Настоящая кровь Too adult?

hallemay550 posted on Oct 06, 2008 at 07:24AM
I was just wondering what everyone thought the minimum age that you should be to watch this show? It looks pretty mature, but I just wanted to know the minimum age you should be to watch this...

Thanks so much!

Настоящая кровь 40 Ответы

Click here to write a response...
Больше года Meganj15 said…
I'm 17. Its a bit graphic but I like it.
Больше года vampirewench said…
Definetly for adults only!!!!!
Больше года hallemay550 said…
Like what age minimum? Fourteen, fifteen... I just want to know.
Больше года Meganj15 said…
I depends on the person really. The first and second episodes are probably like 15's but, in my opinion, I think that 3,4 and 5 are ok for a little bit younger, say 13/14.
Thanks tons =)
Больше года latinlover said…
i watch it but i dnt let my bro and sis watch it its too mature for them to watch as i am 15 and they are 9 and 7
Well that's understandable. I want other opinions too, so thanks :-)
Больше года la_bomba29 said…
Not a show to watch with the whole family..this definitely would have given me nightmares when if I was younger.
Define younger (what age?).
Больше года ebathory said…
Eh, 15 maybe? I don't know what it's rated, but I'd be thinking a healthy MA (15+) would be appropriate. Or, if you're easily offended or don't like sex or violence, maybe R (18+)? It's really not that graphic in my opinion compared to some other shows I've seen, I'm 24 but I would have enjoyed this show probably from the age of about 13 or so but everyone is different so it just depends on your own personal sensibilities.
Thanks, I really appreciate you guys taking your time to help me :-)
Больше года ebathory said…
How come you want to know?
I was actually really just curious. I wanted to see if other people thought it actually should be rated MA, because a lot of times things are rated for older people, and they end up not being as graphic as their rating. I've just learned that from experience, so I just wanted to see if it was the same for True Blood, too.
Больше года ky02121 said…
This show is not for kids. There's lots of nudity,language and violence.
Больше года AreYouSure said…
I'm 14 and I watch it.. I watch it with my 19 year old sister... We just laugh about most of the stuff.. I think it depends on how you were raised.. and what your allowed to watch. Its def. not a family show.. I know whats right from wrong and I wouldn't think kids my age should watch it ,but now a days kids seen and know everything its kinda nuts.. Overall I watch it for the humor and also the vampire part.. I'm waiting for Twilight and this keeps the time passing....
last edited Больше года
LOL, I can't wait for Twilight either :-)
Больше года AreYouSure said…
^ Yay! haha, I'm buying midnight tickets tonight!! I'm like super excited! :)
Midnight tickets tonight? It doesn't come out till November 24, I thought?

I know it's going to be sold out for the longest time... I can only hope I get some tickets early, and don't have to stand in the aisle for the entire movie like I had to do for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix :-P
Больше года judesmommy said…
I would say this show should be thought of like a rated R film. With all the language, violence and strong sexual content, parents should decide whether or not their teens (and younger for some it seems) should see this show.
Больше года lola323 said…
I'm 18 and I love the show...It definitely should be rated TV-MA esp. with all that nudity (Jason's character makes this show TV-MA..hahah)...Actually, it depends how mature you are to watch this show...I think 14 and older...cuz its not like they haven't seen this kinda stuff before.
Thanks guys :-) This is basically just my curiosity and wondering, so thanks for answering :-)
Больше года megloveskyle said…
w/e the age to see rated r movies is in your country should be the appropraite age. I believe it's 17 here in the United States. But my personal opinion is 18.
Thanks.
Больше года Bedward4lyf said…
im 14 && i watch it. i love it. but i when some innappropite sceens come on i turn the tv off untill its over.
Больше года obsessedwithmd said…
i'm forteen and i have seen worse but i guess it doesn't bug me but it would freak out my friends. i am addicted to this show nothing could keep me away!
Больше года Ashleigh89 said…
I'm sixteen and always watched things like this since i was younger, 13 or so, but of course i won't invite my mum to watch it with me
Больше года indigo_ozz said…
Send the kids to watch twilight, True Blood is for grown ups.
Больше года youngblood said…
well, i'm 13 right now and i like the show. yeah, i know that due to my age seems like i shouldn't be watching it, but it really depends on how you live, what you know and your experiences, you know? to see if you really are mature enough for the stuff. like i knew about everything when i was about 7 years old. none of the content is really a suprize to me.
Больше года obsessedwithmd said…
see i agree with you youngblood!! if you can handle what you are watching then you should be able to watch it. i know i really don't mind. i never really have. some people my age would find it gross or perverted but i love it and understand it better then them. i don't let people tell me what to do!!
last edited Больше года
Больше года youngblood said…
'i don't let people tell me what to do!!'
yay, love ur attitude on it obsessedwithmd! i don't let people tell me what to do! i would hate to live without my independence. in fact i rather not live at all if i had to live without it...:(
Haha, you guys sound cool :-)
Больше года anicad said…
I'm 21, i like it really.. Though it would be uncomfortable to watch such series with my brothers and sister around. I am from the Philippines, i think the series should be strictly 18 and above. Good thing there are some cut when they played it here in Cinemax, i watched it on DVD and there's more than what underage should see.
Больше года kotopoulaki said…
blush
i know it for adults only but i'm 13 and i feel comfortable seeing it!i didn't know how it was when i download it and then i liked it! i just saw it was about vampires and downloaded it!i liked it that much that i saw all the episds of s01 in 2 days!

i think is about the person and how u r raised!i've seen worse!
when a vampire dies it's a little gross but i'm an Bones obsessed(the tv series) , so......
minimun?14!for kids used 2 things like that!i think !
last edited Больше года
Больше года adwbuffy said…
Well, I was seventeen when first watch this show. But now 18 it is too graphic for other viewers to watch the show unless there acting mature about the sex scenes. Overall its pretty graphic with blood and gory parts in the show.
Больше года H2o_James said…
well i think anyone could watch it depends on wat u view to be bad or to mature showing sex to kids isnt a bad thing i know my kids are gonna be shielded from sex because its wat makes us they will know they cnt do it intill there like 16 as long as they dont tell me
Больше года wolfblade87 said…
big smile
Do you know I'm only 12? Anyone can watch true blood as long there is no malice but when my older sister saw me watching this she got really mad. I don't know why, she said "why are you watching shows like this?! Do you know this show is for adults only?!" I got really frustrated by that so I secretly bought a DVD, HAHA! now, I can watch it all by myself...

-wolfblade87
Больше года kkcfisher05 said…
smile
In my own opinion, I wouldn't let either of my children watch this show until they were either 17 or 18 years old....Although, like someone said earlier, it's not like kids haven't seen this stuff before?! If I knew that they were mature enough to watch it, I might say as young as 16, but no younger. Not without my permission, anyways.
Больше года MrsMarni said…
Personally I don't think there should be a minimum age, I understand that it is graphic but if parents don't want their kids to see it then they should set parental controls. The books are really graphic as well so in that respect it is a good portrayal of CH's vision in the book, also they warn before the show starts that there is sexual scenes and nudity. Its no worse then some TV shows on prime time tv these days, it just shows more body parts.
Больше года OceanCoast said…
Yeah, I think the HBO label alone is self explanatory for the content thats involved. I have never seen a HBO original drama that hasen't made me blush at some point (and i'm pretty thick-skinned when it comes to most graphic content).

My sister is 12 and she's been wanting to watch it because of the whole vampire fad, but I personally would feel extremely awkward watching it with her. Especially the second season because I'm not even sure if she knows what an orgy is :D.
Больше года oluosuere said…
I definetly think this show should be for 18's and over because from what we have seen so far is nothing compared from what we are going to see in the future, like even season 2 started off very graphic with the orgies.