Гарри Поттер против Сумерек Do Ты think Harry Potter is 'sinister'?

veryDevious posted on Jun 10, 2012 at 07:28PM
I've seen various articles (mostly Christians) stating that Harry Potter is the product of Satanism and is "rotting children's minds and teaching them sorcery." Personally, I don't think people should take it so seriously. It is in the FANTASY FICTION genre after all, but no offense if you're religious and believe in that. Any thoughts?

Гарри Поттер против Сумерек 3 Ответы

Click here to write a response...
Больше года alexisn10 said…
I agree with you. Both of my parents are Christians and they think that Harry Potter is fine. The church I used to go to didn't approve of it because they said it's 'evil' and it's teaching the devil the devi's work. But the church I go to now applauds the series (one of my preists is a fan and put Half Blood Prince in his reccomended book list). Harry Potter is fiction. Rowling is not teaching us how to do witch craft. She is fully aware that magic isn't real. People need to have imaginations. It's like Christians feel like after we read Potter we'll become the antichrist or after we read Twilight we'll bite people's necks and after we read Hunger Games we'll kill twenty three people and wait for eternal glory. Christian's tend to always look on the negative side and refuse to look at the actual positive themes in the books. In Harry Potter/Hunger Games it's friendship, love, and determination. In Twilight it's true love and inner strength. It's all fiction.
Больше года cunha27 said…
Well they live in a different reality where evil witches and wizards exist for real, so I can see why for them a book aimed at children that paints magic folk as benign, good and normal would be quite objectionable. I don't mind what they think as they're entitled to their own opinions, it's when they try to impose their will on others by trying to ban HP from libraries, from being sold, etc that makes me really angry
Больше года ClaireVoyant said…
well, not for me.
couldn't careless, people have different opinion.or maybe they are just taking thing too seriously without actually reading the book? that's mostly the case like the one happen to Daniel Radcliffe when he played Equus