Дебаты Good Presidential Цитаты (feel free to add)...

MajorDork74 posted on Sep 14, 2007 at 02:15AM
"We have to remember what may be considered legally right, is not morally right." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"You cannot build character and courage by taking away a man's initiative and independence." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." ~ Ronald Reagan

"All great change in America begins at the dinner table." ~ Ronald Reagan

Дебаты 4 Ответы

Click here to write a response...
Больше года Cinders said…
Good quotes!

While not a president, I am quite fond of Churchill and the things he's said, and he IS still a famous historical leader, so I'll list a few here, as well as some good American President quotes.

"If you're going through hell, keep going."

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else."

"In wartime, truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies."

"It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried."

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."

And my personal favorite: "I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."

OK How about some Woodrow Wilson ones (since I love him too!):

"Liberty has never come from Government. Liberty has always come from the subjects of it. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of governmental power, not the increase of it."

"My dream of politics all my life has been that it is the common business, that it is something we owe to each other to understand and discuss with absolute frankness."

Personal favorite: "Never attempt to murder a man who is committing suicide."

I think that'll do for now.

Good idea!
Больше года MajorDork74 said…
"Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." ~ Ronald Reagan

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" ~ Ronald Reagan

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin." ~ Ronald Reagan
Больше года Cinders said…
I forgot, one of my favorite Ben Franklin quotes which I've said elsewhere on this spot.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty in order to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
Больше года kateliness2 said…
Oooo, I love that Ben Franklin quote.

Overused, but loved and one of the few I can do entirely and perfectly from memory:

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
~FDR