Spider-Man Amazing disappointment.

joe-kerr posted on Jul 01, 2012 at 09:23PM
Please tell me I'm not the only one who felt cheated by this reboot. Replacing the villain and the girlfriend isn't how you remake a movie, especially not a superhero movie.

I hope Marvel buys back the movie rights from Sony ASAP and gives us that one good faithful Spider Man movie I've been waiting for.

Spider-Man 7 Ответы

Click here to write a response...
Больше года joe-kerr said…
angry
Even more frustrating is the fact that the movie is actually getting good reviews. I mean these guys couldn't NOT have read Spider Man as a child. Why do they like this movie so much is beyond me.
Больше года Kallm3k9 said…
Its better than sam ramis version. This film is also the closest thing to a good spiderman movie out so far, may not be the best or go by the comics ( what comic based movie does?) but its the best we have considering the fact that the other last 3 spiderman movies sucked and was even more of a disappointment for fans who love spiderman and his comics. I enjoyed the reboot fairly enough to want to see a sequel.
Better than Raimi's for sure. No arguments there. Better cast too. But what about the story?

This franchise needs a better director. Definitely not Webb whose only other picture is a gloomy romance.

You know, when I saw the "Don't dress like a car thief" scene in the trailer, I thought this movie would actually have Spidey's characteristic taunts. Turns out there were only two scenes like that. Also, the action sequences were mediocre and far too short.

I thing the Avengers has raised the bar for superhero movies pretty high and by those standards, this one was not even close.

Peace.
last edited Больше года
Больше года dice_911 said…
smile
i feel tht the new movie wasnt a remake but a kind of "different" dimension story besides the movie.... it suits spidey more bcoz of the trash talk and the actor himself has some kind of charisma that suits him to be the perfect peter parker besides in the originals you'd feel that spidey was nothin but SERIOUS while spiderman has always been known for his smack talk
Больше года DR76 said…
I am one who definitely feel that "THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN" WAS NOT better than any of the Sam Rami films. Not by a long shot. I would rank "TASM" with "SPIDER-MAN 1" from 2002. But in my eyes, "SPIDER-MAN 2" and even the much disliked "SPIDER-MAN 3" were better.

I'm still flabbergasted that anyone would believe that this was better than any of the Rami films. Oh well. To each his or her own.
last edited Больше года
Больше года NewAkmal said…
hmmm
Replacing the girlfriend? What the hell? Gwen Stacy was Peter's first true love. Replacing the villain? Um, The Lizard came before The Green Goblin. If you wanted the same villain and same girlfriend, than you should have hoped for a remake instead, because a reboot uses a totally different script writing as they are starting fresh. A remake, however, is people continuing ti try to use the same old formula over and over again....
Okay, I obviously did not make myself clear. It's not that a don't like Gwen or The Lizard. But from a strictly technical point of view, they were replacements. At least in the movie universe. I know that in the comics they came first. I wasn't hoping for the same old characters. If you read my earlier posts on this club, I was actually quite excited about this movie and Gwen.

What I'm trying to say is that the story was exactly the same as Spider-Man. I do know the difference between a remake and a reboot. Now if you want to appreciate a GOOD reboot, try Batman Begins.

Again, great acting, great casting and what not. But where was the freaking story?

Peace.
last edited Больше года