Доктор Хаус Kutner...

vieamemusique posted on Jul 05, 2009 at 05:47AM
This has been deeply annoying me, so I felt the need to write something and get feedback on the subject.

Through out the episode "Painless" in season five, the subject of suicide comes up quite alot. Obviously since the POTW is a not-so-happy little downer always quick to end his life. Now, I'm curious to know...if you watch the episode, Kutner's reaction to suicide seems to subtly hint and forshadow his future.

When House first mentions suicide, he snaps up and has this blank stare on his face of shock. There are other clues also. I found it odd, and I paraphrase here, when Kutner and Taub are talking about why people kill themselves, Kutner is adamant about his view. People like him don't kill themselves, he says, when their life has sucked from the beginning.

Now, my question: Am I seeing these things because I WANT to? Or is it because now I know what to look for? That perhaps his suicide wasn't as random as the fans originally thought [or House for that matter]. I honestly don't know which one it is...but it's bugging the hell out of me!

Just rewatch it and tell me your views...the way he acts towards the end of season five. Lacks humor, his ideas became far more brilliant (or was it that the writers felt the need to put the spotlight on him in his last moments?) and yet it seemed as though he had already given up.

I think I just talked in circles! OH NO!

Доктор Хаус 2 Ответы

Click here to write a response...
Больше года misanthrope86 said…
I noticed those things as well. There are HEAPS of them! Part of me thinks that the writers actually do deliberately put those things in. And another part of me thinks that when we go back and look for clues, we will find them, even in the smallest gestures, purely because we are looking for them.
But I really do believe that the writers plan waaaaaaaay far in advance and then lie to us about not knowing (not in a mean way, they just don't want to ruin it for us). I went back through season 4 and found bits that link to Kutner dying, and the same thing happened with Amber's death.
Больше года housefrk said…
I noticed my first time through his last few episodes that he'd lost his inability to laugh off House's jokes. I'll have to go rewatch Painless and some others and get back to you