Twenty One Pilots twenty one pilots Q%A

juliettejaksch posted on Mar 09, 2017 at 06:36PM
Hi guys! I am a college student and am doing a report on bands and their subcultures! I chose one of my faves 21 pilots! While I love their music, I want to get an inside look on the awesome super fans of T.O.P.!

If your interested in answering and sharing your love for them, please answer the questions in the order written. and leaver your name or alias.

1.What is your favorite part about watching this band live?

2. How old were you when you started listening to 21 pilots, and how did you here about them?

3. What makes 21 pilots your favorite band?

4. What do you think sets them apart from other bands of their genre?

5. Other than attending concerts, what do T.O.P fans do to stay connected?

6. What song means the most to you, and why?

7. When did your love for 21 Pilot go from just a normal enjoyed band, to your number 1 favorite?

8. What makes 21 pilots fans different from other music fans?

9. How often and how do 21 pilots fans get together?

10. What makes the fandom so enjoyable for you guys?

11. Having to do with 21 Pilots, what is the most memorable moment for you?

12. What are some ways you can show your support to twenty one pilots?

13. Who is your favorite band member?

14. What is the significance of the red beanies you can see the band and fans wearing at the show?

Twenty One Pilots 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
Больше года BennieBear27 said…
(Sorry this is so long, I over analyze stuff.)

This awesome! Sure, I'll help! Just a quick word of advice: It's Twenty One Pilots, not 21 Pilots. The band themselves have said this. That and the clique will tear you apart if they see you saying 21 Pilots. If Twenty One Pilots is too long then just say TØP.

1.What is your favorite part about watching this band live?

I went to a concert back in January and the best part was the energy. Everyone in the audience was singing along to every word. Hell, the first song they preformed was Blurryface's part of Fairly Local. Literally everyone in the crowd was singing word for word before they even got to "this song". You could tell how much fun everyone was having. And then there was Tyler and Josh. Josh backflipped off the piano and Tyler was jumping around basically the entire time. Oh and they crowd surfed. Multiple times. At one point it was in a hamster ball because...Tyler and Josh.

Yeah, everyone should be able to go to a TØP concert.

2. How old were you when you started listening to Twenty One Pilots, and how did you here about them?

Haven't even been listening to them for a year yet but....I'm still obsessed. Obviously, there was the big blow up of Stressed Out but I didn't get into them until I heard Ride and played it at camp. Actually, I didn't get into them until Pandora was like "Yo, have Tear in My Heart and Message Man!" Fast forward a week and a half later and these two boys are gods to me,

3. What makes Twenty One Pilots your favorite band?

Everything.

-The music. The way they make their music is just so beautiful. In many songs, you have this happy, upbeat sound to it but the lyrics are almost always deep or dark or depressing and cover some pretty dark topics that other artists don't. It gives it a cool dynamic, you can listen to a song like Migraine and just enjoy it for the upbeat feel or you can listen to the lyrics and really get a picture painted (which was kinda the point 'Let me paint a mental picture portrait')

-Tyler and Josh. Gods, beans, two guys who I might have more respect for than anyone else in the universe. Role models. Oh and their just really funny and I think they're overall pretty cool. Favorite and or not.

-The Clique. Oh, the skeleton clique. Basically my second family. I have yet to come across a bad apple in you. Apparently even the clique on Tumblr is nice! Tumblr, dammit! But seriously, this is one of the best fandoms I've ever been a part of. We all share at least one thing in common, our love for this band. Plus isn't it cool how Tyler came up with the name? I think it is.

4. What do you think sets them apart from other bands of their genre?

They don't have a genre. Twenty One Pilots is a beautiful blend of every genre on earth. I think that's really what sets them apart from other bands. Most people put them in Alt Rock, which I guess works, but the amount of different genres and influences you can hear spanning over their 4 albums isn't really incredible.

5. Other than attending concerts, what do TØP fans do to stay connected?

Social media. Lots of social media. I haven't even had Instagram for a week yet and I've already found who-knows-how-many fan accounts dedicated to fanart, the clique, everything. Just...the internet is basically the cliques best fren.

6. What song means the most to you, and why?

Thing about this question is that every song is so jam-packed with meaning that it's really hard to answer. Although for some songs the meaning is easier to make out than others. Like how Tear In My Heart is definitely about Jenna, Tyler's wife and how much he loves her and all that beautiful stuff (I'm sorry, I ship it.) whereas Addict With A Pen is basically just one big metaphor for you make your own meaning for.

7. When did your love for Twenty One Pilots go from just a normal enjoyed band, to your number 1 favorite?

About a week and a half after I first got into them. I think it's because there's just something about the band that makes it so easy to get pulled in and fall in love with the music (and possibly Tyler and Josh)

8. What makes Twenty One Pilots fans different from other music fans?

I'm quoting Josh here: 'The impact [we] have on each other.' There's always something that can connect TØP fans. Whether it be our love for the music, the band or how it's helped some of us get through some pretty messed up stuff, it doesn't matter. We all connect with each other.
The clique is known to be a very passionate fanbase, always creating new fan art, always talking about this or that, supporting the band no matter what. I think that's good answer.

9. How often and how do Twenty One Pilots fans get together?

Outside of concerts, I'm not quite sure to be honest. I don't get out much. :T

10. What makes the fandom so enjoyable for you guys?

-I get to fan girl over Tyler and Josh all I want.
-The inside jokes are everywhere.
-Everyone here is really nice and welcoming for the most part.
-You can make new frens to talk to and relate to and be there for.
-Other stuff, these are my favorite reasons. Especially the fangirling part.

11. Having to do with Twenty One Pilots, what is the most memorable moment for you?

...."My marriage with Jenna is just a coverup for my and Josh's relationship" -Tyler Jospeh.

I'm kidding. I'd say my entire concert.

12. What are some ways you can show your support to Twenty One Pilots?

BUY THE MUSIC
SHOUT LYRICS AT THE TØP OF YOUR LUNGS AT ANY TIME
SHOW YOUR FRIENDS THEM
HOT TOPIC
THE ACTUALLY TØP MERCH STORE
FANGIRL
BUYYYY LE MUSIC

13. Who is your favorite band member?

One does not simply pick between Tyler Jospeh and Josh Dun. They are equal in every way.

14. What is the significance of the red beanies you can see the band and fans wearing at the show?

Oh, the red beanies! I own one! I'm actually wearing it right now.

Anyway....the red beanie started out as a part of Blurryface's outfit. If you don't know who Blurryface is, he is a personification of everything Tyler is insecure about. Tyler spent a lot of time "getting to know" Blurryface and decided that blue wouldn't exist in his work and Blurryface would wear mostly red and black, thumb the red beanie. Fans wear it to show their love for the band and the album also named Blurryface and have sort of adopted it as their own, making it a trademark fashion choice of the Clique.

I hope this helped and good luck on your paper. I'm not comfortable putting my name hear, so I'll put down a nickname between me and my fren.

Stay Alive, Stay Street |-/
-Pixel Ghost
last edited Больше года
2ntyOnePilots commented…
BEST answer, (thou only) Ты covered it all! I definitely relate to this.., and as for inside jokes.... we could call these Вопросы FAQs couldn’t we? XD ;) FaIrLy AtHeTiC QuAiLs? Больше года