Аватар Легенда о Корре LOK Episode Discussion Форум

zanhar1 posted on Sep 13, 2013 at 10:48PM
I don't know if anyone is interested in this, but this is basically for discussing the episode as it airs. Alchemistlover bought it up. She didn't make it yet so I did, since the episode airs tonight in less than 15 minutes. I hope you don't mind me making the forum Alchemistlover.

Click here to write a response...
Больше года zanhar1 said…
Feel bad for Sato.

So glad Tenzin called Korra out for abusing the Avatar State.

Lol Bo confusing Desna for a woman.

Kind of upset they left Asami out of the festival...

"You're my assistant so just stand there and don't say anything!"

Loved Asami's 'business' meeting.
last edited Больше года
tsmith120 commented…
I didn't feel bad for Asami, she moved up in my opinion of her with taking over her dad's company and trying to get it back on top. Good on her. Больше года
zanhar1 commented…
That's a good point. Больше года
Больше года tsmith120 said…
Liked it a lot. Loved Mako and his one-liners, it was good to see something less bland from him (and his high speed chase was just an awesome action scene, I thought). Bolin mistaking Desna for a woman was hilarious, and getting in on the business meeting was quality.
I hope the uncle isn't a bad guy, it'd be too much like the Tarlock thing last season and I actually kind of like him, he seems like a very fleshed out character already and I'm interested in his relationship with his family and where that will go.
Asami's stuff I enjoyed way more than the love triangle crap last season; thought that Mako and Korra having trouble was good because they at least acknowledged it and weren't making it out to be the perfect romance or anything like that. That would have been painful and annoying.
Tenzin, Bumi and Kya were great, from what I've seen of the three together, although I do wish we saw Lin and Iroh at some point and could see all the old gang's descendants interact. That would be cool.
Don't have a problem so much with Korra's treatment of Tenzin and her dad; they were kind of out of line, although I wasn't too thrilled with her response I have a hunch that this will be the season where she finally learns to respect her powers and her teachers, being about the Spirit World and all, she won't be able to just fight her way through this and will need to learn in this season.
And finally: I REALLY like the uncle character. He's so... grey. I have no idea where they want to go with him; for the sake of variety I hope he ends up a good guy, but his air of superiority makes him seem like he could be a bad guy and at the same he does genuinely seem to care about Korra's training for its own sake, not because he wants to use her like Tarlock did last season.
Thanks for putting this forum up, it's a great idea and look forward to discussing future episodes.
Больше года Alchemistlover said…
I don't think Korra was very reasonable and her uncle is plotting something. I actually liked Makko this episode because he was being rational and hated Korra giving him crap (see Mako that's why you should have stayed with Asami!). Overall was very impressed.
last edited Больше года
Больше года 123cosmo4 said…
Can't believe everyone likes Eska so much. I think Bolin will see how awful she is and get with Asami! Perfect, am I right?
benderblue commented…
no way. I ship Iroh and asami. Bo will find someone else he's awesome! Больше года
zanhar1 commented…
Bosami! Больше года
And Korra has got to make amends with Tenzin. I felt SO bad for him. It can't stay like this.
"How long before he tries to tell us what kind of cookies to eat!?" Verick
"Probably a few days." Jula

Okay the twins have scary laughs...

I feel like Mako was referencing Asami with his break up speech. I hope not. Laughed when Bo made the 'your good at breaking girls' hearts thing.
last edited Больше года
tsmith120 commented…
If he'd сказал(-а) it differently, it could have been some pretty good devlopment, like he regrets how he handled things with her. It would have moved him up in my opinion if they took that route. I got the impression that scene was just played for laughs, not meant to be taken inlight of his Назад relationships until that 'good at breaking girls' hearts' line. Больше года
zanhar1 commented…
Exactly. I feel the same about the whole 'just for laughs thing' Больше года
The twins laughs were quite funny but i hated that there mistreating poor Bolin so badly now. Last episode it was funny but now there making him pull there carriage and try to feed him to Parana's?I still like them kinda and hope they become better characters i still have hope. Also i never expected Aang to be such a favorite picker i mean i know Tenzein was an airbender but still his other kids could have come on vacation to .
last edited Больше года
Liked episode 3, I'm really getting the impression that Korra's uncle is being played up as the bad guy for a twist reveal that he actually isn't... At least I really hope that's the case, it would just be so clichéd if he was another villain and Korra ended up part of the resistance against him, it'd be way too similar to the previous series.
A little disappointed with no Iroh and Asami, and would like to see other characters being developed than just Korra and Aang's kids - Bolin and Mako have been around for time, give them something character related that they can do! I really want to like them, but it's getting harder the longer we go without giving them character development!
"I'm not on a hunt for you, not this time."

"Mako gave me bad advice"

Verick hiding in the platypus bear with Jula!

I loved how Asami told Bo to stand up for himself. Oh gosh, its great to have her back.

"I told them to take care of it and then I winked"

Verick is growing on me, he's hilarious.

"That platypus bear is pooping money!"

Sato piloting!

"That's what I made this boat for!"

Just a few of my favorite parts of this episode. Needless to say Ioved it!
Alchemistlover commented…
SAME! also the thing with Tenzein and his siblings Verrick is indeed growing on me oh and him hiding in the медведь with Jula was hysterical! i was like "How is she breathing?!" Больше года
Well that was a good episode. The Bolin and Eska thing was funny at the end when he ran away from her. I knew Unalaqu was a jerk he is so twisted. I like that Asami is back with team avatar again!
joyfullness101 commented…
Same! Больше года
Well, disappointed they went with the obvious route of making the uncle evil. Still, I think we haven't heard enough of his motivation yet for me to write off his character yet; the whole 'you just want power' didn't seem to ring true for someone who seems to be a spiritual scholar. I reckon he was telling the truth about the Dark Spirits and that this Civil War will only lead to them being unleashed, and that's what this season will have for its main plot.
SO many great jokes this episode, they've really brought the humour back with a vengeance this season - Bolin and Pabu dressed for the wedding was gold.
Glad Asami's back, and the fact that they need to bring back the United Forces or whatever they're called suggests to me they might be bringing Iroh back - and I'd say about time too.
And the stuff with Tenzin and his family was wonderful, as always. Bumi is now one of my favourites, just from that one speech he had with his dad's statue. Such a wonderful bit of development for his character told so quickly and effectively without seeming forced or contrived - brilliant.
"Welcome home avatar, thanks for starting a war" lol Lin

"And I am dying for a pedicure"
"Have you really seen it..."

YOU HAD ONE JOB MAKO!

OMG Varick's creative process.

"You should have seen air temple island after Tenzin broke up with me"
laugh
The funny lines this episode XD my favorite was either "Welcome back avatar....thanks for starting a war" or "You should have seen air temple island after Tenzein broke up with me" also Verricks 'creative' process
last edited Больше года
Good episode. Still not sure what's right and wrong in this whole thing, keeping the peace and trying to be diplomatic or trying to go into the Southern Water Tribe guns blazing to rescue them.
I am actually enjoying Mako this series, if they focus on him balancing his job with his personal life and trying to work out the right thing to do amongst that, could make for some interesting development from him. I don't feel strongly one way or the other about his decision to tell the president what happened.
Varrick and Bolin were quality, as always.
And I definitely hope we see more of Iroh and Lin for the rest of the series. Love them both.
Also... That ending. Damn, they know how to leave you hanging. 'Korra's been swallowed by a spirit. See you next week.'
This episode was kinda short in my opinion i know it was just as long as a normal episode but it felt short. Masami kiss=no way!! he doesn't deserve her love. Also i feel bad Asami has such bad luck :( Didn't like Bolin really alto ugh he was kinda funny and wonder if Korra will remember who she is soon.
"I can't believe they took out my fifth favorite ship!"

"I love not knowing things!" Man Varick has the best quotes.

"Because you have two extra toes!" ~ Sato

Nice to see Bo blow Mako off for once.

I felt so bad for Sato when she thought her business was going under. It was nice to see Mako tell Asami he believes in her, I'm starting to not hate him anymore. And the kiss! Well shit, I didn't see that coming. Kind of disappointed in Sato as she should know better than anyone that its not okay to take someone's man, but then again he's not with Korra any more.
Больше года 18wanda said…
Verrick the traitor? I sure didn't see that one coming. I am kinda interested in seeing what is coming up next on Nut-tuk though.
I actually started to suspect Varrick when he said it was his fifth favourite ship... I dunno why, either, it just seemed a little forced on his part, a bit suspicious. And I am nearly convinced that Korra's uncle isn't the bad guy that he seems to be in these early episodes; I've noticed that aside from the whole thing with Korra's dad, very little of what he has been doing seems to have been actually evil. Whenever we see him, his goals are so ambiguous... Maybe it's just my imaginings, though.
The kiss... meh. Not the love triangle again, PLEASE. Aside from that, though, I actually really liked Mako and Asami in this episode, I thought they worked together really well, and it did a good job of showing their investment in the situation.
Bolin and Varrick were still as funny as anything, though. Loved the scene between Bolin and Mako, seeing Bolin actually getting one over Mako was pretty refreshing. Plus all the stuff in their apartment thing was hilarious.
Больше года tecna535 said…
hmmm
I just want to say

I really dont like the story line of season 2 so far, sprits, really? I prefer season 1
Interesting really like Wan so far and how the first Avatar came to be.
"This is why I left home!"
who сказал(-а) that again? LOL Больше года
zanhar1 commented…
Bo Больше года
Oh yeah i remember now when he was telling Asami he left Mako's house Больше года
big smile
Good episode loved Eska saving Desna she obviously has some humanity in her. Korra was alright in this episode and lol when she finished giving her speech Tenzein went "I knew that would happen" XD
last edited Больше года
Больше года 18wanda said…
for the new episode! Jinora and Korra in the spirit world? Epic... No to mention I am dying to see where this Vatu/Unalaq thing goes.
joyfullness101 commented…
Me too! Больше года
It was pretty good. Iroh making an appearance rocked. I disliked the owl library leader even more than i did in the original series, and yeah Unalaq has no room calling Tenzein a bad father.
Okay, the first season was so much simpler and lighter than this series. I had no idea the plot would come to this, saving the entire world all over again. It is a lot to take in. I really need to watch this whole season again to really fully comprehend how I feel about this season. I love it for sure, but I need to become "one with the Avatar."
"Oh you're going for the insanity plea!"

Dat poster!

"I had it imported from the fire nation, they make great red stuff!"

"You do know Jooji is actually not dead right?"
last edited Больше года
zanhar1 commented…
Bolin and Asami's faces when Korra and Mako's kiss! Больше года
zanhar1 commented…
"I had a feeling I'd end up here some time!" Больше года
zanhar1 commented…
"Mako who go Ты thrown in jail! Wait I guess that was a bad thing." Больше года
zanhar1 commented…
"I did it all with my trusty flute and--ah never mind Ты wouldn't believe me anyways!" Больше года