Герои Олимпа ~~Funny Цитаты from MoA~~

NymphsOfOlympus posted on Jan 16, 2013 at 06:00PM
Hey Fanpopers! This forum is to be used to post funny quotes that you happened to see when you read MoA.

Disclaimer: Rick Riordan the Awesome owns this, (COMPLETELY owns this, even)

Anybody can post quotes from the MoA ONLY (not the other PJ or HoO books).

Co-writer: EVERYBODY!

Please just do the quote setout like this:
Example:

Percy says this when bla bla bla: "bla bla bla" page 45

Don't forget the page number and a very brief summary of what happened before!!!

Герои Олимпа 24 Ответы

Click here to write a response...
Больше года NymphsOfOlympus said…
This is a dialogue between Coach Hedge, Leo and Frank that happens when the Argo II lands in Atlanta:

"Ah, lovely spot...Good choice, Valdez."
Leo shugged. "I just picked a tall hill"...
Hedge barked. "Do you realize what heppened on this hill? Frank Zhang, you should know!"
Frank flinched. "I should?"
"A son of Ares stood here!" Hedge cried indignatly.
"I'm Roman...so Mars, actually."
"Whatever! Famous sot of the American Civil War!"
"I"m Canadian, actually."
"Whatever! General Sherman, Union leader. He stood on this hill watching the city of Atlanta burn. Cut a path of destruction all the way from here to the sea. Burning, looting, pillaging-now there was a demigod!"
Frank inched away from the satyr."Uh, okay." page 176 if you have the hard-back cover-don't know about the others...
last edited Больше года
Больше года teamleo said…
Ok i am not excactly sure what page it is and i am doing this quote from memory but i know Leo said it:

Oh no, Leo thought Frank is gonna start bustin out the bad words like the gosh darns and golly gees.
cake
Thank you teamleo! :D Cake for you!
The Argo II is going to land in Salt Lake City, hard. Coach Hedge insists on clinging to the forward rail.
"Hang on Coach!" Leo shouted. "This is going to hurt!"
"I was born for hurt!"
Page 56
last edited Больше года
Больше года snowflakes989 said…
This also from memory.

Where's Frank, the coach mouthed. Percy nodded at Frank.
Frank waved a dorsal fin.
Sup?
cake
Oh yeah, it's the one where there trapped in the demigod aquarium and Frank is a koi! Nice one! Cake for you!
Больше года snowflakes989 said…
Lol, thank you!
I loved that quote cuz it's so funny!
Больше года ConnerandTravis said…
Pg 141

"You guys remember Polybotes?"(Percy)
"The giant who invaded Camp Jupiter," Hazel said. "The anti- Poseidon you whacked in the head with a Terminus statue. Yes, I think I remember."

Hazel being sarcastic
Yeah, she isn't often sarcastic or ironic.
Any others? Come on, I'm sure there are tons more! Cake for the first person besides me that posts a funny quote! ;)
Crap! I don't have my MoA book back, I lent it to a friend that has for for a couple of MONTHS now and STILL didn't give it back! AND she hasn't finished reading it! Exasperating, I tell you! ;)
Больше года extraordinary25 said…
I've got a couple:
"While Leo fussed over his helm controls, Hazel and Frank related the story of the fish centaurs and the training camp.
'Incredible,' Jason said. 'These are really good brownies'
'That's your only comment?' Piper demanded.
He looked surprised. 'What? I heard the story. Fish centaurs. Mer-people. Letter of intro to the Tiber river god. Got it. But these brownies-'
'I know,' Frank said, his mouth full. 'Try them with Ester's peach preserves'
'That,' Hazel said, 'is incredibly disgusting'
'Pass me the jar, man,' Jason said. "

Also:
"I try not to think," Leo admitted. "It interferes with being nuts."
last edited Больше года
NymphsOfOlympus commented…
Great! Now I just want a brownie! ;) Больше года
gwendiamond commented…
Didn't Piper say "Boys!" after that? Больше года
Больше года Hey_Its_Tempest said…
Okay I got my copy of MOA so ill look this up as soon as I type it-

"Behold!" Percy shouted. "The god's chosen beverage. Tremble before the horrors of Diet Coke!"

Page 374, (hardcover ver.) They got captured by dolphin wimple, who were terrified of Dionysus, because he turned them into dolphins on the first place. He made the warriors go over the edge in. Panic.
Больше года Hey_Its_Tempest said…
*people *in a panic
Больше года gwendiamond said…
smile
I'm sorry but I don't have the page number because I found this on Goodreads
“Whenever Percy stopped by to see [Annabeth], she was so lost in thought that the conversation went something like this:
Percy: 'Hey, how's it going?'
Annabeth: 'Uh, no thanks.'
Percy: 'Okay...have you eaten anything today?'
Annabeth: 'I think Leo is on duty. Ask him.'
Percy: 'So, my hair is on fire.'
Annabeth: 'Okay, in a while.”
He turned to Frank who was trying to pull his fingers out of the Chinese handcuffs…
“Okay,” Frank relented. “Sure.” He frowned at his fingers, trying to pull them out of the trap. “Uh, how do you—”
Leo chuckled. “Man, you’ve never seen those before? There’s a simple trick to getting out.”
Frank tugged again with no luck. Even Hazel was trying not to laugh.
Frank grimaced with concentration. Suddenly, he disappeared. On the deck where he’d been standing, a green iguana crouched next to an empty set of Chinese handcuffs.
“Well done, Frank Zhang,” Leo said dryly, doing his impression of Chiron the centaur. “That is exactly how people beat Chinese handcuffs. They turn into iguanas.”
“Gods of Olympus." Piper stared at Leo. "What happened to you?"
His hair was greased back. He had welding goggles on his forehead, a lipstick mark on his cheek, tattoos all over his arms, and a T-shirt that read HOT STUFF, BAD BOY, and TEAM LEO.
"Long story," he said.”
“Oh my god, I am so awesome!" Leo bellowed.
"So awesome!" Echo yelled back.
"He is funny," a nymph ventured.
"And cute, in a scrawny way," another said.
"Scrawny?" Leo asked. "Baby I invented scrawny. Scrawny is the new sizzling hot.”
“Annabeth gripped the hilt of her dagger. “A bounty on our heads…as if we didn’t attract enough monsters already.”
“Do we get WANTED posters?” Leo asked. “And do they have our bounties, like, broken down on a price list?”
Hazel wrinkled her nose. “What are you talking about?”
“Just wondering how much I’m going for these days,” Leo said. “I mean, I can understand not being as pricey as Percy or Jason, maybe…but am I worth, like, two Franks, or three Franks?”
“Annabeth sat up and glared at her ankle.
"You HAD to break," she scolded it.
The ankle did not reply.”
“We’ve all got weaknesses. Me, for instance. I’m tragically funny and good-looking.”

Maybe it's enough for today!
Woooow, yeah, your a born quoter! (I dunno if that exists...)
At least I got my book back after, like 7 months....
To come: ~~ Funny Quotes from the HoH ~~