Артур и Гвэн Rewatching Merlin 1x01 – “The Dragon’s Call”

HumbleQueen posted on Jan 12, 2013 at 05:06PM
Now that the show has ended let’s go back and rewatch the episodes with a whole new perspective. We have watched the characters develop and gotten to know them well. Some we love more than others, but now our perspectives have changed as we know how everything turns out. Let’s have fun looking at the story unfold with our new perspectives from when we first watched the respective episodes. (Thanks to the folks over at tvdotcom for ideas we’ve borrowed from them.)

Moderators for Season 1:
HumbleQueen
Sportyshuie
Ellarose88
[others...]

Rules are as follows:

I. We are getting started with 1x01 on Saturday, January 12, 2013 and a new forum will be opened every following Saturday. Moderators will post following the order in the list above to open threads and we’ll be watching the episodes in sequence. We will then be watching the last episode of Season 1 (1x13) on the week beginning April 6th.

II. Every moderator opening a rewatching thread should copy and paste the information in this entry (Introduction, List of moderators, Rules and Master List) at the top. That way, keeping track of the turns and our progress will be easier and also having the rules at hand will be useful for those who may have decided to join us part way through.

III. Everyone opening a rewatching thread is responsible for reminding the next person in the list to do the same the following Saturday (sending a pm on Friday should do it).

IV. Anyone not being able to open a thread on a particular Saturday can swap turns with the next person in the list (or anyone else) as long as they keep track of their respective turns.

V. People taking part can jump in with comments, but just because you watch and comment on a particular episode does not mean it’s compulsory to watch every single episode to be a part of this rewatching.

VI. Anyone is most welcome to join at any time. Also, new moderators will be added to the list when we get them.

VII. If you don’t have dvd’s or subscribe to Netflix or Amazon Prime, the first four seasons are available free (with ads) on hulu: link

Also famfan suggestedlink

VIII. Constructive criticism of characters/actors is always in order, but please no bashing.

IX. Let’s have fun down memory lane. Be inspired to do fanfics, fanvids, and fanart.

Here’s a master list of a twelve items we’ll be looking for in all episodes. The moderator will post the lists (as filled in) at her convenience. Anybody can suggest any they see though. Mods will also be posting their own questions for discussion.

A. Anything that has to do with Arwen.
B. Lives saved.
C. R.I.P. list.
D. Who spent time in the dungeon?
E. Times Arthur is knocked unconscious or prevented from knowing about Merlin's magic
F. Great dragon predictions/riddles.
G. Statements about Arthur becoming the great king of legend.
H. What Uther says about magic.
I. Progress or resets in Arthur/Merlin relationship
J. Guest star special characters.
K. Morgana dreams.
L. Knights of the round table appearances.

Episode One List

A. Anything to do with Arwen
No interaction
Gwen talks to Merlin about Arthur in a negative way.

B. Lives Saved
Arthur

C. R.I.P. List
Man beheaded
Gregory (probably)
Lady Helen
Maid
Mary Collins

D. Who spent time in the dungeon?
Merlin

E.Times Arthur is knocked unconscious or prevented from knowing about Merlin's magic
None

F. Great dragon predictions/riddles
"How small you are for such a great destiny, Your gift, Merlin, was given to you for a reason, Arthur is the Once and Future King who will unite the land of Albion, But he faces many threats from friend and foe alike, Without you, Arthur will never succeed. Without you, there will be no Albion. None of us can choose our destiny, Merlin, and none of us can escape it. "
Riddle:"There is no right or wrong. Only what is and what isn't."

G. Statements about Arthur becoming the great king of legend.
What Kilgarrah said above.

H. What Uther says about magic.
"Let this serve as a lesson to all. This man, Thomas James Collins, is judged guilty of conspiring to use enchantments and magic. And, pursuant to the laws of Camelot, I, Uther Pendragon, have decreed that such practices are banned on penalty of death. I pride myself as a fair and just king, but for the crime of sorcery, there is but one sentence I can pass. "

I. Progress or resets in Arthur/Merlin relationship
That epic market scene and when Merlin saves Arthur's life. Progress.

J. Guest star special characters.
Eve Myles (Mary Collins/ Lady Helen)
Caroline Faber (Hunith)

K. Morgana dreams.
None

L. Knights of the round table appearances.
None

Now that the Показать has ended let’s go back and rewatch the episodes with a whole new perspective. We
last edited on Jan 18, 2013 at 11:55PM

Артур и Гвэн 30 Ответы

Click here to write a response...
You've gone too far. Reloading last forum page...