Comparative Religion BE

Sappp posted on Nov 17, 2008 at 08:46PM
One of my favourite bands is Pain of Salvation. One of their albums is calles 'BE'.
Basically the concept of the album is this: a god excist, but he is lost. He does not know where he is from or why he is here.
He creates man in his image to discover things about himself, to know where he is from. But the pieces become shattered: to many to count, to many to follow, and the world becomes chaotic.
I think this is a very interesting idea and was wondering what others here though about it.

Comparative Religion 4 Ответы

Click here to write a response...
Больше года harold said…
It's an interesting idea. At first glance, it seems similar to some native american mythos as well as the ancient greek pantheon, in that the deity is very limited and very human in behavior/outlook.

Would this mean that the "BE" God didn't anticipate reproduction in his creation? Or did he just not anticipate how it would affect things? It might mean that the "BE" God could reproduce (another way he'd resemble the ancient Greek deities).
Больше года dazl said…
You could follow the Docetism thinking- which is, that God is trapped in human form through Jesus, that Jesus only appears human.

There is something about God calling himsef the creator, and ancient Gnostic gospels...but I'm too tired to form a cohesive thought on that subject. I'll try and make sense of it later and ost a decent response.
Больше года Sappp said…
I think he did not anticipate how it would affect things, especially how it would affect the earth.
I don't think the 'BE' God could reproduce: in many of the songs he is more portrayed as the Judea-Christian God then as the ancient Greek deities.

(this is ofcourse just my interpretation of the lyrics, this is a link to the lyrics link )
Больше года yesterdaysjam said…
wink
I think 'BE' is very powerful. All we can do is BE. BE ourselves. BElieve in want we want to believe in. Just BE. BEcause in the end it doesn't matter. Whatever will BE will BE.