Дебаты Should I be allowed to go au naturale?

katiemariie posted on Sep 27, 2007 at 04:39AM
I live in Sacramento, CA. It is incredibly hot here in the summer time. It usually hovers around 106 degrees most days. I walk half a mile to school everyday there and back. With my unreasonably heavy backpack, I get really hot. I contemplate taking off my shirt to solve the problem. I don't because that would be public indecency. I see several guys walking around with their shirts off and that makes me pretty angry. If guys can walk around topless, women should too.

I know what you're probably thinking: "OMG TEH BOOBEZ CANT BE SEEN!!!!1111" Lady, that's your problem. It's hot and I want to not pass out on my way home from school.

I'm not some hippy-dippy nudist. I like clothes. I don't think they're unnatural, but I do think it is unnatural to wear insulation when it's 116 freakin' degrees out.

People are too uptight about decency. We were all born naked. We are all naked in the shower (unless you are a never-nude). Right now, we are all naked under our clothes.

The main argument against "indecency" is "But think of the children!" Little kids don't care about nudity. Little kids run around naked all the time. They don't think that they're doing anything wrong. They're like Adam and Eve before They got evicted. They've got the right idea.

Who's with me?

Дебаты 4 Ответы

Click here to write a response...
Больше года Zerstoren said…
Women and kids don't care about seeing boobs. So who then, I wonder, could possibly be to blame for this restrictive rule of society...
Больше года Cinders said…
Hehe, Tobias Fumke...

This is interesting. Living in a Muslim country I got used to covering up. And by covering up, I just mean no shorts, or showing your shoulders/cleavage, not wearing a hijab or anything, just being respectful to the culture. I feel awkward wearing a tank top now that I'm in the States. However, I also think we should be proud of our bodies. I also recognize the difference in culture between the Islamic world and the Western world.

I know what you mean about heat, and while I tend to be modest because of cultural influences in public, I have changed clothes in front of straight male friends before in private.

Technically speaking, the law in Washington is you're allowed to walk around naked in public, so long as no one gets offended by it. I mean that. if you're naked and no one complains, they can't arrest you.

Of course, no one just marches around naked.

Except for when they strip down and cover themselves in body paint and march down the street in a parade. I love Fremont street.

I think that so long as you're comfortable with it, and no one complains, I think you should be able to do whatever you want. I still feel weird baring my shoulders or wearing a miniskirt (I tried to wear one once and felt way too awkward, I had to change). But I wouldn't be offended if I saw you walking down the street topless.
Больше года DrDevience said…
Topless beaches are pretty much the norm over here.

I was amused (and both disgusted and frightened) at the public outcry over a few seconds of Janet Jackson's boob. Seeing a boob does not scar a child for life. Living with idiots like the ones that acted all shocked does.
Больше года Rockster3 said…
If you want to, go ahead, but if you hug someone, that is not a test tube in their pocket.......
last edited Больше года