Дурнушка CSI's adam rodriguez to appear on ugly betty

waichingliu81 posted on Sep 10, 2009 at 11:57AM
Exclusive: Adam Rodriguez Joins Ugly Betty
Sep 9, 2009 06:20 PM ET

Adam Rodriguez's character on CSI: Miami disappeared in the Florida Everglades, but apparently the actor found his way to New York: Rodriguez will join the cast of Ugly Betty this season, TVGuide.com has learned exclusively.

Rodriguez will play Bobby, an old flame of Betty's sister Hilda. "He's an old high school boyfriend, and [he comes] back into their lives," said Rodriguez, who was in New York promoting his role in Tyler Perry's I Can Do Bad All By Myself. "A little romance buds, and there's some drama to go along with it."

Rodriguez was coy about who — Hilda or Betty — is involved in the romance. "Maybe a little bit of both," he said with a laugh. "We'll see how it turns out, but it's going to be a lot of fun and it's really funny."

Rodriguez will definitely appear in five episodes, but his stay on Betty is likely to be extended, according to a source.

Rodriguez's role as Eric Delko on Miami will be wrapped up in the show's upcoming eighth season.

Ugly Betty premieres on Friday, Oct. 9 at 8/7c on ABC. Catch encore airings Thursdays at 7/6c on TV Guide Network, beginning October 15th.

link

Дурнушка 10 Ответы

Click here to write a response...
Больше года snuggles8959 said…
surprise
So who is this character going to hook up with?? If Hilda is still dating Archie, it's possible this character could hook up with Betty seeing that she is not dating Matt & he will still be bitter after the Henry debacle.. It was mentioned that an obstacle will come in between Matt & Betty....will he be the obstacle??
Больше года waichingliu81 said…
smile
well, snuggles8959, i also read on another site that hilda and archie's relationship may not last very long during season 4, and that someone from hilda's past returns and he tries to win hilda's heart.

and so my money would be a love triangle taking place between this bobby character, archie and hilda. interesting stuff!
Больше года snuggles8959 said…
hmmm
Hey waichingliu81... after I kept reading other sites, I guess they're implying that this Bobby character will interact with Hilda, but read somewhere there may be a storyline with Archie/Hilda & the mob..its getting confusing which storylines come to fruition..But, I still think that there will be some kind of "love" triangle / obstacle (which was mentioned by Horta in the upcoming fall issue of TV Guide -"interesting love triangle") with Betty & Matt along with Betty dealing with Matt @ work & his bitterness.. As much as a positive person Betty is, I wonder if her work situation with Matt & his bitterness will take a toll on her..
snuggles8959- yeah, there was something mentioned about a storyline involving hilda, archie and a mob. and i'm thinking that perhaps, bobby might be part of that mob.

as for betty, we will see how things fare between herself and matt- now that they are working together now and not dating each other.
Больше года BeSafe said…
big smile
Not going to lie I kind of wish that this guy was with Betty instead of Hilda because I really love Hilda/Archie, and has anyone else noticed that the only love interests they give Hilda are also Latino...is it a coincidence or do you think that they do that on purpose?

Anyway I doubt he will have any romance going on with Betty, she has already had so many romantic interests *rolls eyes* that I would be dumbstruck if they gave her another one...though really where everyone thinks there as so many I don't understand...regardless I am excited for this new character, I've totally had a crush on him for years <3
'has anyone else noticed that the only love interests they give Hilda are also Latino...is it a coincidence or do you think that they do that on purpose?'

yeah good point. first it was santos, then coach diaz, archie and now bobby. i don't understand why the writers would want to do this. i might be on the wrong foot here, but perhaps, i think that hilda has more latina blood in her compared to betty. i mean, you look at both hilda and betty and the way they talk, and betty is much more westernised, whilst hilda is more hispanic. but that is because of the actresses who play those roles, i guess.
Больше года BeSafe said…
^^Yeah I considered that too, they definately paint Hilda as the more latina one than Betty, because they really paint Betty as very westerized like you say. Papi/Hilda speak Spanish fluently, but Betty is rusty...they make her more 'American' but anyway I just noticed that every love interest they give Hilda is latino, even when she went on that one date with Gio, I mean I just find it interesting...they should expand Hilda's horizons, but maybe if they are planning on Betty ending up with Daniel (or a non-latino, though preferably DANIEL MEADE!) then it would make sense in a way I guess, they don't want to make it seem like latinos only date white guys...but yeah I don't know I think I'm looking too far into this!
totally agree with you, besafe!

i hope that the only suarez sister, bobby dates is hilda and hilda only, although hilda and archie look cute together. i cannot really see him with betty, and frankly it's about time the writers gave the betty romance saga a break and focus on her friendship and bond with daniel.
Больше года BeSafe said…
I think the writers are going to include some Matt/Betty drama this Season and I hope they realize they are better off as friends! I would love to see the writers focus on the Daniel/Betty friendship and bond...perhaps Betty will go to Daniel with her problems more now that he isn't techinically her boss anymore, but really only her friend now! I REALLY hope that Betty not working under Daniel anymore doesn't ditract from the Detty aspect and that the writers still give them plenty of time on-screen together!
smile
i totally agree with you!