– In the film, Harry begins to take private tutoring lessons with Dumbledore, who shows him various memories of young Voldemort.
– Romance is a theme of the movie, with Harry drawn to Ginny Weasley and Ron attraction the attention of Lavender Brown.
– Jessie Cave, who plays Lavender Brown, beat еще than 7,000 girls to win the role. It is her first major film role.
– Robert Knox, who plays Marcus Belby, was stabbed to death days after filming wrapped.
-Stars of the film are set to wear white ribbons to the premiere in honour of Knox.
– Hero Fiennes-Tiffin plays the young Voldemort/Tom Riddle. He is the nephew of Ralph Fiennes, who plays adult Voldemort/Tom Riddle.
– While David Yates insisted Fiennes-Tiffin did not get the role because of his uncle, he admitted the family resemblance was "a clincher".
– The new film marks the fifth and sixth actors to play Voldemort – In the Philosopher's Stone, he was played by Richard Bremmer and Ian Hart; Chamber of Secrets he was portrayed by Christian Coulson; Ralph Fiennes plays the adult Voldemort, and Hero Fiennes-Tiffin and Frank Dillane play young and teen Voldemort in the new film.
– Christian Coulson had expressed an interest in return, but Yates said, at aged 30, he was too old to be playing the role.
– JK Rowling read through the script for the film finding a line where Dumbledore mentioned a girl he had a crush on when younger. After Чтение it, she informed the filmmakers Dumbledore was gay. The information was later made public.
– According to Radcliffe, Sir Michael Gambon began "camping it up" on the set of the film when Dumbledore was outed by Rowling.
– Guillermo Del Toro reportedly turned down the chance to direct the film so he could work on Hellboy II: The Golden Army.
– A full game of Quidditch returns – there has not been a full game in the films since the секунда film Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
– Daniel Radcliffe сказал(-а) the Quidditch was the worst thing about making the movies.
– Dame Maggie Smith completed filming whilst undergoing treatment for breast cancer.
– Jim Broadbent debuts in the film as Dumbledore's old friend Horace Slughorn.
– Broadbent arrived at the Potter set fresh from filming Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
– Both he and Warwick Davis have appeared in the Potter franchise as well as the Chronicles of Narnia. Davis plays Professor Flitwick in potter and Nikabrik in Prince Caspian.
– There are a number of changes from the book – the climactic battle has been removed in order to avoid repetition with the forthcoming Deathly Hallows films.
– The collapse of a Muggle bridge briefly mentioned in the book serves as the film's opening sequence.
– The book sold nine million copies in the first 24 hours after its release, a record eventually broken by its sequel.
– The last four Книги have consecutively set records as the fastest-selling Книги in history.
– It was translated into 67 different languages, with a Scots Gaelic version planned for this month.
– Along with merchandise, the Harry Potter brand is worth an estimated £7 billion
– In May 2005, British bookmakers suspended bets on which main character would die amid fears of insider knowledge. A number of high bets were made on Dumbledore, particularly from the town of Bungay in Suffolk, where the book was supposedly printed.
– Rupert Grint, who plays Ron Weasley, recently admitted to having a crush on Emma Watson, who plays Hermione Granger.
– The film was originally due for release last November but was bumped to July to take advantage of an open summer weekend.
– It had been chosen to be screen at the 2008 Royal Film Performance on November 17 but was not shown.
– Its release will be over the equivalent weekend The Dark Knight was released. It made almost $500 million.
– Warner Bros. studio executives received hate mail and death threats because of the decision to postpone it.
– Test screenings in March left Фаны feeling flat, as they argued it contained "pointless" scenes and missed out many crucial characters and plot lines.
– Daniel Radcliffe compared the sixth Hogwarts instalment to Scottish drug movie Trainspotting, arguing: "there's a fair amount of sexual energy and there are some drug parallels."
– Sir Michael Gambon, who plays Dumbledore, became a father last месяц aged 68.
– The first five films became the highest grossing film series of all time when not adjusted for inflation, with $4.48 billion in worldwide receipts, although this has since been overtaken by the James Bond franchise.
– Filming took place at the Лондон Millennium Bridge in March 2008.
– At 153 минуты (2 hours 33 минуты and 19 seconds) long, it is the third longest of the series so far, coming behind Chamber of Secrets (161) and Goblet of огонь (157).
– The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – the franchise's first theme park, will be opened in 2010, as part of Universal's Island of Adventure in Orlando, Florida.
– As well as Radcliffe, Grint and Watson, other actors to appear in every film include Robbie Coltrane (Hagrid), Maggie Smitth, (McGonagall), Alan Rickman (Snape), Jamie Waylett (Crabbe), Devon Murray (Seamus), Joshua Herdman (Goyle), Matthew Lewis (Neville), Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy), Alfred Enoch (Dean Thomas), James Phelps (Fred Weasley), Oliver Phelps (George Weasley) and Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley).
– They may be sworn enemies in the series, but Radcliffe counts Felton (Malfoy) as one of his really good friends.
– Helena Bonham Carter, who plays Bellatrix Lestrange, appeared in Sweeney Todd with Alan Rickman (Snape) and Timothy Spall (Wormtail).
– Jamie Campbell Bower, who appeared in Sweeney Todd, had hoped to get cast for Half-Blood Prince but instead appears in the Deathly Hallows as the young Gellert Grindelwald.
– Rickman, Spall and Bonham Carter are all set to appear in Tim Burton's forthcoming Alice in Wonderland.
– Bonham Carter and Ralph Fiennes (Voldemort) both provided voices in Wallace & Gromit in the The Curse of the Were-Rabbit. Bonham Carter voiced Lady Campanula Tottington and Fiennes Victor Quartermaine.
– Fiennes performed alongside Jim Broadbent in 1998's The Avengers.
– Rupert Grint starred in 2006 British comedy drama Driving Lessons, focusing on his relationship with Julie Walters. Walters plays Grint's mother Molly Weasley in the Potter films.
– Dame Maggie Smith and Sir Michael Gambon starred together in Gosford Park.
– Score for the film was composed by Nicholas Hooper for the секунда time, following John Williams who scored the first three and Patrick Doyle who did the fourth.
– Filming took place in Fort William, Scotland; Lacock Abbey, Wiltshire and Gloucester Cathedral.