Гарри Поттер против Сумерек Twilight vs. Harry Potter Дебаты Форум

XDRoseLuvsHP posted on Dec 07, 2009 at 11:51PM
I made this so we can debate on which series is better over here (instead of invading each others pro-Twilight or pro-Harry Potter forums). Feel free to state your opinions here.

Here are some tips:

1. Support your answers
2. Respect other peoples opinions (even if they do not respect yours. You can disagree, but be the mature one and be somewhat polite about it. No saying "YOU SUCK, GO DIE" or anything like that please)

Have fun!

Гарри Поттер против Сумерек 293 Ответы

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 151-200 of 293

Больше года Mrs-Grint said…
big smile
Why do you think Twilight is "Best thing Evr"? You didn't explain.

Athiya: For me, I think Harry Potter definetly has deeper and perhaps even more love. Twilight may be called a "romance" novel (which I think is seriously disrespecting the romance genre), but the love in it isn't real. It's lust. I've always said this. Edward just feels bloodlust for Bella. In other words, "HE WANTS TO NOM NOM HER!!!" and Bella just lusts after Edward because he's good-looking. Do they ever share a laugh together? Unlike Harry and Ginny, they do not. Possibly the relationships between Alice/Jasper, Rosalie/Emmett and Esme/Carlisle could perhaps have "deeper love" but since Meyer never really expanded on the other vampires and their personalities etc so we don't really see inside their minds. Thus, I'm sticking with Bella and Edward as examples.

The love in Harry Potter is so deep and emotional he makes me want to burst into tears. (I must admit this is only Lily & Severus's relationship that I'm talking about... BUT STILL!) I swear, all rabid TwiHards should read A Prince's Tale, maybe that'll slap some sense into what REAL love is, not just creepy stalking and mental abuse. But with Ron&Hermione you see their love for eachother grow throughout the series - it's the most sweetest thing! You see how Ron develops a soft spot for Hermione. Then later in Half-Blood Prince you can see Hermione's broken heart at the sight of Ron and Lavender together. The emotions can make you squeal with happiness or sob like a sailor's wife looking into a storm. When Edward left Bella in New Moon. I. Did not. Give. A toss. Bella obviously doesn't love EDWARD because as soon as Jacob came in she recovered immediatley. It isn't Edward that she loves, it's the thought of having a man with her (which makes her such a stupid "role-model" but I won't get into that now...) and I think that's incredibly shallow! Also in Breaking Dawn (or Breeding Spawn) Meyer makes all the love cheesy (which it is). I actually felt like vomiting. The love in Harry Potter is NEVER NEVER EVER cheesy. The characters don't ARGUE about who loves eachother more! Jeez! I admit, the Epilogue in Deathly Hallows was slightly cheesy. But you needed that after all the good characters dying! (My favourites, anyway. *Sniff* RIP Remus Lupin and Bellatrix Lestrange). Even with incredibly emotional scenes like when Sirius and Dumbledore died, it was never cheesy (Yes, this still counts as love. It doesn't HAVE to be romantic!) that's what makes Rowling such an epic writer. She can handle it! There are all sorts of different types of love in Harry Potter for example, love for family and friends, love for 'someone special' and the heartbreaking reality which is hopeless love (SNAPE!!). Seriously, if Severus's feelings for Lily aren't love. I don't know what is.

- Peace x
Больше года ABDCFan- said…
smile
^Woo,! :D
big smile
^^ Haha, thank you. :)
Больше года LilysLittleTwin said…
You rule, Annie!
Больше года XDRoseLuvsHP said…
Awesome answer, Mrs-Grint! XD

I would just like to add that it was really Harry's ability to feel love that gave him the advantage over Voldemort. Voldy is probably a more powerful wizard in the technical sense, in all honesty (meaning he could physically do more), but Harry had love. That automatically makes him more powerful. Also, it was Lily died in place of her child. That is pure love right there. That is what kept Harry safe from Voldy for the first 3 books and most of the 4th book. Another example? Frank and Alice, of course! In some ways, their sacrifice may have been one of the biggest in the entire story. Tortured into madness for their only son? THAT is love right there.

Also, in Breaking Dawn, Bella and the Cullens barely spared a second thought toward that vampire friend that died (I can't remember her name... something with an I? Whatever). That is kind of a lack of love. In Harry Potter, EVERYONE is grieved. Cedric, Sirius, Dumbledore, Hedwig, Dobby, Mad-Eye, Snape, Fred, Remus, Tonks, and all of the others who died for the greater good.
Too right, Rose (I'm guessing that's your name XD). The whole series practically REVOLVES around love. I think it's Irina your thinking of... did she die? I only read 'Holy imprint, Batman!' once... thank God.
Больше года Athiya said…
Come on, Twihard? No comebacks? Is that all? xD
I know. "FIGHT BACK YOU COWARDS!!" XD
Больше года Renesemee717 said…
u do no that ur not supposed 2 get sesitive, rite 'Mrs_Grint'...?
The line Mrs-Grint put was actually a quote from Harry Potter. x)
Больше года Paramore-CSI said…
wow annie that was amazing!!
lol the twihard has no answers!!
Yes... Renesmee717 have you actually read Harry Potter? Because if you had, you would have known it was a quote. It was even used in the Half-Blood Prince film. Jeez.

Thank you. I wish more Twilight fans would comment, it would make this forum A LOT more intresting - not that it isn't. Just more so. <3
Больше года Athiya said…
*is somewhat amazed by all the "Voldie"s, as the characters in the book themselves only dared to call him by "You Know Who"* xD

Team Potter -- since Team Eddie is not responding -- give reasons how the Harry-Ginny relationship are different from Edward-Bella, since Harry had only just realized that he liked Ginny on the sixth book, after all the years they spent together.

Больше года cirquedumort97 said…
WTF this is not a debate there's only one side lolz
r the twihards too scared to defend their precious twilight and robbert pattison? or are they just not responding because there is no valid reasons that twilight is better then Harry Potter? you would think they would at least come here to say OMG Edward cullen is lyk sooo hawt and lyk stuff ya kno? and lyk twilights a luv story which makes it better then some lyk story about a boi who lieved and lyk yah and stuff cause we twilighters dnt understand Jkrs big pplz talk and stuff ya kno yah? we're too stupid to read the books
I saw something like this on another website... i wish i were kidding
Больше года Athiya said…
From the Great Twilight vs. Harry Potter debate, as said by Caroline Suh;

"If Harry Potter has taught me anything, it's that if you don't get killed by a looming evil in your first year of school, then do something even more ballsy in your second year to get it done. For a boy who grew up with no proper parenting figure throughout a portion of his year where one is most necessary, he is able to show minimum disregard to warnings and school authority and go breaking the rules. Rather than being even mildly punished for his actions, he is greatly celebrated by his whole school. Sure, Harry Potter's hard work and determination helped him "triumph over evil" but so did his sheer luck. Yes, he is not the brightest wizard at school or the most athletic, that's why he has smart and athletic friends to help get the job done for him. So lesson is: if you know you can't beat He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named on your own, make friends with people that have talents that you lack and have them risk their lives with you. The Twilight series on the other hand teaches lesson of patience, self-control, sacrifice, responsibility. Bella and Edward make chastity a virtue again by waiting to take their relationship to the next physical level until they're married. From Bella alone, we learn to appreciate valuable human experiences in life and how it is important not to rush them as they happen. Before making choices, we have to realize the full potential of the aftermath, which is something Bella learns about her decision of wanting to become a vampire once she meets Brie in Eclipse. From Edward, everyone should not expect someone with perfection to his extent, but we can learn to have some expectations from people of what it truly means to make sacrifices for loved ones, practice self-control, and open the car door for others once in a while."

Wait... that stuff by Caroline Suh... it was a joke, right? Right?
so boryng cuz theres no hawt guys or kissng.
ummm this was written by a twi-hard and i think they need to b introduced to some pplz lyk
DRACO FRIKIN MALFOY, RON, AND LAVENDER(for the kissing) (AND THE YOUNG MAURADERS sry sp*) i mean c'mon
really? didn't they even see the 6th movie
Больше года Athiya said…
I don't think so, Mrs-Grint. She's defending Twilight, and her arguments were all like these, sadly.

WHAT? WHAT? I MEAN - WHAT THE HELL? THIS IS MADNESS!

Now I am calm. I shall kill that argument step by step.

"If Harry Potter has taught me anything, it's that if you don't get killed by a looming evil in your first year of school, then do something even more ballsy in your second year to get it done."

I'm sorry - what? Harry doesn't ASK for these things to happen to him! Why would he? He just tries to help and if he didn't, well, one the books would be A LOT less intresting and two the Wizarding World would be pretty fucked. This argument doesn't even make sense.. Harry doesn't get killed in his first year so he tries to do it in his second? *BEEP* Not accepted.

"For a boy who grew up with no proper parenting figure throughout a portion of his year where one is most necessary, he is able to show minimum disregard to warnings and school authority and go breaking the rules."

When I (emphasise on the "I") read this, my first thoughts were: Rules are meant to be broken. But that's just my own personal thought. And anyway, Harry only "goes against the rules" when he's trying to save his friend from being killed by a 12-foot mountain troll (I assume she is talking about the first book) and to stop Voldemort coming back. If he were too polite to intervene then people would have DIED.

"Rather than being even mildly punished for his actions, he is greatly celebrated by his whole school. Sure, Harry Potter's hard work and determination helped him "triumph over evil" but so did his sheer luck."

Harry was only praised for his actions in the first and second books(and the end of the last one)! And why shouldn't he? He did a great service to his school. But in GoF he was completely shunned for the "triumph over evil" that he did. And a hell of a lot more in OOTP, too. No one looks at him, believes him, anything. But yes, lots of times it was luck, and I can put up with that. But most of the time it was bravery, chivalry and the "pure of heart" he possesed.

"Yes, he is not the brightest wizard at school or the most athletic, that's why he has smart and athletic friends to help get the job done for him. So lesson is: if you know you can't beat He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named on your own, make friends with people that have talents that you lack and have them risk their lives with you."

Oh dear Lord. This person needs to read Harry Potter again. Yes, Harry is not the smartest or athletic in his year, he's bravest. That's what makes us relate to him. He's not special AT ALL, he's not a Gary Stu, (unlike Edward Sparklepants over there) he has flaws, he's so HUMAN. Edward, on the other hand, is not. He's so "perfect" that people can't relate to him. He's a Gary Stu. But the only Sue qualities Harry posses are: he has money and he has a dark past. That's it.
WHAT?? HARRY DOESN'T MAKE RON OR HERMIONE RISK THEIR LIVES FOR HIM. DID THIS WOMAN READ HALF-BLOOD PRINCE?! OR DEATHLY HALLOWS? Christ! Ron's even less fortunate than Harry - he's not smart or athletic at all. He's just Harry's chirpy mate. Yes, Hermione is extremely intelligent. To quote Harry himself "she's the best in our year." Hermione helps Harry a lot, too. She DOES risk her life for him - and so does Ron. But Harry doesn't make them, he's completely against it. But in Deathly Hallows it all comes down to Harry, doesn't it? He has to die. Ron and Hermione can't help him there. Done.

"The Twilight series on the other hand teaches lesson of patience, self-control, sacrifice, responsibility."

Hahahahaha... oh, wait, she's serious? *sigh* I was afraid of that.
Patience? Don't make me LAUGH! Bella begs Edward to have sex with her. It's so weird. Yeah, she can ask Edward if he wants to, but if says "no, you have to wait till after we're married" that's perfectly fine. It's within his rights. It's just...ugh, I can't even argue with this!
Self-control? Is this meaning "self-control" as in when everytime Bella touches Edward he flies across the room? As so not to eat her? *BEEP*
Responsibility? I don't see how it teaches responsibility. Anyone care to enlighten me? I shall put the BEEP on standhold.
SACRIFICE?? WHAT? If she's talking about Bella then she seriously needs to re-think things. Bella does not sacrifice ANYTHING! What, so, turning into a gorgeous immortal so you can fuck your perfect boyfriend for the rest of your lives is sacrificing something? Bella WANTS to turn into a vampire. Even Dobby sacrifices more. No, in fact, the blue-willow-patterned teacup in PoA sacrifices more. But, NO. YOU are comparing Bella to Harry, aren't you? Okay, in Deathly Hallows, Harry discovers that he's been brought up like a pig to slaughter. He has to WILLINGLY kill himself so the whole world won't die. For the good of mankind, let's say. Bella, on the other hand, turns into a vampire, giving up her "heartbeat". Seriously... someone give her Deathly Hallows!!

"Bella and Edward make chastity a virtue again by waiting to take their relationship to the next physical level until they're married. From Bella alone, we learn to appreciate valuable human experiences in life and how it is important not to rush them as they happen."

Okay, first, I do not see the point in waiting to have sex until your married. But, if you want to, that's totally OK. But Stephenie Meyer, please, PLEASE do not push your religion onto the minds of young girls. Just... don't.
I do not see how Bella values her human experiences. She begs for Edward to turn her into a vampire. Uh... *BEEP*

"Before making choices, we have to realize the full potential of the aftermath, which is something Bella learns about her decision of wanting to become a vampire once she meets Brie in Eclipse."

*Gigglesnort* This is COMPLETELY GOING AGAINST MY BELIEFS! XD Like, so much, it's funny! Live in the moment, guys. Or chances may just pass you by. Brie? Like the cheese? *snort* OKAY, serious time. This argument is... well, it's not faulty. It can be accepted.

"From Edward, everyone should not expect someone with perfection to his extent, but we can learn to have some expectations from people of what it truly means to make sacrifices for loved ones, practice self-control, and open the car door for others once in a while."

I hate Edward and his "perfection". Uh... what does Edward "sacrifice"? If anyone could enlighten me on this, it would be intresting... self-control? Not eating Bella everytime you kiss her? She can't even kiss back! Where's the fun in that? OK, with the opening of car doors thing. I would be quite annoyed if my boyfriend did that all the time. I can open the door myself, thank you! But then, Bella can't DO things by herself, can she? She needs to have Eddiekins beside her. I see how she doesn't mention Edward stalking Bella, for like, MONTHS.

So, in conclusion. I have taken down MOST of this argument. But the debate shall GO ON!
rainy
WOW...
this person really thought that what they put was actually a DEBATE?????????
patience? self-control? sacrifice? responsibility?
WHEN did toilet EVER teach these things cause all it really seemed to do was tell you what eddikins thought bella should do
PATIENCE????????? ron had more patience then there was EVER shown in toiliet
EVEN VOLDEMORT HAD MORE PATIENCE I MEAN HES THE BADASS GUY TOO WTF?
I KNOW! *facepalm*
Больше года MissDK said…
Annie, you make me proud of the HP fandom. It's all I've got to say. :)
Annie (I'm assuming that's your name because everyone else is calling you that), you are awesome.

I can fight the line, "Before making choices, we have to realize the full potential of the aftermath, which is something Bella learns about her decision of wanting to become a vampire once she meets Brie in Eclipse." Bella NEVER becomes "Brie". She doesn't have to worry about not eating humans; she's a natural, of course! Unlike every other vampire who has to take YEARS to control themselves, Bella can do this from day one. So I guess it doesn't apply to her? Because she's the Mary-Sue, so naturally she has it easy, since she's "oh so perfect!"
D'awwwww, thanks guys.

I agree: What's up with Bella not acting like a proper new-born?! Meyer's pushed the SUE button again. Whoop-de-fricking-doo.
No Twihard comebacks? Like always? *sigh*
big smile
I think I'll respond to what Athiya said and explain how HarryxGinny is different than BellaxEdward (oh, this should be fun!). Maybe this'll start some real debate!

I may not be the biggest HarryxGinny shipper, but I do see their relationship working out. It's real love, not overpowered lust. But I'll explain that in the essay I'm about to write :D I do NOT see how Edward and Bella could ever work out. Once they get past their initial lust phase, they'll be over in a snap.

How long have Harry and Ginny known each other before they realized their feelings for each other? Oh, that's right; 4 years (since they didn't really know each other in Philosopher's Stone). How long did Edward and Bella know each other before claiming their eternal love for each other? 4 conversations. And how long was it before Edward started stalking Bella? 1 conversation. How long was it before Harry started stalking Ginny? Oh, right, he doesn't stalk Ginny. This is because stalking does NOT equal romance; stalking equals obsession. Obsession equals serious mental issues and a strong need for some serious therapy. It also equals creepy, which is exactly what Edward is. I mean, he watches her sleep before he is even her boyfriend? How is that NOT creepy?

Harry treats Ginny with respect. He loves her and he always worries about her well being, especially in the last book with Snape as the headmaster of Hogwarts and the Death Eaters having taken over. His entire world may not revolve around her, but he feels very strongly for her. He thinks she's absolutely brilliant, but he doesn't hang around her side every moment. He dumps her in order to protect her, in case the Death Eaters try to use her against him. He feels a special connection with her. Also, did you notice that, except for the eyes, he looks exactly like James Potter? His eyes are like Lily's. Ginny's appearance looks just like Lily's. Ginny's personality is also quite similar to James' with a streak of Lily, while Harry's personality is similar to Lily's with a streak of James. They are very much like Harry's parents, who died to protect their only child.

Edward, however, is obsessed with Bella. He spends all his time right beside her, becomes horribly jealous whenever she speaks to another male who isn't of his family, and proves to be an emotionally abusive boyfriend. He "loves" her because she's pretty and she smells good. Lust, anyone? He is abusive. I've written an article on why he's abusive, but I'll give a brief summary here. He is abnormally jealous of her, he isolates her from friends and family, he questions her whenever she disobeys him (going to see Jacob against his will just because he's jealous, and he admits that, so you cannot argue that "it's for her own good!". Also, wanting to stay in the clearing, etc.), he is very possessive, he dominates her, and he is dominant. I don't care that he's from 1902! Men DO NOT stalk their girlfriends. That has ALWAYS been considered creepy. Abuse is abuse, no matter what time period you come from. He lived through the Women's Rights Movement, he should know better. Also, remember when he forced pain killers on her at the end of Twilight when she CLEARLY did not want them? Or maybe when he TOWED her to his car and forced her to let him drive her home using his physical strength against her? How about when he admits that he would have forced an abortion upon Bella in Breaking Dawn had it not been for Rosalie? Physical abuse, much? He doesn't give a darn about her feelings or about her in general. He lusts her, and he is obsessed with her. He just mistakes it for love, as many people do. You want to compare their love to RomeoxJuliet? Okay! I can do that. How many of you have actually READ Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare? I have, and let me tell you; they are NOT supposed to be in love. They are supposed to be in an obsessive lust relationship mistaking it for love; just like Bella and Edward! Difference: Shakespeare did this on purpose. SMeyer actually thinks they are in love, just like she thinks Romeo and Juliet are actually supposed to be in love.

Now, the girls point of view. What happens when Harry leaves Ginny? She cries, and it is the first time Harry has ever seen her cry, and he feels horrible about it. However, she does not let it destroy her life. She still treats her friends right, and she helps them (Neville and Luna, specifically) to start a rebellion against the Death Eaters at school! They become very rebellious. Ginny still talks to her parents and her family. She still cares about other people. She still feels emotions! Yes, she is broken-hearted after Harry leaves her. However, she does not go into "zombie-mode". This shows that Ginny is a strong character that can fend for herself. She does not constantly need a male by her side. Ginny has had a crush on Harry since Chamber of Secrets. It started as a sort of celebrity crush. She would get extremely shy and awkward around him. However, as the years go on, they become friendly, and she opens up. She starts going out with others (rather quickly, mind you) in order to make Harry jealous (and it works). She loves him for who he is, not what he looks like.

Bella, on the other hand, looks across the cafeteria, sees that Edward is the hottest guy she has ever seen and immediately decides that he is the only man good enough for her... because he's hot. Again, this is called LUST. When Edward leaves Bella, she goes into full out "zombie-mode" for MONTHS. She abandons her friends and family, she ignores everyone, she has even less of a life than before (who knew THAT was possible?), until Jacob, the next hot guy in town, comes along. As soon as she sees him, she automatically feels better; there's another man in her life now! This proves 2 things: 1) she is weak. She needs a man constantly by her side. Anti-feminism and weakness of character, anyone? 2) She did not really love Edward. She lusted him. Then, of course, Edward comes back, she toys with and flirts with and leads on Jacob, feeling sorry for a few minutes every so often so that she can be "justified" to do it again, then breaks his heart ruthlessly. Yeah, great protagonist you've got there, Twilighters. Also, notice how she didn't care that Edward was in pain in Breaking Dawn? In fact, the one time she seemed to be uncharacteristically and abnormally happy and "burst-of-sunshine"ish is when he was in the most pain? (What is up with her sudden character change anyway? Ultra-pessimist to ultra-optimist for a few chapters back to ultra-pessimist again?)

EdwardxBella could never compare to HarryxGinny, and they aren't even close to my favorite couple in Harry Potter! BellaxEdward is about the worst coupling ever in my opinion. Please fight back, Twilighters. This is a bit TOO easy. I'd love to debate! :D
*bows to Rose* We are not worthy... we are not worthy... heh heh. Great points. No twitards responding I see? D'aw.
Больше года LoopyLuna96 said…
smile
*raises wand* HP is better, it has real love and friendship in it. Also, the characters aren't Mary-Sues and Gary-Stus, and have real depth. Each one has a detailed past. I read somewhere that JK wrote pages of back-stories for even the most minor characters.
Больше года Lily_Luna said…
Reason HARRY POTTER is better:
I've read alot of this forum, and I haven't seen one legitimate reason that Tw*l*ght is better than Harry Potter. Here are the most common reasons I'm seeing:
1. "But Harry Potter isn't a lovetually read the books, you'd know that. There's actually quite a bit of romance in Harry Potter, especially in the later books. And as for meaning, well, what meaning does Tw*l*ght have? That it's important to have a boyfriend? The meaning behind Harry Potter IS love! It's love and courage and friendship. Do you think Harry would let Voldemort kill him if he didn't love his friends enough to die for them?

2. "im too dumb to read herry potter."
Okay. Seriously? If that's truly the case, then you should put the Tw*l*ght book down and go study. Being dumb is not cute. It is not attractive. It's actually pretty annoying.

3. "The characters in Tw*l*ght story!/ Harry Potter has no MEANING!"
Oh, but it does, and if you'd achave such strong bonds!"
Well, so do Harry, Ron, Hermione, and all the other characters of Harry Potter.

4. "But the vampires are so hot!"
If looks are all you're concerned about, then maybe it's good you're reading Tw*l*ght, because it would seem you're as shallow as they are.

5. "Tw*l*ght is more realistic!"
Really? I mean, really? Neither is more realistic than the other, because, in case you have failed to notice, they are both FANTASY. and saying that Tw*l*ght is more realistic than Harry Potter is a weak and pathetic argument. And just because Harry is the Chosen One doesn't make him any less relateable than Bella. He's a normal teenager, with normal emotions and problems and crushes.

Overall, Harry Potter is a story of love and courage and friendship and a determination to do what's right. Tw*l*ght... is about the "importance" of having a boyfriend.

DUMBLEDORE'S ARMY!
(STILL RECRUITING!)
I still have my DA coin. :')
Больше года TeamSiriusBlack said…
Breaking Dawn was alll about Bella having sex. No one gives a -insert wizard swear here-. Eclipse was about her whining and complaining about wanting to be a vampire and choosing between Edward and Jacob. New Moon was about Bella being suicidal and schizophrenic. Twilight was about lust. Good job, Meyer -sarcasm-. And I loathe Twilight because I don't talk to most of my friends because they hate Harry Potter and love stalk- I mean Twilight.

"You can totally relate to Twilight!"
One word: Bullshit. NO one can relate to a teenager who wants to choose between a *snorts* shape-shifter and a vampire. But I must agree that you can have problems choosing between two people. Yes, you can't relate to some parts in HP but most of them you can. Not knowing your parents- My friend's mother left her when she was a child. She has never know her mother and barely sees her in which she completely ignored her child. My friend can realte that to Harry and Lily. Harry- My friend has never known her mother just like Harry never did, though both of them have seen her. Lily- her mother basically hates her. Lily faces the same thing with her sister.

"Harry Potter is a fantasy!"
So is Twilight you dumb mother fu- *gives up on fans*. This argument makes no sense. Shape-shifters? Vampires? Twilight is a fantasy also. And in case you haven't noticed, shape-shifters are exactly like Animagi, they change to one form. There is one difference between HP vampires and Twilight vampires: They don't care. HP vampires aren't afraid to drink blood and don't care who it is. Sanguini was going to drink girls' blood at the Slughorn party if his friend didn't stop him. They can also eat other foods besides blood. Sanguini was given a pastie.

"Bella is a role model!"
Yep, because wanting have sex with a guy through the series, leading a guy on, being happy when your soulmate is sad, and alsways making out all the time and not having conversations your boyfriend makes you such a good role model.

"Edward is hot"
Correction: No he is not (in my opinion). And this is a very poor argument, even for Twilighters.

"Bella and Edward's romance is LOVE!"
No, it is not. It's lust. You don't see a person and then automatically make them your boyfriend an say you want them. And all they do is have sex, make out, and say they love each other. Not even one decent conversation. And talking about becoming a vampire doesn't count.

"They sparkle!"
Last time I checked, those were fairies. And that's impossible that they don't sparkle when it's cloudy. If it were cloudy enough, you wouldn't be able to see.

Sorry, but I'm mad and I had to cool down. :P
DUMBLEDORE'S ARMY! *raises wand*
Oh, yea, I forgot, everything isn't perfect! Harry tried to tell people the truth but they just ignored him, something everyone will go through. He was laughed at, ridiculed, doubted, even hexed because of what he believed. Bella? She was popular the first second she got theere and gets the 'perfect' boyfriend. The only mystery there is why he can't read her mind and that's because there's nothing there.

Voldemort out, bitches.
Больше года pinkelephant1 said…
cake
where are the pro- twilight responses?!?!?
Ah well.
The biggest thing that bugs me about twilight is that at all these bookstores decided that it would be brilliant to bring out all these twilight bookmarks, posters, keychains, bumper stickers, and yes, even plastic apples! who is ever going to get to sleep with a giant poster of edward the drunk-looking neurotic vampire with abuse issues staring at them?!?! oh right. besides bella. WHO DOESN'T EXIST, so for the twihards plz stop insisting she is real/ relatable/ just like me. because unless you have a stalkerish boyfriend, i highly doubt thats true.
and another thing! harry potter was first. A large group of people seem to be laboring under the delusion that twilight is the new harry potter. well. never in a million years. harry potter is a LEGEND and is becoming a classic (and i mean like the English- language definition of a classic). twilight is just a phase, and recently, most of that hype has been centered around taylor lautner, which i totally see. he's the only reason twilight is still around!no one i talk to seems to like the books any more. the movies are a disgrace-half the cast looks like druggies! while, even though the last hp book came out three years ago *sob sob*, its still one of the highest rated books EVER!

may i once again point out that NO ONE has defended twilight so far? and if they have, not in a very convincing manner!
Just wanted to add a common argument I've seen, and a response.

"Twilight's better because the main characters don't die in gory, scary ways!"

First off, I want to mention that yes, Harry Potter characters do die, and they often have horrible things happen to them. Of course, you don't believe that getting your spine snapped, ribs smashed and uterus ripped apart while a demon child eats its way out of you is gory at all, do you?

Also, it is actually a good thing that JK Rowling kills off some of the good guys. Yeah, it's really sad and I cry when it happens and I mourn the characters deaths. This is good writing. It can get to me at such an emotional level that I can cry and feel pain at these characters deaths. Besides, that's one of the great things about Harry Potter: it keeps you questioning! Knowing that likable characters can die, it keeps the suspense high. With Twilight, we all KNOW that Bella and Edward are going to live, and all the Cullens are going to live, and all the werewolves are going to live, and every "good guy" is going to live. That makes the story even more boring.

Just to add onto the other point I made...

Questions I asked while reading Harry Potter:
-Is Snape good or evil?
-Who is RAB?
-What are the Deathly Hallows?
-Is Harry a Horcrux?
-Who will live? Who will die?
-Is Sirius really dead? Or just beyond the veil?
-What does, "I open at the close" really mean?
-What are the Horcruxes, and where are they?
-Who has been opening the Chamber of Secrets?
-Oh, crap, how are they gonna get out of THIS situation?
-What happened to Luna? (in Deathly Hallows, that is)

Questions I asked while reading Twilight:
-When does the action begin?

I would add "Edward or Jacob," but that was a pretty obvious one, so I left it out. Really? Was anyone really shocked when Bella chose Edward? I know I sure wasn't.
^Nor me. I just read it to get a good laugh and because my sister told me it was a 'good' book.
Больше года ToyletGnome said…
^ So did all my friends.

Rose, just to clarify, Sirius is just behind the veil. He d-didin't die - he cou-couldn't - he ju- it wasn't- *runs off in tears*
It's ok, ToyletGnome. He i-i-isn't DEAD! *cries*
Больше года ToyletGnome said…
Sooooo.....

Where're all the members of Team Twilight?
Больше года snapeislove said…
^maybe they're just out there.. There's just too many HP fans here.. HP fans' logic outnumbered the ones they have.. Am I too rude saying these??
Больше года FredWRules said…
*raises wand, panting slightly* sorry i'm late.
^Don't worry, you are forgiven by the awesomeness of your username.
Больше года DracoLuver said…
Well, Twilight isn't defending itself? I'll defend it.

OMG, HOW CULD U DAT!?!? EDWED IS HAWT. U SUC1 LYYKE, GO GET A LYFE!

I've been taught to look at problems from both points of view. Yeahh, not really working out. :P GO, HP!
smile
Mrs-Grint- thank you. You're username is awesome too. :)
Больше года Twilihart_24_7 said…
al ya bum hells dont diss tvlite is da besterst ya juz dont jet it rite ya all now its true dont ye think diff
Больше года venvargie said…
al ya bum hells dont diss tvlite is da besterst ya juz dont jet it rite ya all now its true dont ye think diff

I'll translate it. "all ya bums hells don't diss twiilight is da besterest ya just don't get ir right now it's true don't ya think different"

Wow...
WTF?
Are you stupid or something?
If they talk like that, then of course they are!
Больше года VampiresRevenge said…
rainy
I think Twilihart_24_7 is the same person as hannahtwilight.

Oh, look at her profile. No way is she 24. If she is, I have lost faith in humanity.

*bashes head against wall* I'm not going to even try to rant about how she makes all Twilight fans look dumb, but she does.
^ amen to that!
wait... she's 24!?!?!?! COME ON, I'm in year 8 and I have better grammar and spelling than her! I've had better spelling since I was about 7!
last edited Больше года
Больше года LoveforSeverus said…
^I think she has like 5 accounts and just goes from account to account. She's getting so annoying and its awful.
gaah!!! If there's more than one of her, then we have to BRING HER DOWN!!! I'll get my dragon :)