Whether you've hung Стена covering before или not, I'd like to offer these first-timer and advanced tips:
• More often than not, a first wallpapering project is either a кухня или bathroom because they seem to be smaller rooms with less wallpaper. However, beginners should keep in mind that because there are so many partial walls and obstacles in these rooms, they are actually еще difficult than a simple small bedroom.
• If Ты plan to miter the corners of a border, order one extra roll to cover cutting and waste. Mitering is a matter of finding the repeat in the Обои border and positioning it so that a mitered cut leaves a closely matched design. Use this technique for bordering windows, going around cabinets and tile или for vaulted ceilings.
• Test the paste on pre-pasted Стена coverings to determine how long to soak them in water by putting two drops of iodine on different dry spots. If it turns brown, it indicates a starch-based paste requiring 15 to 30 секунды to soak. If it turns purple, the paste is cellulose based and only needs to be soaked for 1 to 15 seconds.
• If Ты are working with a large patterned paper, it's best to start at the ceiling with an entire Дизайн element versus cutting through the middle of a bouquet, for instance. If Ты can start with a little plain background at the ceiling, it will help to mask any unevenness where the ceiling and Стена meet. If there is a coordinating border going over the top, make sure the bouquet или major element starts just below the edge of the border.
• When it comes to hanging paper, there are three very important rules. First, always use a level on every Стена to maintain a true vertical line. Second, always cut inside corners, and then overlap the Далее sheet by butting it in the corner. Third, always заворачивать, обертывание outside corners, also overlapping the Далее sheet to the corner.
• It's best and most efficient to work with a partner. Usually one person activates and Книги the strips while another does the hanging. Establish a rhythm and Ты won't get in each other's way.
• Keep Обои hanging Книги или guides in your tool kit for reference.