Harper's Island Which character/s do Ты think were the smartest during the final acts?

MLipps posted on Mar 11, 2010 at 06:35PM
Some may not understand the way I worded the question, it's kind of confusing, so I'll just give an example.

I think Henry, Trish, Abby, Jimmy, Danny, Sully, and Shane because they were always carrying around guns with them and stuck together. Those are key moves to surviving a horror movie or at least making it really far.

Harper's Island 4 Ответы

Click here to write a response...
Больше года cassie_volk said…
hmmm
To be honest, I don’t think many of them were that smart. Especially in the final episodes. Some were quite BRAVE but not smart. (Like, for example, Shane was brave fighting Wakefield but his knife was less than half the size of Wakefield’s so that’s not really SMART. And of course no one thought to SHOOT Wakefield. Geniuses!)

But in the last episodes there was just so, so much stupidity. For example, when you’re out in the woods and you don’t have anything else to ‘handcuff’ Wakefield with the belts are fine but when you get to the jail GET SOMETHING ELSE. Sully found the key to the ammo locker. All police precincts either keep extra handcuffs OR these special plastic ties that lock around wrists and have to be cut off. They keep them in the ammo locker which also holds all other manners of police supplies. Now, they had the damn stungun. Why not stun him and put on a pair of handcuffs or the ties? I mean, leather belts? You can definitely wiggle out of those. No brainer. So, it was their stupidity that lead to his escape, Danny’s death and to have Trish and Sully die the way they did.

As for Trish…when a killer is stalking you and your loved ones during the time of your wedding you should note that putting on your wedding dress is signing your own death warrant. Thanks.

And Sully…ALWAYS CHECK YOUR GUNS. I don’t care if your elderly grandmother was the only other one in the room with you, you always check your gun to make sure that it has ammo and hasn’t been fucked around with. Better safe than sorry and in these things damn killers are sneaky suckers.

I know you didn’t really ask who was the DUMBEST but I can’t think of really many smart people during this whole thing. Brave, definitely. But not that smart. They all made classic mistakes, split up too much, ran around aimlessly and ignored the obvious signs of who the killer was. (I mean, sure, I guessed Henry in the first episode and figured out Wakefield was alive around episode three but SRSLY people, there was so much evidence that it was Henry how could they NOT know it?)
Больше года energizerbunny said…
^^I do agree but you have to understand that these people were in stressful situations when you catch a killer I don't think that your thinking too much about how to tie him up, you just want to get him in jail, and plus since henry was the accomplice he probably convinced them to do some of those stupid things to help his dad out....I agree that they shouldn't of split up and with some other things you mentioned....but why would sully think that his gun was empty, henry was his bestfriend he wouldn't think that henry would unload his gun, and about trish wearing her wedding dress, unless she's superstitious she wouldn't think that putting on her wedding dress would cause her death ...I wouldn't call them stupid, just scared...
Больше года cassie_volk said…
^^ There are levels of stupid. There is stupid that is blatantly obvious and stupid that is ‘I just didn’t think about it’ kind of stupid. While one you can actually consider a downfall the other is something we all experience daily so you can’t really judge based upon it. Did I think Trish KNEW that it would be a bad thing to put on her wedding dress? Of course not. But you have to think that it was pretty dumb to put on her wedding dress in the middle of the mayhem. It was just pointless to do and until you are safely off of the island you shouldn’t assume that you can let your guard down. Which also applies to Sully. Like I said, obviously Wakefield is a sneaky sucker. And he KNEW that Wakefield had an accomplice. Yes, I get not suspecting your best friend specifically but in situations like that everyone is a suspect so you just have to be as cautious as possible and just double check your gun. You can even do it casually if you want to not insult who you’re with. I mean, like I said, even check your gun if the only other person in your room is your elderly grandmother. Better safe than sorry.
Больше года alirioaguero2 said…
smile
In some way, Shea was the smartest. She primarly cared about herself and Madison, didn't stick her head for anyone and she managed to survive. I mean, people may call her useless, hartless or whatever, but her approach was obviously good in staying alive.