Дурнушка third rock from the sun's kristen on ugly betty

waichingliu81 posted on Aug 25, 2009 at 12:42PM
Kristen Johnston Begins Ugly Betty Filming
August 24, 2009 by Tom

In case you haven’t heard, Third Rock From The Sun’s Kristen Johnston has been cast for a guest role on Ugly Betty. Most of the headlines say that Johnston ‘replaced’ American idol’s Paula Abdul, but since the deal with Abdul was never done, and we have no idea if it was ever even close, ‘replace’ just doesn’t seem like the right word.

BTW, EW reported that Abdul had a private jet as one of her demands for her Ugly Betty appearance. What the?

Johnston will be playing the role that was rumored for Abdul, though – Helen, the new office temp. She will be bonding with Becki Newton’s Amanda.

In fact, according to Johnston, her character is “Amanda in 10 years. She’s still trying to get into the right clubs, wearing tight dresses… tragic. I think [Helen] sees herself as Samantha from Sex and the City. Except, of course, she’s a temp.

(As an aside, I’ve known MANY people like Helen. I have yet to meet a person who actually lives as Samantha or Carrie from SATC. But, I digress).

I love what Johnston told Ausiello: "I’ve always considered myself a poor man’s Paula Abdul.." I don’t care who you are, given the situation, that’s funny.

Michael Urie tweeted this morning that he began filming with Johnston this morning. The thought of Marc and Mandy and an “older Mandy” together just tickles me to death. I really believe this is going to be a great character.

Too bad Helen is going to be a temp. But then again, Urie was not supposed to last more than one episode, either. We’ll see.

link

Дурнушка No Ответы