Гарри Поттер против Сумерек Why I Like It Better Game!

XDRoseLuvsHP posted on Apr 19, 2010 at 01:44AM
This was inspired by a post made by italiangirl976. Basically, this is what you do...

I'll start by giving one reason why I like Harry Potter better than Twilight. Then, a Twilight Fan will have to name one reason why they like Twilight better than Harry Potter.

RULES:
-For every reason one books fans give, the other books fan must give the same amount of reasons
-No repeating answers
-No insulting each other
-Please, no silly reasons such as "because Edward is HOT and Harry is UGLY!"
-Also, no silly reasons such as "because the vampires in Harry Potter don't sparkle"
(making it even so it's not favoring one side in the instructions)

Yes, you can give more than one reason, but to keep it simple at first, I'll just start with one:

I'll go first:

I like Harry Potter better than Twilight because Harry Potter stimulates my imagination, and it gives me so much to daydream about and think about and create and imagine. It has helped my imagination grow greatly.

Гарри Поттер против Сумерек 25 Ответы

Click here to write a response...
Больше года italiangirl976 said…
I like Twilight because, in my opinion, it is an easy book to get into. When you first start reading it, it sucks you in and you cannot put it down. Its interesting. The story, even with its minor flaws, is a good story line.
last edited Больше года
Больше года ToyletGnome said…
I prefer Harry Potter because the characters have personalities, unlike the flat, stereotypical Twilight characters.
I am a fan of Twilight because, with exception of a few, the characters are interesting, mostly Jacob. They each have something different about them that makes the book better.
I think Harry Potter is better because, in Harry Potter, each part of the plot counts. Every detail of the plot has some effect on the end of the series and/or teaches the characters learn something from the experience. In Twilight, there's quite a lot of useless fluff which, if removed, would have no effect on the ending.
Больше года zanhar1 said…
I like Harry potter better because it has magic and better charcaters.
I like Twilight because it is a love story. A lot of the things that Edward does for Bella is very sweet and romantic. And even when Jacob comes in the story. He loves Bella and the way he feels about her is very sweet. Even when she constantly hurts him and breaks his heart he is still their for her. Even if it is only as her best friend.
Harry Potter is better than Twilight because the romantic relationships in the series are realistic, develop over tine, are healthy, and equal. This is quite different to the relationships in Twlight, as it has been shown on countless occasions that Edward is abusive, and also, just about every relationship in Twilight is based on "love at first sight."
I like that the relationships in not by definition "normal". I like the whole concept of love at first site. It is what makes it different and unique. Those are the books I choose to read. Books that are about vampires and werewolfs. If I wanted a normal, realistic, develop over time relationship then I would not read books such as Twilight.

Больше года PrinceMJluv said…
I like Harry Potter better because no one's lips are 'icy-cold' and there's not kissing in every scene. And there's loads more action in Harry Potter
I like Twilight because it is unique. Even though I don't like the sparkling vampire thing, I still think it is unique and there is no other vampire book quite like it.
Больше года XDRoseLuvsHP said…
I like Harry Potter better because you can feel sympathy for anyone in the series, even Voldemort! Especially Severus Snape... *sniff*
I like Twilight because you relate to at least a couple of characters. Not the whole fall in love with a vampire thing. Like for example Bella, shes clumsy and kind of awkward. I'm sure we've all had our clumsy moments, I know I have them all the time.
I can relate to Harry Potter because the characters are all realistic. They have hobbies, lives, interests, all sorts of relations to other characters, faults and realistic emotions. We can all relate to someone. Like, I may not be able to imagine myself as Harry, but I can sympathize when he has bad romances, or is getting bullied, or is feeling a particular way for whatever reason. Then, I can really put myself in Luna's shoes, because I am very similar to her.
I like the way things are described in Twilight. You get a vivid image of how things and people look. Many people say that she went overboard with that but I don't think that she did. I think it creates a great mental image and makes it easier to picture things.
I like Harry Potter better because it is so action-packed and interesting, and I couldn't put it down. It's nonstop action for the most part, and it's all put together perfectly. Reading Harry Potter is like riding a really intensely amazing roller coaster, but without the nausea (though you do get grief when characters die...)
I like Twilight because there is not really a boring moment in the books. I have talked to a lot of people that skipped the second book altogether just because Edward left. But even with Edward gone the books were still really good. Anti-twilight people like to say that fans only like it because of Edward. But for me that is not true. Even when he was not in the book it was still and awesome book.
^ I liked it when Edward left.

I think Harry Potters is better because every little thing that happens has an impact on the ending, even the things you wouldn't expect to.
Eg. Harry is great at Qudditch and flying. His flying abilities are the reason he passed the first task in GoF and he was able to progress to the third task. During the third task he touches the cup which is a portkey, leading him to Voldemort and causing Voldemort's return.
Eg2. Aberforth's weird obsession with goats and Harry's stag patronus. In the final book, they aparate into Hogsmeade, the Death Eaters are alerted to their presence, and because of the dementors, Harry, Ron and Hermione are forced to give away their position. However, Aberforth is able to convince the death eaters that his goat patronus was the one they saw, when it was actually Harry's stag patronus. This means the trio aren't captured by death eaters, they can get to Hogwarts before Voldemort, they're able to locate the diadem which gets destroyed, thus bringing them one step closer to killing Voldemort.

Those are just a couple of examples, there's heaps more.
last edited Больше года
I think Twilight is better because each book (with exception of the last, but don't even get me started on that) had a good plot line. Many people say they did not but I disagree. They do have story line and are not just pointless books.
Больше года Athiya said…
I like Harry Potter better than Twilight because even though it took seven books for Harry to finish Voldy, those books had necessary things to help win. In Twilight, even if Eclipse and New Moon wasn't around, Bella and Edward can still take the Volturi.
I like Twilight better because I like vampires and werewolfs. In the twilight books you get a mixture of both. Its not just one type of supernatural creature you get a couple. Yes I know harry potter as other things then just wizards but I like vampires and werewolfs better.
I think Harry Potter is better because it's better written.
smile
I like Harry Potter better because it keeps me guessing the whole time! I kept wondering all sorts of things up until the very end, including...
-Who will live and who will die? *sniff*
-Is Snape good or evil?
-What are the horcruxes?
-Where are the horcruxes?
-How do you destroy the horcruxes?
-Who is RAB?
-Who was casting the doe patronus?
-What's happening at Hogwarts now?
-How on earth are they gonna get out of THIS one?
-NOOO! Why did ____ have to die? :'(
-What really happened in Dumbledore's past?
-What is the next Triwizard Task?
-Who is the Heir of Slytherin?
-Is Harry a horcrux?
...and a lot more. There's just so much to think about and wonder and ponder and it keeps you thinking and suspenseful up until the very end!
wink
^ Don't forget...
(Philosopher's Stone)
- What is the three-headed dog guarding?
- What was the thing Hagrid removed from Gringotts?
- Are they the same thing?
(Chamber of Secrets)
- What is the voice Harry can hear inside the walls?
- Who opened the chamber of secrets?
- Is it the same person who opened it 50 years ago?
- What is Slytherin's monster?
- Is the chamber of secrets actually real, or just a practical joke?
(Prisoner of Azkaban)
- Why does Remus - Professor Lupin - skip classes?
- Is Peter Pettigrew alive?
(Goblet of Fire)
- What terrible thing will the Death Eaters do next?
- Who put Harry's name in the Goblet of Fire?
- Where the hell has Voldemort been for the last book and a half? Is he coming back soon? OMFG! Has he been on a murderous rampage?
- What was Barty Crouch doing in the castle?
- What will Voldemort do now he's got a body?
(Order of the Phoenix)
- Why were there dementors in Little Whinging?
- When will the Ministry of Magic admit Voldemort's return?
- What is Voldemort's secret weapon?
- What are the Order guarding?
- What's up with Harry's dreams?
- Will Dumbledore's Army be discovered?
- Why is Voldemort acting in secret? What is he doing?
- How did Harry get into the snake's mind?
- Will Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Neville and Luna get to Sirius in time?
- Is it just a trap?
- What's hidden in the department of mysteries?

And you covered most of the ones in Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows.
Больше года Amy3422 said…
I know it's Twilight's turn, but the last post says 1 month ago.
I like Harry Potter better, because I can completely understand characters who I am nothing like. In reality, I probably have way more in common with Bella than with Harry, but I can't relate to her very well, whereas I identify with almost everything that Harry does or thinks in the series. That takes skill!
Больше года FredWRules said…
^ Same situation, except it's 10 days, not one month.
I like Harry Potter better, because you don't have to put yourself just into the shoes of a main character. I can't remember where I read this, but someone on here (I think...) said that you can float beside the characters like a Hogwarts ghost.
Also, you aren't given so much detail that you barely have to stretch the imagination to picture the characters. You can picture the details yourself if you want to.