Дебаты Ann Coulter...

Cinders posted on Sep 12, 2007 at 01:04AM
People like Ann Coulter worry me to no end. That woman scares me. A lot.

The reason I say this is because I saw an ad for her book on this site today and it really riles me.

Now, I try as best I can to respect people who have thought long and hard about their opinions, and who can back it up with empirical evidence, logic and fact. But Ann Coulter warps facts and has this skewed, violent view of the world that makes me nauseous. Even my very hardcore conservative friend, who disagrees with me on nearly every issue from gay rights to economics, agrees that he believes Ann Coulter is, in his words, "probably the Devil."

"I think the government should be spying on all Arabs, engaging in torture as a televised spectator sport, dropping daisy cutters wantonly throughout the Middle East, and sending liberals to Guantanamo."-- Ann Coulter, her column, Dec 21, 2005. And if that's not enough, there are link outrageous quotes that are not only racist, but genocidal to the extent of neo-Nazism.

As someone already outraged by the complete and utter misunderstanding of the Arab and Muslim community, Ann Coulter can always get under my skin with her ignorant slurs and violent suggestions on dealing with people who disagree with her. I can not, nor ever will respect her opinion on things and the way she sees the world because it is intolerant and radically violent, to the extent that if she had any more power than a political "pundit," I would seriously consider her a terrorist.

Sorry for the Ann Coulter rant. I try to see the world from other people's perspectives, while communicating my own so we can get a more well-rounded view of each other. But Ann would never listen to me. And I refuse to listen to her.

I'm still nauseous after reading about things she's said. I'm going to go eat ice cream to cheer myself up. Thanks for listening.

Дебаты 13 Ответы

Click here to write a response...
Больше года MajorDork74 said…
She can be a little extreme but, on the whole, I agree with a lot of what she says. I am not as extreme as her, but still........
Больше года megloveskyle said…
We like to call her MANN Coulter...hehehe..:)
Больше года mimilovefoc said…
Ann Coulter sounds like she has a lot of anger and need go to counseling.
Больше года Cinders said…
"Not all Muslims may be terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims."

This is just blatantly untrue and it irritates me to no end how she seems to either warp existing facts to suit her outrageous claims or pull things like THIS out of her ass.

UGH! I just need a hug.
It's very simple. Ann Coulter demands attention by saying the most polictically incorrect statements. She's irrelevant and pig-headed and the only reason reporters interview her is for the ratings b/c they know she is going to say something outrageous.
Omg, I look to the right of my screen and there is MANN COULTER!
I really don't understand people who agree with her. She's racist, anti-Semitic, and anti-so-many-other-things I can't even name. She wants to wipe out the entire Middle East, I mean... SERIOUSLY!

Sorry. After her anti-Semitic comments yesterday...

DEUTSCH: I actually am. That's not true. I really am. But -- so we would be better if we were - if people -- if there were no Jews, no Buddhists --

COULTER: Whenever I'm harangued by --

DEUTSCH: -- in this country? You can't believe that.

COULTER: -- you know, liberals on diversity --

DEUTSCH: Here you go again.

COULTER: No, it's true. I give all of these speeches at megachurches across America, and the one thing that's really striking about it is how utterly, completely diverse they are, and completely unself-consciously. You walk past a mixed-race couple in New York, and it's like they have a chip on their shoulder. They're just waiting for somebody to say something, as if anybody would. And --

DEUTSCH: I don't agree with that. I don't agree with that at all. Maybe you have the chip looking at them. I see a lot of interracial couples, and I don't see any more or less chips there either way. That's erroneous.

COULTER: No. In fact, there was an entire Seinfeld episode about Elaine and her boyfriend dating because they wanted to be a mixed-race couple, so you're lying.

DEUTSCH: Oh, because of some Seinfeld episode? OK.

Yes, because if a Seinfeld episode does it, it MUST be true!
Больше года katiemariie said…
I think in a few years time Ann Coulter will rip her mask off and reveal herself to be Amy Sedaris doing guerilla theater.
Больше года kateliness2 said…
She is so odd, she makes so sense to me. She is tearing down political figures with politically incorrect statements.
Больше года DrDevience said…
"and sending liberals to Guantanamo." - Unfortunately, people who speak against this administration are in fact being picked up and held secretly. Have been for years. Freedom in America has always been an illusion, but it is even more so now.
Больше года Kegel said…
She seems to need a nice, long, relaxing holiday... through Europe and the Middle East maybe. Poor people there though.
Больше года MajorDork74 said…
DOWN WITH POLITICAL CORRECTNESS.
That is what is tearing down on society.
She's not just being politically incorrect, she's being racist and so many other prejudices.

Being politically incorrect is telling a racist joke to a person of the race in question (which I do, in good fun). Being racist is actually believing the stereotype of the joke, propagating it, and advocating for the extermination of that race. That's what Ann Coulter does.
last edited Больше года