Huddy Huddy new chemistry....It isn't over until is over

Beatrix8520 posted on Feb 09, 2010 at 06:50PM
Ok so just to make some order here....I thought Belle's post was too long already and we have said we have strated a new one after 5 to 9, so here we are. Just go. Thoughts, opinions, feelings about Huddy as it looks like after this ep...

Huddy 345 Ответы

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 51-100 of 345

Больше года Beatrix8520 said…
wink
You got me BH! XD Why can't House plot turn out to be a little bit like mine and a little bit like Belle's? I loved her Huddex scene XD Fingers crossed!

Yeah Belle I agree "that" could help Cuddy feeling less responsible for him. BTW as I said, I believe House has no idea how much Cuddy was and still is into him. Reverse, I don't think Cuddy has the slightest idea of how House feels about it.
Think about it: he had never said anything specific to her. "You do make me feel funny" is not a plain declaration of love and the simple fact he asked her out twice during the most torturing ep ever this season, doens't proof anything before her eyes but that he is partially always his usual stubborn self. I think Cuddy got the impression he was just trying to win her off because he was just pissed off at Lucas as he always got "jelous" when sb stole his toys in the past...I don't know if I am expressing myself crearly enough here, you get what I mean?

Anyway I think the key between the two of them is honesty as BH said. I like games and I'd like to see Cuddy a little bit jelous so that House could realize that, which would cheer him up and make his smug self I love so much show up XD
But I also think the best and only logical thing which should happen between them is a moment of honesty....but it's Huddy we are talking about so we know they won't get there pain-free. It's gonna be a torturing, painful, stressing, compelling, breathtaking and twisting process, but I am positive when Huddy happen, it would be epic ;)
Больше года bluehue said…
smile
Belle..I finally backtracked and discovered your Huddsex flow chart. That's a good chain of events! I love the part where Rachel cries when House leaves..ahhh. This is off track, but It got me reminiscing about past House/Kid scenes. It's amazing how many there are. I particularly like how House talks to kids like adults..it cracks me up, & makes perfect sense. He's not the coochie-coo type of guy. Especially the scene where little sick girl asks for a french fry, or the time he fake whistled while making a pathetic looking balloon animal. "That's not a dog!"

Your point, as Bea also suggests...about Cuddy feeling less stressed, (credit Lydia) to live up to being "savior" is a solid valid point. I just watched Known Unknowns again too, and that line comes up at the hotel table scene, so yes, the fact that she told Lucas is quite well..telling. Good catch!

Somehow I imagine the Huddsex scene to catch the two of them by total surprise & therefore we will all be vicariously surprised as well. (I'm thinking on it...).
last edited Больше года
Больше года Delia_Beatrice said…
Happy to see this goes on and on and on:))

On Lydia: i bet you guys never thought you'd hear me say it, but i'd like her to come back!!!!! I would like her to come back, but not out of her sexual or romantic interest in House. I'd like her to ask for his help - a sick family member, perhaps even a child (whom House would save, i don't mean any harm to a child, for God's sake!!!). Lydia would be there in the hospital and House would be supportive, understanding and very close to her, in a way nobody ever saw him before, and a bewildered Cuddy would realize that he is actually capable of true emotional comittment and compassion. She would be a little jealous at first, but then she would understand and try to help him, and then in the end the patient and Lydia go back home, very emotional BUT non-romantic good-bye + thank you scene, and Cuddy is left contemplating the incredible, fantastic and very tempting truth, that House is indeed capable of something real and complete.

On the future of Huddy: well, first of all, i fully agree with Beatrix, i think a moment of truth is required. I mean, they don't KNOW ("know" with the intonation Cameron used in "Under My Skin"). Neither of them knows. It was all games, games again and again,
and from the midst of the games there came shining the moments of honesty and genuine emotional connection - but these were all very dramatic ones, in which they were there for each other in the process of helping each other in a difficult situation, and not face to face, together, addressing the issue of THEM and their relationship. So yeah, i want the masks down. I want the facade blown apart and i want them fully facing their feelings and their connection. "Remorse" and "5 to 9" made me feel VERY optimistic about this approach. House seems to be coming closer and closer to being more open and caring around her, and i somehow doubt that she can put up much of a fight if she becomes convinced of his feelings.

And now on the sex: well, i feel like a reenactment of the Stacy situation is far beneath the true meaning and depth of Huddy. I LOVE the fact that House stopped chasing Cuddy in an open manner. I do not want to see him chasing another man's woman (well, pardon the phrase:) again. I feel like this is far too humiliating for this sensational man.
So i don't want them to have sex while she's still with Lucas - i mean, if she breaks up with Lucas right after it, then it's ok. But if they play the old card of her not being able to make up her mind and playing back and forth between House and Lucas, then NO. NO. No. No. I don't want to watch Huddy sex that means less than we know it should mean. If she knows how he feels about her, then i will not be able to stand a single second of Cuddy not being able to decide between House and Lucas. Choosing between them like they are equals - come on, it's a bad joke...
Call me the hopeless romantic, but i feel like a relationship of such depth and intensity should be, at loooooooong last, celebrated by meaningful sex. Yeap, cheesy love making (!), in the sense that i feel like sex should come after the expression and acknowledgment of feelings. They have been playing hide and seek for twenty goddamn years. We witnessed them being madly in love with each other for AT LEAST three or four seasons. To watch them having sex, but avoiding to give meaning to it or not sure what the meaning is - that would feel like crap.

smile
Yes DB I think you have knocked us all down of our seats with that Lydia scenario XD
BTW I love it! Much more than mine franlky. It's much more Housian somehow and as you observes, it would provide a interesting situation whose perspective would allow Cuddy to realize something crucial. Great thought!:D

On to the sex, I am 200% with you. I din't mean sex should happen between them as just a passionate and instinctive act. Neither I would like them to get back to play hide and sick, with Cuddy unable to make up her mind. I was just suggesting it would be much more shocking if Cuddy and House gave in to each other, unexpectedly, before she could actually have time to break up with Lucas, had a sensational night of love-making, then Cuddy dumped Lucas before telling House she is planning to do so, House relized she had choose them just in time!! XD

Somehow I feel even after a true moment of truth, "expression and acknowledgment of feelings" these two would never be able to be totally honest one with each other. According with their charcaters' type this is gonna take time, I mean...to adjust to be so open up one with each other. So I guess even after their feelings being out there, even after having had a woderful love-making night....they'll be always House and Cuddy, which is IMO the most interesting thing about their relationship. It is never gonna be simple: the process has been and will keep being a struggle between their true feelings and their inability (both) to open up always and completely to someone else.

Больше года Belle0308 said…
@DB "On the future of Huddy: well, first of all, i fully agree with Beatrix, i think a moment of truth is required. I mean, they don't KNOW ("know" with the intonation Cameron used in "Under My Skin"). Neither of them knows. It was all games, games again and again,
and from the midst of the games there came shining the moments of honesty and genuine emotional connection - but these were all very dramatic ones, in which they were there for each other in the process of helping each other in a difficult situation, and not face to face, together, addressing the issue of THEM and their relationship. So yeah, i want the masks down. I want the facade blown apart and i want them fully facing their feelings and their connection. "Remorse" and "5 to 9" made me feel VERY optimistic about this approach. House seems to be coming closer and closer to being more open and caring around her, and i somehow doubt that she can put up much of a fight if she becomes convinced of his feelings."
One of the issues will always be that we know more about what they feel for each other than they do. I think this is why it is so frustrating to the Huddy fans.

DB you make a lot of great points. I am not sure how they will go. I woke up this morning thinking that when they have been single they haven't gotten together, how ironic if they get together when they are both with someone. It would be like a safety net.
@Bea..
"they'll be always House and Cuddy, which is IMO the most interesting thing about their relationship. It is never gonna be simple"
VERY TRUE STATEMENT!!
Больше года LipschitzWrath said…
*****CAUTION: Spoiler Alert*****

What do you guys think about this new spoiler? You know the one - says House is gonna be with another chick in episode 20, Cuddy confronts him, etc, etc...
hmmm
Where's the source LW? XD Share the link please LW! I am already losing my mind here XD Who said it? Ausiello? Others? Is it reliable? What does confrontation mean? I remember a spoiler saying House and Cuddy would be fighting about some photos a few months ago....it turned out it was a pretty lame fight...so it could mean anything and nothing as well :P
wink
OK LW Sorry! I dind't see the thread with millions of comments :P
I pretty much agree with what you, Belle, DB and Hilly said there.
Three main reasons I don't see the point in being so dramatic:

1) It sounds too much detailed to be a House spoiler. A mole? I doubt it. Even if the half of it was truth, there are still so many variables I see no reason to panic like the title is aimed to make you do... I believe it's the teenth attempt of a bored fan to catch attention and spread unmotivated panic around.

2)The source: where is it? A forum? Come on! Doesn't mean anything...who said that? Who's he/her? What is he/she? A psychic?

3)I see no contraddition with DS's last statement. House and Cuddy will get together eventually...big news! Obviously he just wanted to keep us watching, or better said, he wanted to help the tired fans to leave the show. I am not so tired after all....I can still wait for them to get together as long as the arc makes sense to me I am ok. Apparently House will be having sex with someone else...so? What's the big deal? It was time for god's sake! Let's see how it goes, maybe Cuddy will get jelous, maybe he will be thinking about giving up on her....so? They'll get together eventually...we know that. We know the show style, we know it's not an ideal universe but a screwed up one. We have known all along it would be complicated and suffering and torturing and annoying sometimes to ship the Huddy ballad, but here we are anyway.

Remember: you don't choose what to love. You're chosen. ;)

May your Huddy faith be with you XD
^^^^^Agreed.

Like I said, even if it is true, I don't have a problem with it. House with another chick? Big deal. Even if he is having sex, what's wrong with that? For god's sake, we had to watch Lucas and Cuddy go at it (even if it was only for a very humorous 2 minutes). Cuddy's in a relationship and she herself told House that there is no "us", so why shouldn't House be able to move on?

Like I said, maybe it'll make Cuddy jealous and startle her into action. Think about a real-life situation. Hopefully I'm not alone on this one, but a lot of times I don't really find a girl interesting but then when I find out she is about to be taken, I am suddenly super-attracted to her. "You always want what you can't have". It's basic human psychology.

I just hope this chick that House is with doesn't turn out to be a hooker or something lame like that...
last edited Больше года
Больше года Jessicatt said…
cool
^ I agree 100%. I doubt the validity of this new "spoiler", but even if it is true, so what?? It doesn't mean that Huddy will never happen, it just means that House is trying to move on. I think he's entitled to do so, since Cuddy is in a relationship with Lucas. I've felt sorry for House all season, so I don't see anything wrong with him trying to be happy with someone else. Maybe Cuddy will snap out of it, and finally see that House is trying to change. DS said that Huddy would happen eventually, so I don't think there's anything to worry about. Despite Cuddy's attempt at a relationship with Lucas, and House's supposed attempt at a relationship with another woman, we all know who they REALLY love and belong with. =)
The whole thing is seriously freakish. I mean, why exactly is Cuddy still with Lucas? I think it is because she IS so busy at work she doesn't even have the energy to look at her personal life and see the deep chasm as House says between what is and what can be. I am still up in the air really with whether or House has actually told her he wants her in a way I would deem appropriate. For one, he told her he WAS going to come looking for her after their one night stand. Ok, so that is great..20 YEARS LATER! That is like going to your High School 20 year reunion and having someone tell you, "I was going to ask you to prom". What was he suggesting she do about it now? It was wonderful for him to actually go that far, but with House it's like baby steps are giant steps to the rest of us.
Next, he went to Lucas and PRETENDED to be drunk and told him he loved her in an effort to break them up. How exactly would she know if that was manipulation or for real since it was indirect and could well have just been House messing with her life?

I still stand with the theory that we all know more by far than they do which is why we walk around frustrated and occasionally want to beat on them with something to make them see what we all see clearly.
I refuse to panic because frankly, after the pain of the season 5 finale, what do we honestly expect?
BTW...@ Bea "Yeah Belle I agree "that" could help Cuddy feeling less responsible for him. BTW as I said, I believe House has no idea how much Cuddy was and still is into him. Reverse, I don't think Cuddy has the slightest idea of how House feels about it.
Think about it: he had never said anything specific to her. "You do make me feel funny" is not a plain declaration of love and the simple fact he asked her out twice during the most torturing ep ever this season, doens't proof anything before her eyes but that he is partially always his usual stubborn self. I think Cuddy got the impression he was just trying to win her off because he was just pissed off at Lucas as he always got "jelous" when sb stole his toys in the past...I don't know if I am expressing myself crearly enough here, you get what I mean?"

I TOTALLY get it. We are saying pretty much the same things as usual. I agree ; )
Yeah, it's hard to tell what we do and don't know compared to the characters on the show. Obviously, we get to see everything. A perfect example would be the desk/hooker thing. To our knowledge, House doesn't know whether or not Cuddy even liked the desk, and it's also relatively clear that House didn't see her come up to his office or see him with the hooker. For sure, it's interesting trying to figure out what they do and don't know compared to us.

I took a studies in film course in high school and one thing we were talk is that directors tend to make the important stuff pretty obvious. Whether it be through repetition or making things the center if the viewers' attention, they tend to play up important pieces of the story, or at least THEIR story. Bear in mind that we have like a half-dozen different writers for the show, so their interests are probably not always completely aligned.

That is not to say that minute details are not important. Some directors (like the Coen bros.) are famous for their use of tiny little "easter egg-ish" hints that are dropped all throughout their movies. Those are the kind of movies where you notice something that makes you go, "OOOOOOHHHHHHHH, NOW I get it!" even after watching it for the umpteenth time. However, on something as wildly popular and mainstream as "House", I'm not sure how much of these little details they would have. Not to mention that since it is a primetime show, they only have 40 minutes per episode. Camera time is precious, so they tend to not film something unless it is relevant to the story/point.

Lastly, the final thing that my studies in film course taught me is that it is VVVEEERRRYYY easy for people to over-analyze movies/TV shows. Sometimes there just isn't a deeper meaning to why Cuddy was wearing a blue top in 5x24 (for example). And when people discover something that isn't really there and try to run with it, they tend to get disappointed.

Of course, several people might argue that my studies in film course was nothing but an excuse for a lazy teacher to sit around and watch movies with students for an hour every day...
No way LW, you are so fortunate, learning critical thinking skills makes you understand your world and appreciate the artist's talent & intent. I've had the “pleasure” of surviving 6 years of art school..where getting "raked over the coals" (analysis) is a happy bloodsport. However, without some skills, you truly end up with clueless, lazy people (minds) out there. (See Ausiello's comment section!) Also, for example, & this is literally true, saying things like "Teenage Mutant NInja Turtles was a better film than Casablanca,” I read that from a "reviewer" in a recent blurb discussing movie classics. (For the fun of it..let's ask Belle if Dumb&Dumber is a better film than GWTW?!..hmmm, wonder, wonder what she'd say). I'd love to see the Coen Brothers direct a House epi..(kidding). Though, if you read between the lines around here, (spoiler wars) I do see a PTA's "There Will Be Blood" sentiment if House & Cuddy never end up together.

You are so correct about over analysis...it probably is amusing to the creators & writers, b/c inevitably, the viewers can spend countless hours picking apart something that was placed for say...merely visual reasons..the blue top looked good against the backdrop, etc. I know we look for things to confirm our own wants and desires..when they are not really there at all. That's okay, if we can adjust our thinking when facts are known, and let go of fantasy. I liked what LE said, (I forget the context), "Alot of people have to spend alot of time recovering from make believe."

And lastly for me as well, I have come to believe that what D.Shore mentioned in that recent spoiler will ring most true & loudly at the end of the series..that "House and Cuddy are two very flawed people"...however those flaws are also what makes them who they are. The question is, will they ultimatley embrace one another, flaws and all.
last edited Больше года
smile
I took a course like yours back in Italy and now I am taking another one here in Spain LW and you're absolutely right: people often tend to overanalyze character and situations, seeing more than it's really there. Anyway I think our little creek is doing a pretty good job here :D trying to avoid the risk, by taking into account, as you had done yourself, many factors that can influnce characters' development and psychology.
For example, as you rightly observes, the making of a TV-show involves different writers which can cause each ep to have a different style and focusing on different things, although there's always a project behind each line the characters deliver. I think this is mostly true for a show such House as we all know already.

I also agree with Belle's view. I had thought it myself plenty of times and I think what they are doing becomes pretty obvious if we get a closer look at the plot: this is just the usual development of every love story...he likes her, she likes him...they fight, they kiss....ergo the fans now are positive they like each other very much....he denies he loves her....she denies she loves him....in our cas, Huddy ballad for a while, then BANG allucination: i.e. we know FOR SURE he loves her. She still don't know how her feels about her....he knows for sure know he loves her.....she moves on getting with another man.
Resume: we know they love each other, BUT she has no idea he loves her and he has no idea she had loved and still loves him.

Every tv product require frustated viewers: this is just as it had to work in order to make the story compelling. Viewers MUST know more about the characters' true feelings than the characters themselves, just because, if this frustates the fans, at the same time, it gives you the feeling you can somehow forseen what is going to happen, which gives you a sensation of power as if you were participating in a game where you know the next move
of your opponent. Are you following me? XD It's classic script strategy.

Obviously when it comes to House, this is pretty impossible...I mean the prediction....although Belle and BH made some pretty bold calls lately ;)
smile
Ahhh..again with the one-two post!
Oh yea..I remember you said you were going to watch a "Bones" epi for school..ha..can you request a House ep?
Bea, I very much liked your line about "it gives you the feeling you can somehow forsee what is going to happen, which gives you a sensation of power as if you were participating in a game where you know the next move." I follow you & yes, that fact can add to the frustration as I think you or Belle suggested. I know I tend to over analyze & then have to adjust my thinking later. Hearing things from the creator's perspective is always the most eye opening to me..to know or understand where they are coming from is just so helpful in answering our questions.

P.S. Bea..It finally hit me, I think you meant "Our little pool." (.."our little creek".threw me for a circle, ha..I mean loop...laughing WITH you sweetie).
last edited Больше года
laugh
LOL! Well I thought creek could be used that way, couldn't it? LOL! I messed up so often with words and expressions....XD. I can be quite entertaining, can't I? :D
laugh
Well..in your case, we will always make an exception, & yes..I'm easily entertained by this. LOL.

We do not use "creek" that way..however, here is one for you that does, and this is a very common expression - my mom said it all the time..
"Up the creek without a paddle." Meaning..something like..you are headed for certain disaster, doom or failure, because you are not prepared.
last edited Больше года
@LW I go with your theory that the characters are over analyzed. I am sure that we do that here a lot, but I also think it is fun to discuss things we see from our perspective and how those views different. BTW, I went to a performing arts school as a drama major and also took drama in college so I know what you are talking about with the film classes. The theories are that the average TV show is geared to a junior high school level of intelligence and depth. Apparently some studies somewhere say that is the level to which most tv watchers are able to follow a story. I am going out on a limb to say that I believe that the House audience is a little above the average. One of the reasons I like House as a show is because it typically isn’t very predictable. Guessing what could happen is half the fun.

I will also think that because we have a variety of writers on this show, I would say there is also some healthy competition and desire to set oneself apart. Because of this I think we end up with a better and more diverse show than one where the same staff writers sit in a room week after week and aren’t challenged to do better.

@BH…lol!! GWTW vs. Dumb and Dumber. I am not even sure where to begin. I admit I laughed at Dumb and Dumber, but I own GWTW on blue ray and I do not own D&D. Why someone would argue that is in my opinion because they like to take the opposing view whenever possible. Pretty insane though, now matter how you look at it.

I like that Lisa quote as well. I admit that I took a while to recover from last season’s finale. I just bought into it too much and I should have known better.

@Bea (Hi Lady!) One thing that just came to me was that as we know things that the main characters don’t, they also know things we don’t. So the revealing on both sides is always interesting to watch. There are indeed formulas for what TPTB will and won’t do on a show. The variables are in how they push the envelope and how the scoot in and out and around those formulas.
I have no clue what will happen and I am trying to have fun guessing but being totally aware that I will more than likely be miles off of the truth. My Mom has always said that she has a hard time enjoying a show or movie if she doesn’t identify even a little with the main characters.

WOW is the next new episode a long way off!

@Bea, did you post your last chapter of your FF? I am going to go look for it on here. I haven’t commented on it yet, only to you XD

Hi ladies and getlemen! Good...ehm....morning/evening? I dont' know....this jet leg thing is starting driving me crazy XD Where's LW from BTW?
Anyway thanks so much for your comment on my Huddy finale Belle! I replied you there, but it was like 4.30 in the morning here when I read your post and as you can imagine I was quite sleepy :P so I really don't know what I have done XD....I am going to check up my phrasing: I am quite skeptical it's barely comprehensible XD

BTW the next ep is a loooooong way off! I am not sure I'll cope :P
I could be in the mood for one of BH's little funny scenes XD
I like her humor so much....she always makes me laugh my ass off :D

I was thinking, how come we never happen to watch Hugh giving an interview? Lisa is everywhere! And the Ausiello's double interview we had been promised? I want to hear the man :(...or both them together woudl be wonderful as well. BTW have you seen Lisa the other night? What a dress! She is some beauty, isn't she? Talk about identification.....I think I have a crush on her too XD

Thanks for the explaination BH...but now you have to explain me what the fuck the fucking title of Dawson's creek mean? XD We Italians have always thought it meant something like Dawson's loop/group or whatever...These things can be misguiding you know XD
I liked the esxpression with the paddle LOL! I can easily picture it in my mind....with me in the middle LOL! I just love English figurative speach XD
last edited Больше года
heart
That's really awesome Belle, you were a drama major, you must have a little of the "acting bug", and or a whole lot of nerve. That is something I could never ever do in a million years..too scary.

Eh eh..Bea..our different time zones do keep comments bouncing all over the place..somehow this "ping pong" system works out okay.

About 1 of your questions..I’m wondering if the reason why we don’t hear too much from HL is b/c he strongly dislikes spoilers, so maybe he avoids these interviews while in production. I notice LE always has to back off prying questions by saying, ”THEY don’t tell me anything!” That must get tiring.

Bea...
I have not seen Dawson’s Creek..but I know that the show’s name only refers to the geographical place where Dawson’s girl friend lives..up the creek from Dawson’s house. It does not mean a group. It’s just like saying “Bea’s Street.”
Also, I see now that you meant “loop” yesterday. A creek is like a small stream, so I was grasping for a “water” reference. Wrong! Just so you know, our group here is not a pool or a creek. You are right though to say that we are in the same loop, that is we share similar views here in “The Huddy Loop,” so to speak.

Yeah, “for better or worse”, I guess our little loop just keeps going around & around, or as Delia said up there, "on & on & on."..while we wait an eternity for a new epi ! So, we have time for these english lessons, why it’s like our own international cultural exchange. Maybe I'll try to cook up a new mini-scene to amuse ourselves next week...or bore you to tears. (Okay..well, here is one highly plausible S6 finale scene..hmmmm..I can imagine a House-Cuddy blinding blizzard of passion snowball fight that starts in the hospital parking lot, (following your Huddy Finale winter storm)...anyhoo, House is trying to get Cuddy’s attention and by sheer luck throws & lands a snowball..Splat! right between her voluptuous bosom..she yelps like a puppy from the frozen chunks dripping down inside her blouse..House quickly hops over and reaches in there to “help” fish out the snow..making her screech & scream even louder..Cuddy in mittens grabs a handful of snow and plunges it down his pants..they both start laughing so hard, fall and roll down a little hill..forming into a HUGE snowball..we only see their arms & legs sticking out..The End..Ice Age never melts...till next season)..sorry bea, just trying to put this cold spell to some ridiculous good use. Happy weekend to all.

heart
LOL! Wonderful BH! I am still laughing so hard. So sweet somehow these scene of yours =,) I doubt we'll ever gonna see sth that sweet and intimate between the two of them, but it's nice to imagine Huddy will have these kind of moments WHEN they end up together....if they do....eventually....let's hope...just cross our damn fingers XD
I just finished watching GWTW again…MAN, that movie makes me cry. The timing they have reminds me of my other favorite couple. The scene when he comes back with Bonnie and she is happy to see him and he is all cold to her and then he finds out she is pregnant and she is all cold to him and then she falls down the stairs and he falls to pieces and then she is calling him …and no one tells him she is. WOW! Let’s HOPE that House and Cuddy catch a few more breaks than him.

@Bea FUNNY that you should happen to mention a Hugh interview and then one comes out today. Apparently women are throwing themselves at him left and right…go figure and he might stay in LA when the show is done…but they point out that he is contracted through season 8. Also, he claims that Jo comes to visit him a lot…(whatever). Maybe that is happening but it doesn’t appear so. Of course they never ask him about Lisa. What would he say anyway? “Umm…she is the hottest thing ever and I can hardly handle it when I am in a scene with her.”…LOL!! That would be hysterical.
(YES…I am a dreamer)

@BH My first love was stage acting. I really, really wanted to be a stage actress. I went to a High School where I studied theatre and took drama for two hours a day for 2 ½ years. We also did a ton of productions of various sizes throughout the year. I also took some in college but I was in the position of having to make money to live. I took a full time job and decided I might get around to acting eventually…but I didn’t. In truth, I was never uncomfortable on stage. I think it is because I wasn’t me; I was someone else, a character. If I had to play myself, I couldn’t do it.

Your snowball fight is a riot!! I would love to see something like that. Snow down the pants though…OUCH!

BEA…I am so glad we got to talk tonight/this morning…lol. We had so much catching up to do. I always feel so much better. The Olympics were putting me to sleep tonight until you came along.

Good people, have you seem that the title of this already much talked about episode 20 is "The Choice"?... I have posted a new forum topic with the airdates and titles. I have also commented there that i believe that someone found out about the title and speculated to it, thus the spoiler. I still find it impossible to believe that an accurate "House" spoiler would have leaked six episodes in advance, in such little detail, about such a major storyline. I cannot remember a time when anything like this happened.

However, i'll just throw in a few words about it: if this were true, there are a lot of ways in which it could happen - the worst i can think of are two versions: 1. House tells Cuddy he loves her (or tells her he wants a relationship) and she says no, then his pain drives him in someone else's arms. 2.House tries to forget about Cuddy, without telling her anything, and he runs in someone else's arms. Both versions 1 and 2 bother me.

I think it would make sense for House to be more persistent in his redemption. He has made mistakes. He himself feels like he deserves what he is getting, to some extent. He has already analyzed himself deeply, he acknowledged his love and his remorse and he seems to have moved towards a new phase of respect and affection for Cuddy. Well, i'd like him to stay there for a while, guarding her silently, working to develop the new and improved Huddy. If this will lead to him confessing his feelings, that's great. If not, just staying in this phase, building this relationship on renewed friendship, trust, loyalty and tenderness, would be enough for now.

What would NOT be good is an imature escape in another woman's bed, a way to hide from his own heart. What would NOT be good AT ALL is House actually starting to fall for someone else - that would make me question the true intensity and maturity of his feelings for Cuddy.
In fact, i cannot think of a good way to make House want a relationship with someone else. Meaningless "biological imperative" sex, yes, of course, i get it. Angry sex, as a desperate compensation for what he doesn't have with Lisa, i get that too. But a relationship with another woman that raises the question of a CHOICE... That would have to be big. That would have to be real. That would have to mean he has actually moved away from Cuddy emotionally. And i'd hate it.
"What would NOT be good is an imature escape in another woman's bed, a way to hide from his own heart."

Um, this is House we're talking about. "Immature" and "hide from his own heart" are never things we would think of in reference to House, right???

Just saying...
Good morning people! :D Just got up after staying up all night chatting with dear Belle, while waiting for my friend to catch his flight back to Italy XD I had a good six hour sleep which means I have gathered enough energy to be back speculating on my favorite topic ;)

First things first, I had almost the fanpoppian time of my life speculationg tonight with @Belle XD We went back over some crucial, pleasant memories that help us making the point, which is...Huddy have been meant to be all along! :P It's not a big surprise really, isn't it? BUT when you're down in the bumps, which is the usual cronical condition of a Huddy shipper, making a recap can be really you're last hope to not lose it XD I feel so much better too Belle: I am positive sth is gonna happen, I am dread sth not so good is gonna happen but I feel better 'cause I am not the only one delusional enough to hope for the best....

@LW you're right: DB's sentences really ring a bell....but is he House the same man who used to provide himself a hooker when in timees of need? I don't think so. His path has been clearly divert on purpose this season: that has to mean sth in terms of living choices...they do not want us to expect he will behave the same, they want us to believe he is going to be different this time, otherwise I would see no point in the entire arc. It's like 5 to 9...have you ever expected House to act like that with Cuddy? So altruistic and sweeet? He didn't even demand credit, not at all. Once, he would have at least showed up at her door, jeked her around, made fun of her or whatever....he would have found a way to screw it up already and she would have fallen for his sweeteness while ending up disapponted as always at his immature and tactless beahviour. I don't see the same pattern here honestly....

@BD don't get depressed before the time to be like that really comes. We need you here XD You're an esseantial part of our Huddy equipment....please don't give up :)
Besides my little chat with Belle last night was enlightening....I don't know where the hell I was when the last spoiler about House dating another woman and waking up besides someone who's not a hooker came out, but Belle suggested a pretty interesting theory which fits the "magical world of housian spoilers strategy". She was infering maybe the spoiler itself it's not a fake, just an "edited criptic version" of a true one. Maybe the woman, who's not a hooker, is Cuddy herself....think about it. They are telling us House is gonna be dating another woman, then he ends up in bed with a woman who's not a hooker, then Cuddy goes to his office to face him about some sort of choice. I am with Belle on this one (come to think of it...when did it happen I wasn't? XD )....sounds pretty possible they are jerking us around this way.

Obviously these are pure meaningless speculations, just to stay calm and avoid losing our minds over sth which could really be devasted as much as Luddy. Don't gte me wrong, I think the time for House to finally date someone had come a long time ago and I also believe a plot choice like this is supposed to make the things faster....the question remains always the same, though: will they let us enjoy a true fulfilling overjoyed Huddy moment within the end of the season?
last edited Больше года
Больше года HouseHuddyCuddy said…
smile
Hi guys :)
i read some of the things people here wrote (The first page) but i didn't continue... and i have a question, so sorry if someone already wrote/answered it:
did anyone notice that cuddy was a called a "bitch" 3 times in one episode?
Elye (is that how you write it?), Lucus, and that drug employee...
does it meen anything?
sorry for my spelling mistakes... :P
Hi there! I am not sure I have got what you mean by "does it mean anything". I think it means strong, succesful and independet women are often offended by jerks who can't do better than using a sexist comment to give vent to their frustration :( Besides that...I don't see anything more.

I have noticed one thing though. House has never called her that way. Not a single time, which is significative if you ask me: he doens't found her attitude intimidating or annoying, but compelling and charming. He likes her strengh, courage and stubborness more than he could have ever admitted to himself in the past, ergo the satisfied smile in the end of the ep. ;)

Hope this answers to your questions.
LW - well, imature behaviour and hiding from his own heart have always been The Ultimate Housian Ways, but we were all hoping that that had changed a bit... I mean, season six has revealed a whole new dimension of House, his ability to face and do things he could have never faced or done before. In regard to Cuddy, "Remorse" and "5 to 9" (at least) have shown the beginning of a new era, so much better than any previous ones. So yeah, i am hoping nothing too imature and emotionally numb will happen - not for a while, at least, not until she starts realizing the new potential of House and their relationship. Long story short, i hope things don't get screwed up before they even get a chance to begin.

And if this is a serious relationship that he starts with someone, then we'll get what? Parallel universes of Cuddy together with Lucas and House with whomever, or Cuddy breaks up with Lucas and we get season 6 turned around, this time Cuddy hurting over House's new lover? Damn it. How much more could we take?...

Beatrix and Belle. Wow. I mean, WOW. That, my friends, is optimism. Criptic spoiler that refers to Cuddy herself? Bless your hearts, if this could only be true...

On the other hand, i have no idea why i let myself carried away with this spoiler. Truth be told, i very much doubt its accuracy. But i am so scared (like we all are)... One bitten, twice shy, except that us Huddy fans have been bitten lots of times, not just once, so i pretty much fear everything and anything right now...
Bea...because of our talk I am watching "Under My Skin" and "Both Sides Now" at the moment. I decided to live the pain again ... lol. While watching this it occured to me that Chase is really my favorite original duckling. I mean, keeping your dead husbands sperm??...really?? BLECH! Thanks for the tremendous up lift. It reminded me yet again why Huddy fandom is so awesome. Also reminded me to keep my attitude up because there is always a new episode coming up and no need to get upset. The worst part are the long stretches...like summer. : (

As far as these spoilers are going I am going to guess that there is a little truth and a lot more non-truth. As we have established before, lots of spoilers have come out in the past that turned out to be untrue. Also, we have had spoilers that led us to believe one thing and they were something else. As the time moved closer to the spoiler, it made less sense.
The episode in question hasn't even been filmed yet so where would this be coming from?
After things have happened you look at them and think it through and realize that they fit better in the world of House than maybe what I/You/We would have done. This is the reason I am watching two of my least easy to watch episodes today. Trying to follow the more difficult thoughts in the creation of House. Now as I am watching BSN it explains a lot I didn't see the first time because I was only focused on one thing. I focused on the relationship between House and Cuddy instead of their reactions individually which would have explained more.

That is the problem with the spoilers, too much is left to our own imagination which focuses on our greatest hopes and worst fears and then what really happens could be either or a mix or none of the above.

Sidenote..when House gives Cameron the relationship advice it makes so much sense and is so cut and dry and yet, he sadly can't take his own advice.

Sorry about all of the random thoughts but I tend to do that when watching House and posting at the same time.

Bottomline on the spoilers, they could be totally false, partially false or semi-false. In the same way they could be totally true (doubt it), partially true or semi true. I don't think it is reasonable at this point to get too upset.

In BSN, Wilson says this:

"Why is it always reasonable in House land to take an emotional problem and sidestep it by making it an intellectual problem?"
... "Do you want to be the man with the answers or do you want to be the man with Cuddy?"

The implication is that he can't be both. Something so clear cut yet we, as Huddy lovers believe he IS capable of both.
Also, Chase is so the opposite of House in this episode because he deals with the emotional aspects of his relationship with Cameron. Where there is yin, there is yang.

How is all that for over analyzing?

last edited Больше года
wink
Eheh! I must admit I am quite lost Belle it's too late for me to start translating what you've said XD I am doing it tomorrow I promise....

BUT good news is *LOL*, amusingly, our little chat yesterday put me in the mood to rewatch 5 to 9 XD We are some geeks!
All I can still say is...WOW! I have focused on the acting this time and I am really amazed. I mean, I find it hard the first time I watch an ep to focus on every detail at the same time...you know, for a non native speaker it's different, sometimes I don't get the whole sentence, I have to read subtitles when they talk too fast or have to rewatch some parts because I missed sth so I can't really concentrate on facial expressions and body language as you probabily can do. Now that I have watch it all again carefully I can honestly say I couldn't be happier about the way this ep have been shot. The scirpt and the timing of the ep are wonderful: the episode is really breathtaking and emotionally overwhelming....but as far as Huddy is concerned I am getting more and more positive good news are ahead. I don't want to talk too much or jinx it but I have a good feeling this time.
Maybe I am too optimistic but I could swear I have sensed some of the old chemistry in the air. A bit of the old intriguing banter was there too....They way they were eyeing up each other was as natural and instinctive as it used to be once. The way they were asnwering each other back just as sharp as it used too. The nochalance Cuddy touched House's legs to get them off of her desk....I don't know, something about their body language looks like restablishing the connection they used to share once. The car scene was so intimate and confidencial...and Cuddy's smile at House "I figured it may come in handy one day" reminded me of the old good days, when she used to love his attitude rather than being pissed at him.

I may be over analyzing myself, but their acting is so good I am starting thinking there's more in there than we give them credit for...besides, her last look to the camera....what a pircing powerful look this woman has!

As LW has said, maybe this ep has nothing to do with Huddy....but from my perspective a Cuddy centric episode couldn't be Huddy centric as well. How could it? House, Rachel and the hospital, doesn't her life obviously always revolve aorund these three, no matter what?

@Bea "Maybe I am too optimistic but I could swear I have sensed some of the old chemistry in the air. A bit of the old intriguing banter was there too....They way they were eyeing up each other was as natural and instinctive as it used to be once. The way they were asnwering each other back just as sharp as it used too. The nochalance Cuddy touched House's legs to get them off of her desk....I don't know, something about their body language looks like restablishing the connection they used to share once. The car scene was so intimate and confidencial...and Cuddy's smile at House "I figured it may come in handy one day" reminded me of the old good days, when she used to love his attitude rather than being pissed at him."

I totally agree with you. I noticed it more when I rewatched too and the moving the feet thing from her desk, I LOVED!

laugh
Belle you ruined me you know XD I am dying to rewatching the last season two eps now! I have acute Huddy nostalgia XDD Now I am even more eager for the next eps to be aired =)
Muhahahahaha! My evil plan is working!! LOL! It really is awesome watching old episodes. I can't believe how many things I have missed the first several times I have watched it.
Maybe another forum topic, analyzing old episodes (seasons 1 to 5)?
Personally, i have watched each and every "House" episode at least three times. Some of them (the major ones, my personal top ten and almost all of season 5:)))))), i watched at least five times. It would be kind of cool to discuss them, even if i'm afraid of going down on that path before we figure out more of the Huddy future. I did an "All Season Five" marathon in September, for instance, and "Broken" hit me straight in the face - after "Under My Skin" and "Both Sides Now" i would have expected ANYTHING in the universe to happen, BUT House having sex with someone other than Cuddy... So that's the danger of watching and analyzing episodes too much - you get to know the state of Huddy so intimately, that expectations are impossible to avoid, and then the pain is even worse when we get the oh-so-nice "surprises"...
My summer was a non-stop House marathon XD I started in June with season 1 and ended in August with the ice on the cake, season 5 ;) I think it's cool to discuss them now and them but a forum topic....I just don't know if it's a good idea XD As you said, it's higly risky to go down on to that sweet and apparently promising path before we figure out for real waht we are to expect from the second half of this season. Maybe some memories would better stay in the closet for a little longer...but when Huddy happen (oh yeah, I am positive it will happen...eventually XD) you can bet your Huddy ass I'll be in the front line ready to overload this damn spot with so many videos and forum posts and picks, you're gonna need to sedate me ;)
last edited Больше года
surprise
I tend to feel the same way Bea...I only have so much energy to use up in HuddyLand. I am wondering about "what is next?”..yet this season. I’ve been trying to “connect some dots” lately..ridiculous I know - so please forgive me, though somehow, I think that the drug related part of the 5to9 epi could resurface in a BIG way. This is because of the DEA arrest of the creepy crystal-meth woman in pharmacy. Those are extremely serious charges, & I doubt that the tape recorded "flower" confessional alone will suffice in court. Cuddy would possibly have to testify, and that could put her in some form of danger...like say from a car bomb that explodes in the hospital parking lot or something. Yes..just when Huddy is on the verge of happening for real..after they finally have had one lovely night out or sweet something...then BOOM! Cuddy will be injured and have amnesia !! Then we will wonder all Summer if she will remember to love House again..next Season.
laugh
Oh my BH, just breathe ok! XD Just picture your happy place and breathe slowly...in...aaand ooouut. You see? Calm down woman, you're freaking me out! XD Since when you're a chiken like that? ;)

Well I see your point but...what can we do? I mean we can wait for the sky to fall onto our heads or we can enjoy the little we are given hoping for the best. I admit I and Belle tend to be carried away by our Huddy everlasting enthusiasm and faith but I think it's half of the fun. What do we have left we can't enjoy dreaming? Dreams fall into pieces more often than they become true that's a fact....but do you think you'll have more fun expecting always the worse? XD You're quite Housian in your attitude you know...old House at least....I like that of course but would like to drag you along the way to Huddy-madness with me for a while ;)

Besieds no way sth that soapy is gonna happen....isn't it? *panicks* XD

Don't worry too much sweetie....you're making me nervous. Come and stay in my happy place for a while. After last year I am going to panick when the time come. Before that happen, I let my self enjoy the journey, trying not to be sucked in the vortex of the memories (and probably failing at it XD )

laugh
Darn it all Bea..I really needed your comment to snap out of it! Okay..Breathing slowly..thinking Hap Hap Happy Place! I don't know what came over me, except that druggie woman really scared me when she threatened to bring down Cuddy & the hospital..she looked like she meant it. I started feeling worried for Cuddy's safety. Last year it was hallucination that kept Huddy apart..so what will they do this season? Really..isn't hallucination a little soapy too? Amnesia just seems like a plausible next Huddy road block! Remember DS said "eventually" Eventually..after what?!

Also, I should explain that I may be suffering from a little "cabin fever." Bea.."cabin fever" is when you have to stay indoors so long because of the four feet of snow & ice on the ground!! I need sunshine to lift me out of these Winter blues. Until then..I'll try to stay sane..and think Huddy positive. Thanks Bea...happy place..happy place.
last edited Больше года
LOL! Cabin fever.....like Shinining, the movie? Oh my...I am really started being worried XD
You know I am starting feeling a little nervous too thanks to you (thank you so much :P) That damn "eventually" bugs me more than I give it away, but I will keep doing myself my wise brething excercises, repeating HAPPY THOUGHTS, HAPPY THOUGHTs, HAPPY THOUGHTS....maybe I'll find myself flying away while Nana watches me heading to the third star on the left...you got it? Neverland i.e. Huddyland XD I am losing it....although the parallelism works just too well. I am getting numb at the thought it might now...acually happen....eventually....this season...*almost passes out* I need to sit down XD
mischievous
I’m laughing so hard right now! Perfect..“The Shining,” that movie scared me to death. Redrum Redrum! If I get lost walking backwards in my own footprints in the snow you’ll know I’ve gone raving mad. Ha..& you heading for the third star on the left in Neverland, (LOVE Kate Winslet)..but you get back here..to Huddyland this instant! Yes, sit down & hold on, several eps to go where anything can & will happen. Well, I am mainly hoping that our “beloved” would not keep doing House if it didn’t hold his interest, so we have to have faith it will be good, even if it drives us all a little bit crazy.

P.S. Now that I've got you all worked up, nervous and a little worried..I've done my "good deed" for the day...and I'll leave you be..Bea. (Sorry..ha).
Hey..look on the bright side..your New Chemistry is headed for the 100 mark!!
last edited Больше года
@BH, what's with all the pessimism??? I thought that was my position! I'm the one who's supposed to always be nay-saying, not you. In fact, you're the one who is supposed to rationally confront my pessimism and slowly pick it apart such that I realize that it's not as bad as I am trying to say it is. Do your damn job! If fanpop was union, I'd file a grievance...

Anyways, for some reason I just don't think the writers would do something as sappy as the situation you described. I mean, amnesia is such a tough card to play. It's hard for people to accept - both characters in the show and viewers. The idea of not being able to remember a single thing is just so foreign to most people that it makes things awkward. Case in point, Foreman's mom. How awkward were those scenes???

The one thing about your situation that did catch my attention tho was the car bomb bit. Reason being, didn't they mention something about a disaster and ensuing lockdown in one of the upcoming episodes??? Interesting...

I dunno what to expect at the end of this season. The show has kind of a flair for having something rather big at the end, so I wonder what it is going to be. It has to be something that will draw a crowd to make people wanna watch next season (obviously). Huddy could certainly accomplish that. I'm not saying that this is what I think is going to happen but here's an example...

*****Closing scene of season finale:*****

House is sitting at the loft, feeling lonely because even his BFF Wilson is out with his newly reunited ex-wife. He's had a particularly tough year, what with the Luddy situation and everything else. The pain is starting to come back and he is twirling a bottle of Vicodin in between his fingers (like he does with his cane). He hasn't taken one yet, but he is seriously considering it...

His deep thought is interrupted by a knock at the door. He reluctantly gets up, thinking that it is FINALLY that damn Thai take out he ordered an hour ago. House opens the door with fury, poised to unload on the delivery guy. His anger is immediately subdued by the site on the other side of the door - a casually-dressed and tear-stained Cuddy. They lock eyes and just when you think they are going to come together into a hug or something, !!!BAM!!! fade to black, roll credits.

*****End of Season 6*****

I think something like that would have the desired effect. I mean, no indication is given as to what was bugging Cuddy, but it is obviously bad given her crying. The perfect opportunity has presented itself for House to "be there" for Cuddy, but most of us are still wondering if he will. I mean, has he changed THAT much? Tune in next season...
last edited Больше года
Больше года playingcold said…
LW, I really like your version of the Season 6 Finale :))
@LW, Did I sound pessimistic? I will admit to being pathetic at connecting dots & clues. I guess my guessing is a little far fetched. But then, I never would have imagined Cuddy giving House mouth to mouth following his heart stoppage in S4 Final Head/Heart either. Speaking of House...you sound just like him when you said..”Do your damn job!” His voice is ringing in my ears, & your grievance is duly noted.

Hmmm...I see playingcold likes your Finale version..(thanks alot)..well really who doesn’t like Thai food? Seriously, I do not want to see House fall back to taking vicodin...so, if Cuddy can knock on the door at that opportune right moment..even in tears..they can both be "Huddy Happy" together sharing in their respective misery...now that sounds Housian to me. (If that's what you meant).
Hello everyone! I hope I am making some sort of sense here. I am a little off my game with this cold I have been battling and the medications and so on.

I think last year gave us all the gift of being skittish. Speaking for myself, I refuse to put myself out there with any positive Huddy thoughts because of what MIGHT happen or not happen. I am not negative at all, but more like I am trying to remain calm and content with each episode as it comes. The worst thing I could see happening at the moment would be some awesome Huddy spoiler that we all get hyped up for only to find it is not true.

@BH…I really hope the amnesia thing doesn’t happen. Mostly because I have always thought that the whole amnesia story line was overdone on shows so much. Who knows though, I say that and then BOOM, she loses her memory and thinks she is married to House or something.

@Bea “I admit I and Belle tend to be carried away by our Huddy everlasting enthusiasm and faith but I think it's half of the fun. What do we have left we can't enjoy dreaming?”
YOU ARE SO RIGHT! Of course, that is just us trying to be the unofficial Huddy cheerleaders.

Eventually …definition on the web:
Main Entry: even•tu•al•ly
Function: adverb
Date: circa 1680
: at an unspecified later time : in the end

Hmmm…

@LW I would say you tend to hold the strings that are tied to our Huddy balloons so they don’t fly too high and get burned by the sun. That would be my description rather than “local pessimist”..lol.

The thing with Foreman’s mom is that my Grandmother has Alzheimer’s and I didn’t find it as awkward as much as I found it truly sad. I saw a glimpse of what I had to look forward. Sometimes that much reality is harsh. Like you say, they have a flair for something big at the end and I would say normally something we aren’t expecting. At the same time though, I keep thinking that that last year did follow a pattern because House was slowly losing it and even the Amber delusions were increasing. Foolishly, I wasn’t thinking about how no one can detox overnight and watched the left hand when I should have been watching the right one.

@LW also…your closing scene seems perfectly suited to the House way of thinking. My issue with that end would be that when we come back, its three months later and what happened? That is the part I can’t fit into anything I have thought of is that we come back in the fall with three months later. I mean, if we did have Huddex at the end of the season, then wouldn’t we all hate missing the next three months?

In all honesty, the scenes for the speed dating looks like a riot! Does anyone else think that the whole idea of Wilson getting engaged right after getting together with his ex seems crazy quick? How quickly that happens should be interesting.

Another random thought, remember how at the end of last year, Foreteen and Chameron were all happy and Huddy wasn’t? It wasn’t even 6 seasons into the season and Foreteen and Chameron were no more. Very quickly that all hit the happy to sad rollercoaster.

The lockdown - that's smth i have high hopes about. It's the ep directed by Hugh and David Shore said in an interview that Cameron and Chase are gonna be forced by the circumstances to spend a lot of time together - all locked in the hospital. I'm kind of hoping for a big, dramatic situation, in which Cuddy or House desperately need help and the other one provides it with a big spectacular gesture - either one of them, but i would rather it was House, because Cuddy has already done a lot of grand gestures to save his ass. That would reveal a lot of hidden feelings. Perhaps a hug or a hand hold in the end of the ep, if i'm not being too optimistic...

LW - i have this vision of the season finale - something big and ugly happens (i've told you before, i heard about Thirteen dying, that's tragic enough:( and the episode closes with House and Cuddy together, comforting each other in a very intimate manner. I have a feeling that a big tragic event could bring them together, you knows, that kind of dramatic situation like in "House's head/Wilson's heart", where all masks fall off and true emotion is displayed.

However, i would cut off my left hand to see them getting together earlier than last episode. That's because i want to see it all, and i somehow doubt that they will do the same time frame thing they did with "Broken": usually, the three-four months break between seasons is symetrical to a similar break in the show's time frame. It has always been like this, except with "Broken", which picked up straight from where it was left, but only because this was a very special situation. With a Huddy get together in the last scenes of the last episode, they will probably not open up the next season with the morning after, and that sucks, because i do want to see it all: sex scenes, sleeping together (literally asleep:), her makeup in the bathroom, first days at work, first breakfast, first time House babysits - i want to see them developing intimacy, true, deep, complete intimacy, and i don't want to see the first kiss and then jump four months ahead.
Belle, we're posting at the same time, again and again:)))
The reason I chose the ending scene that I did was for a couple reasons. First, it allows Cuddy and House to be together without it being nothing but fluffy happiness - face it, we probably aren't gonna get that from Huddy.

I also chose that scene because I've noticed a pattern that House and Cuddy tend to move closer to each other when they are mutually miserable (e.g. "Joy")

I've also noticed that the show tends to "progress" in real-time. If you are really paying attention, sometimes you'll hear stuff like "last week's patient" or "six weeks ago, you wanted to..." More often than not, if you trace the timeline back, it's chronologically "in step" with previous House episodes.

Agreed about this phenomena holding true in between seasons. However, I don't think this is set in stone. I think the writers use it more as a time lapse in uneventful periods of the show. This is why they couldn't afford to just skip three months between seasons 5 & 6. I mean, would YOU have accepted it if 6x01 started with House showing back up at the hospital, without us getting to see even a flashback of his treatment? I don't think I would have...

But there are also times when they CAN afford to skip time. Think between seasons 2 & 3. House was recovering from his gunshot wound. BOOOOOORING! Who really cares about that. Besides, it was pretty cool to watch Season 3 start out with House JOGGING! I was like, "WTF, man??? Doesn't he have a bum leg???"

What about Seasons 4 & 5, with the Wilson predicament? I can't really say I think that the show progressed 3-4 months based on where we ended after season 4 and where we pick up in season 5.

I guess the point I am trying to make is that I think the writers will chronologically do whatever fits into the storyline best (how convenient). If a time lapse fits into the story well, they'll do it. If not, they'll pick up season 7 mere minutes after where we are left at the end of season 6. I think Huddy would certainly be a subject that would create an uproar if they sprung it on us in the closing seconds of season 6 and then fast-forwarded 4 months w/o showing us anything.

I know it would for me. As cool as it might be to start out season 7 with House and Cuddy 4 months into a committed relationship, I guess I would feel "shorted" for not getting to see the inevitable entertainment that transpired in those months...

How convenient - my season 6 ending doesn't put Huddy together, but it doesn't back away from it either. You don't know what will happen between them and you have to wait until Sept of 2010 to find out! Muahahaha, I'm evil!
@db lol...posting over each other just seems like a normal thing in our world..doesn't it?

I think the problem is that what I think will happen and what I want to happen are on opposite sides of the river, as always. I would imagine some of the others of you are in the same situation.
sunny
Yea...I stayed up just so I could be number 100!!!!!!!!!!

* Hope you feel better Belle!!
* Delia..right on about no last minute Huddy, yes - either earlier or wait till S7.
* Sweet vicodin dreams LW..about speed date lady with spooky eyebrows!!
* Good Morning Bea...enjoy all the new comments with your caffe latte!