Доктор Хаус It's Me [PROBLEM FIXED! WOOT!]

MrsHouse posted on Jun 05, 2009 at 02:50AM
This is mrshouse62689. My account was deleted (I assume, because I can't login and if you click on the username you just get redirected to the Fanpop home page) yesterday and I have no idea why (BTW-if anyone can shed some light on that I'd appreciate it. I haven't gotten any notifications about being reported or anything). But I can't stay away from y'all so I've been reincarnated. :-]

I'm sad because now I have to earn my medals back and changing things in the Callian spot (my spot) will be a pain in the ass now. It also means I have to start up another graphics contest forum. :-[

Fan me if you were my fan before. I look like such a newbie because I only have one uploaded pic and 0 fans.

UPDATE ON JUNE 8: Some of you have added this account as a fan, and I've fanned you back. :-] I really appreciate all the support. Unfortunately, my 62689 account is still being dubbed "temporarily suspended". I'll keep trying to log in periodically.

UPDATE ON JUNE 11: A message has been sent to papa and dave (of the FP4) asking for my 62689 account to be re-activated or for an explanation to be given as to why it was suspended in the first place (all phrased nicely, of course). We'll see what happens.

Edit: Problem solved. Let this forum die. :-]
 This is mrshouse62689. My account was deleted (I assume, because I can't login and if Ты click on t
last edited on Jun 12, 2009 at 01:33AM

Доктор Хаус 17 Ответы

Click here to write a response...
Больше года MrsHouse said…
Erm...feel free to use this forum to talk about nothing. I just wanted to get the word out about what's going on so people aren't confused.
Больше года heeeresjoyce said…
Now that's really weird. Does anyone else use Fanpop on your computer? They may think you have multiple accounts if that's so. Anyway, as long as you've done nothing wrong, you should contact the F4 and hopefully they can sort this out.
last edited Больше года
Больше года misanthrope86 said…
surprise
DUDE THAT SUCKS! You need to report that! Have you?
worried
Nobody else uses my computer at all. I sent Fanpop an e-mail (via the Contact Us link at the bottom of the home page) but haven't had any sort of response. I just about cried when it happened...here's the basics of what happened yesterday (copied from my LJ):

So I was in the middle of telling a Fanpop user to remove the Huddy fan art she was reposting (honestly, it says "These have already been posted on Fanpop" at the top of the LJ entry...how much clearer can I get?!) and I was automatically logged out. When I tried to log back in I got an error message saying my Fanpop account has been temporarily suspended. :-[ I have no idea why (I've even checked my e-mail to see if there's been some sort of notification...there hasn't). WTF, Fanpop?

EDIT: OK so I just attempted to sign in again and got through with no problems (after a few failed attempts). So my account was suspended for a grand total of 30 minutes. Again, WTF Fanpop. If anyone knows what may have happened, please fill me in.

ANOTHER EDIT: I was logged out...again. No explanation. Only now I'm freaking out because my profile won't even come up on Fanpop anymore. The stuff I've posted is still there, though. I contacted Fanpop via e-mail to find out what's going on (I really don't see why my account would be deleted, so this better be the result of a bug of some sort). *Is panicking*

I don't know any other way to get the situation fixed, besides the e-mail I've already sent. But I'll try to log into the mrshouse62689 account over the next few days to see if the problem's fixed, and if it is, I'll just revert back to that one.

As a side note, I realized how pathetic my life is because of this haha. I was like "Gahhh I'm freaking out over an online account to a fan forum" and I was so bored that I totally creeped the spot yesterday and today haha. I was like "AHHH I want to answer that pick/comment on that forum/etc. but I can't!" and it was so sad.
last edited Больше года
Больше года huddysmacked said…
Wow now that' weir *hugs her* I added you as a fan. I guess you'll get your old account back. You did good on contacting Fp. I would be dead if they delated my account or an account like yours...it had so many pretty medals =´(
smile
First of all, don't worry about the F4 contacting you back. They rarely do when you use the "contact us" link.

Secondly, I know that there are some technical issues that the F4 are in the process of fixing. I don't know if this has anything to do with that, but you definitely should keep attempting to login like you said.

Thirdly, this may be happening to other people. See here: link
Cinders offers some great information here, so read through that to see if anything in there helps you.

Fourthly, don't feel bad about freaking out over it. We are all here on Fanpop because we love it, so it must have given you a big fright, expecially since you don't know why it has happened. Most of us would freak out.
Ahhhh thanks for the link. That does quell my fears a bit. Like I said, I'll keep trying over the next few days to get into my other account, but if that doesn't work out for some reason I'll just use this one. Now I feel a bit foolish for making this account because it might be temporary...but we'll see out it all plays out, I reckon.
wink
Well, if your other account is given back to you, you can just explain to the F4 why you made this new account. They will be understanding, I'm sure.
Больше года midnyte007 said…
Ok, I added this new acc as a fan. That really sucks what happened to you. If there was anyway I could give you my Huddy green medal, I would. :(
Больше года House-aholic18 said…
Aw, I'm sorry this is happening to you- must be so stressful to lose everything on your account. I became a fan of the new one though. :D
Больше года x5mp1xp1nx22x said…
omg im so sorry mrs h...thats a real bummer. i cant believe it...and you lost everything...thats so disspointing :'(

you will be my #1 rating priority to get your medals back
worried
Haha thanks Numbers. :-] As of now (June 7th) my old account still hasn't been reactivated and I haven't heard anything from the F4. So...I reckon I'll just be operating out of this account.
hmmm
You didn't by any chace to any massive postings in the days leading up to the suspension? Like, did you upload a large number of videos or links to a spot? Because some people consider that spamming, even though you are a genuine fan who is just sharing stuff.
Or, did you post the same link several times? Apparently that can trigger the auto-ban function or something.

Otherwise it is just so weird... Especially since most other people have received warnings or notifications before they have been suspended.

Did you send one of the F4 a personal message? Or did you just contact them via the "contact us" email?

I was going to recommend that you ask about it in the Fanpop spot, like link or link or link or link or link or link but as you can see, people tend to respond by saying things like "don't be naughty and you won't get banned" and stuff like that. Clearly, that is not going to help you!

I just totally sucks that a great fan like you is being punished for some unknown reason and yet there are plenty of other fans who are abusive and offensive and they never suffer any consequences.
Ehhhh I don't remember posting alot of things to a spot or something before being banned. *Feels lame for not remembering what she did last week* I didn't send them personal messages (because I don't know who they are) I just sent something via the "Contact Us" link. Would you be so kind as to give me the link to one of their profiles? I'd definitely like to get this resolved ASAP.
Here are the Fanpop Four:
papa:
link

dave:
link

michael:
link

cliff:
link

I suggest that you message one of them (papa and dave seem to be the most active) and tell them, in as much detail as possible what has happened to you.

Normally, I would not encourage people who have been banned to talk directly to the F4, because they have a big job to do with keeping Fanpop running. But I think your case has not been dealt with properly. At the very least, you should be informed as to why your account has been suspended.
Больше года House34 said…
sad
I'm really sorry :( I'd be sooooo pissed off :( I know you'll get all your fans and props and medals back.. we're with you !!!!
OK thanks missy I'll see if I can get one of them to respond. Gahhhh I really hope I can get my account re-activated (or at least get an explanation for why it was suspended in the first place).

EDIT: I sent the same message to dave and papa (and told them both I was sending the other the message as well haha) to maximize the likelihood of getting a response. We'll see what happens.
last edited Больше года