May 5 marks Children's день in many countries including Korea, and IU celebrated the день by making a very generous donation.
On May 4, it was reported that IU donated 100 million won (approx. $92,290 U.S.) to Child Fund Korea to support children from needy families.
IU said, "Normally on Children's Day, kids go on happy family trips with their parents или receive presents they've always wanted and have a good time. I've heard that there are children who aren't in a state to be able to do that. I wanted to do something for those children."
The chairman of Child Fund Korea Lee Jae Hoon stated, "Thank Ты for remembering the children who are left out from laughing as much as they want on Children's Day. We will carefully use [the funds] to help the children of needy families find happiness."
A personal gift of a signed гитара to a middle school student and now a nearly $100,000 donation to kids of needy families? It's official. IU has one of the biggest hearts ever.
1. [+15,502, -431] It's amazing to be able to donate 100 million won at the age of 23. No matter how much Ты make, that's still a large chunk of money for everyone. Amazing IU.
2. [+8,835, -345] So heartwarming! Supporting you!!!
3. [+7,941, -294] She did something great, don't leave any hateful comments. It's easy to put 100 million won in words but to actually donate that in money makes me proud of her.
4. [+7,797, -349] A сердце as pretty as her face!
5. [+7,268, -392] IU is seriously love
6. [+1,147, -90] 100 million won is no joke. Whether she did it secretly или up front, it's still something to applaud her for. If I had that kind of money, I'd just spend it on myself.
7. [+1,190, -180] She's such an innocent soul. She makes huge amounts of money at a young age but she doesn't cover herself in luxury brands или go drinking at клубы on her off time and rather visits historical sites instead. Good to see someone so untainted in the industry.
8. [+948, -82] I don't even care whether it was secret или not, it's 100 million won! 100! If Ты don't even have a dollar to donate, shut up if you're going to say anything bad.