Queen of the Damned Please DON'T add a POP Тест unless Ты can do it FACT based!

bendaimmortal posted on May 19, 2009 at 02:08PM
I really wish people would base the pop quizes on facts and not on wishful thinking / wrong heard dialogs / assumptions.

Like that
- "How many years was Lestat a vampire?" having "100 years" as the correct answer but no one ever anywhere has made into a fact that Lestat would be 100 years old vampire - no more in the film than in the book.
In the Queen of the Damned book he's actually literally mentioned to be 200 years old and that's not even an option in that pop quiz. In the Queen of the Damned film Lestat's dialog goes "Either it was the first meal or the 100 years of rest, I'm not sure, but..." - please, that ONLY says he RESTED for 100 years, it doesn't say he was a vampire only that long. And thinking realistically he ought to be older than that since later in the film it is shown he didn't exactly goe to sleep right away after being turned into a vampire... Not to mention he didn't die in the film, so he'd go on growing older. That pop quiz is not only confusing but also doesn't have a factual answer or even options.

And also that newer one
- "Who says 'You're more precious?'" (No, it isn't typed that correctly in grammar but I know that's what they mean to ask.) And the correct answer to taht according to the pop quiz'es maker, is supposed to be "Lestat".

The only point where I can recall him using the word "precious" is when he speaks to Jesse about how precious HUMANITY is.
And he so does NOT say "You're more precious." What he says is:
"You're beautiful to me BECAUSE YOU'RE HUMAN; your short years, your frailty, your heart - even as you think it's breaking. ALL THAT seems suddenly more precious to me than anything I've ever known."

So, sorry to break your pink little bubbles but Lestat never said to Jesse she's precious, not to mention more precious - but he was literally talking about humanity / mortality as it is.

*SIGH*
SO, please stop adding pop quizes based on your own day dreams, assumptions or wrong heard / made conclusions BECAUSE a pop quiz is supposed to be something ANYONE who's seen the film or read the book is able to answer correctly AND if answered incorrectly it should be educational, which it isn't if it's wrong in the first place.

And even more appreted would be if you mentioned on which the pop quiz bases, the film or the book, unless it's clear from the question itself.

Anyone with me? Any death treats? Anything?
I know it's just a pop quiz mostly for fun but you know there IS a point to them stated above and no harm done if they're actually used the right way.
last edited on May 19, 2009 at 02:15PM

Queen of the Damned 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
Больше года FanFic_Girl_26 said…
heart
I agree with all those points there — very much so, indeed. After all, from my perspective, the film Queen of the Damned is really neat, as well as very inspiring (at least for a writer), too.. :)
 I agree with all those points there — very much so, indeed. After all, from my perspective, the fil