Офис How do Ты feel about what happened at the Emmy's

Temptasia posted on Sep 17, 2007 at 06:04AM
1 award??? Who are they kidding??? The Office is the best show on tv!

Офис 18 Ответы

Click here to write a response...
Больше года tessajanuary said…
I totally agree! The Office deserved Best Comedy at least...
Больше года tvman said…
I couldn't agree more! Actually I could. Come on, I mean I wasn't entirely crushed when Rainn and Jenna didn't win, but I was upset that Jamie Pressley won over Jenna Fischer. I mean come on, Jenna has much more talent in 1 finger than Jamie Pressley has period, and Best Comedy 30 Rock? Are you kidding me! 30 ROCK!!! That show isn't good enough to clean out the bucket of you know what underneath the Office's cast members trailers, let alone beat them out for Best Comedy! For shame Academy, For shame!!!!!!!
P.S I think the Office won 1 1/2 awards. Steve Carell was given the Best Actor in a Comedy Series trophy by Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert when Ricky Gervaice couldn't be there to accept it, but I am not sure if he is going to give it to him another time, or if they just said Ricky Gervaice as part of the joke, and the award really did belong to Steve.
last edited Больше года
Больше года chel1395 said…
I was disappointed that Jenna didn't win. She was definitely the best of the nominees. And I'm not a fan of 30 Rock, so I hardly thought it deserved Best Comedy. However, I did like how The Office was integrated into the show so much. Steve Carrell got to present by himself and those cute little video interviews from Rainn, Jenna and John were hilarious! "Biggest rack on the show?" LOL. And the Rainn Wilson / Kayne West showdown was hilarious. And I loved when Steve ran upstage to get Ricky's award. Just more proof that the cast of The Office is the best out there.
Больше года snoznoodle said…
It's sad none of them won. They all deserved it (even though I think Ricky Jervais deserved it too). Those mini interviews were so cute. I love Jenna. "Biggest rack on the show?" is going to be pretty popular for a while lol. Yeah Steve getting Ricky's award was awesome! LOOOOVE THEM!
last edited Больше года
Больше года brokenbrain said…
It was so disappointing Jenna didn't win. I think she really deserved it for her performance this season. I loved the mini interviews thing when Steve was presenting. "Biggest rack on the show?" is definetly my favorite part of the Emmys last night.
Больше года Temptasia said…
So did Steve win the award? I was thinking at first that it was a joke that Ricky got it and that Steve really did, and then they didn't give him the trophy and he didn't make a speech. So I am confused!
Больше года immisterkevin said…
Even though they didn't win, FOX sure gave them a lot of screen time. The Office/Daily Show Crew stole the show, creating the biggest laughs of the night.

When the Emmys have a winner (James Spader) admitting that he shouldn't have won, that says something about the voting
Больше года kathiria82 said…
It was a joke Temptasia, Ricky Gervais won it. This is what I think. There were a lot of great shows and I am also disappointed that The Office didn't get more awards. I just don't think it is fair to take away credit from those that did win. I do love Jenna but she hasn't been around longer than Jaime. If anyone doubts what a great actress Jaime is then they haven't seen her work. It would have been great if Jenna won but it just wasn't her time...Jaime did deserve to win. The Office was not forgotten and it will be around for a long time. They will get their time to shine on the Emmy's.
Больше года dustbusta said…
I'm happy Ricky won. He's a great actor and incredibly gifted comedically. I was positive that Ugly Betty would win just because it felt like the whole show was centered around them and of course Jon Stewarts posse. But 30 Rock!? Should that even be labeled as a comedy? When your funniest actor is Alec Baldwin... you've got problems.

I did like how Carell ran up on stage. It was great to see Carell, Colbert, and Stewart all together again celebrating. At least the Emmy's aren't all stuck up and snobby like.
Больше года tvman said…
Kathiria82, what great work has Jamie Pressley done? I only remember seeing her in 1 movie, and that was Not Another Teen Movie, and she didn't even have a large part in that. I think she also did some adult films too. How is that kind of work considered great? When I look at the list of nomenees, Jenna should have won. She had a much better season than anybody on that list. Espechally Jamie Pressley.
Больше года kathiria82 said…
She is currently on My Name Is Earl and that is what she won for. Watch the show tvman, she is amazing in it.
Больше года chel1395 said…
Well, Jamie Pressley hasn't had a big film career, but I agree she is really wonderful on "My Name is Earl." She was sensational on the TV show, "Jack and Jill" which was cancelled back in 2001 well before its time. I would have preferred Jenna to win, but I'm extremely biased. There is always next year. I know Jenna will get nominated again.
last edited Больше года
Больше года tvman said…
I have watched My Name is Earl from the beginning, but I feel that it was not as good as the first season this year. Jamie Pressley's role as Joy was not as entertaining this year, because I liked it when she was care free, had one problem per episode, and was always trying to steal Earl's money. Now Joy this past season was battling in court for her freedom and instead Earl went to jail. I think this is a clear sign that the shows going to go downhill from here, as producers have said that Earl is going to remain in prison for most of the next season. Anyway, back to the Office part. Jenna should have won, Jamie's role was not even close to par with Jenna's, and her role this year was anything but amazing, just ordinary, unlike Jenna Fischer's, which was extraordinary.
last edited Больше года
Больше года msqueenbea said…
I believe that all the voters were on crack this year. I don't think ANY of the awards went where they should.
Больше года sweetmonkeytoes said…
These award shows, never seem to award people based on actual merit but for some obscure little factor. Those judges are just shallow. I'm still a little bitter that Lauren Graham never recieved one nomination for an Emmy after some great seasons on Gilmore Girls. I definitely think Jenna should have won!
last edited Больше года
Больше года snoznoodle said…
I think Jaime deserved it. She is such a funny character I love her. I would have been soo happy if Jenna won but the ever wise Kathiria is right - she'll have her time to shine.
Больше года krazykray said…
I am really mad that the office only one like one thing. They deserved to win everything!!

And so did Stephen Colbert!! He is so much better then John Stewart.

But 30 rock is actually pretty funny. Not as good as the office, but I love Tina Fey!
Больше года pencilcup said…
You know, I was so convinced that The Office would be showered with awards, NO CONTEST! Right? (30Rock? Pfff!!!)
But then again I always feel like these awards are about a lot of stuff aside from just simply being a good production or actor, or is that a dissapointed bias fan talking?
But at least, the award that Greg D got is an important one. One that is not just for him, it's for the whole writing staff. So that way the show got something they really really deserved. No matter how good your cast is, or how talented a director is, without a good script a show would fall apart.
Hey and don't forget; the editors got one too! Don't get me started on how important those guys are(think about the brilliant talking heads).So in the end the show got 2 awards.
I bet that next year it will be our beloved castmembers turn.