Canada What's it like to go to school in Canada?

angel_girl posted on May 28, 2008 at 04:48PM
I have always been curious about how it is to live and go to school in Canada. I am going into grade 11 and I was wondering if anyone could give me some perspective. Thanx :)

Canada 10 Ответы

Click here to write a response...
Больше года blisslikethis said…
i think it's hard to give perspective when you don't have the experience of going to school anywhere else. high school, for me, was pretty uneventful. i was in a French immersion program, which means i went to school in both French and English, and that narrowed down the number of kids i saw on a regular basis. i honestly don't know what to tell you. maybe if you had some more specific questions that would help?
Больше года quartz said…
it was nice but that dumb french school!!!

DIE SCHOOL DIE
Больше года SpanksU said…
High School I think is very different in Canada when it comes to things such as sports. We don't have huge football field with bleachers, our sporting events are usually held during the day or just after school ends, etc.

No Homecoming dances, and we do have prom but the whole prom queen/king doesn't happen . . .

In Elementary school we don't have cafeteria's we just ate our lunch at our desks.

At least that is how it was where I went to school
Больше года ShadowFlame said…
In ways we differ, like our enhansed French, blah blah blah, but from my point of view, school is the same here as it is there. Except where learn in igloos ;)
Больше года Quartzquartz said…
yeah: go igloos go!

schools the same i guess, you go there, you learn, you go home and you go again the next day...

only i am sure we have a shorter winter break but a longer summer one...
Больше года Juan_Aguero said…
its the same

Больше года Juan_Aguero said…
ohh...except for the snow days, i think we get more
Больше года My8thUsername said…
smile
^ Do we? I never realized that we get more snow days than in Africa or South America. Especially considering the fact that we live halfway between the equator and the North Pole... ;)

@SpanksU: Really? What school did you go to? The only time we ate at our desks was in Primary (a.k.a. kindergarten for those of you who don't know) for recess (a.k.a. snack time). We ate in a cafeteria the rest of the time. Except we had different times when we ate. Since we had grades P-6 in elementary school, we divided the hour into 3. 20 mins for Primaries, 1s, and 2s, 20 mins for 3s and 4s, and the rest for 5s and 6s. If you didn't finish in that time you had to go up to the stage (which was open to the cafeteria) and finish there. It's a lot less confusing then it sounds.

Other than that, it's basically the same as any other school.
Больше года Greek_girl said…
smile
Ummm well, it isn't really any different than going to school in the U.S. But, we learn a lot of French, since it's our second language. And, also, we learn mostly about Canadian history. Did you know the man who invented basketball was a Canadian? And also in my school we sometimes have hockey days, where everyone dresses up in our provinces hockey team colours, and shouts WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP!!!!!!!!! LOL. We're really enthusiastic about hockey. Anyway, glad I could help answer your question. Have a good day! Oh wait! *Gives sovenir mountie outfit* Wear it proudly!
Больше года JennieJackknife said…
Well It might be the same. At my school, we have the groups, no cafe, wear what ever we want, and some other stuff
Funfums commented…
Lucky one. I had to wear a uniform :c Больше года