Гарри Поттер против Сумерек We Любовь Our Flaws

DracoLuver posted on Nov 27, 2010 at 01:49AM
Basically, I wanted to show a few Twilight fans why having faults is a good thing. This is sort of like a game. You list three personality flaws that you have and list characters from any book that share the same one. Than you compare those characters to anyone from Twilight who you feel is a Mary-Sue. I'll start it off :]

My Flaws:

Hubris shared with Annabeth from Percy Jackson.
High Temper shared with Harry Potter from HP
I don't let people know to much about me (mysterious?) even when I should - Gandalf from LOTR and Dumbledore from HP

Annabeth is really smart and she's always there for her friends. Although she thinks she can create a better world, she's loyal and kind. Harry is brave and would do anything for anyone. He cares deeply about his friends. Yes, he has temper problems, but he knows when to think logically and calm down. Gandalf and Dumbledore both are always stessed andl live in a worry-filled world and they tend not to tell people much about themselves or of anything dangerous. Although they do this, they still saved their world from turmoil. They trust people deeply and both believe in second chances and equility.
Now, these characters, which these personality flaws have achieved a lot in their lifetime, but Bella - being perfect - has never done something so great. She's perfect in everyones eyes, yet she hasn't done anything astounding. Most of the time she has depended on Edward.
Why would characters that have critical flaws be much better and achieve more than Bella? Hm, I wonder ...

Гарри Поттер против Сумерек 4 Ответы

Click here to write a response...
Больше года Angel-Trix said…
My flaws:
1. Holding grudges like Bianca and Nico di Angelo from Percy Jackson.
2. Know-it-all like Hermione Granger from Harry Potter
3. I'm easily tempted by things like Edmund Pevensie from the Chronicles of Narnia

Nico holds such big grudges, even when deep down, he knows it's not their fault. He even turned against Percy and the gods because of a grudge. Even so, Nico helped Percy against the Titans, telling Percy to bathe in the River Styx and saving people against Kronos in the Battle of the Labyrinth .

Okay, even though Hermione is a know-it-all, bossy, and tries to be the best at everything to the point that at certain times, I hate her so severely and want to strangle her, Harry and Ron wouldn't have lasted through the first two books if it hadn't been for her.

Edmund Pevensie was easily influenced by the White Witch and dark. He was gullible and never listed. But even though his actions caused consequenc, he was a great King of Narnia and was a very skilled fighter. After knowing the truth, he gave 110% in protecting Narnia.

Mary Sue/Gary Stu:
Renesmee Carlie Cullen. Everyone likes her. They can't even look at her and not be whipped. She's so smart because she ages fast, she's so beautiful, she's so agile and graceful...
UGH! She brought peace to 'Vampires' and 'Werewolves' when she didn't even do anything! She's the 'miracle child'. She has an amazing power! And all she did was be born...I HATE HER!
Больше года GemonkDruid said…
1. I really like pissing people off. (Peeves from HP)
2. I'm lazy. (Um... Drew from Heroes of Olympus? LOL)
3. I'm scared of bunnies. (Anya from BtVS/Grover from PJO)

MS/GS: Bella Swan. She pisses people off, she's lazy (in the way that she FUCKING NEVER DOES ANYTHING TO HELP THE CULLENS), and she's scared of stuff. But she's not portrayed as that or recognized as that, so yeah...
Больше года Ms_Mea said…
1. I'm way to curious for my own good (Eragon from the Inheritance Cycle)
2. I stay in love for way too long, even if I could never be with that person (Snape from HP)
3. I'm a know-it-all (Hermione from HP)

I can be way too curious like Eragon for whatever reason, and it's gotten me into trouble more then once. I can have a crush on a person or fall in love with a person and stay attacked for way too long or longer then nessasary(?) like Snape. Finally I can be such a know-it-all like Hermione. People have actually made fun of me for it.

MS/GS: Esme Cullen. She has like no flaws just like the other characters in Twilight, and she had potential to be a pretty good character if she was talked about more. Though I guess she loved Carisle(?) for way too long...
Больше года xDark_Angelx said…
1. I can really bossy (Hermione of "Harry Potter", of course!)
2. I'm very self conscious and very shy (Mena Reece of "Evolution, Me, and the Other Freaks of Nature")
3. I say and do some things that make people think I'm weird (Luna of "Harry Potter")

Hermione can be pretty bossy, but she's a character that any girly can relate to. She has a heart, and she cares, even when snapping at Ron to do his own homework. :) Mena is also very sweet, and she admits she makes mistakes, but she always tries to fix them. She's the kind of person who can't really defend herself (although with the situation in the book, I couldn't blame her!), but she loves the few friends she has. Luna is pretty weird altogether, but she's a very lovable character, as well as funny. She is also helpful and kind. I can't imagine her yelling or being very sad because she's usually happy, or just has a blank expression but is still elated.

MarySue/Gary Stu
Carlisle Cullen. Like the other vampires, he has no flaws. He's one of my favorite Twilight vampires (yet that's not saying much), but still, he's perfect. He does things so perfectly, and he hardly sounds like he's timid or anything. He's the fatherly figure in the book, but rarely, is he VERY bossy. Just calmly demanding someone to do something when something bad happens.