Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Too Violent???

xxKittyCatxx posted on May 30, 2010 at 02:38AM
I found this i think sometime...last year????? or the year before or this year something like that, and i found it again today and i want to point out how stupid this argument is.
link
Higurashi isn't MEANT for little kids and if parents ignore the rating on the DVD that's THEIR problem, not the anime industry's. They actually put warnings and stuff and i seriously doubt the DVD will say something like, "A boy named Keiichi meets and bunch of kids at a new school in a new town and they are happy friends forever!!!!" I'm sure, parents will say, "Hey, this DVD is a muder mystery rated 16+!!!! it says something about paranoia and killing people but let's just buy it and show it to our below 16 kids!!!!"
How dumb. Like there aren't worse shows/movie here in the US or in other places.
Even if it didn't have a description, parents should pay attention to the ratings. and the title???? Like parents will actually buy and let their kids watch something called "When They Cry" written with blood and rated M!!!!!

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni 7 Ответы

Click here to write a response...
Больше года ElloToL said…
monkey
Well, I do think it should be marketed to older people and, yeah, maybe the character designs are a little decieving as to what the series actually is about but I don't think it's that big of a deal. It's not like kids are going to start murdering people with bats and stabbing one another. There are much, much worse American movies that kids watch. I was 12 when I started watching Higurashi and I am not in the least mentally disturbed by it. Not too violent. Besides, it's more that just gore. It makes you think too.
Больше года xxKittyCatxx said…
i agree!!!!
Больше года LimeLavender said…
cool
You are right, adults should pay more attention to what they give their kids. But also keep in mind that Higurashi isn't all gore and violence. Behind that blood covered hatchet/taser/baseball bat/knife etc., there's an extremely well-thought out plot, which does not intend to have you scared to death at night (some horror movies made had me so creeped). Higurashi is more phycological than horror, and focuse on the REASON to why the killer brutally murder their victim rather than the WAY the victim was killed... such as disemberbment... *shudder*
All in all, I'd say the only things young'uns need to watch out for is the blood, and possibly wacked Shion.... She is so damned creepy... o.o What do you think?
Больше года yamiXyugi said…
hmmm
yeah i agree...but im 13 so i hope my parents dont read this... and i love this sereis, at least what i could find of it...e.e i think my brain is either really mature for my age or i have just already been desensitized but these types of shows really dont bother me...
Больше года Girl_U_Dontno said…
I am 11 [now 12] years old. I love this anime. And don't think it's too bloody at all.
last edited Больше года
Больше года KenshinHimura said…
i do think that u should pay attention to what u are buying but i am 12 and mature for my age and i love this anime/manga i do agree it just depends on how mature u are if u are younger then 16
Больше года Thirteenth said…
Holy fucking shit! What the fuck is this?!