Блич аниме Bleach Resurgence

crazieone106 posted on Oct 07, 2012 at 09:06PM
[Feuding Nations Arc]
In the wake of Sekhmet and her Angel's attempts to eradicate the Soul Society (leaving it in ruin), the Gotei 13 are presented with a dilemma far greater than any villain in the past. The Soul Society has violated an ancient law enacted by the Reiteki Rōjin, an ancient group of royal dignitaries with the authority to revoke or establish a nation’s soul reaper privileges. The aforementioned law demands that each nation function independently of one another, forbidding they interact and meddle in one another’s affairs. The Soul Society’s act of genocide on Shirubaraito caught the attention of the Reiteki Rōjin, prompting the council to keep a close watch on them. Following the Soul Society’s failure to remedy their past transgressions, relying upon a neighboring nation (Jūzō Hoshō) to assist them, the council has decided to revoke their soul reaper privileges. They have tasked the execution of this decree to the Soul Society’s past savior, Jūzō hoshō. They have been instructed, by this ancient and mysterious council, to demand the Soul Society relinquish control over Karakura Town, turn over all spiritual weapons, and forfeit their titles. Blindsided by this decree, the Soul Society defies this ruling and attempts to thwart the efforts of the Jūzō hoshō, who are merely following orders. The Gotei 13 is now on a mission to prove their worth, but in order to accomplish this, they must defend themselves against the Jūzō hoshō.
(Note: This takes place roughly 100 years following the Angel’s invasion).

Note: Juzo Hosho refers to the 13 Sentry just as the Gotei 13 refers to the 13 Court Guard. The people of Ukishima Rakuen (Floating Island Paradise - and the nation itself) may be called Ukira. Similar to the Seireitei, where only members of the Gotei 13 reside, Mujūryoku seiiki (Weightless Sanctuary) is that for Ukishima Rakuen. It is a series of massive floating islands, far above the ground's surface. On ground-level, however, exist the Chīsai (Lesser Souls). This, of course, is a concept similar to the Rukon District. The governing body of Ukishima Rakuen, similar to central 46, is Kengen (Mindful Authority).

Character Template
Name
Sex
Personality
Position (number and for which organization)
Zanpakuto name and release command

Juzo Hosho (13 Sentry)
Squad 2: Kin Hikari (Leleu)
Squad 3: Yvon Gerard -Silverexorcist (DECEASED)
Squad 4:
Squad 5: Rikaro Nidalia
Squad 6: Sumiko Anenokoji (Institute of Research and Advancement) - Crazieone (DECEASED)
Squad 7: Enne Tachimukau
Squad 8: Kyobo Sodo (Vanguard Unit)- K0V
Squad 9: Naoki Himura (Subjugation & Punishment Force)
Squad 10: Jisano Meibatsu (BP)
Squad 11: Nobuko Wakahisa
Squad 12: Emrira Galio (K0V)
Squad 13: Yushi Kenronri (BP)
Healer: Iyashi Kyō

Gotei 13

Squad 1: Senya Tatami
Squad 2: Kuchimame Kamima (Ryuu)
Squad 3: Yoishiro Roychi (Leleu)
Squad 4: Ganta Yamamoto (Leleu)
Squad 5: Junichi Kuwano (DECEASED)
Squad 6: Senato Ajibana (Senato)
Squad 7: Ziel Abzan (Leleu)
Squad 8: Kirio Nagame (BP)
Squad 9: Majo Shin (Link)
Squad 10: Akarui Hyosho (Link)
Squad 11: Livius Abel (Ryuu) (DECEASED)
Squad 12: Matou Kira
Squad 13:Tomoe Hayashi
Kido Corp: Kie Geißt.(Link)

last edited on Nov 24, 2014 at 11:03PM

Блич аниме 690 Ответы

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 151-200 of 690

Больше года wantadog said…
(Okeedokee....here ya go. Kinda short, but this is just an intro post.)

The sun was beginning to set and preparations were still being made for the upcoming war. non-seated officers were running to and fro continuously. Every squad was in chaos. A young woman with a lieutenants badge strapped to her shoulder walked through through the busy crowds towards a small building. the building was a hotspot for seated shinigami that wanted to get a drink. A glorified liquor store. She grimaced at the thought of entering such a place. She didn't drink, and the reason for that was just up ahead. She stood tall and straight and walked in with dignity. She was immediately assaulted with offers for drinks. A young waitress jogged up to her.

"How may I help you, lieutenant? Would you like a table, or a booth?"

The lieutenant smiled and shook her head. "No, nothing like that. I'm just looking for a.....friend...."

The waitress nodded. This was a common occurrence. "Looking for Captain Iriguchi?"

The lieutenant nodded with a frown and was led to a booth in the corner where a tall, muscular man was lying on his side, resting his head in his arm with his elbow propped up, his captains haori discarded in the corner. It was Inochi Iriguchi, captain of squad 6. The lieutenant took one look at him and sighed. As she suspected, he was drinking, and at such a crucial time! Judging from the empty bottles scattered around, he'd been here awhile. She took a deep breath and immediately regretted it as she inhaled the pungent aroma of the powerful alcohol. She coughed and cleared her throat loudly. "CAPTAIN!"

No response.

She shouted again, louder, and he jerked awake. "Oh, *Hic* hello there. I didn't notice you *Hic* come in."

She sighed. "Captain, what are you doing here? You of all people should know how dangerous the next few days are going to be."

His eyes were distant. The man was completely wasted. "Oh, yes. That....nah, I don't think we got anything tah worry about. Just offer them some sake and they'll be nice, I'm sure."

The lieutenant grabbed his face and slapped it twice, hard. "Captain! I know you're a lazy guy, but I really need you to sober up right now!"

He just smiled kindly at her. "Oh come now, Kaikyo. There's nothing to worry about."

Kaikyo: "How do you know? You've ignored the last two captains meetings! Do you know how unnerving it is to tell the head captain that you sent me as a stand in! Captain, you have got to draw the line somewhere! The seireitei is at war!"

Inochi: "And that scares you?"

Kaikyo:"I've never been in a war before, and also...

Inochi: "I'm guessing that since all you've ever known was being a Soul Reaper, the thought of having that taken away is terrifying."

Kaikyo nodded. "Ya...I mean..."

Inochi patted her on the head, earning a glare from her. "By the way, how old are you? 100?"

She batted his hand away indignantly. "I'm 130!"

He chuckled. "Still pretty young. Anyway. I'm sure everything will be fine." He smiled again when she rolled her eyes. "Come on, if it'll make ya feel better, we'll go help the rest of squad 6 prepare?"

She smiled. "That'd be great."

He laughed. "Yes, but first, one more drink." He raised his hands in peace as she growled at him. "Just kidding just kidding!"

end.
----------------------------

(I plan on killing off the lieutenant so any volunteers? XD)
Больше года Ryuuikari said…
Can my character kill her off even though he's a Gotei 13 Captain and they'e fighting on the same side ? (He's the type of guy to do something like that)
last edited Больше года
Больше года Liquidz-Flamez said…
(That figures -_-)
Lol I guess you could, but I was hoping for one of the Juzo Hosho to do it so that Inochi can go after revenge xD
It's probably best if one of the Juzo Hosho did it anyway XD
Yeah, it probably is, BUT Ryuu's character from the Gotei 13 were to kill Inochi's lieutenant, then he would go and try to kill Ryuu's character then other captains would get involved and they would have to try and stop them and stuff, then one of the captains would probably die and that would lower the Gotei 13's defenses AND it would also give the Juzo Husho the perfect oppurtunity to strike.
Больше года LinkKinuzuma13 said…
Valid point. But, why on earth would he try to kill her anyway?
I dunno XD wantadog wanted to get rid of his liutenant and Ryuu volunteered XP and plus Ryuu's character is just like that.
I was just gonna have her be a casualty of the battle with the Juzo Hosho. XD
Case closed. So, whose gonna post next? If not, then I will happily write something up.
Больше года blackpanther666 said…
My internet wasn't working, but I have finally fixed it and I have been writing up a rather long one, that will explain certain things... It should be up by the end of night - if not, then it will definitely be up tomorrow. I will try my hardest to get it all done tonight, but only if the quality of the post won't be compromised.
last edited Больше года
[The Legendary Blades! The History of Kiwamete and Kiwamaru] - under construction

last edited Больше года
Больше года HantaTsuki said…
May I join?
smile
If you want to. We need more people to create the missing Shinigami spots, if you are indeed interested. Design a character, stick to the guidelines that Crazieone106 has written on the forum description, design a Zanpakuto and then post them on here and Crazie will decide if he likes them, and probably will read through them to make sure they are creative.
Больше года onix11 said…
So, im having someone else write this, but i burned my hands at work and will not be able to post anything for a few days. Sorry for the inconvince.
Больше года Reyatsu77 said…
Name: Yodai Namitame or "YaYa' for short
Sex: Male
Appearance: Yodai is about as tall as Toshiro but he has a deep purplish hair and hazel eyes, he has caramel brown skin and square Clark Kent glasses. He has a tattoo of a magatamas directly on his spine. He also wears a necklace made of purple magatamas, Yodai’s hair reaches to his neck and he keeps it that way. The standard Shinigami outfit for him is sleeveless and it is double layered.
Personality: Yodai is a very cheerful and friendly guy, pervert at times but that doesn’t matter because of his charming persona that rarely wins a girl over. He is seen mostly chewing gum or sucking on a lollipop, he cherishes his friends and despises his enemies. The only time he is seen serious is when he spit out the candy he is eating.
Position: Gotei 13-Squad 12
Zanpokuto: None Yet
Oh dear god.
Больше года crazieone106 said…
Well, we all know this is just a bored individual spamming for the purpose of entertainment. It's incredibly sad either way.
worried
Whats wrong with mine? Sorry I'm new......
You've tried to join the other forums I was a part of. I believe you participated for a week and then vanished. And by the way, why do all your characters compare with Toshiro? That's only the initial dilemma, however. It's clear from your character description that you didn't read the description posted above. If you had, you would have recognized the number of requirements for posting a character. Ringing a bell? If not, I'll say that you can't have a character with an absent zanpakuto.That's not only silly, but fruitless. A component of this forum is both dialogue and action, one of which you cannot participate as a result of the aforementioned. So, I recommend reading the previously mentioned description (which requires you to scroll up the page) and designing a character within those guidelines, specifically one with a zanpakuto. And no, he may not be a visard, which I know you are particularly fond of. If you manage that, all is fine. There is, of course, the issue of participation. If you plan on taking a 1-year hiatus following a couple posts, don't bother.
last edited Больше года
@Crazie. I edited my post. I hope it is okay. Let me know if it isn't and I'll change it around, or something.

Just to be clear, I agree with Crazie and Link... Obviously a character with such little imagination and creativity should at least be edited, if you actually think you can honestly commit to this RP. Otherwise, I suggest you do as Crazie suggests and don't even bother trying to waste our time.
Yeah I'll edit it but, I only remember meeting you once before?

Name: Yodai Namitame
Sex: Male
Height: 5’5”
Hair Color: Orange
Eye Color: Brown

Appearance: His regulation size Shinigami outfit has some interesting additions to it, like the right arm sleeve has been cut off revealing a tomoe tattoo on his shoulder the symbol of the Namitame House. The outfit is actually thinner itself allowing for free movements. His left arm has been bandaged up because he has burnt himself. He wears a Jade Magatama Necklace that he says kept bad luck away when he was a child. The glasses he dons were given to him by his late grandfather Kyushu Namitame and he wears them with pride. He keeps his hair relatively short and dyes the ends black, but keeping it its original color, orange.

Personality: Despite his youngness Yodai is a very intelligent young man well versed in the ways of Shinto mythology, knowing these things is a basic need for the members of the Namitame House. As a child he was tactical genius, often going with his grandfather to Captain Meetings, he excelled in the academy because of this many of the people he met felt an inferior to him and s erred clear of him leaving him alone. As he grew he dumbed his way of acting down to fit in with others at the academy and gained many new friends, then he was called stupid, annoying, or a loser to those who once feared him. Now feeling good about himself he doesn’t care anymore what people think of him, he acts in a flamboyant-childish manner usually joking around with his friends. There is a perverted side to him but that is only small part.

Zanpokuto: Shinkuhonoo (Crimson Flame)
Release: Yakimasu ( Burn)
This weapon, before the release, looks like a traditional katana, but after the release the blade of the katana is crimson with the words fiery spelled, in kanji, on the side. The tsubasa is a dual ring one while the hand guard is black giving it a cool color scheme. The blade is on fire burning off reiatsu, it is only there to cushion the blows from opponents. When the user runs out of reiatsu to give, or loses focus the flames burst out of control and burn anything even the user.

Shikai Abilites

Moeteimasusharin ( Burning Wheel )
The user charges enough flames onto the blade so that when he swings a flame disc is sent out. One thing you should know is that the faster the swing the faster the disc spins, it could actually cut objects.

Ikebana Bakudan ( Flower Bombs )

The user pulls the flames off the blade making a bunch of tiny flame balls and sends them at the opponent that quickly home in and explode.

Is that better?
last edited Больше года
 Yeah I'll Редактировать it but, I only remember meeting Ты once before? Name: Yodai Namitame Rank: Lieute
Больше года K0VIP3R said…
[The History of the Pacifist]

Travel back to when Kyobo first became a captain, at the age of 575 (114 years ago) and you would see a completely different person. He was not over friendly or as caring as he is now. Instead he was aggressive, short tempered and arrogant.

One particular day, two weeks after his promotion, Kyobo was going through a mountain of paperwork at his desk, his zanpakuto lying on the wooden table in front of him, when he heard a knock at the double doors to his office. His lieutenant, Akairo Josei, shuffled into the room almost as if she was trying to get in undetected. Kyobo raised his head stiffly, his eyes darting to her.

Kyobo: (Akairo saw a vein pulse in his temple) I thought I said I wasn't to be disturbed. Now make it quick, what do you want?

Akairo: (She bowed her head out of fear) Sorry sir, it's just we've received orders from the Head Captain. We are to track down a group of rogue shinigami and detain them.

Kyobo: (He sighed) Why do we get lumped with all these jobs? (He got up from his desk, picking up his zanpakuto as he did) Fine. Do we know where they are holing up?

Akairo: (She responded quickly) They are in a large building on the eastern outskirts of Chīsai. However there are buildings with innocents residing in them...

Kyobo: (He walked passed her with little regard to the latter part of her information) Just get the area evacuated and there won't be any trouble.

Akairo: (She saluted him) Yes Sir!

About five minutes later, Kyobo was standing in front of about half of his squad in the courtyard outside his squads barracks with Akairo standing solemnly next to him. They were standing dead still awaiting their orders.

Kyobo: (He placed his hands behind his back, a habit he picked up a while before when he was giving a talk in the academy to his classmates.) Alright Squad! We are heading out to east Chīsai. There we are to subdue a group of rebels. If we can take them alive we have been ordered to do so, however if even one of them resists (His eyes lit up quite scarily) Kill them all!

After that the squad headed out. all marching in synch, all marching in silence. It took them two hours before they arrived at their destination. Kyobo's squad, while trying to hide this fact, were panting in fatigue at the forced march. Kyobo and Akairo, however did not even seem visibly fatigued, instead Kyobo nodded to one man standing next to him. The man walked over to the building in which the rebels were housed.

Man: (He banged on the door with the flat of his palm) Hey you in there, come out quickly and calmly. We don't want any trouble....

At that moment the door suddenly opened and the man was jut as quickly impaled on the end of a blade. Kyobo watched in slight surprise as his subordinate fell back off the blade, blood pooling from his mouth and pouring from the wound. Then the rebels poured out from the building. A motley group of what seemed like soul reapers who had deserted their squads in search of freedom. They all lined up in front of Kyobo's group of shinigami.

Akairo: (She tugged on Kyobo's sleeve, obviously unsure of what to do) Sir? What are our orders?

Kyobo: (He drew his blade. He spoke surprisingly calm for someone on the battlefield) Remember what I said. They resist, they die.

Kyobo then walked forward towards the group. They seemed to recoil a bit in fear a bit but one brave rebel ran forward his zanpakuto upraised. However he seemed to travel past Kyobo.....or at least the top half of him did. Kyobo swung his blade at the man and competely sliced him in two around the hips.

Kyobo: (He raised his now blood dripping blade pointing it at the rebel group who looked at their fallen comrade in the same aghast manner the squad of shinigami did.) Kill them!

Thus the battle began. The shinigami battled with the rebels. The area was a mass of ringing metal, kido explosions, dust and blood. The noises were like that of a town that was being systematically decimated. There was so much screaming and moaning from the area that anyone within hearing range would be fearing the worst.

Kyobo however just wandered through the battlefield, heading for the building at was obstructed by the fighting rebels and shinigami as well as the numerous dead bodies that littered the reddening ground. He quickly blocked an incoming attack from his left with his blade, swinging his foes blade aside and then decapitating him on the return swing. He carried on walking a bit more before again having to block a succession of strikes from a young rebel who lunged from the throng of fighters. Kyobo sidestepped a particularly wild swing and stepped forward past the rebel and in doing this he locked his blade arm around the neck of his opponent and promptly snapped his neck. Again he continued his journey through the battlefield. When he arrived at the building he walked up the few steps to the entrance and through the broken double doors. when he entered he immediately sensed a presence in the room. The leader of the rebels.

Leader: (He raised his blade shakily, scared of the ruthless individual in front of him) Please let me go...I...I...I don't want to die!

Kyobo: (He chuckled lightly) Maybe you should have thought about that before you had one of you men skewer one of mine.

The leader then charged forward in desperation to escape and subdue the captain. Kyobo blocked the oncoming attack and immediately retaliated, taking a wild swing at the leader. His opponent jumped back sharply and sucked in his gut to avoid getting hit by the blade before thrusting his blade forward. Kyobo near enough pirouetted to the right of the blade shrugging off his Captains Haiori and then threw it in the direction of the leader who took a wild and costly swing at it. Kyobo then shunpoed behind him during the swing and thrust his blade through the back of the rebel leader, cruelly ripping the blade out of his body and leaving the man dead on the ground. Kyobo then sensed a presence behind him and without thinking turned and swung his sword, making a solid impact with the presence and when his eyes met those of his victim, a small child. His eyes widened and a moan left his lips. He immediately dropped his zanpakuto and was at the boys side.

Boy: (His eyes were dull and vacant but he still breathed, yet only shallowly) Why is daddy on the floor? Why isn't he moving?......Why am I so cold?....Why do i feel so sleepy?

Kyobo: (He shook the boy, ripping the sleeves off his kimono to use as makeshift bandages but knew that the large wound across the chest of the boy couldn't be stemmed) No stay with me....Please don't close your eyes. Please don't die on me kid.

The boy suddenly went limp. But Kyobo was in denial of the fact.

Kyobo: (Tears started seeping from his eyes unbidden.) No wake up kid...wake...wake...up. Please kid just wake up.....I....I....didn't mean to.....I wouldn't have hurt......please WAKE UP...........PLEASE!!!!!!!

About an hour later the last of the rebels were killed. Akairo was panting....the adrenaline in her system keeping her from realising what had happened around her. She looked around the battlefield, at the mixture of rebel and shinigami corpses that littered the area, the very ground she stood on turning red and black with blood. She couldn't see her captain anywhere so she went to the one place she couldn't see into to the building. Upon stepping over the threshold, bloodstained and wounded she saw Kyobo, knelt on the ground and then raised her hand to her mouth in shock as she saw the limp and blood sodden bundle that was the boy in Kyobo's arms. His clothes were drenched in the boys blood and it was pooled on the floor and already starting to congeal. Kyobo was just staring into space, as if he wasn't actually aware of his surroundings...........

From then on Kyobo became a changed man. He would not harm another person if he could help it. His personality changed, he was more polite, friendly and selfless. The taking of one child made him aware of how precious life was.
Pretty grim post. However tomorrow, I will get another, more cheerful one up. Some stuff came up today that prevented me from getting both up today.
The sky was still dark and the evening was creeping on. Aexus had just finished tying bandages around his cuts and was preparing himself for another one of his infamous naps. Laying his head down on his pillow he closed his eyes and let his body relax. As if by clockwork, one of the members of the Inner Court Troop flash stepped outside his door and loudly knocked on it, interrupting his sleep.

Inner Court Trooper: Captain Gingumaru?

Aexus: *mumbles loudly, clearly agitatedly* What?!

Inner Court Trooper: May I enter Captain?

Aexus: (he grunts lazily)

The Inner Court Trooper slid open the door, entered and swiftly closed it behind him. Aexus lifted his head but didn’t open his eyes. Bowing on one knee the Inner Court Trooper continued his message.

Inner Court Trooper: The Captain-Commander urgently wishes to see you. She is atop Sōkyoku Hill awaiting your arrival.

Aexus: What… now?

Inner Court Trooper: It is urgent. That was all. Goodbye Captain Gingumaru.

The Inner Court Trooper got back to his feet, slid open the door and quickly flash stepped away.

Aexus: *grumbles* Were you born in a barn!? Shut the door behind you! (he groans to himself) What does she want with me?

He picked up his zanpakutō, strung it to his waist and set out for Sōkyoku Hill.

Senya had been waiting patiently for the arrival of Aexus atop Sōkyoku Hill. More than hour had elapsed since she had sent the Inner Court Trooper to deliver her message. You’d think he’d know better. She continued her gaze, looking upon the beauty of Seireitei while taking in the fresh scents of evening. It was the calm before the coming storm and she valued it.
Suddenly Senya noticed the presence of someone trying to suppress and hide their reiatsu; knowing who it was made her smile briefly, but she did not turn around.

Senya: You are late, Aexus.

Aexus’ face contorted in fright and he awkwardly slinked behind her. Senya continued to face the direction she was standing.

Aexus: *sheepishly* There was trouble in the Squad barracks that I had to sort out first…

Senya: You are a terrible liar; and you of all people should know how I feel about liars. (she releases her reiatsu, causing Aexus to flinch in fear) I expected you to come within minutes. It shouldn’t really be a difficult task for someone of your calibre, should it now? (she suppresses he reiatsu again)

Aexus: *fear is evident in his voice*Sorry ma’am…

Senya: (she sighs) Try not to do it again Aexus. I need to discuss a very (she deliberates her next words) secret matter, but we cannot do it here. Follow me.

She almost instantaneously flash stepped in the direction of North Rukongai, with Aexus hurriedly trying to keep up; her speed was immense so it was a difficult task for him.
In a matter of minutes Senya finally arrived at the destination. Aexus arrived several seconds later, and looked at the waiting Captain-Commander with a mix of awe, respect and fear. They were in the middle of small clearing, no bigger than a child’s bedroom, which was surrounded by dense trees. A single stone door was embedded into the ground in the middle of the clearing.

Senya: You need to be quicker, Aexus.

Aexus nodded glumly in response. Senya quickly opened the stone door and seemingly drifted downwards below into the darkness. Aexus looked on.

Senya: *her voice echoes from below* Come on Aexus, time is of the essence.

Aexus followed, shutting the stone door behind him. It was pitch black and he couldn’t see a thing; in fact he could barely sense his Captain-Commander at all and she was only several metres in front of him. He trusted his senses and carefully stepped down the stairs until he finally reached the bottom. He walked forwards a few steps just as light began to dimly fill the room. As he looked around he noticed that it was a completely bare room made entirely of stone, save for the torches that were softly illuminating the room. He then looked at his Captain-Commander who was facing away from him at the end of the room.

Senya: I have a task that you need to perform for me, if the upcoming conflict between us and the Jūzō Hoshō goes ahead, and it requires your zanpakutō; I need the abilities of your zanpakutō.

Aexus: (he sits on the floor and crosses his legs, with an obvious look of curiosity on his face) Why?

Senya: (she still has her back turned) I know all of my Captains very well, and in some cases I know them better than they know themselves. (Aexus cocks his head but his curious expression remains; she then turns around but seems to look through Aexus) I also know secrets about my Captains that they would rather keep to themselves.

Aexus: (Aexus narrows his eyes slightly) *inquisitively* What are you getting at?

Senya: (her eyes meet his) I know everything about Kyomusuke, Aexus (her gaze becomes more intense) even about its bankai.

Aexus’ eyes widened in astonishment with disbelief clearly registering across his face as the words hit him. Senya’s calm demeanour did not waver an inch.

Aexus: How… that’s not possible… (his eyes dart from one place to another as he tries to make sense of the situation) Ippan Kyomushugisha is completely imperceptible… once I reseal it… how??

Senya: That is true, once you reseal Ippan Kyomushugisha everyone that saw it permanently forgets it even exists.

Aexus: So how do you remember it?!

Senya: Because I found the loophole to such a powerful ability. (Aexus begins to glare at her) *bluntly* I never looked at your bankai.

Aexus: *his voice is tinted with concern* Hmm… ?

Senya: After you were appointed a Captain, I thought it strange that I couldn’t recall you ever having attained bankai; after all you passed the Captain Proficiency Test. (she looks at the ceiling briefly, then back at Aexus) Do you remember the second time I called to see your bankai? (Aexus nods slowly) Before you released it that time, I closed my eyes, and sensed its spiritual power and reiatsu instead. When you resealed it again, I opened my eyes and it was then I realised that because I never saw your bankai, its imperceptibility could not affect me. It goes without saying that I also know what abilities Ippan Kyomushugisha possesses.

Aexus: (he recomposes himself while looking down at his zanpakutō) I see. Are you the only one aware of this? You won’t tell anyone will you?

Senya: Of course; like I said before, every Captain has secrets they would rather keep to themselves. This brings me back to my original point: I have a task for you, which requires your zanpakutō. (she unfastens the sash holding her zanpakutō and holds the stave in front of her) Deliver judgment, Gōhō.

Aexus flinched as the Captain-Commander released her shikai. He was overwhelmed by the sheer release of reiatsu, which caused him to turn away in fear and shield his face with his hand.

Senya: This is my shikai; I prefer not to release it as it usually means I have reason to eradicate someone or something. Obviously I have attained bankai… but I do not want to release it at all, neither do I want anyone to see it.

Aexus: (he still has his head turned away) So what do you want me to do?

Senya: If I am forced to release my bankai, after I reseal it, use the abilities of Ippan Kyomushugisha to make everyone in the vicinity forget about its appearance and abilities. Can you do that?

Aexus: *somewhat timidly* Yes ma’am.

Senya: *sternly but calmly* That also means that when I call you, you make it to my vicinity as quickly as you can. (she reseals her zanpakutō and refastens the sash holding it in place) Understand?

Aexus: (with the overwhelming force of her zanpakutō gone, he turns back and looks at Senya) Yes ma’am.

Senya: (she nods) Remember Aexus, no-one is to know about any of this. For all intents and purposes (she gives Aexus a wink) this never happened. You are free to leave, go make any last minute preparations.

Aexus nodded back in agreement as he stood to his feet. He walked back up the stairs, lifted the stone door and flash stepped back to his barracks.
After entering his quarters he slumped heavily on to his pillow and closed his eyes. It would be a hectic future.
last edited Больше года
Interesting post, Ryuu.
Akumu left with the other Captains shortly after Kyobo had departed. They had watched him leave quickly. They all knew he disagreed with going to what would soon be war with the Gotei 13 but they also knew just as well that he would follow his orders and go to battle if required. Akumu walked along side Akihiko and Tomoyo, with their lieutenants bring up the rear, watching the large figure of Kyobo disappear through the Assembly Hall entrance with his lieutenant following in his wake.

Tomoyo: (She looked at the slowly closing doorway with sympathetic eyes) I knew he would react like that. He can not bare the thought of fighting other shinigami. It will tear him apart.....

Akumu: (She interrupted Tomoyo with mild scorn present in her voice) He should get over himself really. We're going to be fighting those Gotei 13 captains and their subordinates, we can not have him backing down from a fight or not finishing the job just because he doesn't want to harm another.

Tomoyo: (She looked at Akumu almost indignantly) Well I find it an endearing quality. He always looks for the peaceful option whenever he can...

Akumu: (She laughed bitterly) Hahaha Him doing that has landed him in so much trouble over the years. A few counts of disobeying orders, a few extra scars adorning his body and more than a few men either being released from duty because of serious injuries or dead.

They both growled at each other.

Akihiko: (He walked between the two of them) Can we please just keep moving? I'd much rather sit down and have this discussion instead of attracting attention with your aggressive behaviour.

Akumu and Tomoyo both settled down.

Akumu: (She decided to change the subject to something a little more cheerful) So Akihiko, how is your mother doing? I know you visited her recently.

Akihiko: (He looked at Akumu with warmth in his eyes) Oh she is doing fine. She is not getting worked too hard and she is still as you remember her, albeit a little older.

Akumu: (She smiled, happy with Akihiko's response) So my Aunt is still the same beautiful, kind, caring individual she always has been. I wish I could have been able to visit her with you Akihiko, I would have loved to see her again.

Akihiko: (They all walked past a throng of busy shinigami, receiving quick bows from the group before they rushed off) She told me that she misses our life here. She especially misses the Academy. It was like a second home to her.

Akumu: (She giggled a little) Hehe That brings back a few memories I can tell you, like that one time.....

_________________________________________­___­___­___­___­___­__

[500 years ago]

Akumu was a young woman. She had gone through half of her stint at the academy and was flourishing as a student. She was a relatively popular student and among the top students in her class. This was however due to some private lessons she got from Captain Kaori Seinosuke, Akihiko's mother. Every few days she would go to the academy and get extra lessons from Captain Seinosuke personally.

One particular day Akumu was working her sword skills. Captain Seinosuke was having her swing her blade in the air. It was early evening. The room they were both in was a large hall like room. One entire wall is a window with wooden beams running vertically up the frame every few meters. The room had a polished wooden floor and white walls, however the colours of the evening sky, coupled with the the low sun cast a golden orange glow onto the floor and walls.

Akumu was sweating a lot and her breath was coming hard. She had been working hard for a while now and felt as if she was going to faint.

Akumu: (She stopped swinging the sword, letting it drop to her side and bent over, panted) Aunty can I have a break now? I've been doing this for an hour now.

Captain Seinosuke: (She crouched down in front of Akumu and wiped her forehead with a cloth) At the moment its Miss Seinosuke, Akumu. The informalities remain outside the classroom.

Akumu: (She sighed as much as her burning lungs could take) Yes miss. So can I have that break?

Captain Seinosuke: (She stood up and donned her Captains Haori that lay on a chair up against the wall opposite the large window) No I think that's enough for today. We've gone through some more advanced Bakudo, Hakuda (She giggled a little as Akumu rubbed her back which had sustained a bit of a battering from the hakuda training) and some zanjutsu work as well. We have done more than enough work today. Besides I have got a family of three to feed so I can not hang around too much longer. However......

Akumu: (She looked up in intrigue at that last word) Yes?

Captain Seinosuke: (She looked at Akumu with a grin on her face) I could make it four if you want?

Akumu did not respond with words, rather she just leapt into the arms of Captain Seinosuke.

Akumu: (She had a large grin plastered on her face) Thank you, aunty. Thank you!

They both left the academy shortly afterwards. Akumu found the evening air so refreshing after working so hard. She could not wait to eat. Not only was Captain Seinosuke a great teacher and captain but she was also a great cook.

Akumu: (She seemed really eager to the older woman) So how's Aki been doing?

Captain Seinosuke: (She looked down at her with the seemingly constant grin on her face) He has been doing fine. The training has been tough on him but he is pulling through it marvellously. However I would not use that nickname around him if I was you. Jisano only just gets away with it as it is and he is Akihiko's childhood friend after all.

Akumu: (She had a blatant irritated look on her face at the mention of Jisano) What that punk? Aki has only gotten into trouble a lot of the time thanks to him. Aki may be a genius and everything but he has a poor choice in friends.

Captain Seinosuke: (She laughed a little. Her laugh was sweet and delicate to Akumu's ears and made her feel relaxed) Hahahaha By that logic then you are one of his poor choices of friends.

Akumu: (She felt a little indignant at the response) But we're family so it's different.

Captain Seinosuke: (She smiled at Akumu's response) I know dear. He tresures yo like you were a sister to him, just as I treasure you like a daughter. I envy your mother in that respect. Though I know she is fairly busy nowadays. Being Captain of the Vanguard division does that to you.

Akumu: (She sighed at the thought of her mother who was being run ragged by the various thefts that had been swamping Chīsai. The Vanguard unit were too full of pride to ask for help. What started as a small wave of crimes in east Chīsai, that was under their jurisdiction, had turned into a mass crime spree that was everywhere around Chīsai.) Or at east when your too full of pride to ask for help. She's been working non-stop for ten days now. She only breaks for naps and food.

Captain Seinosuke: I know it is tough to not see her that much Akumu but that is what me, Aki, when he's free at least or my husband are here for. We all want to help where ever we can.

Akumu: (She sighed again) I know.

Now the Seinosuke manor came into view. It was a large and grand building that had extensive gardens and terraces in the grounds. It held a lot of memories for Akumu having spent a lot of time here when she was younger.

Captain Seinosuke: (She grabbed Akumu's hand with her own and sped up her pace) Well Akumu I have a feeling you going to be happy tonight (She pointed to a figure who was walking to the front gate. he was dressed in a regular shinigami uniform)

Akumu: (She let go of of captain Seinosuke and ran toward the figure, shouting at the top of her lungs.) AKI!!!!!!
Great post! :)
Am I approved?
[A Tale of Two Blades]

(His eyes carefully danced upon the distant stars, blanketing the midnight sky. He tilted his head, peering into his office at a framed picture. He approached the photograph, summoning memories cemented in the past. He lifted the frame, gazing into the eyes of his predecessor. His father’s stoic gaze was uncompromising, but offset by the unsurpassed beauty and fragility of his mother. Her soft stare pierced his mind, forcing him to relive what once was. He carefully set the frame on the grandiosely carved end table. His mind slowly drifted, recalling her gentle, warm tone and subtle aroma of Frangipani blossoms. Her voice echoes, as he both his mother and father come into view.)

795 years ago…

Captain Kaori Seinosuke: (She slowly approaches her son, draped in traditional captain attire, the symbol for squad seven clearly expressed on the rear-side of her uniform) Akihiko, what have I told you about wandering amongst the Chisai without an appropriate escort?

Akihiko: (He glances at her, smiling coyly from beneath his lavishly designed attire) I’ll be sure to notify you next time, mother. Jisano…

Kaori: No, no. None of that, Akihiko. You’re just as responsible for misbehaving as Jisano. It would be simpler if Jisano were allowed on Mujūryoku seiiki. The rules are silly and I wish they’d abolish them.

Akihiko: You said rules have purpose, though. If rules could be so easily abolished, why have them in the first place?

Kaori: Akihiko, you mustn’t think so rigidly. Remember, order is not absolute. There will be many times in life when what we know and have come to expect will require maintenance. Those with strong minds and hearts can easily embrace the unwanted burden of change.

Captain Masanori Seinosuke: -Captain of division 9- Listen to your mother, Akihiko. She boasts wisdom beyond even that of her fellow captains.

Kaori: (She smiles softly, approaching her husband for a long embrace) Tell me, why is it if I am so wise that you still refuse to heed my advice?

Masanori: Small steps, Kaori. I never claimed you were wiser than all your fellow captains (he grins politely for a moment). Akihiko, have you been focusing on your instructions?

Akihiko: (He glances at his mother, shifting his Japanese laurel colored eyes back to his father’s stern expression) I already participate in classes at the academy, must I practice at home, too?

Masanori: It is your responsibility, as my son, to claim my mantle once I have moved-on from the 13 sentry. Don’t disgrace our family with your petty excuses and squabbling. I want progress, nothing else, Akihiko.

Kaori: Masanori, please, you’re being far too hard on him. He’s making incredible strides as a student at the academy. He has already mastered basic skills, while his classmates continue to struggle.

Masanori: Akihiko, go to the courtyard and practice duel-blade compositions. I expect you to have mastered the techniques I demonstrated. I’ll be there in a short while to oversee your progress.

Akihiko: Yes, father (he glumly proceeds to the courtyard).

Masanori: You’re soft on him, Kaori. We must cultivate a strong, independent, and capable soul reaper, not a lazy, misbehaved delinquent like Jisano.

Kaori: Bite your tongue, Masanori. Jisano is a wonderful young-man, and your son’s closest friends. He, as well as Akihiko, show considerable promise and I won’t chastise them for behaving like children when they still are as much.

Masanori: I want Akihiko to grow and become a phenomenal captain, not a goof and hot-headed brute. He must demonstrate reservation, Kaori.

Kaori: You’d be surprised how much he already exhibits those characteristics, Masanori. Calm your mind, please. Don’t force him into success at the expense of your relationship.

Masanori: You’re right. You always are (he smiled at his beautiful wife). I won’t ease up on his training, though. He can achieve solidification of his zanpakuto if he continues to hone his craft. (He slowly approaches Akihiko, watching as he skillfully wields two blades, delivering quick, aggressive strikes). No, Akihiko, you need to calm your mind and place more restraint on your delivery.

Akihiko: What do you mean? My form is perfect!

Masanori: It is, but you’re too focused on the strength at which you swing, not the strategy. You mustn’t force your strength and will into the blade, otherwise you’ll find your strikes will be haphazard, ill-focused, and disadvantageous. You’ll open yourself for counter-attack, my son. Ease into each attack and utilize your analysis of your opponent to your best advantage. A keen mind can decipher any strategy.

Akihiko: (He narrows his brow for a moment, only to abruptly shift his posture and calm his expression. He begins composing a dance of blades, maintaining a swift, but gentle composure.

Masanori: Yes, that’s right. Envision the blades as an extension of your body. They are not separate, you are one. Your movements are improving, Akihiko. This is key to proper swordsmanship.

Akihiko: (He does not hesitate, continuing his training. He abruptly swings around and stops his blade as it reaches the neck of a dummy. He opens his eyes, and withdraws his blade).

Masanori: Your kindness is something I admired about your mother, Akihiko. You preserve that quality. Never lose that, it makes you greater than the rest.

Masanori: Continue this for another two hours. I will return and we will proceed advanced techniques and form.

Akihiko: (He continues his grueling training, swiftly moving about the courtyard, wielding his duel blades).

???: Pstt…Pstt. Aki…

Akihiko: (He continues his movements, but narrows his eyes and grins)

Jisano: (Suddenly a blade passes by his face, striking the wall beside him. He slinks back, taking a strong gulp. His eyes widen and his temper flares) WHY THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT?!

Akihiko: I said to stop calling me Aki, plus, you should never sneak up on someone with blades.

Jisano: I WASN’T SNEAKING! I ANNOUNCED MYSELF!

Akihiko: Whispering from the bushes doesn’t qualify as an announcement, Jisano. (He resumes his form) Shouldn’t you be practicing, anyhow? My mother is going to scold you for neglecting your studies.

Jisano: I needed a break. Stop babbling and come join me on an adventure!

Akihiko: (He approaches Jisano, drawing the blade from the wall) No. I have to continue training. My father will be assessing my progress in two hours.

Jisano: Don’t be so uptight. Your old man is so…

Akihiko: Jisano, if you want to be useful, why not duel me?

Jisano: Those are real blades, though?

Akihiko: Exactly! (He directs his eyes toward a large, vertical chest with an assortment of blades) Grab two from there and spar with me.

Jisano: Hah…(he grins widely). Sure, Aki. I’ll demonstrate my superior skill. This is a perfect opportunity, honestly. (He approaches the chest and grabs two blades)…you’re going to see just how…AGH….(He flips back, dodging a swipe from Akihiko. He begins stumbling backwards as Akihiko begins thrusting his blades forward) WAIT….I wasn’t ready, Aki!! WHAT THE HELL?!

Akihiko: As soon as you agreed to spar, you should have been ready. What happened to that skill you were prepared to demonstrate?

Jisano: (His blades clash with Akihiko’s, sending sparks to the sides. His left arm feels disengaged from the battle, while his right does all the work. He shrugs off this different and begins an assault on Akihiko. He swings his blade, spinning and twisting to try and throw off his opponent’s sight. Akihiko abruptly flash-steps out of the sight, baffling the young Jisano. He swings his left arm, attempting to block Akihiko’s advance.)

Akihiko: (He strikes Jisano’s blade, and immediately follows with a precise strike from his right hand, disarming Jisano. Before Jisano can react, he blades the blades to his chest). Ah, ah. I think this duel is over.

Jisano: You cheated…

Akihiko: Not really. I simply demonstrated just how ill-trained you are. You want me to go gallivanting around the city, but you and I clearly need to continue training. Plus, you haven’t been practicing with two blades.

Jisano: Tsk…(He scoffs, throwing the blade to the ground) So. It’s boring.

Akihiko: Learning to battle with two blades is vital for understanding the flexibility of battling with a katana.

Jisano: Okay, whatever. Let’s have some fun!

Akihiko: I can’t…

Kaori: I could have sworn I instructed you to be practicing, Jisano. Am I mistaken by recalling such a memory?

Jisano: …Captain Seinosuke. No, no…I just wanted to see Aki.

Akihiko: Stop calling me that…(he scowls).

Kaori: Run along, Jisano. Akihiko’s father and I wish for him to continue training. I’ll see you tomorrow at the academy. After lessons, you can run-off on an adventure. Alright?

Jisano: Sure...I mean, yes, Captain Seinosuke.

Kaori: (She watches as he scampers into the distance) Clever tactic, exploiting his weakness, darling.

Akihiko: Hah…(he rubs the back of his head). You taught me well.

(1 year later).

Officer: The next selected will be…Akihiko Seinosuke (Thunderous applause erupt from the surrounding parties as they watch the select-group collect by Captain Kaori Seinosuke). The final name to be selected is…Jisano Meibatsu (More thunderous applause erupts, as he joins his friend, Akihiko).

Jisano: (He whispers to Akihiko) Aren’t you excited?! We’re going to participate in advanced training!!!

Akihiko: (He smiles brightly) Yes, this should be great! We need to remain focused, though…(as he calms his expression).

Jisano: (he nudges him) Oh, stop being so dried-up. I swear you’re becoming an old grump.

Akihiko: I am not grumpy, I am focused. We need to enter this with a strong work-ethic and a serious disposition. We want to be taken seriously.

Jisano: Your mother always takes you seriously.

Akihiko: Do you even know what this is for?

Jisano: (He purses his lips and squints his eyes, narrating his indecision with a lingering groan) Ahhhh…I vaguely remember. I’m just glad I was selected.

Akihiko: (He shakes his head) You’re so foolish sometimes, Jisano. We’re learning to manifest our zanpakuto.

Jisano: Really? Really?! WOW (he shouts loudly)!

Akihiko: (They both shrink in place, as attention shifts to them) Shut up…you’re so loud.

(In the distant weeks…)

Kaori: Calm your minds and spirits. Allow all that troubles you and distracts you drift into the void. Concentrate on the energy the fuels your kido and flash-step. Use that invigorating force to summon the unknown from your body, the unfamiliar. Accept it, welcome it. Delve deep into your inner-mind and greet what lies in waiting. Once you can successfully reach it, whatever it may be, you can finally extract its power and shape it.

Akihiko: (He quietly meditates, with a body like stone and a mind like still waters. Energy begins to resonate from his body, as he is enveloped by spiritual energy).

Kaori: Good, good. You’re all doing wonderfully. (Her attention is suddenly arrested by the glowing relic dangling from his hop. It flutters, glowing faintly. Her eyes divert to her waist, watching as it flickers about. She observes the various students, her eyes scanning each with suspicion. She watches her own son, shifting her attention to Jisano momentarily. The relic begins pulsating, driven mad by the energy it was constructed to detect. She steadies her eyes as each student begins to radiate energy).

Akihiko: (Delving deep into his mind, he swims through his consciousness, in search of answers. The landscape abruptly shifts from darkness to long, winding corridors, each lined with hundreds of doors, each possessing a different appearance and size. A voice calls to him)

???: You are beginning to learn, Akihiko.

Akihiko: (He looks around with bewilderment, as he enters the elaborate maze) Are you who I think you are?

???: Trust your instincts, they will help illuminate your path. Finding me won’t be easy, Akihiko. We are special, I am special. I want our bond to be just as unique. Find me. Search for me.

Akihiko: (He wanders through the corridors, refusing to open a single door. Something inside himself instructs him to do otherwise. Continue walking, without hesitation. He finally enters an expansive room, with a door directly in the center, surrounded by additional doors). The answer is obvious…

???: It should be. We are one. What I know, you know. It is our bond.

Akihiko: (He walks past the door in the center, and focusing his attention to the doors backside. On the opposite end of the door, resides a series of stairs, leading to the voice that calls for him. He begins climbing the stairs, ascending to the very top. He walks into a room, encased in vibrant gold hues. He spots a single individual, residing on a throne, located at the very edge of the room. He approaches the individual, as he or she calmly looks out a window at a world consumed by winding corridors and doorways. The sky is filled with doors, as is the ground, and walls.) You are my spirit…

???: I am. I’ve been waiting for you, Akihiko.

Akihiko: What is your name?

???: Not so quickly, Akihiko. In due-time. We must learn to harmonize and then you may utilize my name and power. We are a unique pair, know this. There is another, however. You must earn me, otherwise I cannot be yours.

Akihiko: Very well. This all so confusing, though.

???: It will all make sense. Now…concentrate on me and I will be realized in material form. We shall grow together, Akihiko. Let our strength be one….

Akihiko: (His consciousness abruptly reenters his corporeal body and he opens his eyes, a blade lying delicately in his lap). …(he looks down, reveling in his success). I did it.

Kaori: You certainly did (she smiles warmly at him, as she cuffs the relic in her hand).

Later that day…

Kaori: Head-Captain, I have discovered the two of the four children of prophecy.

Head-Captain: Oh? Do they demonstrate promise?

Kaori: Yes…they do.

Head-Captain: The other two will be discovered relatively soon. This is how it always runs its course. Soon you will need to begin vigorously training the four individuals attuned to the two sibling blades of prophecy. Tell me, who are the two?

Kaori: Jisano Meibatsu and….my son, Akihiko.

last edited Больше года
I will add more to this story later this evening. If not, I will tomorrow.
last edited Больше года
Am I approved I ask again?
There isn't even a captain of sqaud six, so I recommend you choose one that has an active captain and you can collaborate with them. At that point, sure. Although, I know you just hurried together a zanpakuto.
Больше года silverexorcist said…
The Backstory of the Timid Priestess

Tomoyo Daidōji sat inside a dimly lit room alone with one other person, both wearing captain robes. The other person sat on a slightly higher elevation and Tomoyo’s posture made her seem small and unnecessarily insignificant, indicating the difference in their position, although Tomoyo’s naturally modest nature was more to blame for her state rather than any customs that may have applied.

“I see.” The head-captain spoke with a nod. “You’ve been working quite hard to accomplish what you have thus far.”

“Thank you, head-captain.” Tomoyo bowed her head slightly with gratitude. “Though I must say that I am still slightly reluctant.”

“I am not surprised. You’ve always been half-hearted when it came to violence. But your contributions even then are appreciated. You remind me of Rukako.”

“You’re still the only person to see a resemblance between me and grandmother.” Tomoyo smiled wryly as she looked up at the head captain of the Jūzō Hoshō.

“So I’ve heard. I’ll admit, she was an imposing woman. Even so, the ostensible appearance of a person isn’t all that defines them.”

“I suppose so.”

Tomoyo replied simply as she closed her eyes gently with nostalgia. Rukako Daidōji was likely the most terrifying woman Tomoyo had ever known, and the person she respected as her teacher and predecessor. As such, her memories of the woman were always teetering between inspiring and nightmarish.

Whichever it was, the woman earned a lot of praise for her invention of Sumitsuki.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Several centuries earlier
Two women were walking along the side of a path between a forest and lake at a casual pace, both wearing ceremonial robes. Not too far away, a cart for Japanese nobles rolled along casually, awaiting the return of the two.

The older woman of the two pulled a leaf from the nearest tree and held it up to the young girl with her. The woman had her long dark hair pinned up in a complicated fashion with several orange and red ribbons and resembled the present day Tomoyo almost exactly. However, her eyes were a kind blue color rather than scarlet, like the young child beside her.

“All in the world has life.” The woman spoke gently as the young child took the leaf and laid it in her palm. “Plants and animals go without saying. We, who are spirits of those who have once died, still live even after passing. Nature itself is a living, breathing thing that is made up of all else that lives. So in a way, one could say that at its most basic state, this leaf is no different than you or I.”

The young girl didn’t reply. She only nodded timidly as she tilted her palm to let the leaf tumble off of it slowly and watched as it floated gently toward the grass at their feet.

“The very foundation of the concept we know as ‘life’ in this world of the dead is called the ‘reiryoku’. It is all that we are and all that we are not. While not much is known about it, we are still aware of its existence.”

“…Kido…”

The woman smiled as the young child spoke the single word with a strange sort of fascination in her voice. Despite her lack of words, it was clear she comprehended everything said with wonderful efficiency.

“Exactly right, Tomoyo. Kido is the power of using the power of life around us in order to give shape to new things.”

“Mother, if we do not understand the reiryoku but can create so much with it, would that not mean we would be able to create life if we understood it enough?”

“That’s an interesting question my dear. I would not be able to say. While we are not different from anything else on a basic level, being able to create life may not be so simple.”

“But not impossible.”

The woman sighed with a smile as Tomoyo grinned happily as she stared at the leaf on the ground in fascination.

“Yes, my dear. Nothing is impossible.”

Just then, the sound of a door sliding open with a loud crack echoed through the air and both girls looked up in surprise to see a short bundle of robes sitting inside the carriage, having opened the door with a violent but swift push. Upon closer inspection, they could see that sitting within the bundle of cloth was a wrinkled old woman with a face that was likely no bigger than Tomoyo’s. In fact, the woman’s entire body was smaller than Tomoyo’s and much frailer. Age had apparently withered her body to its currently state, though her long white hair that was pinned up in an unimaginably convoluted fashion still seemed quite firm.

“Do not taint that child with false hopes and dreams, Rumiho.”

The woman spoke with a powerful voice as she stared directly at the two with sharp eyes that held no sign of senility, despite the advanced age of the woman.

“While it may be true that we do not know enough to say for sure, creating something that is self-aware would not be as easy as you are imagining. You’d have to be willing to sacrifice lives in order to create just one failed creation. In terms of balance, the scales would shatter completely.”

“B-But…”

Tomoyo spoke hesitantly as she attempted to respond to her grandmother’s harsh words.

“If you simply assume that, without trying—”

“Do not try to lecture me on whether or not I’ve have tried things, child. Listen well. Kido is labeled demon magic for a reason. As Rumiho told you, all is life. The reiryoku is the very essence of that life and we manipulate it in order to produce kido. Essentially, kido is the result of messing with the natural order of the world, creating unnatural phenomena for our convenience. But if one tugs at nature, one will find it connected to everything else. Kido carries the risk of unprecedented chaos and destruction.”

“I-It does?”

“Why do you think even captains can only use kido that have been approved of and numbered properly? Kido is created after careful analysis of its possible effects on reality and any preventative modifications needed must be done before it can be used. Even I, the head of the secretive kido corps, cannot use restricted spells for fear of destroying my own fragile body. By messing with the natural order of the world, we are performing something similar to demonic magic, hence the name of ‘kido’.”

“Mother, please.” Rumiho Daidōji frowned as she touched a hand to her trembling daughter’s shoulder. “There is no need to be so blunt. Tomoyo is still young.”

“It’s best she knows now before she gets any misconceived ideas about our line of work. All that I said is the truth. But whether or not she has the courage to continue on even after that…”

Rukako Daidōji eyed Tomoyo without expression before turning her gaze away.

“But even though it is demonic magic, we still use it. Contemplate on why that is, child, before you ask to join the kido corps.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Deep inside what seemed to be a library, a large table was set up at the center of several tall book shelves. Several people in robes sat around the table, many of them officers of the kido corps. At the head of the table was Rukako Daidōji’s small frame. To her right was her daughter, Rumiho. Sitting beside Rumiho was Tomoyo, as timid as ever, though she looked slightly older.

“The completion of Ākaibu is nearly here.” Rumiho was saying. She was looking directly at her mother, though her words were clearly intended for the whole table. “Your legacy will no doubt be acknowledged. Now that there is room, it seems the Jūzō Hoshō see it only fair to invite the kido corps to become a squad so it may work more directly with the others.”

Rukako Daidōji continued to glare down at the table in silence. When she didn’t respond, the others at the table voiced their own opinions.

“The kido corps has never been a group meant to fight on the front lines, like the Jūzō Hoshō. It goes against our principles to become a squad.”

“Are you forgetting that we only have those principles because we were never a squad? We shouldn’t be so rigid that we can’t change when needed to.”

“Our job has always primarily been support, though. What benefits us if we become a squad? Won’t we just become more restricted?”

“We’ve already been given a lot of restrictions. If anything, being a squad will be cause for them to relax their tight hold slightly.”

“But what happens if—”

“SILENCE!”

The entire table fell into a stunned silence as a strong yell came from the shriveled form of Rukako. They all expected her to give her opinion on the matter, but instead, the old woman turned her head to look past Rumiho and toward the young girl with scarlet eyes, who was blushing fiercely.

“Tomoyo wishes to speak.”

Tomoyo jumped slightly when Rukako said her name and she opened her mouth to respond. After making a slight croak, her face turned even redder and she shut her mouth again, her eyes filled with hesitation.

“Speak up, child. If not, we’ll have no choice but to completely ignore your opinion.”

Tomoyo continued to dither for several more seconds, coupled with a few false starts, before she took a deep breath and spoke.

“If the kido corps joins the Jūzō Hoshō, will be able to use our kido ourselves, rather than allow others to endanger themselves trying to us it properly for the sake of letting us see how it works, won’t it? In any case, even if we become a squad, we’ll still essentially be the kido corps, right? There’s not real reason for us to become warriors on the frontlines…just because we’re…a squad…”

Tomoyo began to mumble toward the end as she noticed all of the men at the table staring at her, mostly due to the fact that they had never heard her speak for so long. Tomoyo’s mother smiled proudly and placed her hand over her daughter’s on the girl’s lap.

Tomoyo’s eyes drifted toward Rukako’s stony gaze almost subconsciously and she flinched as she instantly began to apologize.

“I-I’m sorry if I spoke naively…I’m not entirely sure of the politics involved with becoming a squad…”

“You have a friend who’s part of the Jūzō Hoshō, don’t you?” Rukako asked, completely ignoring Tomoyo’s rambling. Tomoyo blinked in surprise.

“You mean Akihiko? Y-Yes, but he’s…not really…the reason I…”

Rukako sighed as Tomoyo fell silent once more, refusing to make eye-contact with anyone else.

“Really, child. You should really learn to speak your mind more often. If you lack confidence in your words, people with disregard them.”

“But mother, she has a valid point.” Rumiho brought the conversation back to the topic at hand. “If we’re using our kido ourselves in combat, our efficiency rate will increase substantially. And they shouldn’t force us to convert into a normal combat squad as well, since there is really no precedence with this sort of situation.”

“Yes, yes, I know.” Rukako sighed irritably. “I honestly don’t care whether or not we become a squad so long as I can do my work. But if I recall correctly, those fools in the Gotei 13 don’t have a squad merged with a kido corps either. I suppose this will help distinguish us.”

“Please don’t make decisions based on that sort of incentive.” Rumiho sighed as Rukako hopped down from the chair and strode off with her hands folded behind her back. “I’ll send our reply to the Jūzō Hoshō, accepting their offer.”

“Go ahead.” Rukako replied without much interest in her voice as the other men at the table began to leave to return to their work. She paused right beside Tomoyo’s seat without turning. Tomoyo didn’t notice her at first, but jumped slightly as the old woman spoke quietly.

“Whoever holds the title of priestess must be a figure of reverence and respect in the kido corps, child. I dislike your womanly ethics…but I suppose I will let it slide just this once. Do try to do something about your shyness in the meantime.”

Tomoyo looked down to ask her grandmother just what she meant, but the old woman had already disappeared, striding off into the high bookshelves. The young girl wondered just what the old woman had meant by her words. She’d sensed a great amount of hidden meaning, but could not understand any of it at all.
last edited Больше года
Eh? But my character is captain of squad 6.
worried
Oh, really? Whoops! My bad!
It's okay. In case you forgot. His name is Inochi Iriguchi. His lieutenant is Lieutenant Kaikyo Kiara, but that's not really important.
[Fated Dissolution]

(15 years later, the inevitable battle, characteristic of the blade phenomenon, is upon the horizon. In the coming hours, the two who share a zanpakuto must duel for ownership, slaughtering the other, without mercy, for only one can wield a zanpakuto, none shall share its strength.)

Akihiko: (3rd seated officer, ninth division – His body remains cemented to the ground, still and lifeless, as he effortlessly meditates.)

Akumu: Is this Jinzen, Kaori?

Captain Kaori Seinosuke: Yes, it is, Akumu. You’ll discover your zanpakuto soon enough. Give it time.

Akumu: ( her head twists toward Kaori, frowning boldly) I didn’t even say anything?

Captain Kaori Seinosuke: You didn’t need to, my dear. It paints the very words that pass your lips. When your mind becomes as calm as his, you, too, will achieve Shikai and be able to perform Jinzen.

Akumu: Rumor has it that he’s been practicing Bankai…

Kaori: Those are simply rumors. One cannot practice Bankai unless they’ve achieved it. He’ll get there someday, but not now. We must simply hope his bond with his Zanpakuto is strong and unbreakable, for he duels his rival today.

Akumu: Tsk…Aki is ten-times stronger than that bafoon, Tsutomu.

Kaori: (She chuckles softly, but immediately resumes her quiet worry) We shall see….

Akumu: Why don’t you show the same faith in Aki as I do, Aunt Kaori?

Kaori: It has nothing to do with an absence of faith or confidence, Akumu, I simply recognize the dangers. An honest heart can always distinguish the looming threats, despite their confidence. If I were to consciously say I was not worried, I would be dishonest.

Akumu: Well, I’m not worried. He’s the strongest person I know…he has to win!

Kaori: (She glances down at Akumu, her soft eyes scanning her niece’s expression) You’re just as worried as I am, if not more.

Akumu: …(she hesitates to respond, her words cascading violently in her head).

Kaori: A mother’s love is infinite, blinding in many cases. But despite that, despite my affection for my son, I don’t depend on him in the same ways you do. (She looks down at her niece, abruptly returning her gaze to Akihiko) you need him to continue to grow, as he is a source of reassurance and strength. My strength and success as a soul reaper isn’t contingent on him.

Akumu: (She stares at the ground, refusing to look at her best friend, her cousin)

Kaori: Akihiko defines my life as a mother, not a warrior. If he were to lose, my heart would suffer, not my strength. You would experience double the burden, I’m afraid.

Akumu: …he’s not going to lose. He can’t…

Kaori: Let’s allow our positive thoughts to permeate what matter of destiny is afoot. And hopefully our selfish intent will be convincing, if otherwise.

Akihiko: (Suspended deep within his consciousness, Akihiko speaks to his zanpakuto) You say that as though you’re truly confident in my skills as a soul reaper.

Kiwamete: You disapprove of my confidence, Akihiko? That’s silly. We are one, and with that, we have a bond that gives one another strength.

Akihiko: You say that, but you share allegiance with another.

Kiwamete: Yes, but he shares something with my other half, not unlike me. We are alike, but different. I am yours and you are mine. Bonded.

Akihiko: You keep saying that. I believe I understand, so it is unnecessary to repeat yourself?

Kiwamete: Are you? You may be able to hide your thoughts, but where do you suppose they go when you dissociate? They reside within the recesses of your mind, where I can freely access them. I sense your concern. You worry that our bond is not true, not authentic because I am shared with another. But remember, like the ocean, which splits into two mighty, gushing rivers….

Akihiko: …you share a source, Kiwamete. Ironically, that is the foundation of my concern.

Kiwamete: We share a beginning, that is all. By appearance alone we seem to share something, but if you look closely and accept what has been provided to you, we are two separate entities. The rivers are separate, traveling in diverging trajectories. Different people and different lands are provided nutrients by our waters. That should be your focus.

Akihiko: (He sets beside Kiwamete, on a twin throne) Alright. I will give you credit, you are quite persuasive.

Kiwamete: Persuasive, no. I am correct.

Akihiko: Hah…(he smiles softly). Yes, you are. I am ambivalent, however.

Kiwamete: Yes, I understand. That is your choice, but…

Akihiko: It’s fine. You don’t need to remind me. I am more than capable of defeating Tsutomu. He doesn’t compare to my strength or training.

Kiwamete: (He looks out the window, viewing the massive landscape of Akihiko’s inner-world) Your confidence is reflective of this world, Akihiko. (He turns and smiles) We shall remain the victors.

Akihiko: Tsutomu is nothing but an arrogant delinquent. He doesn’t respect his gifts, nor does he show any level of restraint. It’s disgraceful and adolescent. His hubris will likely defeat him far before I even draw my blade.

Kiwamete: Beware, Akihiko…I sense desperation in this man. He will not be as merciful as you. Do not succumb to your own beliefs, simply for the sake of compassion. You have a tremendous future. It must not be squandered on the life of a man who cannot appreciate what he has been provided.

Akihiko. I understand, Kiwamete. I must return. The battle is not far off.

Kiwamete: However you choose to thwart his efforts, I will support you.

Akihiko: (He opens his eyes, glancing at Akumu and his mother) I wouldn’t expect much else.

Akumu: Aki! How was your meeting with your zanpakuto?

Akihiko: Ha. Fine, Umu. Mother, I am ready (delivered with a stern glare).

An hour later

(Convening in a giant, flat-area court-yard, resembling a stadium in venue, is all of the Juzo Hosho. They will preside of the two battles between Akihiko and Tsutomu and Jisano and Jisano and Hiro.)

Akihiko: (He walks calmly with his family, both his Captain-class parents on either side, Akumu trailing not far behind. He and his parents stand beneath a neatly decorated canopy, one prepared for each noble family. He steps from beneath the canopy, entering the area. His gait is composed as he continues to journey toward the center).

Tsutomu: (He slowly approached the center, glaring at Akihiko’s calm disposition. He grins widely) So, are you ready for defeat?

Akihiko: You’re much too delighted to engage in this brutish tradition.

Tsutomu: I see the fear is getting to you, Akihiko.

Akihiko: (He remains silent, choosing not to dignify his opponents response).

Tsutomu: ..Tsk. You’re just as haughty as ever, flaunting your wealth and prestige around…

Akihiko: (He quietly stares at Tsutomu as he speaks his venomous words. He observes from his periphery Rukako summoning a barrier around the area, protecting observers from any potential recoil. He slowly places his hand on his hilt, snapping his blade loose with his thumb). You’re incredibly disillusioned, Tsutomu. If you were half as wise as you believe, you would recognize that it is your own hubris and scorn that will be your undoing.

Tsutomu: (He grinds his teeth, before letting out a grin) We’ll see...but you are the WEAK ONE! (He leaps forward, unsheathing his blade in mid-air, and slicing Akihiko’s direction. As his blade descends, he realizes Akihiko has easily escaped his offensive effort and is observing him from his far left) Flash-step tricks? Really? (He flash-steps toward Akihiko, bringing his blade hurtling to his left. Akihiko blocks the blade, arcing his blade over Tsutomu’s and capitalizing on his own strength, forcing the blade into the ground.)

Akihiko: (He raises his hand, point his finger) Bakudo 9: Geki.

Tsutomu: NO (he screams definitely)! (He thrusts his body backwards, swinging his blade toward Akihiko’s hand. Akihiko withdraws and avoids injury, but Tsutomu is now more determined, in lieu of Akihiko’s prowess). You think you have this won? Acting calmly and not showing a tinge of fear or anxiety!

Akihiko: I don’t need to labor over such trivialities, Tsutomu. You have much more to prove than I, otherwise you wouldn’t be behaving so revoltingly. (He fends off several strikes from Tsutomu. Their blades grind into one another, but Akihiko uses the force to his advantage. His suddenly places weight on the tip of his blade, and anchors it as he slides beneath their blades and to Tsutomu’s right. He alternates his hands, quickly, almost invisibly to Tsutomu, and swiftly begins grinding his blade up the neck of his blade).

Tsutomu: (He watches, in slow motion, as Akihiko’s blade slides up his own, seconds away from severing his head. He leans back, avoiding the blade. It slices into his hair, before he falls on the ground. Akihiko steps on his arm, forcing him to release his blade).

Akihiko: As I mentioned earlier, I had nothing to worry over.

Tsutomu: You think so? HADO 4: BYAKURAI!

Akihiko: (He swiftly escapes to the side, incurring minor damage to his arm).

Tsutomu: (He grabs his blade and stands-up, chuckling as he speaks) You think you’re so incredibly, Akihiko, but you barely compare to my skill….(He is suddenly struck in the gut by Akihiko, and sent hurtling backwards. He recovers, only to be aggressively assaulted by his opponent. He attempts to protect himself from Akihiko’s swift, precise movements. His blade clashes with Akihiko’s, but his movements cannot keep up).

Akihiko: (He begins flash-stepping, revolving around Tsutomu, crashing his blade onto his opponents. He leaps back, allowing Tsutomu to swing his blade forward. Akihiko allows his blade to collide with Tsutomu’s, but draws the majority of it back and see-saws it so it twists around the shaft. He successfully brings his blade around Tsutomu’s blade and disarms him. He takes his palm and releases a repulsive hado into his chest, thrusting him into the distance. He watches as Tsutomu skids across the soil. Akihiko dives forward and places his blade against his throat.) Don’t. You’ll only prolong your embarrassment.

Tsutomu: Do it!

Akihiko: I refuse to participate in this barbaric ritual of bloodshed. I won’t kill you. There are other, more suitable methods for eliminating your involvement with Kiwamete.

Tsutomu: What?

Akihiko: You wouldn’t know of this, Tsutomu. And this is not a result of your hubris or unsurpassed insolence, but it has not been made available to you. You’d be surprised what I have learned is possible.

Tsutomu: You have to kill me, otherwise I win by default.

Akihiko: No. That is your desperation calling out for victory. You have lost and no matter how I choose to deal with you, that will not change. I am superior and this is something you will need to learn to accept.

Tsutomu: Damn you, Akihiko…(he grinds his teeth, his words seething with rage and hatred).

Akihiko: Don’t allow yourself to be consumed by the hatred you have for others, Tsutomu. It will only prepare you for further agony.

Tsutomu: Kiwamete is mine…

Akihiko: That’s where you are wrong. Kiwamete was never yours. You are simply an anomaly able to traverse the thresholds of my bond with my zanpakuto. If I have been taught anything from this experience, it is the grave misguidance everyone holds about this phenomenon. It does not represent that to which they believe. Kiwamete, the sacred blade of Ukishima Rakuen, is not conveniently attuned to two soul reapers. No, it is an opportunity for it to help hone the skills and prepare the true wielder, so they may accurately and mindfully utilize its power for the purpose of justice. Now you know, you were never its true wielder. You were simply a means to an end (He kicks his blade of to the side, striking it with a Bakudo to hold it in place.)

Tsutomu: (He watches as Akihiko walks away, turning his back to him. He contemplates his words, dwelling on the pity and condescension bathing his words). You…you fowl mother fucker. YOU STUPID FUCKER! YOU THINK YOU ARE THE WINNER?! (He leaps forward, thrusting both hands forward) HADO 33: SHAKK...(He is abruptly shot through the chest, leaving a gaping hold. He falls backwards, his eyes widening in shock.

Akihiko: (He doesn’t even look back, instead resuming his approach to the barrier. He glances at Tomoyo, beside her grandmother and mother. They share a long gaze before the barrier is lowered and he is congratulated by hordes of shinigami.)

Captain Masanori Seinosuke: You did superb, Akihiko.

Captain Kaori Seinosuke: What were you discussing before the onset of his rage, Akihiko? Whatever you said appeared to have angered him.

Akihiko: (He looks into his mother’s soft eyes) I simply said that he was not fit enough to be the master of Kiwamete. And I was correct.

Akumu: Aki! You did it! (She hugs him warmly).

Akihiko: (He places his hand on her head) We need to have a discussion, Akumu.

Akumu: (She looks up at him, sporting a concerned expression).

last edited Больше года
It was in the though process when I put out here but it has been gradually, getting better. So I can't be Lieutenant of Squad 6? If so, then may I be Lieutenant of Sqaud 3?
last edited Больше года
I apologize, Rey, I was mistaken about squad six. You are more than welcome to be the lieutenant of said division. Your captain is controlled by wantadog, so you may want to consult with him. You two can collaborate, and what not. Please, however, review the description and familiarize yourself with the plot and current characters.

Also, if your zanpakuto is still under construction, that is fine. I encourage people to evaluate the effectiveness of their designs. Anyways, post, enjoy. :)
@Reyatsu Well I had already made a Lieutenant for squad six and was going to use her, but here's an idea. Since I plan on killing off the current lieutenant. How about your character being a third seat which is promoted to lieutenant after she dies?
That's a great idea. :) I forgot about that, wantadog. Did we ever discuss that further?
Not in detail. All we ever really decided was that one of the Juzo Hosho would kill her in the battle.
Thats good with me plus I want to work on my Juzo Hosho Character.
Rey. You can't be both. It takes away from the authenticity of the story, since you would end up knowing every aspect of it. No. Take one or the other, not both.
Yessir
Counterfeit Memories: Misery among revenge

50 years, following the decisive battle

Lieutenant Akihiko Seinosuke: (He stands calmly as he watches 5th seat, Akumu Shimo, diligently train in an effort to further her rank). You need to calm yourself, Akumu.

Akumu: What do you mean?! I am delivering successful strikes each and every time!

Akihiko: Perhaps, but you’re behaving recklessly. A sound mind is important and you are blatantly dismissing it.

Akumu: What?! Why are you always speaking of this sound mind garbage. My strength is clearly demonstrated through my heavy strik…(she is abruptly quieted by her cousin’s appearance before her.)

Akihiko: If you believe yourself to be sufficient as you are, I challenge you to dislocate a single thread from my kimono. If you can manage that, I will cease.

Akumu: Hah…(she grins wildly) Aki, you are gonna regret challenging me! I’m no little girl anymore.

Akihiko: So you keep insisting. (He begins defending her strikes, easily parrying her efforts. His movements are fluid and quick, decisive and calm. She flash-steps multiple times, striking from behind, but he simple relocates his hand, never changing his posture) I don’t even need to face you to defend. This is what I speak of. Your movements are loud and clumsy.

Akumu: LOUD (She shouts). I’ll show you loud, AKI! (She begins twister her body, using her blade as an anchor. She swings around, but he simply holds holds-out his arm and halts her swift kick. She swoops beneath him and brings her blade hurtling upward. Her body is abruptly jerked and her movements shackled. Her body slams into the ground. Her hilt is struck by his foot and a beam of energy strikes beside her head. Her face loses its color as she dizzily looks up at Akihiko)

Akihiko: You didn’t even notice my blade, in my left hand. You were far too concerned with the strength of your kick and swing of your sword. It passed through your clothing and sutured you to the ground. I was then able to immediately disarm you. As I said, loud and clumsy. (He picks-up his blade and re-sheathes it). Calm yourself, otherwise you’ll never improve.

Akumu: (She is amazed at his skills. A mere lieutenant with such swordsmanship is unheard of. This is not just a product of all his tireless training, but pure talent, which she couldn’t hope to best, even with centuries of practice.)

Akihiko: (He turns to her, his eyes smiling, though his face remains serious. He extends his hand, helping his cousin from the ground). You’ll need to get that mended, I’m afraid.

Akumu: Hah…yeah. It’s fine, though.

Tomoyo: (She quietly stands in the distance, request their attention with no more than a simple gaze)

Akihiko: (He approaches her slowly, brushing the dust from his noble garments) Your expression heralds in grief, Tomoyo. I assume you wouldn’t be here if it didn’t involve me?

Tomoyo: Keenly observed, Akihiko. You have always had a gift for reading me, which may explain our close friendship.

Akumu: Tomoyo…you seem shaken-up, too.

Tomoyo: No, no…I am simply uncertain as to the actions Akihiko would wish to take. We imagined this problem to be dealt with, but, as I predicted, it has returned. I’m sorry, Akihiko.

Akihiko: (His stoic disposition continues to resonate as he calmly walks past Tomoyo) So, he dares to show his face once again. How pitiful. I will handle this accordingly. There is no need for further discourse.

Tomoyo: Your efforts, Akihiko, how shall they differ from those of the past?

Akumu: There is no other alternative, Tomoyo…

Tomoyo: There must be. Perhaps, if we discussed this matter with one of the more trusting captains, it would be a more productive outcome. Your father…

Akihiko: …will only view this as shame to befall my families’ name. It is unavoidable, I am afraid.

Tomoyo: No…you must not…

Akihiko: Kill him? Yes, I must. I spared him once before, warning him to never return. He discarded my counsel, so consequences must ensue.

Tomoyo: (She bows her head) Yes, well…be gentle.

Akihiko: It will be swift, I promise you, Tomoyo. Without Kiwamete, he is nothing more than another chisai.

Akumu: We should likely do this quickly…

Akihiko: Where is he?

Tomoyo: The homing kido I placed on him many decades ago became active within region 17 of San'in.

Akihiko: (Without words he vanishes, Tomoyo and Akumu quickly following suit. He appears in front of a heavily guarded structure, at the center of Mujūryoku seiiki. It was a large, cylindrical building, extending from the surface, but rooted deep into the ground and protruding from beneath the floating islands.)

Guard: Lieutenant Seinosuke, what can Sekaijū do for you?

Akihiko: I wish to be transported to region 17 of San’in. Please, prepare a Shīdo for myself, Lieutenant Tomoyo, and 5th seat Akumu. I wish to leave immediately.

Guard: Yes, Lieutenant. However, I hesitate…

Akihiko: Beyond my status as lieutenant, do not forget my status in the noble family hierarchy. Prepare my transport…now (he delivers with an ominous tone).

Guard: Yes…yes…of course, Lieutenant (his speech is hurried and concerned).

Akihiko: (He and the others walk in the massive building, travelling down a glistening hallway. They enter a chaotic and noisy room, filled with hundreds of oval-shaped pods. They step in as directed by the guard).

Guard: When the doors close, you will be dropped in exactly 10 seconds.

Akumu: Ugh…dropped?

Tomoyo: Have you never been to San’in?

Akumu: No…(suddenly the pod is dropped, hurtling at a profound velocity. It abruptly ceases movement and the door opens.) I feel sick…

Akihiko: There is no time for that, Akumu. Let’s go. Please, track the target, Tomoyo.

Tomoyo: Yes…but a please would be appreciated.

Akihiko: …please (spoken with mild irritation).

Tomoyo: He’s approximately 3.2 kilometers north of our location. But…(her words could not reach Akihiko before he speeds in Tsutomu’s direction).

Akumu: I don’t understand. He never returned to Mujūryoku seiiki nor has he done anything wrong. Why is his mere presence so disturbing to Akihiko?

Tomoyo: It was what was unspoken that disturbed him, Akumu. Tsutobu threatens each of our pride, but that isn’t the crux of the issue. He’s been killing innocent people…

Akumu: What?!

Tomoyo: I suspect this was an effort to attract and lure Akihiko from within Mujūryoku seiiki, as Tsutomu can’t achieve entry. His daring ploy is most disturbing. He would never create such a scene, as he knows it would attract attention, unless he was confident he could thwart the efforts of any level of intrusion.

Akumu: He has something planned for Akihiko…but what?

Tomoyo: I wish I knew, Akumu. Hurry, let’s follow him. He may need our assistance.

(Far in the distance)

Tsutomu: It’s been a while, Akihiko. Even after this many decades, I can still feel your overwhelming stench of superiority.

Akihiko: I’m surprised you’re still able to sense anything. It’s a shame I didn’t completely eliminate your spiritual network the last time we engaged one another.

Tsutomu: You did quite a number on me, this is certain, Akihiko. Unfortunately, your blind caring enabled me to grow stronger. (He turns and grins at Akihiko, holding a blade in his hand).

Akihiko: You couldn’t obtain Kiwamete, so you’ve been reduced to a regular katana. And this is what you hope to defeat me with?

Tsutomu: Is it regular, Akihiko? Look closely.

Akihiko: (He focuses on Tsutomus blade, sensing a faint pulse resonating from the cold steel) That’s impossible…

Tsutomu: My tenacity pushed me even further than I expected, enabling me to materialize a new blade for myself. You destroyed my other one, but no matter your efforts, it is a part of my soul. We can only be separated by death, which you did not provide.

Akihiko: It appears my compassion has proven faulty. I can easily rectify my mistake by annihilating you and your peculiar blade. As I mentioned 50 years ago, I am the true master of Kiwamete. You are nothing more than a pawn in the game of destiny.

Tsutomu: And yet, I managed to generate another blade, even after you destroyed mine. I don’t think your theory is holding up, Akihiko. Seize…Kiwamete.

Akihiko: (He watches as his opponent releases his Shikai, widening his eyes in disbelief) I’m not certain how you achieved Shikai, nor how you obtained another physical sword. Despite these peculiar circumstances, it changes nothing.

Tsutomu: I’m going to kill you and take your place…

Akihiko: Interesting strategy. You’re still as misguided as ever, I see. How do you plan on disposing of me with what little power you possess?

Tsutomu: Little power? I have GREAT POWER! SEE MY BLADE?! (He wields an incredibly long sword, black in appearance) This blade will render you as two halves, Akihiko. I will be the victor today.

Akihiko: If you’re so confident, why not begin the battle with a decisive technique. Please, astonish me.

Tsutomu: Ibajtsa (He swings his blade, creating a force of energy that cleaves through the ground, in Akihiko’s direction)!

Akihiko: Yes, I knew my instincts were correct (said as he quickly severs the technique in-half). You simply pumped your spiritual energy into creating a new blade and wielded a command sequence. It’s true, there is something there, but what counterfeit version of Kiwamete you do have is just as lost as you. It’s so tragic…(He abruptly defends againt Tsutomu’s vicious assault, their blades grinding into one another)

Tsutomu: If you don’t release your Shikai, you will die much sooner.

Akihiko: I believe the opposite to be true, I’m afraid. If I release my Shikai now, you won’t last longer than three minutes.

Tsutomu: Arrogant swine…(he kicks Akihiko, but Akihiko simply blocks with his arm. He abruptly shouts) Ibatsa!

Akihiko: (He stares calmly as the energy explodes from his opponent’s blade, enveloping them. Akihiko dashes from within the surge of energy, skidding across the soil, regaining his balance. He wipes his cheek, smearing the blood from his face). What a terrible distortion of Kiwamete…

Tsutomu: Hahahaha….fucker. You’re going to die!

Akihiko: To think someone of your insignificance could pervert such a title, such a namesake. Kiwamete is neither destructive nor malevolent, so this is nothing but an insult.

Tsutomu: Perhaps you have the fake version you spoke of, Akihiko…this is true power! THIS IS KIWAMETE!

Akihiko: (He scowls at Tsutomu) what audacity to even speak its name after such desecration…

Akumu: (She and Tomoyo watch from a distance) Shouldn’t we be helping him?

Tomoyo: No. We must restrain our own personal feelings. This is a battle Akihiko must conquer. Unfortunately, he refuses to release his Shikai. I can sympathize with his thinking, however. He feels Tsutomu, after his blatant distortion of Kiwamete, doesn’t deserve to experience that of the legendary blade.

Akumu: I don’t understand how he rematerialized a blade or how it has Shikai. It’s abilities are…

Tomoyo: …yes, a painful distortion of Kiwamete’s true abilities. I’m not certain whether I am correct, but his blood lust must have driven him to acquire a twisting of Shikai. In that form it is nothing more than destruction power, fueling by his reiryoku.

Akihiko: (He skillfully avoids each explosive slash, as it sends roaring waves of energy with each stroke. He dodges to his left, but is immediately assaulted by Tsutomu. His blade digs deep into his flesh, blood soaking his clothing. He stands tall, ignoring his wounds) I find you to be such a despicable excuse for a spiritually gifted individual. I find your actions deplorable and by that alone I am obligated to eliminate you. You desire to see my Shikai, but what If I were to completely bypass such an experience.

Tsutobu: What?!?! You’re babbling…

Tomoyo: Akihiko…NO!

Akihiko: Bankai…(the area explodes with tremendous amounts of energy as he watches Tsutobu shield his eyes).

Akumu: What the hell is this?!

Akihiko: You desire to be close with Kiwamete. Well, let me bring you as close as possible…

(Silence)

Tsutobu: (His eyes quake and move-about, as his locates Akihiko behind him, re-sheathing his blade. His eyes roll back in his head and he falls to the ground, lifeless).

Akihiko: Do not speak of this, do I make myself clear?

Akumu: …yes.

Tomoyo: Akihiko…

Akihiko: Enough. Let’s return. I want to forget this depraved series of events.
last edited Больше года
[The Story of the Scientist]

Go back another hundred or so year back to the days where Kyobo was a rank and file shinigami comes another story of his past, but this one at least is not really about him, more the strange girl he found on one particular day.

On this particular day, Kyobo was doing what was widely referred to by the Squad 8 shinigami as "Grunt Work". Kyobo was a well established member of the squad though Captain Chifuyu Shimo (Akumu's Mother and Akihiko's Aunt) had a habit of keeping Kyobo out of the action and giving him mundane chores. As it was, Kyobo was sweeping up the barracks, a job usually given to new shinigami. He had been given this job for two reasons. One: No one wanted to do it for him (In the past Kyobo had often persuaded others to do it for him) and secondly: He had managed to anger Captain Shimo. In his own mind it was an accident but nearly hitting the Captain's daughter with his zanpakuto whilst showing off did not persuade the infuriated Captain.

Around midday Kyobo was still sweeping the same corridor having refused to do it on the grounds that "grunt work" was beneath him. But after an hour of sitting on the floor, he just got on with it, but took his time. He was wiping the sweat from his brow, looking back down the length of the corridor, admiring his work when Captain Shimo walked up to him with her lieutenant walking beside her.

Captain Shimo: (She looked at Kyobo with eyes full of disdain and mild annoyance) Sodo! (Kyobo immediately stood to attention. Not daring to breath or look into the Captains eyes for that matter) Look at me when I'm talking to you! (He looked at his Captain. She was shorter than him by 2 or 3 feet and unlike her daughter had brown hair but apart from those two details, they looked almost identical) I asked you to sweep the barracks three hours ago and you have only just managed to reach the end of one hall (a vessel pulsed in her temple) Why I ought to....

Lieutenant: (He placed a hand on her shoulder) Remember Captain Shimo, you blood pressure....

Captain Shimo: (She calmed down but Kyobo noticed it was visibly difficult for her to do so) Yes right. Look Sodo I have a job for you to do. The Kido Corp have noticed some very abnormal reiatsu signatures in District 53 Bara Saku . We want you to investigate it. And when I say investigate, I do not mean rip the place apart and terrorise the locals. Understand?

Kyobo: (He could only nod to her. She sighed and turned around)

Captain Shimo: See that you get it done faster than you sweep a hallway.

_________________________________________­___­___­___­_

The Bara Saku District was known as being one of the rougher districts. There were many small groups of thugs all fighting for dominance of the area. It got so bad at one point that a permanent Shinigami outpost had to be built to police the area and even that could not stop the thugs who just got smarter about their activities. However outside the violence the District was home to many good and generous people. Kyobo had seldom visited this part of Urika. His parents wanted to keep their noble son out of harms way. Kyobo moved swiftly through the district not stopping to help any souls who needed it from their mundane problems to fights.

He eventually arrived at his destination. It was a large storage building on the outskirts of Bara Saku. It looked rather dilapidated. It was older than most of the surrounding buildings in the area and it showed. The bricks were decaying and moss covered, metal panels were rusting away and cracked and broken. The glass windows had long since shattered. Weeds had pushed their way through the concrete floor and coated the floor in a carpet of greenery.

Kyobo: (He looked at the storage building in disdain) This place is a dump. I knew it was too good to be true when my Oh so lovely captain decided to send me here. (He sighed) Might as well get this over with.

He walked up to the rusted doors and tried to open them but ended up ripping a chunk out of the door instead. Kyobo looked at the piece of metal and threw it to one side. It landed with a large metallic clang and broke in two. What he then heard next was truly bone chilling. A ghastly howl rent the air causing Kyobo to freeze. He knew it was a hollow but he wondered why until now, he couldn't sense it. He stepped through the gap he created in the doorway and wandered into the dim light that was behind it.

A few meters in and he heard more howling coming from a doorway in front of him. Kyobo pushed past a large pile of boxes that were in the way of the entrance and nearly fell down a flight of steps in his haste to find out what was going on. When he reached the bottom he went through yet another doorway and was partially blinded by a bright light. When his eyes finally adjusted he froze in shock at what he saw. A girl who looked approximately 16-17 had somehow unknown to him managed to trap a bunch of hollows ranging from small to large but not any menos. The hollows lay on a vast array of makeshift table all restrained by metal bars that seemed to be controlled by a computer at the head of one of the beds.

Kyobo: (He approached the girl who was busy injecting a strange fluid into the hollow. It writhed around in agony before calming down again) What the hell is going on here?

???: (The girl did not even turn around to face him, instead took a look at the monitors that were attuned to the hollows biometrics and jotted down some notes) What does it look like?

Kyobo: (He had a look around the clinically white room, taking a mental note of the locations of several of the hollows as well as the girl) Just answer the question! I don't have time to hang around here.

Girl: (She sighed turning to him, Kyobo was slightly awestruck by her. She was pretty. Her red hair flourished behind her and her dark cyan eyes seemed endless to him) I'm trying to create a sedative that will immobilise hollows that normal souls unlike you shinigami can carry around with them and use to protect themselves. That a good enough explanation for you?

Kyobo: (Her attitude rubbed Kyobo the wrong way) Don't get snippy with me.....What's your name?

???: (She sighed, but held out her hand) My name is Sumiko Anenokoji and yours?

Kyobo: (He shook her hand politely but his face was not a friendly one) Kyobo Sodo, thirteenth seat of Squad 8.

Sumiko: (She smiled briefly before turning back to the hollow she was experimenting on) So what brings you out here Kyobo?

Kyobo: (He chuckled a little) Apart from trying to stay on the right side of my Captain. (Sumiko eyed him with a look of annoyance) I got sent here to scout out the situation. The Kido Corps were worried about some strange reiatsu, so they sent in the vanguard as it were. Turns out its a kid scientist. Who'd have thought it?

Sumiko: (She laughed a little at the comment) Appearances can be deceiving....Don't lean there!

She said it far to late. Kyobo had leant against the control panel. Immediately a large siren sounded and he and Sumiko both heard the sliding of metal. The bonds restraining the hollows were retracting from their bodies. The hollows all got up from their tables and turned towards Kyobo and their captor Sumiko.

Sumiko: (She grabbed her blade that lay next to one of the tables before a hollow could grab her and unsheathed) Now look what you have done you blithering idiot. Now the whole district is at risk.

Kyobo: (He drew his blade and looked at the hollows, not a Sumiko who was slowly backing up into a corner) This isn't too good is it? (He looked over at Sumiko and finally noticed she was backing into another hollow. It raised its claws and started making a swipe at her) Sumiko.

Kyobo moved as quickly as he could, flash stepping and knocking her out of harms way but in doing so received a large slash across his back. He turned despite the pain and sliced the throat of the hollow before viciously stabbing it threw its mask.

Sumiko: (She got up, brushing herself off. She looked at him with frustration playing on her face) I can fight, ass-hole. Just stay out of my way and stop interfering.

When she turned back she was faced with two hollows who were ready to take another swing but Kyobo again dived in front of them and this time parried both blows beforejumping up to the face of one and sliced its head in two and using the body of the now dead hollow as a platform he jumped at the second hollow and broke its mask with a heavy punch.

Kyobo: (He looked back at her) I couldn't care less if you could use fucking bankai, you are still a civilian even with a zanpakuto. It's my JOB to fight these bastards and it's my JOB to protect you.

He held his left hand forward and pointed at a particular spot with his middle and index finger.

Kyobo: Bakudo number forty three: Mippū Kōzan Tsudzuru (Spell Absorbing Mine)

A beam of light hit his target on the ground and he proceeded to fire the bakudo a further six times before changing tack.

Kyobo: Hado number thirty three: Sokatsui.

He fired the blue flames at the spots he had previously hit watching them glow blue once they had been hit.

Kyobo: (He grabbed Sumiko's arm and began running dragging her along with him) We need to go now!

Sumiko trailed behind the man, noticing the slowly increasing blood stain that spread across his back.

Back in the room one of the hollows stood on one of the flashing circles that Kyobo had left behind. What proceeded to happen was quite simply large explosion that shook the foundations of the building to their breaking point. Kyobo and Sumiko made it out a few seconds before it collapsed.

Sumiko: (She let go of Kyobo's hand and proceeded to rip his kimono off from his back, revealing what was a worse wound than she had imagined. she immediately pulled a syringe gun from a pocket and stabbed the needle into Kyobo's back.

Kyobo: Ahhh...What the fuck are you doing to me?

Sumiko: Trust me! (She then injected a green liquid into Kyobo and watched as a few seconds afterwards the wound closed up almost instantly)

Kyobo: (He had a look of surprise adorning his face) Wow. My back doesn't hurt. what did you do to me?

Sumiko: (She went around him and sat down in front of him) I injected you with a substance I managed to extract from the hollows....

Kyobo: (His face changed from surprise to shock and then to anger) You've put something from those creatures into me? What were you....

Sumiko: (She slapped him around the face, shutting him up instantly) That substance is excreted from a gland in their bodies. It causes their instant regeneration. Of course after its effects have been used it gets treated as an alien substance and removed from the body. You were a valuable test subject. Your the first person I tried it on.

Kyobo: (He nodded along with her explanation) Yes that makes....WHAT?! I WAS THE FIRST......YOU DIDN'T KNOW IT WOULD WORK?!

Sumiko: (She looked in his eyes) No.

Kyobo: Well that's nice to know.

He grabbed her and hauled her to her feet as he got up, taking a look behind him he noticed the roaring inferno and the collapsing building.

Kyobo: Oh shit. (He looked at Sumiko) Alright girl I have three options for you. One I let you go and we never meet again but I will inform my superiors of what went on, two I take you to my superiors and yu explain what was going on. For which you will be punished for endangering other citizens of Urika as well as illegal experimentation. OR the third option. You go to the academy and train to be a shinigami, apply yourself to a squad and do your research to help us. In return I will not say a word about your involvement until you deem necessary.

Sumiko: (She looked at the man, her mind obviously racing with possible ideas) Well considering option three seems like the most beneficial to me, I'll take that offer but why offer me that anyway?

Kyobo: (He smiled at her before turning away from her and heading off) I may be an ass-hole as a person recently called me and they are probably correct with that but it doesn't mean I'm not above showing kindness once in a while.
Больше года silverexorcist said…
[The Night of Future Leaders]

“I can’t believe it.” Akumu Shimo sighed aloud as she sat on the edge of a rooftop high in the night sky of the world of the living. “It just doesn’t make any sense.”

“I agree.” Akihiko Seinosuke murmured as he watched Tomoyo behind them speaking to a few members of the kido corps, giving them instructions to follow. “This site was just about to be used for the children from the Academy to attempt to practice in the world of the living. It’s actually quite lucky that we discovered the hallow’s nest that been festering nearby. It’s quite well hidden.”

“That’s not my problem.” Akumu muttered in denial. “I heard that the kido corps, which recently became a squad, had already appointed their captain and vice-captain and that we were going to be working with the latter for this mission. Do you know how I felt when I saw it was Tomoyo?”

“She already explained this too us.” Akihiko sighed. “Her grandmother continues to be the head of the kido corps, but refuses the extra duties of a captain, so Tomoyo’s mother became captain. Tomoyo was best suited to become lieutenant because of that.”

“But I’m still a seated officer, Aki! Tomoyo rose in rank all of the sudden and now I’m the lowest rank of us all!”

“You’ve been brooding over a problem as small as that.”

Akumu glared with discontent when she saw she’d get no sympathy from the young lieutenant. Both looked around as Tomoyo stood just a couple feet away, waiting for them to finish with their conversation before speaking.

“We’re ready to begin.” She told them assuredly in a quiet voice. “The barrier has been set up to prevent the living souls from wandering into the wrong areas.”

“Finally.”

Akumu hopped to her feet and looked toward the soul reaper was had been standing a little to the side in silence, standing with is arms folded across his chest as he glared at the street lights below.

“Well, um…what was your name again?”

“Yvon Gerard.” The soul reaper replied as he turned his sharp gaze toward them. “Seventh seat of the 3rd squad of scouting and reconnaissance.”

“Ah, right. We’re ready to go so show us the way.”

“Yes ma’am.”

After that short reply, Yvon flashed stepped instantly without evening changing his position. Akumu, Akihiko, and Tomoyo vanished from sight and followed after him through the night air, using phone lines and buildings as footsteps to propel them forward. It wasn’t long before the group reached what looked like an abandoned arcade. It was evident that it was their destination; a strange sense of foreboding danger gripped them almost immediately. Akumu grimaced in disgust as Tomoyo gasped, putting a hand over her mouth reflexively.

“Impossible…if they were left alone, they might have turned into a Gillian. How could we possibly miss this for so long?”

“This area isn’t in high priority for scouting.” Yvon replied immediately. “Our system doesn’t work well enough to keep track of all the recesses of our jurisdiction. It’s all we can do to check these uncommon places as often as we can, just in time to notice anomalies like this. If they weren’t so concentrated, then perhaps it would be different, but either way, it doesn’t change the fact that they are there now, does it?”

“No.” Akihiko agreed as he held his hand up. Red energy began to form on his palm. “We’re here to change it.”

The blast of energy sailed downward and into the roof of the abandoned arcade. There was a moment of silence as smoke rose and debris fell to the ground, then a sudden flurry of black figures shot from the hole made, flying right up toward the Jūzō Hoshō members. A red color was beginning to form at their mouths already as they attacked. Both Akihiko and Akumu drew their swords as Yvon retreated in order to let them do their jobs.

“Danku.”

A horizontal shield of transparent energy formed directly beneath their feet and the red ceros slammed uselessly into the high leveled bakudo. Akihiko and Akumu shot downward to meet the hallows, swinging their swords together in an ‘x’ formation, quickly beheading several hallow all at once. They immediately split up to continue picking up off of the hallow, but put distance between each other for a reason. The hallow were continuing to pour out of the hallow like a heavy flood and Tomoyo descended to stand on the danku she’d erected as if it were an anchored surface. She held one hand up and moved her delicate fingers quickly, writing nine small runes in the air. A pentagonal suddenly erected itself horizontally below the danku and quickly descended, much like a boot descending to squash a spider. The large influx of hallow slammed into the large shield and were pushed down by the force of the shield. Akumu and Akihiko quickly kicked any hallow they did not slay underneath the shield as well before shoot up to hover right below Tomoyo’s danku. They both began to chant as they held their hands out in front of them, crackling flames and electricity manifesting on their hands at the same time.

“Hado 88, Hiryugekizokushintenraihou!”

The blasts that erupted from their hands merged together as they flew down sat once to collide with the top of the pentagonal shield Tomoyo had created, passing through it after a bare moment of resistance and colliding with the hallows. The energy expanded forcefully in an explosion that enveloped the entire arcade, drawing in nearly every hallow into the blast. Yvon stared at the phenomena with wide eyes. He’d never seen such a perfectly executed kido combination before and he suspected that it had been thanks to the prodigal lieutenant of the fifth squad. He’d heard that the kido corps was working on special techniques different from normal kido, such as a technique that could do calculations for another person so they could focus more on pouring power into their attack. Perhaps he’d just witnessed such a thing, along with the strange pentagonal shield he’d never seen before.

The rest of the raid did not take long. Akumu and Akihiko descended into the now destroyed arcade to finish the remaining hallow. Yvon appeared swiftly beside Tomoyo, arms still folded across his chest as he kept his piercing gaze on the area below, keeping a sharp eye out for anything out of place.

“You caused quite a bit of damage. Are you really okay with that?”

“Ah…um…” Tomoyo seemed flustered as Yvon had appeared so close to her out of nowhere. “One of my grandmother’s conditions for letting the kido corps become a squad was that we may do whatever is necessary without kido so long as we pay the reparations. Being one of the noble houses, we have the money…”

“Ah. Well, I’ll certainly never be able to understand rich people. I come from the impoverish lower levels of Ukishima Rakuen where it’s utter madness to even consider tossing away money. I suppose nobles need some sort of advantage, like money, or else they wouldn’t have anything to flaunt their title for.”

“Technically, it’s their pure bloodline that makes a noble, rather than just the money.”

Yvon looked around to see, rather than Tomoyo, Akumu and Akihiko, having returned from cleaning up the remaining hallow.

“Where did the young lady go?”

“She likely went to give further orders to the kido corps and prepare the gate for returning to Mujūryoku Seiiki, apologizing while leaving you behind.”

Akihiko responded as he gave the surroundings a careful survey, making sure as to not have missed anything. The 3rd squad’s seventh seat proved to have been competent, as nothing was out of place.

“She should take long. Let’s return and give our reports.”
Wow! Both posts were very well-written. Great job, both of you.