Nintendo Five Избранное GameCube games?

harold posted on Feb 28, 2008 at 05:45PM
So, I realize that this is link, but I'm interested in hearing what five games unique to the GameCube you would recommend. There are a lot of games that are great on the console, but which are also available on other consoles. I'm not interested in those. I just want to hear which 5 GameCube-only games you'd recommend.

Nintendo 19 Ответы

Click here to write a response...
Больше года harold said…
Hey, is this thing on? More than 800 fans and no opinions? Wow...
Больше года maybeastarbucks said…
I read this, but I don't have a top five... never really got into the Gamecube madness. The only two I ever really played were Super Smash Bros. Melee and Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Больше года PkmnTrainerJ said…
link

I wrote that a while back and though it contain some multi-platform games (Beyond Good & Evil, Prince Of Persia, Resident Evil & Sonic Heroes) so if you took out those four you could easily see my top six, knock the bottom one off (Pokémon Colosseum) and my top five are:

5 - Pikmin 2
4 - Wind Waker
3 - Mario Party 6
2 - Mario Kart: Double Dash
1 - Super Smash Bros. Melee
Больше года harold said…
Cool; thanks. I read a lot how people don't like Wind Waker, but it was one of the only two games I tried before getting the system, and I loved the art style. But then, Monkey Island 3 is my favourite, too.

I love how the price for Super Smash Bros. Melee hasn't come down hardly at all, as it is still so much in demand.
Больше года Zerstoren said…
Well most of my favorites are already listed so I'd just have to say:
Pikmin
Sonic Adventure 1 & Sonic Adventure 2:Battle (I realize theyre available on Dreamcast but.. no one played that for very long)
last edited Больше года
Больше года Cinders said…
So I'm assuming if these are your top five games, you'd link? J and Zerstoren, how is Pikmin 2 different and/or better than Pikmin? I played Pikmin a long time ago and recall it being very interesting. I own all the rest mentioned here...

I thought about getting Prince of Persia too. Which specific ones would you recommend because there are a couple?
last edited Больше года
Больше года MarioParty6Fan said…
Mario Party 6 & Super Monkey ball 1 & 2. There alot more but those are too.
Больше года Zerstoren said…
Pikmin 2 is very similar to Pikmin 1, if you liked the first you'll really like 2 as well
Больше года dazl said…
5)Luigi's Mansion- Big Luigi Fan. Kinda short, but still good fun and refreshingly different.
4)Super Mario Sunshine- Like Mansion, but better longevity
3)Wind Waker- Still can't believe people don't like this. One of the best Zelda's I have played.
2)Animal Crossing- Bloody addictive.
1)Super Smash Bros Melee- Cartoon characters kicking seven shades out of each other with no holds barred? Years of entertainment!
Больше года KiteRoxUrSox777 said…
Hmmm... I'd have to say Phantasy Star Online and Super Smash Bros Melee. Other ones I don't care for... Although, I haven't really played many GameCube games due to the fact that I DON'T HAVE ONE!!! NOOO!!! T.T
Больше года harold said…
Cinders, I can answer your Prince of Persia question, since I've played all the games on other platforms and I really don't think there is a substantive difference in them from one console to another.

You definitely want to play Prince of Persia: the Sands of Time (first in the new series). You may want to play Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (third in the new series) and the original Prince of Persia (though that's an old PC game, not on any console), but definitely avoid Prince of Persia: the Two Thrones (the second in the new series), as it is execrable, with a big focus on repetitive fighting, hard driving metal music, and anachronistic zombie women in leather fetish outfits.

That game (the two thrones) has a similar feel to what I imagine playing a Chevy truck commercial would do.
Больше года PkmnTrainerJ said…
I dunno harold, I thoroughly enjoyed all of the new Prince Of Persia games, but I would rank them in the order you did. Though Two Thrones is actually the third one, whereas Warrior Within comes second. I think I immersed myself into the storyline of the games and cared a little less about the gameplay when Two Thrones came along anyways.

The Dahaka is still one of my favourite villains.
Больше года harold said…
Yes, I was at a shop this evening and saw that I got the names reversed.
Больше года coolguy7003 said…
5-mario party 7 4-donkey konga 3-super smash bros. melee 2-pikmin 1-METAL GEAR SOLID the twin snakes
Больше года harold said…
I'm with you, dazl - I played a little bit of Wind Waker years ago in a store and LOVED it. I just got it used recently and was immediately absorbed again. I love how the first part of the game you aren't even in the green outfit!

Edit: ooh, Donkey Konga! How did I forget that? It was one of the reasons I wanted the console originally! The MGS games aren't unique to the GC, though.
last edited Больше года
Больше года RainbowGeek819 said…
WIND WAKER! IT IS SOO GOOD!

AND 4 SWORDS!..then....

Super Smash Bros Melee

then...

Animal Crossing...

then..

Luigi masison

Больше года PrinceKiseki said…
I refuse to order them:
Luigi's Mansion