Гарри Поттер Half Blood Prince Postponed?!

shieldmaiden posted on Aug 15, 2008 at 05:46AM
So as many of you have already heard, or will hear now, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince has been tragically postponed until July 17, 2009. Oh and you want to know the reason? Well take a look right here at this wonderful paragraph or two pulled straight from Yahoo.

The move was made to take advantage of an open weekend in Hollywood's busy summer season, said Alan Horn, Warner Bros. president and chief operating officer. The film had been on schedule, and the change was not due to any production snags, he said.

"The picture is completely, absolutely, 100 percent on schedule, on time. There were no delays," Horn told The Associated Press. "I've seen the movie. It is fabulous. We would have been perfectly able to have it out in November."

So the reason behind the postponement? More box office sales. That's right. Oh sure the movie's all set to go, but let's make those rabid, desperate Harry Potter fans wait for practially another year for their next installment in the film franchise. This completely and utterly disgusts me. Please post your rants, various plans of revenge onl WB execs, and other various forms of unhappiness (or possibly happiness) on this extremely depressing news. Now if you'll excuse me, I must go crawl into a corner and huddle in a fetal position while I go through Harry Potter withdrawal.
last edited on Aug 15, 2008 at 05:47AM

Гарри Поттер 22 Ответы

Click here to write a response...
Больше года ceo07 said…
lol i agree that is stupid that they have postponed the release of Harry potter for more box office sales but i guess i will have to be patient ( i guess i have Twilight though)
Больше года -SarahRaRaRa- said…
Next July!NEXT BLEEDIN' JULY?!!? Oh.My.God,I could have handelled it being push back by a few weeks...a month at the most,BUT EIGHT MONTHS!!!What the hell am I going to do till then???That is bullsh*t!=(
Больше года cheergeek said…
you should of heard my scream when I heard this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now all I have to watch this winter is BLOODY TWILIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!

*But I do have to agree, HP is a money maker, and they DO make more money in the summer.
last edited Больше года
Больше года XpsychotickissX said…
when my mom told me, i seriously went into shcok, i couldnt speak for about 5 minutes, i couldnt believe it until i got on here & saw it was true.

THIS IS HORRIBLE!!! WHAT DID I EVER DO TO THESE PEOPLE TO MAKE THEM HATE ME SO MUCH?!?!?!?!?!?! WHY OH WHY?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is utterly & completely disgusting
Больше года monique2993 said…
W.B. should be ashamed of themselves! Making us wait another 8 MONTHS!! When my sister and I found out the news we where REALLY ANNOYED!! If the movie was released in November, there would have already been a 15 MONTH gap between the OTP and HBP movies, which is long enough! Now it'll be a 24 MONTH gap (2 Years!):( I'm not sure how i am going to survive these next 11 MONTHS but re-reading the books may sooth some of the pain! Excuse me now while I go and start Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone(for the 5th time)!
last edited Больше года
Больше года iluvtheoffice12 said…
wel this fukin sux ya im pisd i meen i no they need to make mny but CMON and i thnk wat we shd do is (i no this is gna sound reely crazy to wait even longa) but nun of us shud c it until u dnt hav to pay for it thtll show them like wait till u can get it of the intanet or atleest til u can rent it tht way they dont get as mch mny
Больше года twifanpire said…
What!!?? That SUCKS.I was very anxious before I saw this because I couldn't even wait til November to watch it, and now we're supposed to wait even more?? A YEAR?? Just so they can make more money in the summer?? I think that fans would've watched the movie anyways, even if it DID come out this November(like it should have)!!!This is just ridiculous!! I think they are actually sort of... afraid that Twilight might beat Harry Potter. But if it did, who cares? I think they are both great, and I can't wait to see both of them. This postponing thing is completely UNNECESSARY. A COMPLETE LOAD OF RUBBISH!!
Больше года ltlsky489 said…
I didn't believe it when my mom told me she heard it on the radio I had to go to mugglenet.com and see for myself and then when I saw it was true I was soo sad and upset i went and vented to my dad and my mom and then my sister when she got home. WB said that didn't have another family movie ready for next summer but in my opinion harry potter isn't really a family movie I mean I wouldn't take a six or seven year older to see it. SO I think that they should just release it in November and work harder on their other movies.
Больше года jess_cymru said…
thats a load of f'in shit i am not be in funny that is just greedy and the guy actually rubs our faces in it by saying he has seen it and it is amazing what a cock. rrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!
they better not postponed the deathly hallows flims for this what a disgrace!!!!
Больше года PamHalpert454 said…
Your kidding? I was just reading in Entertainment magazine its coming out in November, I am so sad.
Больше года caintil31 said…
I just read that Twilight is going to be released earlier on 11/21/08, which is when HBP was supposed to be released. Does anyone else find this a bit fishy besides me?
Больше года layla_14 said…
I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS, I THINK THAT HARRY POTTER WILL MAKE MORE MONEY ANYWAY, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHEN IT COMES OUT! PEOPLE WILL STILL GO AND SEE IT, NOWE ALL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR, WTF? THIS CAN'T HAPPEN, IT LOOKS SO GOOD AND I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO IT AS WELL!!!!!!!!
Больше года harpyr said…
Check out the HOWLER campaign in the links section folks! Let's let Warner Bros know how furious we are.
Больше года HarryPotterFan said…
Greedy b****rds. I am UTTERLY outraged.
It would have taught Warner Bros a lesson if everyone boycotted the film and they made a substantial loss, but alas that will not happen as die hard fans, including myself, desperately need to see the film no matter how badly we're treated.

The only small consolation I have is the fact Twilight will be coming out earlier.
Больше года jess_welsh said…
GREEDY ASSHOLES!!!
I AGREE WITH LAYLA_14 NO MATTER WAT TIME IT IS RELEASED THE SAME PEOPLE WILL GO SEE IT AND THE GUY SAYS "I HAVE SEEN THE FLIM. IT IS FABULOUS"
WELL IF IT IS RELEASE IT ON THE DAY IT IS MEANT TO BE REALESED DICKHEAD!!!
JUTS RUB IT IN WHY DNT U????
Больше года emma-jeff said…
I try and look on the bright side, at least we'll appreciate it more. Plus thank god for the guys at summett for releasing Twilight earlier!!!
Больше года leah120492 said…
its not fair that harry potter is gunna be out a year later!!! but after it comes out we dont have to wait as long 4 the final film!!!!! im glad that there is twilight though !!! :D
Больше года twilightaddict said…
You know what?? All of you Harry Potter fans that like the Twilight Saga more power to you! But all the other ones that hate Twilight, Twilight is wonderful. Harry Potter needs more in the romance department for my tastes. The only reason I even bother watching the movies is for Voldemort. I'm happy Twilight will come out sooner, but I will be going to see Harry Potter along with the rest of you in July, I'm just not anywhere near as excited
Больше года shieldmaiden said…
Gag. I really do not like Twilight. Read the books, got bored so badly. Urgh, and the fact that they moved the release of that film UP by three weeks just means I need to buy ear plugs sooner to block out all the fan girly squeals over that vampire guy. *grumble mutter grumble*
Больше года twilightaddict said…
Its not that vampire guy.....its EDWARD! :) He's wonderful. Harry Potter bores me...sorry to all yall that like it. And if vampires and wizards were to get into a fight.. i know who would win... the vampires. GO EMMETT!
Больше года iluvthatshow said…
i will wait and some of the best things in life are worth waiting for but I enjoy Harry as a fall film not a summer film. Thats just me.
Больше года greatmat2 said…
The peple at WB r F*****G B******S to mak us wait another year just for a little extra muny ..... i culd understand if they only postponed HBP by a cuple of months but a year is just taking the Piss.

an also evry1 keeps sayin ther rely excited bout twilight but its 2 hour movie, its only gonna keep our minds off HBP for a couple of days.