Dan and Blair Dan and Blair: their haters kill Щенки

BeautifulLover posted on Apr 12, 2011 at 11:16PM
Sometimes I really don’t get it. How someone can hate Dan/Blair. Like with this burning passion. Is not that Dan is treating Blair bad, is not that he is trying to change her, is not that Blair is not comfortable around him, is not like he is forcing their relationship, is not like Blair doesn’t have other options to choose.(see Chuck)
Actually it is the contrary. He cares, she enjoys herself with him, they do stuff together that Blair has always dreamt to do with his boyfriend, she is content, everyone is noticing it, she loves Chuck sure, but this feeling only brings her to do crazy and unhealthy actions, she self-sabotage herself most of the times, she believes she is doomed to be dark and twisted like him when all she ever dreamed of was to be a princess, to conquer her fairytale, to live with prince charming. And Dan will be prince enough and will put her happiness first. I think he will push her relationship with the Prince, he likes her but since he feels he is not enough for her, he will let her live the fairtytale. But we all know, we all have seen what is the big deal. Chuck pretends to know what Blair needs/wants and he will force himself to her, using those big words and doing grand gesture, like a prince is supposed to do? Not at all. A prince leave the princess live her dreams. He doesn’t put himself between. What made him happy (to be with Blair, apparently.) is not what makes her happy anymore. (Although I might disagree about it, cause the only time I see Chuck all smiley was when with Eva, was when he was not being Bass, and this is saying a lot.)
So why the hate? I can understand the hate for Chuck/Blair. Because S3 actually gave us something to hate because of what Chuck did. But with Dan/Blair there is nothing to hate. Is this coming because some CB fans are threatened by DB? Maybe is this: DB could be the only real valiable anti-CB and the fandom is the proof.
Dan and Blair hated each other and now all of a sudden they care or love each other? OOC! > this argument is invalid. They didn’t hate each other, they were just busy and stucked in their prejudices of a UES and Brooklyn mind. They simply didn’t want to go deep…and Serena was what used to bring them together…but after 4x11 things have changed and they actually discovered they share a lot more than their love for Serena. The first GG episodes were pretty clear about it: remember the Cabbage Patch Dolls? Both Dan and Blair have one. This was the first connection that made us all think “oh wow so different yet so alike in the little things!”.
Blair is not Waldorf with him, he is a poor boy who will change her. > another invalid argument. Dan knows exactly who Blair is. She is not that terrible and she is an evil dictator of taste. Dan knows who Blair is and he is starting to like her as a person with a lot of passions and hobbies (the same of him) and he is not trying to change her and make of her a new and improved Serena. Blair is just awesome the way she is. They are both fine with one another, the banter is always refreshing, smart, they speak their minds and share opinions. I yet have to see when Dan tried to change Blair and when she was not herself around him. Actually is only positive for her to be with Dan at the moment, have you seen her smiles? With Chuck, we were barely seeing Blair’s teeth, but a lot of tears.
Blair doesn’t do Brooklyn! She looks wasted in Dan’s world! > not even sure what this point should mean. The only times I see Blair wasting herself were when she was ready to sell her body to an adult man to save her boyfriend’s hotel. (!!!). And Dan is not poor anymore. He is the ultimate insider. Rufus is married to Lily, one of the most powerful women of the UES. Dan chose to live in the loft, cause guy needs privacy,cause he didn’t want to live in NYU campus and I believe he also wants to stay feet on the ground. Dan didn’t bring Blair to Brooklyn, she often went to meet him and plot and watch movies and talk. Sure, she thinks he will be her social death, but only because she was raised to believe it and will be in denial. Blair will live this fairytale with the Prince, but I doubt she could ever establish a real connection with Louis like she did with Dan.
Dan will be the pauper turned into a prince.
TEAM PAUPER.
Source: complexgirl.tumblr.com

Dan and Blair 2 Ответы

Click here to write a response...
Больше года mimika_s said…
amazingly said
Больше года smackyy said…
smile
Well said! Dan has never done anything to hurt Blair so I don't understand the hate. You don't ship them? Fine but bashing and hating on Dair is just childish and silly.
I admit I was a Chair fan but Chuck's actions in the last episode were disgusting and I can't go back to shipping them. The dynamic between Dan and Blair is refreshing and fun to watch the writers better not let that chemistry go to waste. Dair are the new Seth and Summer!