Internet Camp Half-Blood The Demigod Race

PenelopeWolf1 posted on Dec 14, 2011 at 03:02PM
The gods have decided it is time for you to learn what and how mortals live.
They have stripped you of your powers and have stuck you back in your hometown, where a mentor of your past, dead or alive, will meet you and tell you what to do next.
your parents have given you a weapon that has no magical ability, just the fact that it's a weapon.
You have to travel across land. No aircraft travel.
It's a Demigod race to get home. Whoever gets there first, wins immortality, if they wish it.
This is like the gods sitcom show. They will be watching your progress, and how you do.
You will get no help from the gods.

RULES:
1. No stealing Aircraft objects to get home faster.
2. If in a car, no going over 55 Miles per hour.
3. No killing - Mortal, Demigods. If you meet a monster, then you may kill them.
4. Bow and Arrow, Dagger, and Sword allowed only.
5. No secret weapons such as a dagger hidden in your belt at the beggining of the Race.
6. No transportation powers - i.e. Teleport, super speed, ect.
7. Bambi eyes allowed to get free bus fare, or to get a vehicle - NO CHARMSPEAK
8. No powers at all.

Please fill out the following:

Name:
Where you were born(City, country, state):
Your mentor:

REMEMBER: THIS IS A DEMIGOD RACE. ALLIANCES ALLOWED. AS THE HUNGER GAMES SAY: May the odds ever be in your favor!

Demigods in the race:
Teddy - Tennessee - Hestia - Me :)
Lgan, Ron, Andrew - Texas - Eros, Hermes - MidnightWolf
Anna - Texas - Artemis - Rapunzeleah
Cameron - Colorado - Aeolus - Alex
Lark - Minnesota - Artemis - ArtemisDiana
Lance - Florida - Apollo - GailicRanger
Hennancy - Delaware - Poseidon - PercyLover
last edited on Dec 19, 2011 at 04:31PM

Internet Camp Half-Blood 84 Ответы

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 84

Больше года PenelopeWolf1 said…
Name: Teddy Kellogg
Olympian Parent: Hestia
Where your were born: Nashville, North America, Tennessee
Your Mentor: Karlie Simmons
I shuffled at the camp border kicked the dirt with my black leather army boots.
I looked around. I was the first one here.
I was wearing what my mother had sent me: Black leather army boots, camo pants, a dark green t-shirt, and a black leather army jacket. She had told me to put my red hair (I had just dyed it two days ago) with black tips in a ponytail out of my face. So I put it in a braid with my bangs pinned back.
She had also sent me a weapon: One that I could not use for my life.
She had sent me... A bow and arrow! I shuddered inwardly.
I leaned against Peleus and sighed.
last edited Больше года
Больше года MidnightWolf5 said…
Name: Logan DeReis, Ron and Andrew DeMeirda (they're working together.)
Olympian Parent: Eros
Where you were born(City, country, state): Houston, Texas, USA
Your mentor:Her stepdad,Zach Elmwood, and Andrew & Ron's cousin, Monica, who died in a gang attack. She's a weapons expert . . . she thinks so anyway.
last edited Больше года
Больше года MidnightWolf5 said…
(Andrew)
"MAN, this sucks! The gods took our powers away!How're we supposed to play pranks on people now?"

"You're not going to be able to, that's how.
"Answered an voice in my head.
"Gah! Cassandra? How...?" "That's what I thought when I heard your voice in my head!" She laughed. "Bye." and left my thoughts.
last edited Больше года
Больше года rapunzeleah123 said…
Name: Lilianna (Anna) Archer
Olympian parent: Artemis
Where you're born: Amarillo, Texas, USA
Your mentor: Cassandra Courtman
last edited Больше года
Больше года Alex13126 said…
Name: Cameron Tidus
Olympian Parent: Aeolus
Where you were born(City, country, state): Yuma, Colorado
Your mentor: Alex (She would've joined, but the gods banned her.)
I saw everyone coming and pushed off the tree. I crossed my arms and scowled. "'Bout time!" I called to Anna.
last edited Больше года
Больше года ArtemisDiana said…
name: Lark Thornston
olympian parent: Artemis
where born: Mineapolis, Minnesota
mentor: Gary, the satyr who brought her to camp in the first place.
I walked up to the others, wearing tue mini version of a hunter uniform my mom had given me to wear. My hair was braided back and I shouldered the bow and sheath of arrows my mom had given me.
(Cameron)
"Hold still," Alex hissed impatiently as she put the earbud into my ear.
"What is this for exactly?" I glared at her. "I'm gonna be late."
"Shut up. This is so I can talk to you out there. For some reason, I want you to win." She took one of her own beads from her Camp necklace and put it onto mine. "Now remember, go out there and don't get killed."
"Gee, thanks." I snorted.
"Wait." Alex took a cross bow out from her backpack. "The gods wanted me to give you this. Sorry, no arrows."
"Great." I started walking away.
"Cameron?"
"What?" I looked back at her. Her green eyes flashed a moment before she said, "Good luck."
I nodded.
last edited Больше года
@Penny - Leah? XDDDD *Anna

(Anna)
"Cass!" I called, walking over to her. "I just wanted to say goodbye."
She looked at me with her grave, violet eyes and let out a long breath. "It's not goodbye unless we never see each other again."
She handed me a small, bronze dagger. "It turns invisible and intangible when you press the button on the bottom, then turns back if you make a circle with your hands. That particular spell's a specialty of mine."
But behind her accepting smile and carefree tone, a rebellion welled.
"Oh, don't. You know you can't come, Cassandra."
She sighed, and there was resignation in her voice now. "I know… I'm just… used to protecting you. You're my only friend."
"Shut up! I hate when you say that! You don't give a crap that no one likes you," I snorted.
She shook her head. "You don't understand… but all the other half-bloods are over by that tree. I'll see you," she added.
"Okay." I stuffed the dagger in my small pack and gave her a subtle nod. "Later, then."
The purple-haired girl coughed and walked toward the Hecate cabin.
"Wait! Andy!" I cried, sprinting after her and hugged her as she gripped my arm stiffly.
"See ya, kid."
I cleared my throat and ran back to the tree.
last edited Больше года
Больше года GailicRanger said…
smile
Name: Lance Barry
Hometown: Miami Florida USA
Mentor: former deceased Master; Halt

The tree that I was in just so happened to be were the other competitiors were gathered around. I silently sat in the many branches until Zeus appeared from no where in a column of golden light. I jumped from the branches and landed with a silent thud. The others behind me broke out in whispers as to were I had come from. My gray and green cloak was blowing in the gathering wind as the tension cresciendo'd around us.
"Who the heck is-" I started, then I looked up and noticed Zeus, "Whoa. That'll be our ride home then?" I asked.
I looked at Zeus and tilted my head. "Lord Zeus," I bowed.
(Cam)
I raised an eyebrow. "So, we're starting?"
I looked at Zeus.
"Yes, I believe so." Zeus murmured.
"Every Fifteen years we have these Races to see who is the cleverest, brightest, and fastest demigod. Your parents have sent you directions. Remember the rules. Noo powers. Live like a mortal. We expect you back here in no less than two weeks. Good luck, demigods. May the odds forever be in your favor, as my good friend Effie has said." Zeus then vanished and everything went dark.
There it was: the Chase Building, the Globe News Center… I was in downtown Amarillo. I couldn't believe how much I'd missed it…
I spent three years of my life here. It was where the Hunters had found me after we'd moved back to the woods. I was terrified and excited.
And I was ready for whatever would come.
In the blink of an eye I was outside the white little ranch house in Minneapolis that I used to call home. I saw my mortal mom in the window, and as her shocked look turned into a glare I ran down the street. Trying to figure out how I'd get back to camp in two weeks.
I landed in front of my old white victorian house. The ivy grew up the walls with little flowers growing like fingers reaching up (Oh Leah, you rubbed off on me ;).
I smelled the sent of barbecue and grtitted my teeth.
I looked at another house. It was a simple babu blue with white windows.
Mr. La Faust waved and winked at me. I nodded to him and then ran down the street, towards the map of the world.
(Cam)
"Never thought I'd be back here...." I frowned looking up at my old small apartment building in Colorado. Snow covered the top of the building and all around the streets.
No time to admire the scenery.. I chided myself. No point hanging around in the past. We only have to weeks to get to New York..
I couldn't help it. I could already hear Alex cursing at me to get going.
"Miss you mom." I shifted the backpack on shoulder and turned to walk towards the old bus station.
I stopped in front of my old Middle school. I bit my lip and then ran inside. I ran down the corridor and barged into the techers lounge.
"Teddy?" asked a gray haired man.
"Mr. Jones, I need your car." I told my favorite teacher. "I know it's sudden, but please."
He nodded and understood. He was a son of Ares. "Okay, here." He threw me his keys.
I smiled. "Thanks" I gave him a hug.
"Race?" He asked.
I nodded.
"Good luck." He told me and I ran out the door towards his blue cadilac.
I stopped in front of my old Middle school. I bit my lip and then ran inside. I ran down the corridor and barged into the techers lounge.
"Teddy?" asked a gray haired man.
"Mr. Jones, I need your car." I told my favorite teacher. "I know it's sudden, but please."
He nodded and understood. He was a son of Ares. "Okay, here." He threw me his keys.
I smiled. "Thanks" I gave him a hug.
"Race?" He asked.
I nodded.
"Good luck." He told me and I ran out the door towards his blue cadilac.
Without thinking I had ran to my old elementary school. Once I got there I looked around, wonderimg why I'd gone here, of all places. Then I realised I was on the spot that I'd been on at the start of the monster attack that had started my journey to camp, the one place I'd be able to figure out the way to camp. I smiled and headed east. I could practically hear Gary smiling over the demigod-proofed com in my ear.

(sorry, I forgot to mention the com when she left the cabin, it was always there)
There was a flash of darkness and then I was on the balcony of my apartment in Miami. It was unpleasantly warm as usual here.
I vaulted over the railing and landed with a thud on the ground three stories below. I took my cloak off and it burned up into a heap of flames. Dad always did that for me. He never was one for rules.
I looked out of place being pale and skinny but I blended in with the crowds. My sense of direction told me I was going north. Good
Were we given any supplies except wepons?

rp

I ran through the city. When I lived here it used to seem so big, but having seen New York City, it didn't seem so big anymore. I considered hitching a ride, but Gary had always been so persistant about not hitchiking, I suppose he was afraid of monsters attacking us. I reach the Mississippi and I had to stop and smile. I'd loved Mimnisota, if not for my parents and the monsters, I never would have left. I leaned on the railing of one of the bridges, watching the river flow as the winter sun glinted off of it. I smiled, it was rare for there to be many days in Minnesota during the winter when the sun was out usually it was covered by clouds.
last edited Больше года
^I'm not sure but maybe we should have it like it's December like in real life.

Even though it was warm on the streets of Florida, Christmas lights snaked up the palm trees ligning the road. Club life continued on as I passed another club with dancers in the windows waving at me and grinning. I rolled my eyes.
I cop on a horse stopped to stare at the scantily clad women when an idea came into my head. Orishas up to him panting exaggeratedly. "Come quick!" I urged. His face becoming stern again he followed me on his horse.
I led him into an alley way. My bow was in my hands again. I turned and shot an arrow into the collar of the mans uniform. The arrow impaled his collar to the brick wall. He stayed there as his horse kept running. With a swing of my leg I was up on top of the horse and I was riding the horse down the alley and out the other end as the copper sent empty threats at me as he hung from the arrow.
I kind of assumed it would be summer, after all, Camp Half-Blood is a summer camp, and most campers only stay for the summer. Why have it in the winter when there are normally so few campers? Besides, unlike Florida, some state get REALLY cold in the winter. Demigods from those states wouldn't last long.

rp

I continued across the bridge, trying to figure out how to get a ride east without hitchiking.
(Nobody here exactly leaves for the winter, though)

(Cam)
The old bus station looked the same as when I left. The only difference was it was decorated for Christmas.
"Glad to see nothing changed." I mumbled as I hopped on board.
I know. but that would have been the gods' logic. I'm going to ask again, do we have any supplies besides weapons? I'm not quite clear if that was allowed or not.

rp

I shivered a little in my hunter uniform. It was a warm outfit, but the Minnesota cold managed to seep through. Snow sparkled on the streets and then it hit me, mom had forgotten to get me mittens. I shoved my hands in my pockets and kept walking.
Yes, you were given some money, ambrosia and nectar. Sorry about not making that clear.

RP

I started the car and drove down the highway.
I'll just head north to Oklahoma, I figured and started for the train station. Oklahoma City, here I come.
last edited Больше года
As I walked, I thought. 'I could fly, but I don't think I have that much money, if I got to Duluth I could take a ferry throught the Great Lakes, but its cold up there..." then I looked up and saw a red brick building with the word 'Megabus' on it 'or I could just take the bus' I thought as I walked in.
I held my ticket close to me. It was almost half of my money, and who knows how much it would be to get food and another train ticket, this time to New York? I couldn't just take a train there; the station only went as far as Oklahoma City.
I sighed. I could figure this out. Improvising was what demigods did best, right?
…Don't answer that.
I bought a ticket from the man in the window, who looked at me funny, but didn't protest. I hopped on the bus that would take me all the way to Chicago. 23 dollars, if a monster attacked part-way through the trip I would NOT be happy.

---

I just found out the keyboard on my phone has no dollar symbol.
(Cam)
"Come on, come on, come on." I silently urged under my breath. "This is taking too slow."
At the next stop, I hopped off. The train station couldn't be far...right?
Больше года percyLover101 said…
Name: Hennacey Grace
Olympian Parent: Poseidon
Where you were born: Clayton, Delaware, USA
Your mentor: Cecelia Thompson
I had been running to the others when I flashed into a town. I flashed my eyes everywhere noticing it as my old town in Delaware. Not wanting to stick around I started running North. I knew the rules, I could do this. Running with my bag filled with ambrosia, nectar, money, and socks(I don't know why.)bumping between my shoulder blades. My sword banging against my hip.
I stopped running when I saw my old school... Memories..
Suddenly someone lightly tapped on my shoulder. I spun, my sword out and ready.
"Hennacey?" Asked a familiar voice.
I lower my sword,"Cecelia?"
She nods. Cecelia was my only friend when I was a kid and she was also a demigod, so she helped me with my powers after my mom was gone. Sadly, I had to leave her when I traded schools, she was a campus supervisor at my middle school. "Don't tell me," She says,"Demigod race?"
I grin and nod,"Yeah."
"Thought so." She states.
A light bulb flashes in my head,"Do you have a car?"
She smiles evilly, but hesitated,"Will, I get her back?"
I shrug,"I really have no idea, but... I will try."
I give her a pair of bit puppy dog eyes making her toss me a pair of keys,"Over there. Just... Try not to crash it..."
While I run to the black Mercedes by the curb I yell to her,"Thanks! But no promises!"
last edited Больше года
I boarded the bus and sat down as it started up. 'Chicago here I come' I thought as I stared out the window.
I was half way to the exit when the car died.
I pulled over and hopped out.
I couldn't lose time.
I ran down the ramp, and over the side into the bushes. I winced.
Then I ran towards the bus station.
The car was fast, fast enough to get me out of Delaware by- I looked at my watch, 6:14- 8 or 9.... Maybe 7 if I can go just a bit faster. I pressed the gas harder. The car sped up making my head go back against the seat. The sight of how fast I was going made me grin.
last edited Больше года
The horse was fast but i could have been going faster. I stood on the horse's back and leaped into the open window of a moving vehicle. The guy driving didn't see me enter the car as he lit a cigarette and blasted Metallica. But we kept going north.
I woke up a few minuets later to a lady walking down the isle offering snacks for a dollar. Judging by the watch on the wrist of the person sitting across the isle from me, I'd been asleep for about 8 hours. I looked at the snacks and my tummy growled, so I pulled out 5 bucks and exchanged them with snack-lady for the equivilant amout of chocolate covered peanuts, figuring I wouldn't get such a low price for food again. As I munched on my snack the driver announced we'd be in Chicago soon.
^Wait... So is it winter right now?^

RP
After about an hour and a half, I'm only about 30 minutes from the border of entering Pennsylvania when the car slows to a stop. Worry runs through me in a sudden rush. I stomp on the gas but all the car does is groan.
Growling to myself, I hop out the car. I give it a good kick in the bumper, when I start running towards the border.
On the way I feel a wave of sudden guilt... That was Cecelia's car. I had no time to stop and what would I do with the car? I don't know. So, as I run, I pray to my dad to get that car back to her after the race.
I slow down, to a steady jog as a rush of hunger hits me. Not stopping, I bring my black bag around to the front of me as I dig through it for a snack. I find nothing eatable.
Pushing through the people around me to get to the boarder I barely notice convenience stores every 2 blocks or so. I run into a nearby one.
Taking my money out I grab some chips, water(Powerade), and beef jerky. Paying for the food and walking out I count my remaining dollars. Not much, but enough to get more food when I need it.
Opening a bag of chips, I run with the bag in my hand, eating while I run...... Multitasking.
After about a little under an hour, I'm in Pennsylvania.
'When I'm out of Pennsylvania I'm in New York. Half way there', I think.
As I stop a few yards away from the border I just passed, I notice something....
Pennsylvania is one big state, and on foot..... This is gonna take a long time, even if I did catch Cabs and Buses.
Worst part is........
I don't even know anything about this state. I may have lived in Delaware, almost all my life, but Pennsylvania? I'm as clueless as a human falling upon Olympus, when I'm here.
'Your just gonna have to wing it..' I think hastily to myself as I start to run to... Who knows where... again.
last edited Больше года
I hopped onto a bus that takes me as far as Boston. I hop out and run towards the next bus station only to find out that the next bus to Pennsylvania leave in two days.
I stifle and sigh and run towards the entrance.
I burst through the doors and then run through the streets of Boston, Massachusetts.
As soon as I got off the bus in Chicago I started walking east. It was night, but thanks to my nap on the bus I wasn't at all tired. It was cold in the 'windy city' just like it was in Minnesota. I passed stores full of warm clothing, but as much as I wanted to go in and get some, I knew better. I kept seeing storm spirits overhead.
(Cameron)
There it was! Steam blew out the top and the whistle blew. My stomach lurched as I realized what the train was about to do.
"Wait!" I shouted while running as fast as I could. "Don't leave yet!"
Больше года GreenyAKARandi said…
i am now joining this (fluttershy yay)

Name: Randitella Amy Winston
Olympian Parent: Nike
Where you were born(City, country, state): Portland, USA, Oregon
Your mentor: Casey

Name: Nathaniel Greene
Olympian Parent: Nike
Where you were born(City, country, state): Salt Lake City, USA, Utah
Your mentor: Spencer Adams (long distance relative...he's a dead baseball player and he's a son of nike)
The train rumbled along, creating an ambient noise. My eyelids grew heavy, and I was soon enveloped in warm, sleepy shadows.
Больше года GreenyAKARandi said…
"Well." i sad out loud to myself. "I feel useless."

I love my powers i rely on them. but its mostly because one of my powers is having the charm of victory. So i wont be surprised if i dont win. Suddenly, i was transported to oregon. I sighed as i looked at my large, way nice suburban house. My dad's motorcycle shined in the driveway along with a nice mercedes. I frowned. Hom-

I felt my hair getting wet. "REALLY? ITS RAINING!??! I hate being from oregon....its on the other side of the USA, and its always wet, and and and and..." i mumbled to myself after i pulled my hood u. Nike gave me some nice running shoes, a nike jacket, a long sleeve and green sweats....knowing my usual basketball shorts wouldn't help me in the cold.

I stuffed my hands into my pockets. Then LIGHTBULB! I raced into my house, knowing my dad would freak. But...who cares.

I ran into the nice kitchen to find my dad holding a spoon as he was making food. "Randitella?" he asked with a confused face.

"Hey DAD!" i called behind me as i raced to my room. "BYE DAD!" i ran up the stars past all the framed shoes and ran into my room. Same old place. the green walls, the sports player posters...my oregon duck signed basketball....oh man....NO! The task at hand!

"Okay..." i whispered to myself as i flipped open the laptop. Hey, my dad kept it up here. I Went on to google and typed in "Nathanial Greene, Salt Lake West Middle school" Nathan's old school. It popped up a link and i found his picture in the basketball team. i got his address and then his number....it took a long time to do that...then i grabbed my phone off its hook and told nathan to stay in utah and was coming to him. We would be doing it TOGETHER.

"DAD!" i called down. he ran to me as i jumped down the last few steps. "Can i PLEASE use your motorcycle?? PLEASE???"

"NO! how old are you?!"

I smiled. "15."

He frowned. "Oh yea...STILL NO! Why do you need it?"

I sighed. "Demigod games! I need to get to camp as FAST AS I CAN and i lost my powers so PAHLEEZE?"

He rolled his eyes. "FINE. BUT YOU ARE MAILING IT BACK! GOT IT??"

"ya ya!" I yelled ask before catching the keys. I put them into the ignition and the bike roared.
I woke up with a start when "We will be arriving in Oklahoma City in approximately ten minutes" jerked me to consciousness from my pleasant dream about—something. I threw my iPod into my bag and shoved on my Nikes. Pulling my hair into a rough ponytail, I stared out the window, unexcited, though I knew I should've been.