Huddy The Huddy Limbo....I was better off in Purgatory :P

Beatrix8520 posted on Apr 14, 2010 at 05:18PM
Hi guys, it's me....I know I can be annoying with my religious metaphors, but I really feel like I am having a Huddy faith crisis XD

I am not overreacting nor dramatizing I swear...I just want to start the discussion over: make the point on Huddy you know, because frankly I am quite lost....

Ok, last night episode was a bit...unusual. For better or for worse it was...a first. I am not going down that road again I just want to crarify my concerns have nothing to do with House bringing Lydia up. I have already make it clear why I think he did it: to sum it up, he was just hitting at the deep change she had brought in his life. I think BB also said that....she helped him grow up emotionally...made him realize there was no way he could really be better off alone.

I have listened to the interview Belle was talking about...I guess it's the BBC one. Lisa surealy didn't sound like her usual self. She talked about Huddy but she was sort of coautious with her words...I dont' rememeber what she said exactly, maybe Belle can help me out here, but the general meaning was that Huddy is in adifficult situation right now...something like "life took them apart....their timing was off..." and so on. NO reference to the future of Huddy, no giggling, nothing. That was strange.

Now...we seemed to be stuck in some sort of Huddy Inferno. There's no way out apparently. Things look to be going on and on this way for ever. The Lockdown ep basically didn't add anything to our knowledge of House/Huddy/Hilson situation...it was a filler one, we know that.

We also know though, our perception of Huddy as "the neverending waiting par excellence" could have been sort of distorted by this damn long term breaks...which we have to take into account I think. Out inner "sense of time" has been quite affected by that...that's a fact I think.

I wonder where we are going....I mean, Huddy is meant to happen...eventually. God knows what the hell that does mean. A year? Two? Who knows...
The thing is when I was telling to @PC you can't put them thorugh all of that without keeping adressing Huddy all along, I didn't mean they actually can't. I meant it was getting sort of inconclusive...
I can accept one filler ep (Private Lives....bread crumbs); I can deal with two (Black Hole...Huddy desert); but three?

Besides what does it mean then KJ saying Lucas it's justa a phase, Lisa hinting at Huddy but then giving an interview in which she almost avoid the subject; Ausiello saying there's good news ahead....where? XD

This season is driving me nuts....I am on the point of needing a vacation from my entartaiment XD
My favorite show is shipwrecking in open waters XD
Somebody please help me!!

Huddy 271 Ответы

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 201-250 of 271

Больше года Beatrix8520 said…
@huddyjoy:

According to the newest spoilers on the finale, I think we'd better starting prepare much harder for it than for this one :S...I mean, emotionally preparing.
House's one night of passion with an almost totally stranger doesn't bother me that much. On the other hand, the finale...I think it's gonna be devastating...leaving us all summer craving for the next season to begin. This is what I fear the most...spending my summer with a deep sense of anguish XD
last edited Больше года
Больше года LipschitzWrath said…
"According to the newest spoilers on the finale..."

Please, do tell. We almost had a fatality here at work so I have been busy the last few days. Been hard to keep up on spoilers. Safety first!
@LW:

Here link

As @BH has said, it sounds even too "cliff hangery" for my debil heart...
last edited Больше года
Больше года bluehue said…
@LW..your LTA sound super scary...yes, safety first!!
Basically that spoiler says that the finale will leave House in a condition we've not seen him in before...somehow, related to this "tv" accident and ensuing chaos. (Meanwhile..take care in your own work place to avoid a real life accident..yikes).

@Bea..that's why I mentioned a page or two ago, that the "one-nighter spoiler" doesn't worry me as much as this more recent spoiler..about House's condition. Really...have they ever left him happy, skipping along in a meadow with bright blue skies...or sailing off into the sunset on holiday? That would be no.
Больше года HuddyJoy0524 said…
worried
<<<Really...have they ever left him happy, skipping along in a meadow with bright blue skies...or sailing off into the sunset on holiday? That would be no.>>>

Too right you are BH. I read that spoiler too and it also worries me. I think that with how isolated and alone House has been feeling because Cuddy and Wilson paired up without him (remember, the last couple times cuddy or wilson has had a bf or gf the other has been single). I think he's finally starting to think that he has no one.

Someone said before (i dont remember who) that the reason Cuddy will have to stitch up House is he gets hurt saving someone by doing something stupid because he has nothing else to really live for. I think that thats a very fair, if not accurate assumption to make.

My guess is going to be that by the end of season, Cuddy and Lucas and Wilson and Sam's relationships will have been cemented in some way, making House's leg pain come back even more, making him miserable AND alone. The last couple times he felt he had at least 1 person there for him, even in "Both Sides Now" during his breakdown Wilson was still always there. Now...its not looking good. I think that this will be what leaves House in a condition that hes never been in before. This....makes me very, very sad.

Wow...that was a rather depressing post. Sorry! You guys know I hate to be a downer!
worried
That's okay...as @Bea mentioned earlier.."must be emotionally preparing."

@HudJoy, Your sad chronology lays it out quite clearly...so true. Last scene of last season we saw Cuddy & Wilson briefly with House...then just Wilson leaving him at the doorstep of Mayfield..now this season perhaps ending with no one left to take charge of his care..(except maybe Nolan).

One last speculation to brighten your day..weekend..
Not to stir things up...but the thought did cross my mind..because of those promo photos with Nolan, etc..what if Dr. Nolan knows that House is in a particular state of pain and anguish..and so HE takes it on himself to call up Lydia..because Nolan is the one person that truly knows of their connection..anyway..he calls her up in an attempt to help House..and so she IS the "one-night stand" afterall. (@hudjoy..we are quite the sorry team today).
last edited Больше года
hmmm
@BH that very well may be a plausible guess. Of course it would be scarier because House already likes Lydia very much and feels an attachment to her. While it might get Cuddys attention, it will certainly form a rut with Huddy because the one night stand would mean more to him then if it were, say, Nora.

We ARE quite the sorry team today...anyone got some Huddy brownies?
Больше года huddyislove said…
crying
@Blue... you always manage to get me more screwed up than I was D:
I am having a hard time grasping all of this D<
Awww Hilly dont cry! *hugs* Have some Huddy brownies! :)
crying
I've heard of tea & cookies..but do @pc-huddy brownies go well with @hilly-vodka?!
(I so sorry).
last edited Больше года
laugh
It doesn't sound like a long shot @BH...very plausible indeed. All our scenarios fit in with the way the plot has been progressing up to now...

The more we spend speculating the more we sound ready to write a script of our own actually XD
I bet we coud even write an essay on the subtle art of fan-paniking :P "The Huddy crew presents: the creative process inside the writers' mind. Precognition and prevention" ;)

ps I think I'll have a sip of vodka too :P
last edited Больше года
wink
<<<I bet we could even write an essay on the subtle art of fan panicking>>>

I very well think we could! If all of us pitched in and wrote it together it could be a world wide classic ;)
Больше года Delia_Beatrice said…
People! Stop it! Please stop getting so desperate over nothing much..
We know it's gonna get worse - the pain, Wilson with Sam, Cuddy still with Lucas. He is going to get desperate and miserable and maybe do a very housian stupid gesture. But he won't hurt himself much (one thing we know for sure, they won't kill off House himself:)))) and he will make the point that needed to be made - that his feelings and his pain were very true and very real and very deep - and Cuddy will not miss this!

This is exactly what that Katie Jacobs line means - that he puts himself in great danger and Cuddy responds to that. Whether she responds to his heroism or to his desperation, or both, remains to be seen. She was oblivious and incredulous to everything House did this season, trating him like the crazy kid who always toys with her. But my guess is that she already has doubts about chosing Lucas and she is thinking about House sometimes, it's just that she doesn't want to let go of a "safe catch" like Lucas and also, she's too proud to admit her feelings and her mistake. But to see the love of her life nearly killing himself because of the pain she inflicted on him - i think that's a whole different story.

So yeah - i expect drama and tragedy and tears (mine). I expect an ocean of powerful emotions, cliffhangers and plenty of dramatic stories within the season finale. But i also think that House will be OK in the end and that on the Huddy front, one step further will be made.
big smile
on the Huddy front, one step further will be made

Please god, oh, better, PLEASE TPTB,
make it happen for us !!

Oh, and brownies go well withj vodka *__*
heart
Well they do do this whole one step forward a couple steps back thing. for almost this whole season they've been stepping back so...maybe now that means stepping forward time! XD
crying
You mean next season must be a huge step forward to counter-balance this season...makes sense ;) I like this theory :)

I must admit, though, I feel quite sad this season has been so poor of unforgettable moments. I mean, had they been sad or happy ones, I would have accepted them and they would have meant a lot. But I feel like the whole season has been nothing but a long filler ep...nothing happened really. Or at least I feel like it. Like this season really never happened - I dind't feel it with my heart as I felt the previous ones. Maybe some eps...but mostly I find it....different, strange, out of balance, unsettling, frustrating, painful, heartbroken and gloomy.

Sorry guys =,(...talk about depressing post @HuddyJoy...sorry, can't help myself *burst into tears*
sunny
I'm sorry im sorry! :( You all know I hate being depressing but I was trying to be realisitc in the way that things will probably turn out this season. This post is more optimistic ;)

And @Bea i dont think this season has been unforgettable at all! In fact i think that its been CRUCIAL. It is indeed all those things you said it is for a reason, with House and Cuddy especially. It's been torturous, but unfortunately necessary.

Cuddy is learning about a life that doesnt revolve around House and she is finally seriously dating someone. But she has learned that maybe its not all that its cut out to be, its boring and not exciting! Its...strange and out of balance without House. Shes learning that House has changed and that he cares about her and hes trying. thats all monumental.

And House? He is trying and willing to change for Cuddy. He wasnt really willing before (remember all the deceiving he did during the Tritter arc?) and now he is. And hes learning about what it takes to win over Cuddy. And trying to get noticed by her.

Yes, the finale will probably be depressing but all these hoops had to be jumped through in order for House and Cuddy to reach each other. They have to experiment and look at other options before they can find one another. So while some depressing stuff is coming up some good stuff will too! And I think that if this spoiler about the stithes is real (and its really Lisa E's favorite scene) it will show how much they really love one another and that the connection is not gone.

Huddy IS endgame!!! :D
laugh
Huddy IS indeed end game.
But, I would like to see it at least GAME next season XD
Больше года playingcold said…
big smile
Oh, tonight I've had crépes with rum&cola and vodka :D So I won't comment, I'm going to sleep :D

PS: ANYTHING goes well with Huddy-brownies... ;D
Больше года mysuspicionis said…
blush
Here is how insane I am. I'm not watching the last three episodes until I have a break from work. That's what I did last year and it worked out well. No anxiety between episodes...2 hours and you are done! I just don't want to feel ridiculous because I'm sad over A TV SHOW!! I promise I am normal in everything else guys.....So soon I am going underground from fanpop and House spoilers till late May or early June. Hopefully perhaps some people will still be here to talk with. If stupid AOL puts one of their TV spoilers on the front page like they are known to do I will kill them! Last year my phone spoiled me about one thing on the entertainment page.
smile
@bluehue I stopped on the Colbert Report tonight to look for Hugh Laurie's picture and I saw it this time! It was a good picture of him too. I want to know the story behind the pics. :)
I'd love to have the guts to do that too @mysusp...would be wonderful to watch them all in a row :)

Only thing that stops me is...I can't really think of staying away from you guys that long XD You've become my utmost comfort =,) Half of the fun in watching this show has become hanging out here. I get up in the morning and I look forward to seeing what you all have said....really, for me it's like a funny, usuful, lovely way to put things into perspective.

Next ep airs in two days :D I am getting excited and excited XD
Fingers crossed for a new Huddy scene of course :)

Out of curiosity (and maybe of hope):

The ep was written by David Hoselton who BTW wrote Airborne, Joy, Unfaithful and Ignoarance is Bliss....can any of you single out at least one common denominator? ;)
last edited Больше года
big smile
@Bea really? that sounds very hopeful! Those are some significant Huddy episodes! Now I'm even more excited than I was before! :D

I look forward to coming to talk to you all too! It's nice to have people to talk to who are kind, considerate, and share my obsession with Huddy! It keeps me from driving my friends crazy from talking about it all the time! ;) Being here is indeed very comforting :)
Больше года huddysmacked said…
^^ Oh it is, but soon you'll find yourself trapped with FP XDD It's intoxicating.

Well, I haven't been here in a while... You know the Huddy spot since the Luddy arc began... so Hi everyone!
wink
^^^Oh gosh I've already become obsessed with it...I find myself on it so often (especially this forum!) It's definitely intoxicating!

Oh do you mean the Lucas bashing that has been going on? It makes me sad. No one deserves to have their ship treated like that :( we are fair here, no bashing! (Although there is a significant amount of venting! lol)
wink
I don't see why bashing Luddy either...I mean, some fans fall in love with ships more easily than others. What's so bad about that? They are actually probabily having more fun than us, enjoying the golden age of their ship while we seem only able to moan all day over the absence of Huddy lately :P Not all the time, but it's mostly true. I do that sometimes...it's idfficult to be cheery when all your expectations (whether right or wrong) have been destroyed like this year but I see no reason to resent them: free of thought, free of speach, free of love, free of ship. ;)
Больше года huddysmacked said…
LOL I did meant the Luddy bashing going around XD But not only that, it's been so depressing to be in the Huddy fandom during season 6, everyone has been cursing the writers, bashing characters, saying they will no longer watch the show, etc, etc. I'm not meaning it was specially here but whenever I went to a Huddy site it seemed like that, so I absented myself of that and instead fell in love with Smacked (more than I did).

But I'm back because I really missed talking Huddy, and let's say that in twitter, most of the things mentioned above happen every Monday.

So anyways, I'm here. Hudding my life all over again :)
smile
Right @hudjoy & others.. We don’t bash..we hash!
Translation: The word "hash" means: "prolonged discussion..to talk over in detail.”

Also, agree with you otherwise..that our forum outlet spares our friends from "pretend listening" to each of us & our latest detailed House synopsis or god-forbid ”speculations” each week. As Cuddy might say..”For better or worse...we have each other.” Of course, I mean that with all the love in the world!!

Ok Bea, thanks for the "heads up," letting us know about the writer involved with Monday’s episode. I can relax, sit back & wait for some Huddyness with my House Karaoke Night...we'll just see about that.

This IS quite a topsy-turvy upside-down world, when I now see @Delia is the one trying to calm nerves, keeping our fingers off the Huddy panic-button..raising hopes! That is mighty Inspiring, but did make me laugh.

@mysuspicion, Ha..glad you spotted HL pic on the Report. I don’t know the back story..so yes..we must find out the reason for the Colbert/Laurie picture exchange!!
Somehow, I can imagine Colbert saying..”Where’s my damn photo Hugh? Do I need to use a magnifying glass to find it !?” And so....Hugh puts a magnifying glass in front of it...just for this little inside joke. (My side speculation for the week).
last edited Больше года
^^^I agree with you both! It upsets me too so thats why I come here. We try and be hopeful and optimisitc (it doenst always work but thats what vodka and brownies are for ;)

I dont get why people bash...its just mean you know? It doesnt accomplish anything and just makes people angry. I'm glad that we can all come here and talk nicely and have a good time. It helps me get excited and keep my hopes up for Huddy! XD

P.S. Does anyone know where Belle has been lately?

P.P.S. We just posted at the same time again BH...;)
last edited Больше года
heart
Ha...I know...we're on a roll @hudhoy. Yes..let's put out an "All Points Bulletin" on Belle! Ok..we must understand. Her busy!
last edited Больше года
laugh
I've been thinking about Belle too....she is parenting and "wifing" and living I suppose XD The woman has a busy life. I miss her quite a bit but I am positive she'll come around after the next ep.

Sorry HuddySmacked! I must have misread it XD Anyway my words remain the same. Peace and Love...

@BH I know the fact that the writer is the same of those eps could mean nothing, but I must hang onto something, mustn't I? XD
@HuddyJoy we try indeed to be hopeful and optimistic, but god knows if that isn't a hard job with those two ;D

@BH I was almost forgetting to thank you for your datailed explaination :) I don't need wordreference when I have you ;) You have definetely improved my language skills woman, since I have been hanging out with you they call me the Slang Lady XD Kidding...but I do know tons of new terms :DDDD
last edited Больше года
big smile
Good Night "Slang Lady."
I'm sure most of us will be back to "hash" over "The Choice" next week.
IMO, all of you non-native english speakers are beyond amazing..at your language skills..you rock!!

I'm actually off to a party...so maybe I'll sip a little vodka for everyone!! LOL.
last edited Больше года
cool
Have fun at your party BH!!!

We should open up a new thread topic after the choice. we can use it for discussion of the last 3 episodes because i have a feeling there is gonna be a LOT to discuss!
Hey Huddies! I agree with the new topic!
And I've found a song which I think fits to it. The music is heavy metal so I prefer lyrics only :D :D :D

"Your antidote for sickness
Is the source of my cure
In a different form of course
With more pleasure
I am sure

They help me deal with the pain
To enhance the pleasure of this life I lead
An addiction or a crutch they are not
And them I do not need

[Chorus:]
But I desire them, I confess
In a strange sort of way
With no remorse, I may add

But worry not you need not pay
I'll influence your decision not
Merely show you both sides
Of the invisible line
Where pain and pleasure collide

You need not tell me of their worthlessness
They've not hurt me I believe
More harmful to some than others
So if you are some reprieve

And though it, it sounds so easy
Distinguish between the two to
You may not, may not know till it's too late
The choice is, the choice is up to you

[Chorus:]
You see I have painfully learned
To infringe my beliefs on no one
I have seen first hand
The damage they have done
I've witnessed for myself
The hands which they have dealt
The blankness in ones eyes
As their brains begin to melt
And as they plead for your assistance
In their moments of confusion
You stand helpless but say
This is only an illusion

The choice which you may lose"
(Abominal - The Choice)
Goodmorning everyone! :)

@PC these lyrics are wonderful. Smart choice...it suits the ep perfectly and Huddy as well. Above all, I love the begining...

"Your antidote for sickness
Is the source of my cure
In a different form of course
With more pleasure"

This is something I have been wondering a lot since the beginning of the season: what's gonna happen to House's chronic leg pain once (and if and, DAMN IT, when!) he and Cuddy will finally be in a relationship, for real? (are we ever gonna see this one? XD) I have always immagined his pain would reduce consistently, as they alwyas hint to the fact its worsening it's more a psychological consequence than a phisical one.

Maybe I have seen to much of Pride and Prejudice these days (1995 BBC version really rocks XD I've fallen in love with Colin Firth BTW), which means I am all up for a version of House&Cuddy that maybe I have built cautiously into my mind XD but I'd love to see him change once more before our eyes...you know, the look, the smile, the strengh he can find...do you think it will ever happen? I mean, will they give us the pleasure of enjoying even just one ep in which we can see him,or better THEM, genuinely happy for once in a life time?
last edited Больше года
wink
@PC Thanks for sharing those lyrics with us I love them! ;)

@Bea I think that if Cuddy and House do get together that House's leg pain will reduce drastically. Remember, after he started cooking and before he knew about Lucas at the beginning of the season his leg pain was getting better. since the lucas thing it has progressively gotten worse and when sam showed up it got 10 times worse.

I do think that they will prob put Huddy together for at least one episode. Unfortunately, I think that what they are going to end up doing is putting them together under a circumstance of pain. So while we finally get to see them together and see them be a comfort to one another I doubt it will be the way we want.

But who knows! We very well could! I would love to see House walking into the office humming or singing to himself and Cuddy just glowing all day and having this girlish and young aura about her...*sighs* it would be awesome! :D
Hey Huddies!
I'm glad you liked the lyrics :)

Did you read the press release for the season finale?

SPOILER
"Cuddy, House and members of the team join forces with a search-and-rescue team to provide much-needed medical attention at the scene of an emergency in the “Help Me” season finale episode of HOUSE"

I think, it's some kind of strange that they started the sentence with Cuddy. IMO they only do it if she plays a big part in the episode. I really really hope this means HUDDY!!!
surprise
I noticed that too PC!!! I definitely thought it was odd that they mentioned her first. I think that probably means that her and House will be the central characters in the episode. I think it will be Huddy in some form!!!! :D

I am so excited/nervous/anxious/worried/cant wait for this episode!!!
HJ, I'm relieved that you noticed that too! :) I agree with you that they can be the central characters. Hopefully together! I mean not in separate rooms like in Lockdown.
wink
PC, yes. I dont think it would make sense to have them in separate rooms because I think that they are going to have to work very closely together. My guess is that once House shows up on the scene he's basically going to take over the diagnosing, treatment, etc and Cuddy will probably be there fetching things for him, helping him, calming down the patient (shes good at that ;)

Then I think, something is going to happen. House will risk his life and then we will get the stitches scene. XD
Oh, the stitches scene! I just can't wait for it!!! :))) Somebody should write a fanfic about it before the episode airs.
I hope, we won't disappointed and crushed at the end... However it's House, so I'm sure there will be a cliffhanger.
last edited Больше года
@ everyones comments about the forum,
It's going to be torture for me to stay away :( I check fanpop before facebook now! I really think I won't be able to last till June and will have to break down and show up at the end of May. Then if the finale is good I'll catch some people to talk with. If its bad I hope everyone doesn't run away till September. Hmm so Cuddy is working alongside House and not left at the hospital to administrate as she has been all season?? We actually get to see her? :) I think episode 21 with Nolan (and we think Cuddy? or House's thoughts of Cuddy?) is going to be an intense episode.
wink
@ Bea
I forgot to mention that I LOVE the Colin Firth P&P. I got my friends obsessed with it in college. We watched the entire thing over a night and afternoon together. You know strangely who reminds me of House and Cuddy also? Pepper Potts and Tony Stark of Iron Man. I couldn't believe that I loved that movie. She watches out for him, they have a strong friendship but he is unreliable and she's not sure he's changed. Sound familiar girls?
I won't run away till September. I'm planning to be here and try to survive Summer without new episodes with the help of the fellow Huddies :)
cool
yey! summer party
laugh
I am living for this scene...=,) Let's hope it's worth the waiting XD
heart
OH I am SOOOOOO looking forward to the stitches scene! I want it to be the last episode so bad but at the same time I dont because i dont want the season to be over!

i plan on being here all summer too! XD I am gonna desperately need it to get me through a summer of no Huddy! sometimes i think i need help...my obsessions always completely take me over haha

I'm also planning on writing 2 multi-chapter fanfics this summer: one is a sequel to one ive already written and another is a crossover with the show 24. so if any of you would be interested i could share them with you and help to give you some huddy for the summer! ;)
@PC, I read over those lyrics...one line in particular caught my eye..
Huddy: Where Pain & Pleasure Collide ("stitches" scene..and/or forum topic).

Maybe we are dramatically overthinking..and "The Choice" is really just about which song House, Chase & Foreman choose for karaoke night.
hmmm
hmm maybe the choice has to deal with House moving out of Wilson's apartment? since there is something that challenges House's sobriety in every episode (KJ interview)and we saw lots of Wilson and Sam last time?