Pocahontas and John Smith If I Never Knew Ты

Pocahontas1Fan posted on Jul 02, 2010 at 05:29AM
What did you think of the deleted scene If I Never Knew You? As you know when the movie was first released 15 years ago, that the scene got deleted from the film as the film makers and so on thought the audances of the movie would loose intrest in the film,and then were other reasons so it was taken out.So when the 10th Aniversey edition came out they decied to put it back in the film, with also a option to watch the orginal version of the movie as well. Do think they should've just kept the scene in instead of delteing it from the begaing? I know when I heard about them adding the scene back in on the 10th anivesey edition, I got excited as I love the song from the first time I heard it at the ending of the film back in 95'. I always thought it was a beautiful song and it expressed what Pocahontas and John Smith feel for each other, and I wonder what it would be like if it was in the film with this time Pocahontas & John Smith singing it instead of Jon Secda & Shanice. So I heard the delelted scene was on the laser disc but it was an unfinnshed scene as there was no color. But unfortanly I didnt have one those laser disc players, I had vhs so thats what I got, but I didnt know about the scene at that time. I know a few or so years later they showed Pocahontas on The Magical World of Disney on ABC, and they showed the deleted scene If I Never Knew You just like it was on laser disc. But I missed it when it was on tv, and I tell you was disiponted because I wanted to see it. So finally when the 10th Aniversry edition came out in 05'on dvd, I got excited because then I did have a dvd player, so I wasited no time in buying it. I waited for soo long to see this song in the movie, and when I did see it only this time it was fully colored and finnshed. I absoutly loved it from the first time I seen it. I thought it just completes the whole movie and gave a better understanding of what Pocahontas & John Smith felt for each other. I just cried when I first seen that song in the movie, its just so moving and touching. I thought they should've just keept it in from the begaing, because without it its just dont seem right. Now since then, I watch the movie with the scene in it, I dont watch it without except for on my iphone. They only have the orginal on itunes for the iphones and pods and so on. So if they put the 10th aniversery edition on itunes, i will get that. But for home I will only watch the 10th aniversery edition. So what are all your thoughts on this?

Pocahontas and John Smith 4 Ответы

Click here to write a response...
Больше года Maria7Potter said…
I first saw the deleted scene in a Pocahontas DVD that came out before the anniversary edition (not in colour: there was animation, rough animation and storyboards), and later I found out about the anniversary edition... So I watched the scenes on You Tube, and I am still waiting for the aniversary edition to be released in Greece! I am propably going to buy it from Amazon or something, because I don't see it being released here...

I loved the song and it would be nice if it was in the movie, but I think I realise why they had to cut it, 'cause it does kind of slow down the plot. I also remember that Walt Disney had said that he hated two heads singing to each other, and wanted something to happen during the songs in his movies. Nevertheless, I do love the song; it's a beautiful balad and it shows how much they love each other.

(I wonder if the guys that made the sequel had watched this scene!)
last edited Больше года
Anya20 commented…
Most of the European countries won't have the edition with "If I Never Knew You". I guess France once had, but I say that only because I've seen the European French version on YouTube. I know, that in Poland, for example, they will NEVER have this edition. I have it, only because I bought it in the USA in 2005. Больше года
Больше года MCJackmanDepp said…
I just loved that scene, I'm still looking for the aniversary edition, I live in Mexico and I can´t find it anywhere
But I have watched the scene in Youtube and I looove it, I can´t understand why they cut it from the original version.
Больше года MelodyLaurel said…
I think the movie would be better with the song. It's beautiful, it's touching, it's romantic, and it proves this couple have one of the most passionate love stories in Disney.
I heard there were more songs with Poca and Smith that were cut, but when I watch them, they weren't fully animated.
Anya20 commented…
Yeah, mostly they're just story boards, like "In The Middle Of The Rover". Anyway, what other songs for Pocahontas and Smith have Ты seen? Are they somewhere on the Internet? Больше года
Больше года AliceInWond04 said…
I believe they should have kept the "If I Never Knew You" scene. I mean, it's lovely, romantic, moving, powerful, and solidifies the love between each other. Pocahontas and John Smith together are beautiful. It would be awesome if there were more previously not included songs with them together.