Доктор Кто Do Ты think...

Ahthen posted on Aug 14, 2013 at 01:32PM
Do you think there are some people who watch Doctor Who, for the wrong reasons? People who watch the show or claim to watch the show but show little to none knowledge of the show and it's history. Maybe they watched it once or twice and automatically call themselves fans (not using the word I hate).

if you don't be prepared to be amazed! A girl came to my awareness claiming to be a huge (grrr) "Whovian" (damn you made me say it). She claimed to "love" Matt Smith had a sonic and everything. AND YET! she was puzzled on how there could be a 50th Anniversary for a show that "started" in 2002.

Ignorance or just a blond moment?

Доктор Кто 3 Ответы

Click here to write a response...
Больше года darange said…
i woundt be surprised if your friend didnt know about the old series, most of the people today haven't even watched the classic Doctor who, heck some havent even heard of Christopher Eccleston!
so i am not really surprised.
History lesson: the show didnt start in 2002, it started 1963 November 23, then went away in 1989, then came back in 2005 thanks to R.T. Davis , then in May of 2008, they said Stephen Moffat would take over the show. there have been 11 doctors so far and 12 is yet to come in the Christmas special (airing this year), and the 50th episode will air on the day it came out November 23ed
 i woundt be surprised if your friend didnt know about the old series, most of the people today haven'
Ahthen commented…
First of this wasn't a "friend" of mine, it was a girl in my brother's class. That's what I'm saying I feel like there are people who watch Doctor Who purely because they think it's the "nerdy" thing to do and because "nerds" are cool it Больше года
Ahthen commented…
is "cool". Больше года
Больше года Ithrenniel said…
I have just started to watch the series. I haven't watched the old ones, but I've read about them and I try to take in all information I can about the doctor-world. I would say I'm a fan -or, perhaps, on a good way of becoming one! I'm working on it! ;)

I believe you are right that some people watch Doctor Who for the reasons you mention. I know it can be hard when someone says they are a "fan" of something you just LOVE, and you know they are not a fan at all, compared to you. But keep smiling, and loving! ^^
Больше года cloudcastle said…
smile

( :

Hello Anthen . . .

One reason to watch Doctor Who could be to see the Christmas special once per year.

Hope you have a merry one ( Christmas ) this year.

( :