Офис Is The American Version Better Than The British One?

tamage27 posted on Jan 28, 2009 at 04:29PM
I think the first few american series were two similar now it is just class beause it is doing its own thing.

Офис 10 Ответы

Click here to write a response...
Больше года smoore23 said…
No, I don't think it's better. Like you said, they're two different shows at this point. Season 1 of the American version was probably fairly similar. I think the British version is more consistently funny, but I do enjoy the added drama element of the American version.
Больше года hiraxm said…
I have only seen the first season of the bbc version. IT was very good and a lot of the stories are similar. I do believe that the american cast and writers bring something new to the show and do enjoy that one more. I believe the language and culture differences have something to do with it .
Больше года snoznoodle said…
heart
There's definitely a huge difference. The British Office is such classic British humour which get's me every single time I watch it. It's such a classic.
But I think the British couldn't have lasted like the American has because after a while everything would get so embarrassing and awkward it'd be annoying. The American's truly become it's own and man it's so good.
Больше года Office_001 said…
I have tried to watch the British Office but I found it annoying and not funny.
Больше года Mr_Poop said…
laugh
I think they're different. I love how The American version has explored the characters more and come up with its own. It's all very loosely based, in the end. And I love how the fly-on-the-wall style has descended into absolute absurdity. Like Pam and Jim staying at Dwight's farm; Pam getting up in the middle of the night to investigate a weird noise, camera crew close behind :D

I'm in love with this series though, accidentally saw it on someone's satelite TV and got hooked. Still have season 5 and 6 to see but can't find them anywhere.
Больше года alesegura said…
monkey
ok well ive never seen the british office but i i dont know why i think the alerican office is better maybe the actors idk
Больше года MrsRook said…
The American version on NBC blows the UK BBC version out of the water. The BBC version is not funny, and the man who plays Michael is painful to watch - unfunny, poor comedic timing, and bad teeth -sorry. This is just like every other UK show that we remake, we do it better.

Больше года smoore23 said…
Well I wouldn't say that, MrsRook, I think it all depends on your sense of humor. The British version is *much* dryer, which is not something that everyone likes. I would not say that the US version is better than the UK version. I'd say that it's different. It has really become its own show and is no longer really anything like the UK version.
Больше года Autofire said…
I agree with smoore23. MrsRook, I think your outlook is a bit monocultural, and how can you refer to Ricky Gervais as "the guy who plays Michael", when the Michael is based on David Brent? Furthermore Ricky Gervais is brilliant. I watched the British the Office from the beginning, before the American version was out and it took me a while to warm to the American version, but after a while I started liking the American series more than original BBC one. I think Season 3 is my favorite. This season however, I think The Office has gone overboard and become too crazy and comical and is not it's old self.
Больше года snoznoodle said…
I'm pretty torn between both the shows. I think the British show really is comedic genius. David Brent is such an amazing (would you believe it, kind of realistic) hilarious character and I swear I know 4 or 5 people who are exactly the same as Garath.

But I'm definitely way more emotionally attached to the US version. The UK has it's heartwarming moments which are quite sweet, but the US seems to have perfected that mixture of incredibly funny and also really touching. Like I said in my last post the UK humour is dryer and more awkward and because of that it couldn't last as long as the US show has. It's too dry and awkward, eventually you'll just get sick of it. But the US has played down that style of humour which I don't think makes it as funny as the UK but it's got it's own genre now.

As you can see I've thought about it a lot. And can I just add if you do think one show is better than the other, please don't start insulting the other. Fans who are genuinely torn between the two don't want to hear insults of either shows. I honestly love them both and I really hate it when people don't give the shows the credit they deserve.