What are your proper reasons for disliking/ not preferring Harry Potter/Twilight over Harry Potter/ Twilight (for those who choose sides)
My reasons for disliking Twilight: (OPINION!)
I picked up the first book when I was around fourteen ish and wanted to see what all the hype was about, (my former best friend was an obsessed Twihard.) Anyways, I forced myself through a grueling two weeks in order to finish the book so I didn't have an unbiased opinion. Once I had finished, I noticed a couple of things:
1) The Письмо prose was weak IMO. Most of the sentences and paragraphs had a lot of unnecessary, ahem, adjectives in them. (Honestly, I don't need to be reminded of ol' Eddy's cold, hard, granite, skin etc every couple of pages!)
2) The character development was poor in my opinion. Bella started off as a depressed moody girl without a boyfriend to a depressed moody girl with a boyfriend. The Cullens, the only interesting characters IMO, needed еще screen time and Edward needed еще backstory.
3) The villains! What was the actual point of James hunting down Bella? Her blood? That's it? Seriously? The Evil Trio или whatever they were called needed еще screen time! I found them to be mildly creepy stalkers at the end of the book rather than menacing revenge hungry villains.
4) This one is completely my opinion so not an actual flaw, anyways... The book didn't grab me. To be honest, I just wanted to give Bella a good slap and tell her, "SNAP OUT OF IT, BITCH!" The story dragged on (once again my opinion since HP OotP did as well) and we had to go through countless pages of Bella moping and whining before we got to the main point. Come on!
There are еще but I'll point out the good stuff about Twilight.
1) The Cullens! They fascinated me, honestly that was one good thing about Twilight. I just wished Smeyer would've дана them еще screen time but that would have made the story drag on. Eh whatever.
So, all of this is my opinion. What's your opinion to dislike/ not prefer the respective book series? (or book if you've only read one.)