Critical Analysis of Bella лебедь A Simple Debate: Who Do Ты Think Is еще Problematic: Bella или Jacob?

sapherequeen posted on Mar 24, 2010 at 08:21PM
Did you think Bella was wrong by becoming friends and later on romantically involved with Jacob Black, then simply pushing him away immediately after Edward Cullen returns? Or do you think it's Jacob's fault for continuing to love Bella, constantly pursue her despite her protests (even kissing her forcefully during one occurrence), and...as some say, acting like a jerk?

Did Ты think Bella was wrong by becoming Друзья and later on romantically involved with Jacob Black

Critical Analysis of Bella лебедь 4 Ответы

Click here to write a response...
Больше года sapherequeen said…
smile
I may have dramatized my speech above, I was just trying to summarize some Twilight fans' and haters' feelings on why they dislike Jacob and/or Bella.

If I were to choose a side, it would be Jacob's. I don't think Bella used him...but she has clearly mistreated him a couple times. While Edward was away, Bella and Jacob became best friends and inseparable. Over time, both...perhaps mainly Jacob...developed romantic feelings towards each other. Then, the minute Alice comes and tells Bella about Edward and the Volturi, Jacob is pushed to the side.

I'll explicate my points more if someone wants me to...
Больше года katiecain said…
Bella's dependence on others is the problem, IMO. If she wasn't so dependent, she wouldn't have been so depressed in NM, and therefore probably wouldn't have been so close to Jacob. And Jacob can't help how he feels. I don't approve of his actions but he was in a desperate situation. His actions were all about keeping Bella alive, not being with her. She was about to turn herself into his enemy. To quote Stephenie: 'He has one goal and one hope. His goal is to save Bella's life. His hope is that he'll win her heart in the process. He fails at both. But that doesn't mean he regrets trying. If he could do it over again, he'd do the same thing. Jacob couldn't live with himself if he didn't give saving Bella his best effort—he knows it's going to hurt when he loses, but he knows it would hurt worse if he didn't try. Does he do everything right? Heck, no! But he's sixteen and he's making it up as he goes along. Those who are upset by some of his tactics should consider his youth and the fact that he is, after all, right. Bella is in love with him. (In the end, it's truly healthier for her to be aware of this as she goes forward with unalterable decisions.)'

:)
last edited Больше года
Больше года 14jcub said…
meh
i like jacob and i completely agree with katie clain and i think that bella kind of lead him on
Больше года mrstomlinson91 said…
Bella. It was cruel to lead him on, then ditch him when Fairy Boy came back.