Блич аниме Bleach Resurgence

crazieone106 posted on Oct 07, 2012 at 09:06PM
[Feuding Nations Arc]
In the wake of Sekhmet and her Angel's attempts to eradicate the Soul Society (leaving it in ruin), the Gotei 13 are presented with a dilemma far greater than any villain in the past. The Soul Society has violated an ancient law enacted by the Reiteki Rōjin, an ancient group of royal dignitaries with the authority to revoke or establish a nation’s soul reaper privileges. The aforementioned law demands that each nation function independently of one another, forbidding they interact and meddle in one another’s affairs. The Soul Society’s act of genocide on Shirubaraito caught the attention of the Reiteki Rōjin, prompting the council to keep a close watch on them. Following the Soul Society’s failure to remedy their past transgressions, relying upon a neighboring nation (Jūzō Hoshō) to assist them, the council has decided to revoke their soul reaper privileges. They have tasked the execution of this decree to the Soul Society’s past savior, Jūzō hoshō. They have been instructed, by this ancient and mysterious council, to demand the Soul Society relinquish control over Karakura Town, turn over all spiritual weapons, and forfeit their titles. Blindsided by this decree, the Soul Society defies this ruling and attempts to thwart the efforts of the Jūzō hoshō, who are merely following orders. The Gotei 13 is now on a mission to prove their worth, but in order to accomplish this, they must defend themselves against the Jūzō hoshō.
(Note: This takes place roughly 100 years following the Angel’s invasion).

Note: Juzo Hosho refers to the 13 Sentry just as the Gotei 13 refers to the 13 Court Guard. The people of Ukishima Rakuen (Floating Island Paradise - and the nation itself) may be called Ukira. Similar to the Seireitei, where only members of the Gotei 13 reside, Mujūryoku seiiki (Weightless Sanctuary) is that for Ukishima Rakuen. It is a series of massive floating islands, far above the ground's surface. On ground-level, however, exist the Chīsai (Lesser Souls). This, of course, is a concept similar to the Rukon District. The governing body of Ukishima Rakuen, similar to central 46, is Kengen (Mindful Authority).

Character Template
Name
Sex
Personality
Position (number and for which organization)
Zanpakuto name and release command

Juzo Hosho (13 Sentry)
Squad 2: Kin Hikari (Leleu)
Squad 3: Yvon Gerard -Silverexorcist (DECEASED)
Squad 4:
Squad 5: Rikaro Nidalia
Squad 6: Sumiko Anenokoji (Institute of Research and Advancement) - Crazieone (DECEASED)
Squad 7: Enne Tachimukau
Squad 8: Kyobo Sodo (Vanguard Unit)- K0V
Squad 9: Naoki Himura (Subjugation & Punishment Force)
Squad 10: Jisano Meibatsu (BP)
Squad 11: Nobuko Wakahisa
Squad 12: Emrira Galio (K0V)
Squad 13: Yushi Kenronri (BP)
Healer: Iyashi Kyō

Gotei 13

Squad 1: Senya Tatami
Squad 2: Kuchimame Kamima (Ryuu)
Squad 3: Yoishiro Roychi (Leleu)
Squad 4: Ganta Yamamoto (Leleu)
Squad 5: Junichi Kuwano (DECEASED)
Squad 6: Senato Ajibana (Senato)
Squad 7: Ziel Abzan (Leleu)
Squad 8: Kirio Nagame (BP)
Squad 9: Majo Shin (Link)
Squad 10: Akarui Hyosho (Link)
Squad 11: Livius Abel (Ryuu) (DECEASED)
Squad 12: Matou Kira
Squad 13:Tomoe Hayashi
Kido Corp: Kie Geißt.(Link)

last edited on Nov 24, 2014 at 11:03PM

Блич аниме 690 Ответы

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 201-250 of 690

Больше года Zordaik said…
The night was still. The only thing breaking the peace of the silent aura of the late hours was the occasional sliding of a building's door, or the rippling of water, or, rarely, the dynamic volume of a voice. Tension was in the air. It didn't take a captain or wise man to notice it, either. The very atmosphere seemed unnaturally wound tight with stress. Finally, something did disrupt the all-encompassing prison of quiet. The sound of the captain-commander's voice echoed throughout the alleyways and barracks of the Seretei through the speakers.

Senya: Attention, Seretei. Speaking is your captain-commander. I would like to ask all captains in the premises to begin making their way to the First Division assembly hall, preferably as soon as time would allow.

Captain Yani Kohei rose from his seated, meditative position, and wordlessly slid the door open. Exiting his quarters, he quietly and quickly ushered himself to his destination, all the while his eyes closed shut in deep thought.

Shen Tsukubashi sighed deeply as the announcement reached its end. Setting his piping-hot tea on the short table before him, ascended to his feet. Before making a single step forward, he stretched, his back arching dramatically, looked longingly at his beverage once more, then departed.

Senya sat in council with only herself, alone in the wooden room which would soon be filled with powerful soul reapers. If each of these captains looked to her for orders, then she would need to be fundamentally prepared for anything.

Senya: (Mentally) I'm the head captain. This is the Seretei. These are the captains. We're powerful. Greatly so, in fact. I have no reason to be worried. Then, why am I so nervous?! Is it that strange ability that the Juzo Hosho used to attack Nagaishi? Or is it the amount of pressure that now rests on me? Shit. Calm down, calm down. I cannot let any doubt or lack of confidence show during the assembly. If I falter, who will lead the rest of the captains?

Though thoughts raced through her head at blistering pace, she never once lost her composed expression. She sighed deeply, reassuring herself.

Senya: (Mentally) I won't lose myself. I won't falter. I am not nervous. I am fully confident in our abilities.

The woman rose from the seat at the head of the room, her eyes opening, determination on her face.

Senya: I am prepared.

-End-
Больше года crazieone106 said…
zzz
Someone begin writing the Gotei 13's captains' meeting!
[Congregation]

As the last of the captains filed into the assembly hall, two large wooden doors swung to a closed position behind them. They lined up, six on either side of the room, in a numerical order. Squad two to seven lined on the right, while eight to thirteen lined to the left.

Senya: You are all aware of Soul Society's current predicament. I will not waste your time explaining what has happened. I will, however, confer instructions on exactly which path of action it would be most wise to take at this time. At the moment, I'd rather we focus all of our power in this vicinity. The thirteen captains should be more than enough to deter a full-scale assault from the Juzo Hosho.

Karyuudo: If I may, captain-commander, what of Karakura Town? Certainly they will have placed a target on that area as well.

Akarui: The eleventh division, as well as my own, have both sent a compliment of highly-trained soldiers to patrol the area. They should be able to hold their own against the Juzo Hosho, at least long enough to contact us should they be attacked. Karakura should be in no real danger anyways.

Senya: Precisely. Their aim is to relinquish our control on the area, not obliterate it. Regardless, I have one other thing to touch on. These people... They can easily match our strength. Perhaps even surpass it. We've seen little of their abilities, aside from what happened to Nagaishi... He may be able to give us some details on their capabilities.

Shen: Not an option, miss. Apologies, but he's just stopped talking altogether. I can't see a conceivable way that we'd be able to get through to him.

Akarui: I might-

Shen: Again, no. Think about his position right now. He was humiliated monumentally, and furthermore, he lost the closest thing to him. He lost his Zanpakuto. His psychological condition is only worsening as time passes, too.

The captain of squad ten narrowed her eyes, then promptly looked away from Shen.

Yani: I disagree, captain Tsukubashi. I'd like to allow him to mourn for his loss in peace, but wouldn't an honorable man such as him want to continue helping out as much as possible?

Livius: Unlikely. If he couldn't stand up to his enemies, he certainly wouldn't want to be seen as weak. He's most likely waiting for us to fall to our foes so that we'd be in the same boat as he is now.

Kizumi: Livius!

Livius: I'm stating facts, Hayashi. You can't-

Senya: Enough of this.

The captain-commander's face clearly displayed annoyance at the recent occurrence, but her voice remained steady. She quickly mitigated her irritation.

Senya: What we know now is that they're capable of stealing our reiatsu through a mysterious means. If you must confront one of the Juzo Hosho, please, do so with utmost caution. Remember, we have no clue what their abilities are, or what the criteria is for them to actually remove our spirit energy.

She turned, her back facing the captains, and began a silent walk.

Senya: That is all. You are dismissed.

The large, wooden doors swung open, the gateway for the captains to exit and ponder what had just been said.
Больше года blackpanther666 said…
[Heavy Pressure! Behind the Staunch Disposition]

[Start Music]

Behind the staunch expression of any dangerously tempered man is always deep fear - one that usually threatens to tip the man's resolve utterly and completely, even if they appear to welcome such displeasures. Often, this is the result of a deep belief - one that goes so far, that they cannot give it up, nor even consider the possibility. For Jisano, this was the belief that Soul Reapers were duty-bound. For one to forsake those duties, was to earn the wrath of the Reiteki Rojin and all that believe in being loyal to their Nation, without indulging in traitorous thoughts and deeds. Jisano Meibatsu, a mere 5th Seat in the Subjugation and Punishment Force, the thought of such infidels brought an anger to his lips, one that vowed to burst from his lips with sheer rage and righteousness. This is the moral code of someone that believes in punishing those that disobey the Reiteki Rojin and seek to become traitors to their own kind.

'For every negative action, there lies a positive one.
For every foul word that leaves one mouth, there is always a pleasant one to leave anothers' mouth.
For every thought of rage, there lies thoughts of peace and prosperity
'

Jisano remembered every word, as though they had been branded into his mind. This was the phrase that Kiwamaru often used, but never seemed to truly advocate. He also said that reaching an extremity was the best way to excel. Jisano never believed that; Akihiko proved every day that it was possible to excel, just by believing in one's own ability. That was the difficulty. Jisano wasn't as talented as Akihiko. Talent didn't just come naturally to him - he had to work even harder than Akihiko, just to keep himself from being left behind. However, that was wearing thin. It was becoming necessary to find his own way to excel - it if was at all possible for him.

-Inner World, Kiwamaru-

'Stop moping! Just because your friend is more talented, doesn't mean that you can't find your own talents. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and listen to my words. Your are my Master and I am your Zanpakuto; a part of you, existing in conjunction with your own spirit energy. You need to pay more attention to understanding me, instead of working your body beyond the limits. You keep it up and I can guarantee that you won't have a body left when you are done with yourself' Kiwamaru snapped at him, an impatient expression on his face.

Jisano sighed. 'I don't understand what you tell me. I have no idea how any of it will help me. You say that there is an equal reaction for any action in this Universe, but what does that have to do with me?'

Kiwamaru stared at him for a moment, then laughed heartily. 'You fool. It is merely a guideline. It doesn't refer specifically to you, the world is not that focused on Jisano Meibatsu. It is simply a rule of life... If you strike at an opponent, they will strike back at you... A classic example of action and reaction. If you raise your spirit energy consciously, the environment around you will respond. Just think about it.'

Jisano rolled his eyes. 'I see. So I should remember that in battle, then?'

'Just take it as a lesson in life. Don't treat it so literally. Just seek to truly understand my words and one day you will comprehend what it means to have control over a Zanpakuto like me. I am not a joke. If you continue to hold me at arm's length, then you will never control my true powers. Is that what you want?'

'I guess not. I don't mean to take things so literally, but I simply don't see how that will help me. My beliefs are so different to yours. I see life as my way to advocate justice, not worry about actions and reactions.'

Kiwamaru began to lose patience, his face turned slightly red. 'THAT is not a problem! You claim only to see things from YOUR perspective. I am asking you to see things from mine, too. In fact, one can see things from many different perspectives and still believe in whatever they like. You are far too narrow-minded, my friend. The reason your friend, Akihiko, is so proficient at wielding my twin is his willingness to see things from the perspectives of others, and not just his own. You will never match up to him, unless you stop this nonsense and learn!'

'Alright. I'll try. What do you want me to do?'

Kiwamaru stared back, an unreadable expression upon his face. 'If you can think about what I said and treat it as your own, then I will begin to teach you more and more. For the moment, we are done. I want you to come back when you are ready and tell me your thoughts - then, I will decide if you are ready, or not.'

'Okay.'

Kiwamaru disappeared and the Inner World around him crumbled and Jisano was back in Ukishima Rakuen. He felt worried now. Despite Kiwamaru's words, he still felt like he was a toddler, trying to understand the words of adults.

'You seem worried, Jisano. Is there something you'd like to 'get off your chest'?' Akihiko materialised, right next to him.

'Akihiko. I was conversing with Kiwamaru. I'm afraid that I don't understand his words, at times. I wouldn't say I was worried, per se. I'm simply trying to learn how to see from the perspectives of others, something I have never had much practice at, I'm afraid.'

'That's not like you. You should never wallow in self-pity, or self-loathing. You must make the effort to learn about your Zanpakuto. It is your duty to do so. I know what is bothering you, however. It is because you feel like you aren't talanted enough: to wield Kiwamaru and to be a member of the Juzo Hosho. I will quell those fears, right now, however; you are certainly talented, but you need to understand your own limits. You cannot keep comparing yourself to me. I know we are friends, but you fail to understand that we are different people and are opposites of each other, in more than one way. The fact is, I have better grasp of it than you, but you are still much more talented than many others out there and you train as hard as me, sometimes even harder. I know you are prepared to make the effort - you just need to know where to direct it.'

Jisano nodded, his throat suddenly dry. 'Thanks, Akihiko. I guess I let myself forget. Still, I was going to try and keep up with you ever step of the way. But, I'm over comparing myself to you. I don't need to. If I am duty-cound, then I must try to keep up with you, just as a part of my duty - in order to keep growing stronger, I need a rival. Someone stronger and more talented I am. Someone like you. You will be the inspiration I need to keep growing, as a fellow Juzo Hosho member and as my friend.'

Akihiko raised his eyebrow. 'Rival? I'm afraid I don't qualify for that. Do whatever you want, but I will never act as 'your rival'. I have no interest in that. I am your friend, and I feel you still don't quite understand me. But, you definitely have made progress. One day, you will be a valuable member of the Juzo Hosho.'

'Maybe you're right. Maybe I should rephrase - I think I may have spoken hastily. Not a rival. A mentor. Someone that I can learn, instead of going up against. I think I see what you mean, Akihiko. It is all about how I learn and the training I put myself through. I think I finally understand what Kiwamaru was talking about, too.'

Akihiko smiled lightly. 'I will see you later, Jisano. I have errands to run and things to do. Think on what I said and try your hardest.'

[Stop Music]

'I will. Goodbye, Akihiko.' Then Jisano turned back to his friend. 'I still thank you, though, Akkie.'

'You call me that less and less... What changed?'

'Nothing. Just me. Like you said, errands and such to run. See you later.'
last edited Больше года
Больше года onix11 said…
(i'll try to post something either tonight or tomorrow.)
K0V and BP - If you could, create two new locations each, all of which are unique and innovative. :) I'll create two, as well. Message me your ideas or converse with me on IM. We can share ideas, and whatnot. :)
Yeah, sure. Will do. I'll talk to you tomorrow night, Crazie.
Больше года Ryuuikari said…
{Afterthoughts}

Aexus flash stepped quickly to his barracks, the cool night air rushing refreshingly through his scalp. What a waste of my time… He walked lackadaisically to his room door, seemingly completely unaware of the presence of his lieutenant sitting opposite it.

Ghelon: So what was said at the meeting?

Aexus: (he slides open his door and enters his room, completely ignoring his lieutenant) Nothing important… (he slides the door shut behind him much to Ghelon’s chagrin)

Ghelon: (he slides open the door to his Captain’s room, adamant to continue the conversation) I'm sure that the Captain-Commander’s words were more than “nothing important”.

Aexus: (he looks forlornly at his lieutenant) *underlying tone of irritation* I told you Ghelon, nothing that will change anything was said.

Ghelon: Come again Captain?

Aexus: (he sighs loudly) *irritated* Look if you must know, the Captain-Commander informed us that she would prefer it if we counteract the Jūzō Hoshō within our vicinity.

Ghelon: Was that so hard? (he receives a nonchalant, but stern glare from Aexus) What do you think about her words Captain?

Aexus: (he sighs again) *irritation is blatant* To be honest I thought that was what we were going to do anyway, I mean why fight anywhere else? She’s an intelligent person so I’m not going to question her actions. At the end of the day I couldn’t care less, as long as this whole saga ends soon…

Ghelon: Hmm... I see can how problems may arise from her judgment but I’ll leave you to your thoughts now Captain.

Aexus: *underlying tone of warning* You shouldn’t doubt our Commander, Ghelon.

Ghelon nodded back and turned to leave. Aexus rested his head on his pillow as Ghelon slid shut the door behind him and flash stepped away. Tonight was not the night to disturb Aexus it seemed, especially with the strange mood he was in.
_________________________________________­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­_

The meeting had finally ended. What a waste of my time… Livius aggressively trudged away from the assembly hall, hands stuffed into his pockets, with a sense of sheer irritation radiating from him. His reflected on the meeting’s contents: from his perspective, his so-called allies were blinding themselves from the truth and had yet again dismissed his attempts at opening their eyes; why could the other Captains not see what he saw? In his opinion Nagaishi was now a broken man. A man that was once strong but is now weak. A man that now wallows in his own self-pity. A man that would rather see others fall to the same enemies as he did just to ease his ‘pain’. In his opinion, a man like Nagaishi deserved to die… why could the other Captains not see what he saw?
The feelings that most of the captains felt for Nagaishi perplexed Livius; he couldn’t comprehend why they treated him with such concern. He was still alive and breathing, that should be enough for anyone.

Just thinking about it all pissed Livius off. Still trudging with a sense of purpose, but going nowhere in particular, the images of Kizumi Hakashi and Sentei Gontamari began to float into his mind. His irritation increased implosively. Those men were the bane of his life. He always managed to somehow control his emotions and attitude around them but of late it was beginning to get difficult. His mind then drifted back to the brief clash he had with Sentei and he growled angrily. He lashed out wildly at the wall next to him with his left arm causing the stone wall to shatter like a glasshouse hit by a rock. The terrified and worried faces of some Fourth Division squad members peered back at him. Livius stared darkly at them; one… two… three men, he could smell the fear on all of their breaths. He turned away and carried on walking.

However the main concern on Livius’ mind was not because of Nagaishi or Kizumi or Sentei. It was because of his Captain-Commander’s words in the meeting. He did not agree with them at all. Livius believed that the war should be fought as far away from Seireitei as possible. That way no pointless casualties would occur and all the Captains could go all out without any reason to hold back. In his twisted mind, his reasoning was near flawless and it was a shame his Captain-Commander did not share his thoughts.

Livius finally reached the Eleventh Division barracks and was instantly, and somewhat unexpectedly, greeted by his 5th Seat who crashed into his body with full force. The hit sent Livius staggering back a few steps but he quickly regained his form and strode menacingly towards his subordinate who was sprawled face-down on the ground.

Livius: *hisses maliciously* Just what do you think you’re doing?

5th Seat: (he avoids Livius’ gaze) Nothing Captain…

Livius: So what are you doing, running around the barracks at this hour?

5th Seat: I’m sorry Captain.

Livius: Don’t try to worm your way out of this with a petty apology you little shit! Answer me properly when I ask you a question!

5th Seat: (a look of sheer terror envelops his face) …

Livius drew his face barely a few centimetres away from his 5th Seat’s, his hot irate breath burning the subordinates face, his dull brown eyes having a look of utter deadness in them and his reiatsu slowly building. The 5th Seat dropped to his knees in despair his face beginning to crumple; his own reiatsu was shrinking in fear of his Captain’s.

Livius: You are weak! Pitiful! Just the sight of you disgusts me! *his voice becomes dangerously low* Get out of my sight before you have an accident…

The 5th Seat weakly got to his feet and scampered off like a dog with its tail between its legs. Tonight was not the night to annoy Livius it seemed, especially with the mood he was in.
last edited Больше года
[Seeds of Deception]

(In the darkness of the precipice world, a single body moves about. The silhouette’s gait is steady and calm, tall and proud. Light sweeps away the darkness as the mysterious individual steps out into the piercing sun-light. The man’s prestige and title flails in the wind, as he carefully observes his surroundings. He descends and places his feet on the concrete, glaring forward at the various officers standing outside the fortified structure).

[BEGIN PLAYING MUSIC]

Captain Akihiko Seinosuke: (He confidently approaches the Gotei 13 barracks, surrounded by officers)

Modstu Raiei: ( [ 5th Seat, 11th division ] He stares at the approaching Juzo Hosho captain, alarmed by his ability to be present without being sensed. He immediately draws his blade and raises his spiritual pressure to alarm the others) I recommend you surrender. You a clearly outnumbered!

Captain Seinosuke: Those are some fairly ignorant words, officer.

Aoi Satorii: [ 4th Seat, 11th division ] Modstu…don’t go at him alone. Look at his garments. He is no ordinary soul reaper.

Captain Seinosuke: You should heed the advice of your comrade. He appears to be the only sensible one amongst the rabble.

Modstu: (He grits his teeth, simultaneously scowling at Akihiko) You may be a captain, but you’re sorely outnumbered.

Captain Seinosuke: Yes, you established your initial threat with that argument. Unfortunately, it will require more strength then this entire camp to subdue me.

Aoi: Modstu, take out your blade, this bastard is preparing to engage us.

Modstu: We’ll all fight to the death…yours (As he speaks, several other squad members work their way outside, drawing their blades)!

Naoko Ebbasui: (She scurries onto the battlefield, her blade already drawn and over a dozen officers behind her). Allow me to introduce myself, I am 3rd seat Naoko Ebbasui of the 10th division.

Tamiko Aomori: We were instructed to defend this outpost and maintain our authority over the safety of Karakura Town. We will not relinquish it without an aggressive battle [ 4th Seat, 11th division ]

Captain Seinosuke: I plan on subduing you in the gentlest way possible. If you plan on endorsing an aggressive disposition, well, I will try my best to avoid harming you.

Tamiko: (She stares at the strange captain in confusion) What? You’ve come here to avoid battling?

Modstu: What kind of soul reaper are you?! You don’t deserve the title of captain (He shouts angrily)!

Aoi: Calm down, Modstu. This punk won’t respond to your aggressive stance. He’s a fragile soul, I see. Heh…he won’t last long.

Naoko: Let’s get this over with. I can’t wait to report back that we defeated a captain of the Juzo Hosho.

Captain Seinosuke: Your captains must be quite impolitic to have sent mere seated officers to secure such a fragile location. I’m not very surprised in lieu of their foolishness, but what does strike me as odd, is how overtly dishonest you all are.

Naoko: (She grips her blade tightly as sweat beads on her brow. She glances at her comrades, observing similar signs of numbing anxiety).

Aoi: Ignore him…He’s simply trying to goad us into reckless abandon.

Captain Seinosuke: (He steps forward) I don’t need to play on your petty impulses. That’s beneath someone of my caliber. I’ll allow your fear and anxiety to rot away at your pride and ultimately, your skill. My shear presence has already begun to erode away at your frail confidence (As he completes his sentence, he raises his hand, pointing his finger and quickly drawing a symbol in the air. The rune glows brightly before replicating beneath several officers. A rush of energy emerges from beneath them, halting their bodies).

Aoi: (His head darts behind him as he glares at his frozen comrades) What the fuck…he didn’t even say anything?

Naoko: (She turns her head and is startled to find Akihiko standing before her. He looks down at her porcelain face before striking her in the chest.)

Captain Seinosuke: Hainawa (Energy pours from his palm as he strikes her, ensnaring her body tightly.)

Naoko: Gah…(She exhales in shock as the Bakudo constricts her entire body, bringing her to the ground. As she falls, her eyes meet with Modstu, who has now released his Shikai and is seconds away from impaling Akihiko)

Captain Seinosuke: Your impatience blinds you…

Modstu: (His eyes widen as his blade passes through Akihiko’s body. Akihiko’s body vanishes as Modstu is abruptly strike by three large triangular fangs, successfully pinning him against the ground.)

Captain Seinosuke: You did not even notice me pass right by you in your effort to slay me. Your brute-like tactics defeated you before I managed to lift a finger. And you…(he reaches around, clutching Tamiko’s wrist and twisting it. With her blade re-angles, he uses her to thwart Aoi’s blade attack. He swings his body around, twisting her arm and striking her in the chest, sending her hurtling backwards.) Bakduo 61: Rikujōkōrō…. (The rods of light strike Aoi, leaving him frozen in place. Akihiko turns his attention to a recovering Tamiko) Why not surrender, officer?

Tamiko: We weren’t taught to surrender…(She is startled when he appears before her, looking down into her eyes).

Captain Seinosuke: You’d be wise to forego your teachings…. Omoiomomitsuki.

Tamiko: (An overwhelming pressure begins weighing on her shoulders and her knees begin to buckle. Her body gives under the pressure and she collapses, pinned to the ground by a mysterious force).

Captain Seinosuke: I’m not certain what function your captains expected you to serve, but one thing is certain, their subordinates failed miserably. It’s unimportant, though. In the end, despite their well-devised efforts, the Gotei 13 will be dismantled, whether it be voluntarily or by force. (He places his thumb on Aoi’s head and hand upon his chest).

Aoi: What the fuck are you doing (He shouts angrily as his eyes scurry about his opponent’s face)?!

Captain Seinosuke: You’ve likely heard rumors about former Captain Nagaishi. I’m certain lies were fed to you and it was simply explained way as a strange and atypical phenomenon. Don’t allow yourselves to be deceived so easily, especially by those you trust so implicitly.

Naoko: NO! PLEASE! DON’T DO THIS!!!! (She screams in sheer terror, begging her opponent to spare them).

Modstu: (Emotion overwhelms his expression as he watches his comrades disposition slowly unravel, consumed by dread)…shut up, Naoko. Don’t be so cowardice.

Captain Seinosuke: (He removes his hands from Aoi, allowing the Bakudo to shatter and his body to fall to the ground). I commend you for embracing your fate with bravery. Your weeping friend, however, cannot be held accountable for her anguish. It is like losing a part of yourself. I imagine it is unbearable…(He places his hands on a weeping Naoko and remains still).

Naoko: (Her body tenses up and her pupils retract. Her body releases a burst of energy and her shackles are broken, allowing her tear-stained face to fall into the soil).

Captain Seinosuke: What’s your name, officer?

Modstu: Modstu Raiei, 5th seat of the 11th division.

Captain Seinosuke: The combat division…how appropriate. (He places his hand on Modstu’s head and chest) Oritatamu to shūsoku….(A mysterious energy passes into Modstu’s body, exorcising his own energy.)

Modstu: (He falls to his knees) Why this?

Captain Seinosuke: (He abruptly stops walking, looking back at the officer)…heed the warning and surrender. That is what you should glean from my actions. Imagine the entire Soul Society as you and the others are now? 10 will soon become hundreds if you don’t choose wisely (He exits through the gate, leaving the officers defenseless and stranded).

last edited Больше года
Больше года onix11 said…
(A warrior's convictions)

Karyuudo was in his secret training ground. Meditating with his zanpakuto upon his lap. His aura was one of drawing in enrgy than letting it seep out. His smooth controlled breathing allowed a sense of calm in the barren wasteland with images of swordsman all around him. Soon his image dissapears as they entered the inner world of his zanpakuto to reveal the images of a destroyed squad four barracks and him digging his way out of a large amount of rubble. This scene tking place around 100 years ago. Karyuudo didn't know how long he was out. But he had barely escaped the explosion alive of which the origin was unknown to him. As he stood up, his muscles cramped and protested his movements. But he continued anyway, driven by the strength of his zanpakuto's energies which he was thankful for. He knew they shielded him by using most of his reriyoku and some of it's own to create a barrier. Though relieved to be alive, he sinced a new power that installed fear into him. He looked towards the area he felt the presence. Only to be greeted by explosions of enrgy. He shook himself of and as fast as he could shunponed himself towards the area. He stopped a distance away so as not to draw attention to himself. And what he was watching horrified him. A battle was taking place between his superiors that was brutal beyond all compare. Each aiming to take the others life. But it was clear that some had more of an advantage than others. When he seen the head captain battling Sekhmet. His eyes began to burn from the flames of her zanpakuto. Karyuudo began to shake, his body urged him to join the fight but he held himself back out of fear of getting in the way. But then it happened. First the head captain was incenerated, no even worse, disentergrated to the point of non-existence then he watched one by one as others fell to Sekhmet's fire. He began to cry and then his psyhcy broke. He fell over in a mass. He twitched, his body shaking violently. Within his mind was nothing but fear. The fear that once done with her enemies, Sekhmet would go after everyone else. How did this happen Karyuudo wondered, how long had he been beneath the rubble to miss the passing from fighting arrancar to captains fighting eachother. He couldn't comprhend it. Only the sothing words of his zanpakuto aided him to recovery after everything was over and he awoke in a bed.

The image soon turned black and lights went on in what looked like to be a huge room full of swordsmen. Each raised their glasses and draks and began to act merry. With Karyuudo at the other end of the hall with his legs crossed a beautiful woman at his side.She brushed his cheek and wiped away the tear that fall form his eye.

???: Though that was a breaking point in your excistence, you are not the same. You are stronger now, and more than powerful enough to stop such and occurence from happening again.

Karyuudo: He sat silently for a moment. He looked back upon the woman with a smile. "Yurie, as always you are correct. But my strength has not even come close to fruition yet. My powers are still limited to the form i precide in and until it mature's, my opponents will have an advantage." He stood up and brushed himself off. "That day taught me that fighting was something used to ignite fear. I brushed mine away that day because i knew it would hold me back from accesing your abilities. My way had to be one born not of fear, but one of precision and clear thought, so that I would never hinder my allies in battle." He paused and pointed out at the room of warriors. "Each one of these men were killed because they brought fear into me that turned itno a savage and dispicable power that was proved to be worthless against anyone with true skill."

Yurie: She came behind her master. She stood a foot taller than Karyuudo showing that she was the older of the two. She then went to her knees and placed her hands on his shoulder's and he head on his back. "But the fight is only one thing on your mind. I know what else troubles you even before you speak. Don't forgot we are of one mind."

Karyuudo: A small chukle was released from him. "Of course not, we share a bond of time and companionship. It is not something so easily forgotten or taken away. But you believe it as much as i do." He shook his head. "If i could just talk to one of our enemies. They may be persuaded to stop this madness before it truly begins."

Yurie: She chimed in one more time. "And if they do not wish to speak of such things."

Karyuudo: He just put on a cold look. "Then they will feel our steel as it passes through them like a whisper through the could night." HIs inner world begins to fall apart and go black.

The scence returns back to the barren wasteland with Karyuudo sitting as before with his zanpakuto on his lap. The swordsmen from earlier had reached him and were about to strike him down. The view the zooms in on karyuudo's face. His eyes open widely and he pulls his zanpakuto and inch out of his hilt. In that instant the swordsman about to release thier killing blows stopped in thier tracks. He resheaths his clkicks his blade back into place and then stands up and walks away. When he shunpo's out of his training area, the enemies that were still instasis fell to pieces, and then poofed away into smoke.
Больше года silverexorcist said…
[The Call of the Siren]

The level of danger had grown significantly, faster than anyone could anticipate. All of Seireitei was alert as the sound of the gong-like alarm blared for all to hear.

The cause was simple. What had been nothing but an invisible threat had quickly escalated into a tangible danger. The Jūzō Hoshō, who they had believed to be their allies at one point, had tried their hand at not only a captain, but several of the subordinate officers of the Gotei 13. It was clear that Soul Society’s options were limited.

So the solemn order to act was given.

The Gotei 13’s captains strode through the Precipice World, following their individual Hell Butterfly as they hurried across the unsightly ground. The pulsing walls of the strange dimension with time that moved slower than reality never ceased to disgust one who didn’t walk through it consistently. Even so, they continued forward without bothering to look. They had a goal in mind, after all.

Indeed, a goal. This goal required their focus. They were going to accomplish a number of things, such as defeating an enemy that threatened their way of life and avenging a fallen comrade. Never mind the assistance they had received from this enemy years earlier—they were more concerned for their present.

So concerned, they didn’t notice their Hell Butterflies acting slightly odd as soon as they passed a certain point at the end of the Precipice World. Before anyone could even suspect that there may have been something amiss, they were already exiting into the world of the living.

Akarui blinked in confusion as she looked around at her surroundings. She was standing on top of flat rock protruding from a lake that was flowing gently. All around were massive walls of sedimentary rock that seemed to extend straight into the sky. Roaring water falls fell from the tops of these walls, crashing into the lake around the perimeter, which was the cause for the flowing water.

“…Good evening.”

She looked straight ahead of her and blinked in surprise to see a woman wearing a mask with a strange design of fabric extending from one side bowing deeply in her direction. She stood on a flat rock protruding from the lake similarly to the one Akarui stood on, only her posture was much more subdued and calm underneath the flamboyant robes she wore.

There was a brief moment of silence before Akarui spoke.

“What…are you doing?”

“I am apologizing in advance for many reasons. First and foremost, for the fate we bestowed upon your colleague. Necessary as it was, it was still unkindly. Secondly; rather than transporting you to an actual place in the world of the living, I had you brought somewhere that is deserted. It was arrogant for me to do this without taking your preferences into account, but I feel that this place is far less…cluttered.”

“You’re…that woman from the Jūzō Hoshō, right? You didn’t seem like such a talker before, and now you’re apologizing?”

Akarui drew her sword and leveled the tip of her blade with Tomoyo’s face as Tomoyo rose from her bowing position.

“I don’t know how you managed to separate us, but it’s all the same. The 13 Court Guard Squads won’t submit to you people, no matter what the reason.”

Tomoyo’s face didn’t change as she eyed Akarui with a regretful expression.

“You won’t surrender no matter how much I beg?”

“As if.”

“You’ll only be forfeiting your life or be forced to share the same fate as your comrades either way.”

“I told you; we won’t submit to you no matter what. We won’t lose.”

Tomoyo sighed as she stuck her hand into the wide sleeves of her robes and drew out a long transparent nodachi with the tip cut off to make a flat end.

“I will do my best to have this end as quickly and painlessly as possible, then.”

Tomoyo dipped the flat end of her strange nodachi into the water and the surface of the lake rumbled. Suddenly, a massive geyser of water exploded from the lake beside her, shooting into the air. The water that rained down formed spears that hailed down on Akarui from above. Akarui braced herself in order to defend against the unique kido attack.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Captain Inochi Iriguchi blinked as he found himself standing on rocky soil. It was suddenly evening with the sun setting quickly in the horizon. Below Inochi’s feet, several different tracks were crossing in several ways, indicating that this was an area where trains met and changed direction commonly. Metal beams were erected in different fashions all around Inochi to erect a large bridge over the train tracks so the street and tracks wouldn’t impede on the others progression.

It took Inochi only a few moments to glance around and realize that none of his fellow captains were nearby. He was completely alone, not a single soul insight, dead or living.

“Where on earth did everyone go…?” Inochi murmured aloud in wonder as he scratched at his head, sighing without much panic. “Did they leave me behind? Or rather; am I lost?”

While talking to himself as he tried to figure things out, his yellow eyes wandered around curiously, observing his surroundings. They came to an abrupt stop as he noticed something far in the distance. He leaned forward and narrowed his eyes as he tried to make out the small figure that he saw on top of a building. Though he was unsure thanks to the great distance, he had the feeling that there was a person standing on the building.

“Hmm...Maybe…no, that’s impossible.” Inochi shook his head back and forth as he sighed once more. “A normal human wouldn’t be standing up there, and there isn’t a person who could properly see that far. But still…it felt like he was staring at me. Weird…”

“The fact that you even managed to suspect that much is impressive.”

Inochi blinked as he heard someone speak clearly and decisively from behind him and turned around with an eyebrow raised. The same figure he had guessed was standing on the building so far away was now standing behind him, arms folded tightly over his chest. He wore a Jūzō Hoshō captain’s outfit, but the long sleeved haori was worn over his shoulders much like a makeshift cape. The man’s height wasn’t necessarily short, but beside Inochi, he seemed to be dwarfed, especially in body width. He wore a mask of feathers that hide the upper half of his face but didn’t filter the sharp impartial gaze he had.

“Who…are you?”

“Yvon Gerard, captain of squad three within the Jūzō Hoshō.”

“Hmm…”

Inochi responded lazily like this as he wondered to himself why this man was wearing his haori like he was. Then the man’s words caught sparked a sense of danger in Inochi, causing the 6th squad captain to jump as he held his hands up in front of him.

“H-How did you get behind me so suddenly?”

“I flash-stepped.”

“But weren’t you all the way over there?”

Inochi pointed to where he’d seen Yvon standing earlier and Yvon merely nodded after looking in the direction briefly.

“More importantly,” Yvon pressed on. “I’ve come to challenge you to a duel. One on one with no tricks or deceitful tactics. What do you say?”

Inochi frowned as he narrowed his eyes at Yvon before he sighed, reaching a hand out. Yvon was slightly confused as Inochi patted his shoulder with his thick hand.

“Look, Helon—”

“Yvon.”

“Yeah, that. Can’t we talk this out, or something? I know you guys don’t want a war, and frankly neither do I. If we talk this out, we can avoid a fight and settle things peacefully, right? Rather than ambushing us and taking our spiritual pressure—however you guys do it—how about we have a good cup of saké and talk this out?”

“Hmm.” Yvon’s expression didn’t change as he thought this through. “That offer does sound interesting. Friends can be made over a cup of saké.”

“Exactly!”

“But this has nothing to do with my challenge.”

“…What do you mean?”

Yvon looked right up into Inochi’s eyes, his arms still crossed defiantly over his chest. He spoke his mind blatantly and honestly without any reservations.

“I am not interested in planning out the quickest way to subdue you people. That would be an insult to your honor as well as my own. We want to take your spiritual pressure. You don’t want that to happen. That much is obvious. In that case, we can settle this with letting the victor decide what they wish to do. All other reasons and options are mere excuses to avoid the simplest and easiest outcome.”

“Wow, you’re pretty confident in yourself, aren’t you?”

“Draw your weapon, Gotei captain. The fight is inevitable, so do not disappoint me with your complaints.”

Inochi sighed deeply as he raised his hand to scratch at his head. Then in a swift movement, the hand flew down with a karate chop, aiming to knock Yvon straight over the head. Inochi’s hand crashed into the ground before with a heavy slam, digging with enough force to make a small crater beneath him.

“Excellent. With that sort of resolve, you may make an interesting opponent after all.”

Inochi grimaced as he noticed Yvon standing right where he had been before. No…he’d rotated his body sideways and pivoted on one foot to evade the strike.

Inochi quickly pushed off of the ground to evade the two silver blades that Yvon drew instantly, quickly retreating several feet back. Yvon grinned as leaned forward on the balls of his feet and vanished with shunpo. Inochi brought his hands up to catch Yvon’s wrists in order to prevent his swords from completing their swing.

“You’re quicker than your size gives on.” Yvon murmured with a small smile on his face as he retreated several feet, holding his dual swords up in a defensive posture. The sword in his right hand was held in the traditional way, but the one in his left hand had been drawn with the blade facing downwards, similar to how a ninja would hold a kunai. “What is your name, captain?”

“…Inochi Iriguchi, captain of the 6th squad of the Gotei 13.”

Inochi replied reluctantly with another sigh. Yvon saluted by holding one of his swords up in front of him, as if displaying the length to him.

“As I said before; I am Yvon Gerard, ambidextrous, expert in long range, and one of the fastest Jūzō Hoshō captains to date, giving me the position as head of the scouting and reconnaissance team. Best of luck to you, Captain Iriguchi.”
Больше года wantadog said…
laugh
Thanks! I've been staring at this RP on and off for a week because I couldn't decide where to put my character XD
So, I wasn't proactive enough to place the battle pairings before silverexorcist's post, so whomever read his post, I apologize for the confusion. As you likely deduced, each captain will be transported to a separate location, battling a single Juzo Hosho captain. Each battle location is a new, unique location, which myself and the other Juzo Hosho will elaborate on during our post. You can speak to your respective opponent and discuss who is first, but since this was a trap by the Juzo Hosho, that controlling party should be the first to post, to help maintain clarity. The following is the list of respective pairings:

Karyuudo VS Akihiko Seinosuke

Yani Kohei VS Akumu

Kizumi Hakashi VS Yushi Kenronri

Jisano Meibatsu VS Shen Tsukubashi

Aexus Gingumaru VS Sumiko Anenokoji

Akarui Hyosho VS Tomoyo Daidoji

Majo Shin VS Kyobo

Inochi Iriguchi VS Yvon Gerard

last edited Больше года
Больше года Ryuuikari said…
What will/do the Gotei captains without opponent's be doing ?
That's your choice. Whatever you want them to do, but it would likely be in the Soul Society, as they would have been transported elsewhere in the precipice world (but there aren't enough opponents, so they stayed behind for reasons you can decide).
Больше года LinkKinuzuma13 said…
MY stupid fucking computer was an ass again. I'll be on more now that my internet's back. Akarui and Majo are ready to kick some ass, so be prepared.
Больше года Reyatsu77 said…
My computer had a virus on it so i'll be on more as well.
Больше года K0VIP3R said…
[The Battles Begin]

Majo Shin appeared from her sabotaged gateway. She stepped onto the dusty soil and looked around her new environment. The initial surprise of her arrival in her unknown world passed rather quickly. She was standing in what appeared to the centre of a village or town. It was around midday yet the place was completely devoid of life. This was what she thought however until her eyes passed over a man who was sitting on a chair on the front porch of one of the houses.

Majo: (When she took a step towards the figure the light of the sun hidden behind a tallish building filled her vision, turning the man's figure into a silhouette. Her hand flew up to her eyes to try and block out the harsh sunlight) Hello? Who's there?

???: (The figure stood up and walked towards her, hands spread showing he or she wasn't armed. When Majo's eyes finally adjusted to the light she saw a tall and broad man standing in front of her, his face was hidden by a mask that still allowed sight of his eyes and mouth of which was in a large smile) My apologies for hiding in the shadows but I had to have a little rest. I finished clearing out the village and I do not mean killing before you start accusing me of anything. I told the villagers to move on. They are vagrants so they have many villages like this scattered about the place. I told them it is going to be dangerous here so they left. I helped.

Majo: (She grabbed the hilt of her blade and the man stopped) That explains the absence of life around here but it does not explain who you are.

Kyobo: Oh I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Kyobo Sodo. Captain of Squad 8 of the Juzo Hosho. And you my dear are...

Majo: (She drew her blade, Kyobo just watched it) My name is Majo Shin. Captain of Squad 9.

Kyobo: (He bowed politely to her) A wonderful name Captain Shin. Now I was hoping we could talk this over civilly (He looked at her blade) But I some how doubt that is going to happen.

Kyobo drew his blade, holding it with apparent ease with one arm. He parried a strike from Majo and forced the blade back causing her to stumble backwards, he did not advance however. She tried again, flash stepping around him to his rear and striking at his back. Kyobo just turned to the side and let the blade swing past him. When it hit the ground he stepped on the blade and placed his at Majo's throat.

Kyobo: Give up.

_________________________________________­___­___­___­

Elsewhere Yani Kohei arrived from his gateway in an immensely vast forest. His exact location was in a clearing in the middle of a dense and seemingly endless forest.In front of him stood a Juzo Hosho captain. A woman at that. Her mask was the first thing he noticed, mostly white with floral designs covering it. He then noticed the two blades she held loosely in her hands. She gave off an aura of arrogance but of experience also.

Akumu: (She walked forward until she was almost an inch way from Yani) You didn't heed our warning, now you have to pay for it.

Yani: (He drew his blade and eyed his foe) I thought common practice dictates we introduce ourselves before we begin fighting.

Akumu: (She sighed and nonchalantly began spinning her blades) Fine, my name's Akumu Shimo Captain of Squad 7. No hurry up and introduce yourself, I've got things to do apart from fight you.

Yani: (He gritted his teeth against the increasing anger at her attitude) My name is Yani Kohei. Captain of Squad 13.

Akumu: (She raised her blades) Alright! No more pre-battle rituals you need to do? Good. Now prepare yourself!

She rushed forward and began striking, alternating her strikes between her blades. She kept up the pressure on Yani who was managing to parry each strike or evade some of the more wild ones. After a few more seconds Yani began pushing back against her with strikes with some of his own, exploiting gaps and forcing her to turn from being offensive to defensive. He perfectly struck one blade to the side and slashed her left shoulder before she had even had a chance to try and defend herself. She responded by throwing her right blade at him and while he focused on that she flash stepped just as he deflected the on coming blade sending it straight to her. she grabbed the hilt and slashed him across the back with it.

He turned around, blade at the ready. She readied herself as well....
[A Haze of Steel]

[PLAY MUSIC]

Within seconds, both combatants were at each other's necks again. Yani quickly dove into a blur of strikes, forcing Akumu to the defensive. Her eyebrows slanted as she concentrated, but her composure didn't leave her in the slightest. As the last stroke fell, the Gotei captain flashed to another location behind Akumu. The woman cursed sliently, swiveling about on one foot and stumbling backwards to evade the arcing slash Yani swung. He leaped into the air, closing the distance between them as he came down. The two clashed, Yani still airborne as sparks graced the ground with their luminescent glow.

Yani: As expected, you're quite good...

The words were spoken through gritted teeth as he pressed downward with greater force. Akumu, however, seemed unfazed by the increase in pressure her opponent had just created.

Akumu: I'm a captain-class soldier. I have to be.

She began sliding back, her feet digging grooves in the forest floor, yet she still stood resolute.

Akumu: When you're done fooling around, let me know.

Shifting her blade's position, she quickly moved out of the way, forcing Yani to drop to the ground. She lashed out at him with a wicked chop, to which he responded with his own strike. The sound of clanging metal resounded throughout the trees, and in an instant, Yani had disappeared. His voice broke the momentary silence as his heel sailed through the air towards the top of Akumu's skull.

Yani: You'll best me in raw strength, but I have the edge in speed. That is your downfall, Seventh Squad captain...

His heel collided with her head.

Yani: Akumu Shimo!

At first, captain Kohei thought that the force of the strike had broken his opponent's neck. However, his look of confidence quickly changed to one of concern. She hadn't been affected by the kick in the least, despite the amount of force behind it. The ground had even begun to accept her feet.

Akumu: Don't underestimate me, Shinigami.

Almost instantly, her hand wrapped around Yani's ankle, and, spinning once, she lobbed him forward. He tumbled through the air, crashing through several trees before recovering his balance and digging his feet into the ground to slow himself to a halt. He looked up, promptly gasping as a brilliant ball of blue energy surged toward him. Stepping forward, Yani chopped through the large kido spell, causing it to split. Both halves zoomed past him as he sprinted forward, leaping into a front flip before bringing his blade down onto Akumu's once more.

This time, both captains held their blades in both hands, and each locked eyes with the other. Yani flashed yet again, to a location behind Akumu.

Akumu: This trick again?

Shen spun about with inhuman speed, deflecting an incoming stab from Yani, who only a split second later flashed to another location and delivered another blow to the Juzo Hosho. Akumu managed to keep up with his speed, promptly turning to face her opponent whenever he transported himself. She was purely on the defensive now, while Yani continuously flanked her.

Akumu: (Mentally) Tsk... He's delicate. I only need to force him off his balance slightly.

She took a light wound to the shoulder, followed immediately by another small slash to her left forearm before clenching her fist and unclenching it in rapid succession.

Akumu: Sho!

Sure enough, Yani stumbled for a fraction of a second. Enough time for Akumu to lift her leg in a kicking motion and send him skidding on his heels several yards back.

Akumu: You're quick, but anything you can do to me is merely superficial. I'll be the victor in this match.

Yani: Then what would happen if I were to start striking with resolve, Akumu Shimo?

Akumu: Let's see if you can.

The two raced toward each other and locked in yet another deadly duel, falling trees left and right as their clangs rung out in the woods.
[Sapience: Spoils of the mind]

Captain Aexus Gingumaru: (He sluggishly stumbles from the Senkaimon, lifting his head and peeking through the mussed hair veiling his face. He jerks his head to side, sweeping away his hair, only briefly, to get a better view of the landscape. His face remains still as his eyes carefully scan his environment. He straightens his posture and adopts a quizzical expression as he slowly peers backwards. He stares in the location where the Sekaimon opened, before sweeping his hand through the air.) Well…(he pauses and looks into the sky and then at the soil) what a curious place. This certainly isn’t Karakura Town. I must have taken a wrong turn while in the precipice world. This won’t go over well at the next captains’ meeting. No, no it won’t. (He ponders his whereabouts as he observes the peculiar landscape. He stares into the deep, turquoise sky, which resembles more of a churning ocean. He begins walking forward, avoiding the massive pillars that descend from the sky above, all of which lead water flowing into large fractures in the soil’s hull).

???: It’s almost unreal, isn’t it, Captain Gingumaru?

Captain Gingumaru: (He turns his head slowly, locking eyes with a masked woman, whose stare is bright and cheerful). It’s certainly beautiful, yes.

Captain Anenokoji: It’s known as Gyakusū kyūten. The skies are vast bodies of water which endlessly channel themselves into the ground below, prompting the growth magnificent forests.

Captain Gingumaru: (His attention is easily arrested by her appearance, dismissing her explanation) I don’t believe we’ve met…

Captain Anenokoji: In a matter of speaking, no, we haven’t.

Captain Gingumaru: (He remains mute, observing the strange female, her bright cyan eyes piercing his own).

Captain Anenkoji: (The gentle breeze glides through her hair, flailing her red berry locks. Her eyes glance at his sheathed blade, before slowly returning to his face. She smiles fondly, tilting her head to the side and biting her lip beguilingly). I find you fascinating, Captain Gingumaru.

Captain Gingumaru: Why do you wear that mask?

Captain Anenokoji: It’s customary. Do you like it? It’s of my own design. I find the nature of it to be quite characteristic of my own personality.

Captain Gingumaru: I wouldn’t know, but I have a feeling I’ll find out soon enough. I have but one question: Why am I here?

Captain Anenokoji: It’s no coincidence that you transported to my location. I am truly blessed to have been paired with such an intriguing man. I suppose you’re questioning the location of your fellow captains. They are undoubtedly staring into the eyes of their respective opponent, considering the implications of the battle and bargaining on their strength, as are you.

Captain Gingumaru: (He draws his blade) let’s get this over with then. I’d rather not be here, despite its splendor.

Captain Anenokoji: You’re not the most loquacious are you, captain? (She casually dismisses his nature) It’s immaterial, anyhow. Words will be insufficient at culling the various data I plan on acquiring. I’ll need a vehement demonstration. Do me the honors and release your blade.

Captain Gingumaru: (He indolently places his hand on his hilt, eyeing her carefully)

Captain Anenokoji: Spare me your languid mannerisms, captain. You’re inclination to behave perversely will only temporarily slow this process, not to mention it will become far more unpleasant for you. ...wait a moment. Oh, I see. You fail to grasp what I request of you, am I right? I don’t simply want your Shikai. No, no, no. That’s far too juvenile for my experiment. I want to see this Bankai you so desperately try to keep secret.

Captain Gingumaru: (He raises his brow, lifting his head and cautiously processing her words)

Captain Anenokoji: Defiant silence? No…that’s not it. You’re perplexed (she cites slowly). You didn’t truly believe yourself to be boundlessly inscrutable, did you? That’d be silly, even for someone of your intellect. I imagine you are quite surprised by my knowledge of your Bankai.

Captain Gingumaru: All captains have Bankai, that is common knowledge. It comes as no surprise to me.

Captain Anenokoji: Your efforts at evading my intrigue serve you very little. At first, I was uncertain as to what I had stumbled upon. Various scouts reported your Bankai as “unachieved,” as they nor the remaining 12 captains had managed to observe it. For all intensive purposes, you have your entire organization convinced you have no Bankai. You’re the exception to the rule, similar to past 11th squad captains. An aberration of tactics was my only alternative, which led me to discover a most peculiar phenomenon, upon compiling the data. You were holding out on everyone, concealing your Bankai… with your Bankai (She says delightfully, a tinge of humor in her voice). I knew I had to study the capacity at which your Bankai could actively affect your opponent’s ability to recall memory. I have so many questions, all of which could be remedied if only you would release your Bankai.

Captain Gingumaru: (He remains silent, sliding his finger over his hilt. He looks away, gazing into the sky)

Captain Anenokoji: I attribute your current behavior as acquiescent of my request.

Captain Gingumaru: You’d be incorrect in thinking that…(he pauses, eying her)

Captain Anenokoji: Captain Sumiko Anenokoji of the sixth division.

Captain Gingumaru: I can see my Shikai will be required, but that’s as far as I’ll go. I’m not certain how you know I have Bankai, but you won’t see it.

Captain Anenokoji: I’ll simply force you into Bankai. Either way, I will have that Bankai in my possession and I will be studying its composition and nature. I’m generally not a violent woman, but if coercion is my only option, I’ll gladly cooperate. (She tilts her head, smilingly brightly behind the secrecy of her mask while she places her hand on her hilt) I have no reservations about leaving you within an inch of your life, allowing me to safely transport you to Ukishima Rakuen. There I can dissect that curious Bankai. (She begins sliding her blade from within the sheath, simultaneously reciting her command) Open your eyes…Seichi.

[David and Goliath.]

Yvon nimbly hopped back and forth to dodge the punches that came from the Gotei 13 captain. Inochi seemed to be taking his time. Only throwing a single punch every couple of seconds. First a right jab, then a left, then a right, then a left uppercut. Yvon dodged all of these with ease, only needing to take a single step to dodge each one. It was obvious that Inochi was trying to feel out his opponent, but this was too slow for Yvon's liking. He decided that if this fight was going to go anywhere, he'd have to make the first move.

Inochi aimed another punch for the man's head, but had to leap back a couple of feet to dodge the single upward slash from one of Yvon's blades. Yvon pressed his attack, now using both blades, moving faster than Inochi was, but not fast enough for it to seem like a serious fight. Inochi retreated a few steps to avoid Yvon's attacks.

This continued for a couple minutes. Both captains exchanging blows, but not yet fighting seriously. Inochi aimed three consecutive strikes, with the intent to disarm Yvon, who responded with three of his own. Inochi dodged to the left and Yvon's eyes narrowed.

There!

Yvon attacked Inochi again, this time his strikes were moving with deadly speed and precision. Inochi's eyes widened and he showcased an identical increase in speed, weaving left and right to dodge Yvon's strikes. The terrain worked to Yvon's advantage, making it easier to predict Inochi's movements. A quick stab from Yvon seemed to make Inochi lose his balance and fall over. Yvon's other blade was already coming down for a finishing blow.

Inochi put his right hand behind him and pushed off hard the instant it made contact with the ground, pushing him off and sending him spinning out of Yvon's reach. Inochi quickly righted himself and skidded back a few feet before coming to a stop. Yvon didn't give chase and merely stood up calmly as if it hadn't happened.

Inochi: "Phew. Close call."

Yvon: "Please don't insult my intelligence. I know you could have easily dodged all of those attacks. This cat and mouse game is amusing, but also a waste of time. No more games, Inochi Iriguchi, Captain of squad 6."

Yvon once again raised his weapons, this time it was clear that he had the intent to kill him.

"Defend yourself."

Inochi sighed and rubbed the top of his head.

"Well it seems that I don't have a choice. Very well."

Yvon charged at Inochi, who let him get as close as possible before spinning around, one foot dragging in the dirt. As he completed his revolution, his fist aimed to hit Yvon in the side of the head, Yvon leaped into the air, performing a complex flip and preparing to slice Inochi in two as he landed. Inochi jumped a foot to the side to dodge Yvon's first strike, and back a couple of feet to get out of range as his other blade came from the side. He leaped forward and tried to slam his fist into Yvon, who merely leaned his head to the side and brought his first blade slashing up, forcing Inochi to lean back to avoid the attack, then spun in a circle, his leg in the air. Inochi leaped back as his foot nearly collided his skull and avoided the two blades which came after it.

He watched as Yvon spun to a stop, sparks flying from his feet and blades. He charged forward, aiming several attacks at him before he could recover.

Yvon dodged them all and noticed that Inochi seemed to have switched his style of attack. Up till then, he had been utilizing a boxing style of attack, now he was attacking with all the speed of a professional martial artist. He dodged to the side as Inochi's foot came crashing down and was nearly hit as Inochi's palm almost slammed into his jaw. He spun ninety degrees and brought one of his sword slashing upwards, while his other sword, the one he wielded like a kunai, shot forward to stab Inochi in the gut.

Inochi dodged them both, barely and sighed: "You really don't hold back now do ya?"

Yvon stood at the ready: "You haven't seen anything yet. Now how about drawing your sword so we can truly get started?"

Inochi: "I guess I should. It doesn't look like your going to be beaten with anything less."

Yvon: "I won't be beaten at all, but you're right that what you're doing now is useless."

Inochi sighed and reached into his Shihakusho. He withdrew his zanpakuto and held it limp in his left hand. The sword was small when compared to Inochi, but was actually about the same length as Yvon's. Yvon wondered how he planned to fight with a weapon that he couldn't even grip correctly.

Inochi launched himself towards performed three stabs at Yvon, who dodged each. Inochi's blade suddenly shot out in a fourth strike and Yvon leaped back to avoid it. He immediately brought his blades up in a defensive posture. Those attacks were fast. They were a blur. Yvon felt his cheek and noticed blood. It seemed that his opponent was finally prepared to take this seriously.

Inochi attacked again and this time Yvon was ready. He brought one of his blades up to block the captains continuous stream of attacks and used the other to attack. As the two exchanged blows, the terrain was slowly crumbling around them. Craters formed where they landed particularly hard, objects that were in the way were destroyed as they blasted their way through.

When Inochi and Yvon finally pulled apart, they were both pretty much unscathed. A few scratches here and there, but nothing serious. Inochi lifted his blade a bit while Yvon adjusted his stance.

Inochi: "You're pretty good."

Yvon: "As are you."

Inochi: "So who's gonna release their sword first? This fight obviously won't be going anywhere until one of us does."

Yvon: "You could always do it instead of asking."

Inochi chuckled. "I could, but it's too much work. I was hoping you'd do it before I do."
last edited Больше года
Majo Shin eyed her opponent with curiosity. She didn't allow herself to waver in the face of his blade. she simply stared down it's length and into Kyobo's eyes.

"I repeat myself, Captain Majo Shin. Give up." he stated once more, his voice becoming harder with each word. Majo simply stood, her eyes holding an empty void. He could not read her, no matter how much he may have wanted to. Majo Shin was not an open book. She wouldn't be fooled or taken advantage of.

"The last time I checked, you were not my Captain Commander. I do not take orders from you, so no. I will continue to hold my blade to yours for as long as it takes."

"As long as what takes?" Kyobo asked curiously.

Majo let a sly smile grace her lips before her expression returned to it's mysterious root. "As long as it takes for you to lay down your sword and admit defeat."

Kyobo narrowed his eyes. "You insolent fool. You mock the Juzo Hosho with your arrogance."

Majo held up her sword, the green handle grips covered by her calloused hands. "There is a difference between arrogance and confidence, Kyobo Sodo."

Kyobo let out an irritated grunt, and lunged at Majo, who parried with her blade, and attempted to land a kick to his midriff. Kyobo twisted his body out of the way in time to avoid the powerful move, and retaliated with a swift knee to the side. Majo let out a grunt, but remained steadfast in her position, refusing to move. She managed to land a small blow to his upper arm with the tip of her blade as she flash stepped out of his reach. Moments later, Kyobo was upon her again, posing a powerful downward strike. As he began to bring it downward, instead of moving Majo opted for another approach. She raised her right leg and caught the side of the blade with her heel, pushing it to Kyobo's side. As Captain Shin brought her right leg down, she used the momentum to carry herself into her next kick. She brought her body around while Kyobo was distorted, raising her left leg and catching the side of his face with her heel. Kyobo spun on his heel once and skidded to a halt a few meters from Majo.

Kyobo held his face. "That hurt. I see you're not as delicate as you look."

Majo remained silent, only narrowing her eyes as Kyobo.

"You pack quite a punch, Captain Shin. It is too bad talent such as that must be wasted on the opposite side of the wall..."

"The same could be said for you, Captain Sodo." she replied bleakly.

They lunged for one another again, landing small punches and kicks here and there, never doing any real damage to the other. It was like a friendly sparring match.

That is, until Majo let a flurry of chains erupt from her shihakusho sleeve, entangling Kyobo within moments. Majo leaped from her perch atop a large tree, landing with a loud thud. She raised her blade and slammed it into the ground, dead center between the chain links.

While Kyobo struggle furiously, Majo held her hands together, mumbling to herself. She then pulled a needle from her sleeve, touched it to her blade and said aloud; "Hado 11: Tsuzuri Raiden."
_________________________________________­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­__

Akarui leaped from her perch, dodging the spears with as much speed as it would have taken. She skidded to a halt upon the surface of the water, which rolled past just underneath her feet. Her opponent still stood, her nodachi poised and parallel with the ground. Akarui let a frown spread across her face, darkening her features.

"How insolent..." she muttered beneath her breath. She raised her voice, speaking to the woman who stood, still atop her own rock. "How rude. To attack without first asking the name of one's opponent..."

The woman let her nodachi fall slightly. "My name is Tomoyo Daidoji. And you are, whom?"

Akarui made a point of grinning and drawing her second blade. "My name is Akarui Hyosho, Tenth Division Captain."

Behind her mask, Tomoyo let the corners of her mouth rise in a small smile. "Pleased to make your acquaintance."

Akarui let out a single hearty laugh and smiled. "Likewise."

And with that, Akarui lunged for her opponent, suddenly disappearing from her line of sight. Akarui reappeared just behind Tomoyo, attempting to skewer her with one of her blades. Tomoyo turned around and swiftly knocked Akarui aside with the flat of her nodachi and sent her flying. Akarui flipped herself over, stopping herself with her blade. She peered up Tomoyo through her hair, and launched herself forward, attempting this time to incapacitate her. Tomoyo merely watched as Akarui drew nearer.

Akarui's blades were suddenly stopped by the clear nodachi that Tomoyo wielded, which was held at an awkward angle.

"Wha?!" Akarui shouted indignantly. Tomoyo spun Akarui's blades out of her hands, sending them flying into the waters of the Lake. Akarui watched as Tomoyo dipped her nodachi into the water once again, sending multiple spears her way whilst creating more simultaneously.

Akarui pushed herself away from Tomoyo with an irritated growl, frantically dodging the spears as they sunk into the water once more. Akarui turned as soon as she dodged the final projectile holding both hands in front of her, fingers spread wide.

"Hado 91: Senju Koten Taiho!"

Halfway through the incantation, Tomoyo seemed to realize what was happening, and had already prepared another dangerous batch of spears, and sent them off to skewer their target.

Akarui was already there, however, and the blasts of red energy sped off towards Tomoyo, who had just enough time to avoid most of them, but was seemingly caught in one of the blasts.

A puff of smoke and one second later, Tomoyo was upon her, the only thing damaged being the left shoulder of her robes. Akarui let out a yowl as she felt the tendons in her left shoulder being lacerated. She gripped it tightly and backed away from Tomoyo as it became numb. She felt blood trickle down her fingers and tint her haori a deep red.

On her opponents face lay a look of regret. Almost as though Tomoyo was upset that she had to resort to violence.

Akarui growled at her as she watched the water ripple beneath Tomoyo's feet, waiting for her to once more attempt to skewer her with multiple ice shards. Tomoyo remained still.

Akarui shot her a bewildered look, her understanding of he situation quite limited. "What are you looking so upset about? This is a battle, Tomoyo."

Tomoyo sighed, tracing one finger across the blade of her unbelievably large sword. "I don't like resorting to violence. It solves nothing, to be blunt. I wish our two peoples could talk this over civilly, like the intelligent creatures we are."

Akarui grunted as she stood straight, removing her hand from her wound. "That;s life, I'm sorry to say. No matter what, no matter how hard our groups try, we can no longer talk our way out of this."

Tomoyo blinked.

"I'm sorry to say it, but only one of us can emerge as the victor. And I'm not going to let myself end up like my comrade, so you can forget about trying to talk things out with me!"

As soon as she finished speaking, Akarui raised her right arm, and spoke a soft incantation to herself. Tomoyo launched herself towards Akarui, attempting to now sever her already damaged left arm. Akarui flash stepped above Tomoyo, using her back as a step for her to reach a new height. Akarui stood above her now and pointed a lone finger in her direction.

"Hado 90: Kurohitsugi!"

Tomoyo jerked at the realization of what was happening, and watched as the black walls began to rise up around her. As fast as she was able she flash stepped several times, each time evading the walls that grew ever closer to her.

Suddenly, they shattered. Tomoyo swiveled her head in complete surprise, glancing below her own feet, spotting Akarui standing where she stood moments before. Holding up her right arm and staring Tomoyo in the eye.

Over the now crashing waves of the lake and the sound of the waterfalls, Tomoyo heard a lone voice.

"Through the storm and into the Light, and those who are weak will cower in fear. Shame and ridicule, anger and frustration...Fall upon your own head and put your sins to rest. The light will shine and keep the darkness at bay."

As Akarui's voice rose, a strange light began to envelop her fingertips, shining a multitude of colors. The light was concentrated into a single ball of energy atop each finger, and began to swirl at it's own pace. Akarui took in one deep breath and let it out, looking up at Tomoyo, and solidifying her gaze.

And with no remorse, spoke her next words. "Hado number 98... Kasai Jakku!"

As she spoke those words, the energy shot from her fingers, molding into one exceedingly beautiful and dangerous blast of energy, swirling with many colors.

It spiraled towards it target with absolutely no remorse, swallowing up all that it touched.
[The Resolve of the Pacifist and the Warrior] Play music throughout the entire post, s'il vous plait

“I suppose I should at the very least tell you this much.”

Tomoyo held her nodachi up and moved it steadily to the side. Several wires of kido appeared to be attached to the flat end, extending out to attach itself to the tall sediment walls in every direction. The powerful hado crashed into the wires and began to spread along them like a fuse, flying into the walls rather than toward Tomoyo. The walls were shattered from the force of the attacks, and the debris crashed into the water, creating several waves. Akarui narrowed her eyes as she watched Tomoyo’s movements carefully, ignoring the high waves that washed over her torso.

Tomoyo spoke as she stuck the nodachi back into her robes.

“I am the captain of the kido corps in the Jūzō Hoshō. You can liken it to your own—as captain, I am the current most powerful kido user in the Jūzō Hoshō. As such, kido attacks will not work well if you merely toss them in my direction while hoping they do damage…I apologize if that sounds arrogant, but it truly hurts me when I see something as sensitive as kido being used improperly.”

Akarui’s eyes narrowed as Tomoyo’s hands softly came together.

“Bakudo 122: Rāmusu Shīka.”

Akarui’s eyes widened as something began to rise out of the water beneath her and she attempted to evade. However, a thick root suddenly wrapped around her ankle, preventing her from escaping. Akarui swung her sword in an arc to cut the root, but her blade only cut halfway through and stuck fast. Her eyes widened as the roots continued to grow out of the ground, wrapping around her body without really suffocating or strangling her, but preventing any mobility whatsoever, as if she had been sat on by a mangrove.

“I guess I can believe you.” She muttered as she prepared to fire off a fire-style kido to burn the root off of her. “You’d have to be pretty impressive to use such a strong kido without incantation.”

“Hado 123: Tera Kuramāre.”

Tomoyo spoke these words with a regrettable tone and Akarui’s eyes widened as the roots around her began to glow with energy, brightening up as if they were going to explode.

“You’ve got to be kidding me!”

The following explosion shook the earth and sent more waves flowing through the water, and Tomoyo stood on the same stone as she had been earlier without moving, watching the spot where her kido had exploded.

Hado 123 was a simple hado capable of turning all nearby plant life into a bomb, but with the heavy expense of sucking the life out of the plants used. As such, the bakudo spell that had taken the form of roots had shriveled away.

“Hado 64, Rikujokoro!”
Six rods of light slammed into Tomoyo’s waist as the mist caused by the explosion settled, displaying a slightly bruised, but relatively uninjured Akarui glaring as she held one hand up.

“You deliberately used that sort of kido attack while I was partially submerged in the water to decrease the damage, didn’t you?”

Tomoyo didn’t reply. Her mask hid any expression she may have made and Akarui clicked her tongue impatiently. She shot forward with her sword raised to slash at Tomoyo’s neck. But rather than attempting to guard or escape the bakudo holding her, Tomoyo called out.

“Hold it, Ms. Hyosho! The kido wires are still up!”

Akarui only understood what she meant after she came within two meters range of Tomoyo. She clearly saw one of the wires that had been used before to deflect her kido right in front of her eyes, thin as a fishing wire. At the same time, her blade’s edge touched one of the nearly invisible wires and triggered its delayed rebound. The same spell that had been absorbed and diverted earlier returned, flying from all direction to converge where Akarui was. She quickly jumped back reflexively to avoid being eaten up by her own kido and watched as the kido devoured the wires and they dissapeared.

“Why did you warn me?!” Akarui demanded as she stopped retreating a few feet back. “What sort of person reveals their trap before it’s sprung?!”

“I reacted instinctively.” Tomoyo’s voice sounded apologetic but not regretful. “I still have trouble deliberately harming others.”

“Are you looking down on me?!”

“No, never.” Tomoyo shook her head firmly. “Weak as I am, I struggle with my resolve some times. I do not understand the morals of battle if all they do is regulate how one is harmed, rather than prevent it.”

“‘Weak’?”

Akarui shot forward with flash step, swinging her katana up at Tomoyo’s chest. The Jūzō Hoshō captain drew the nodachi with the broken tip from her robes and blocked the strike. Akarui glared directly into Tomoyo’s surprised eyes from up close.

“Do you not understand? We’re enemies! To hear that my opponent calls herself weak is an insult to my pride! Same thing for warning me! If you’re going to be so half-hearted, then don’t come to the battlefield to begin with, damn it!”

Tomoyo appeared stunned by her words for a moment before sighing in acceptance.

“I see. You’re not the first to tell me so. I despise fighting, but you are right to insist. I’m already on the battlefield after all…”

Akarui tensed herself as Tomoyo’s grip on her katana tightened.

“Cast your ancient spell…Youjutsu.”

Akarui watched as Tomoyo’s nodachi morphed into a long wooden staff similar to a stereotypical wizard’s. It was thin at the bottom—not thicker than a half dollar—but thickened more and more towards the top to form a bludgeon. Two small silver bells hung from the staff’s top but they did not ring when moved.

“Your shikai, eh?”

Akarui instinctively retreated backwards, skidding back through the air in order to put distance between the two of them. Staying close would make it more difficult for her to observe whatever abilities this zanpakutou had and put her in danger.

“Kurohitsugi.”

A normal kido spell? Akarui blinked in surprise as she heard Tomoyo say this aloud. However, she was far more surprised when four black planes positioned themselves in the air around her without forming a true box, much more compact in scale. It was far different from the Kurohitsugi Akarui had used earlier.

“Agh!” Akarui let out the sound involuntarily as she held her sword up to block a few of the black spikes that fired out as well as shifted her body to avoid the ones from below. However, several still pierced her body, causing blood to drool from the wounds as she flash stepped away, barely managing to avoid the full strength of the spell as many spikes slammed together, leaving no holes and merging together into a black box. The entire box became more compact, turning into a small cube.

“I will give you a fair warning.” Tomoyo murmured as she held her staff up. “I shall no longer be using kido that can comprehend with the precedence that you have.”

With that said, a strange circle constructed of kido energy appeared underneath and above the small black box. The circles were like magic circles with complicated designs and unreadable runes.

“Sisters of darkness, I beseech you. Recreate the fantasy you once had where no one but you could dance and all bystanders could only stand still in order to witness such splendor.”

Immediately after the foreign chant, the black box exploded.

More specifically, black spires just like earlier fired from its surface in all directions before more spires extended from them and them more from then, continuing on and on as the black spires branched out at a rapid pace.

Had Akarui spent even a moment admiring the surprising technique, she would have been skewered. As it was, the black spires merely pierced her afterimage as she flash stepped away, evading the black spires that threatened to pierce every pierce of her body.

“To think you could manage something like this when you resolve yourself to it!”

Akarui yelled this out as her sword flashed, deflecting the spires that she could not evade. Somehow, Tomoyo had changed the properties of Kurohitsugi with those magic circles…no, before that. Just by releasing her shikai. Did the magic circles morph the kido even further?

Akarui was forced to ascend high into the air as the spires followed mercilessly, apparently determined to reach her. But once she reached near the top of the waterfalls, the black spires ceased moving. Whether it was of Tomoyo’s will or due to some limitation was uncertain, but the entire structure of black spires that riddled the lake below like support beams dissolved into the air naturally.

“Tenran.”

Akarui paused a moment as she heard the voice behind her. She turned in time to see Tomoyo directly behind her, having apparently lifted herself into the air somehow with the 58th hado spell.

Tomoyo swung the staff out, but not to hit Akarui. The staff missed by several inches, but the whirling tornado that descended on Akarui was spot on, sending her flying down while spinning clockwise rapidly.

Even so, she did not give in. She continued to chant under her breath even as she lost altitude fast and held her hand up at Tomoyo’s motionless position.

“Hado 88: Hiryugekizokushintenraihou!”

The powerful blast of kido sailed up at Tomoyo, who held her staff up slightly.

“Kyōsui.”

The 88th kido slammed into the magic circle that appeared to defend Tomoyo and only ended up returning back with the same speed and power, as if Akarui had shot it at herself. Akarui was prepared to dodge as the tornado of winds faded, but something unexpected happened.

“Mahōjin: Three layers.”

Three magic circles layered appeared above Akarui and below the reflected kido spell. Akarui expected them to fire some attack, but was wrong. The 88th hado passed through each magic circle and increased with speed suddenly. Akarui grimaced as she abandoned the hope of evading.

“Bakudo 81: Danku!”

A shield of transparent kido energy appeared before her to block the spell. Even if Danku could only defend absolutely against spells 80 and lower, it was still sufficient to lessen the damage taken.

The blast, however, smashed right through the danku like a hammer through glass and slammed right into Akarui’s body. Her eyes widened as she felt the force. She hadn’t used so much energy to fire this attack. Had the magic circles increased its power proportionally to its increased speed?!

Akarui slammed into the water blue under the force of her own attack. She grimaced as she wiped blood from her mouth as she shot out of the water and landed atop a nearby rock. As soon as she stopped movie, she began to hack and more blood flew into the water as she knelt over.

“Would you like to know what the head of the kido corps in our nation is called, Ms. Hyosho?”

Tomoyo descended gracefully onto a rock protruding from the water as well as she spoke with the same apologetic tone. Her robes were completely unruffled as she held herself without any pride our arrogance.

“We have been called priestess—a divine messanger of the gods. But considering the fact that kido is a demonic magic, that’s not quite right, is it? I’m afraid that you have every right to call me a witch.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“You ask to see my shikai before releasing your own? How very arrogant.”

A small grin appeared on Yvon’s face even as he spoke the words of ridicule. He casually spun the hilts of his katana in his hand as he observed Inochi with his sharp gaze.

“Very well. But I shall not hold back, so do not begrudge me.”

Yvon held his swords up with one facing upwards, the other facing down, the pommels touching one another. It was evident that the strange way he wielded his swords was for the sake of this position.

“Cascade…Gin’iro Ya!”

Silver light enveloped the swords and Yvon’s back as his spiritual pressure exploded exponentially. Inochi gripped his thick blade tightly without paying attention in anticipation for the appearance of the shikai.

But before he could see it, Yvon was standing right before him, kicking out with one foot. Inochi’s sword hand was knocked away, opening his body for an attack. Inochi brought his free hand up to block Yvon’s second kick and he found himself taking a step back. His back hit a support beam that held up the bridge overhead.

Inochi’s eyes widened in pain as Yvon quickly inserted a thin shaft right into his shoulder and he groaned in pain as he reached a hand over to remove it immediately. But Yvon’s foot shot out and kicked the back of the thin shaft, pushing it in far deeper. Inochi groaned in pain as Yvon retreated back several feet, but not to run away.

Yvon held two swords the same way he did before releasing, but they were no longer really ‘swords’. They were silver tools similar in shape to a blade, as they were sharp and curved, but they had no distinct handles. They’re length was longer than a blade and though they looked fully capable of cutting, they seemed to lack a defined edge. On Yvon’s back, there was an upright shaft filled with short arrows. Lying diagonally across the back of his hip, Yvon had a shaft of much longer arrows.

Inochi suddenly understood what Yvon meant by ‘expert in long range’ as Yvon pressed the ends of his two blades together, forming one longbow as a string of reishi formed between them.

“Behold the attack that can bury an army without missing even an ant—Tooriame!”

Yvon drew a single short arrow from over his back and drew it taut with a single shot, the arrow split into hundreds that flew at Inochi, each one aimed directly at his body.

“Whoa!” Inochi cried as he swung his sword quickly, attempting to deflect as many arrows as he could. But with his terrible stance and one arm pinned, several managed to dig into his legs and abdomen, immediately soaking his clothes in red. Yvon prepared to fire another volley as he drew another arrow and Inochi acted instinctively. He pulled on his left shoulder with all his might, yanking the arrow stuck in his shoulder out of the metal beam that Yvon had kicked it into. Inochi flash stepped away as the arrows flew, but he was still forced to deflect a bunch of them with his sword. Their range was just too expansive.

“And now receive my arrow that can pierce a tank head on and bypass anything vaguely going by the name of ‘defense’ or ‘shield’—Tekkoudan!”

Yvon quickly drew a long bow from the quiver lying across his hip and strung it immediately. He switched which type of arrow he was using in an instant, too fast for normal reflexes to handle, so he was already aiming just as Inochi finished deflecting the volley of Tooriame. The single long arrow flew from Yvon’s bow, Gin’iro Ya, and shot like a beam of silver light. Inochi’s eyes widened as he felt a severe pain in his side and looked down to see a clean hole going through his robes and flesh. The long arrow had been so fast and forceful, it had gone straight through his body.

“I was going to say that’s like a Quincy, but it’s entirely different!”

Inochi ducked immediately as Yvon fired a second Tekkoudan and it flew over his head, piercing through a metal beam cleanly before flying off into the distance.

Arrows that could not be completely dodged and arrows that could not be blocked. If Inochi was not careful, he would probably end up a corpse. This guy really wasn’t holding back!

“For now…I guess I’ll hide!”

“You aren’t fast enough to escape my eyes.”

Yvon spoke plainly as Inochi vanished as quickly as he could with flash-step. Inochi reappeared a good ways away, sitting down behind a metal beam as he yanked the arrows out of his body painfully. They definitely felt like real arrows, unlike a Quincy’s, rather than just a gathering of reishi.

Inochi sighed as he glanced up and his eyes widened as he saw Yvon several yards away, standing in a spot with a clear shot between the metal beams with his bow up. Inochi cocked his head just in time to evade the Tekkoudan that flew at him and he hopped up with his sword raised.

Yvon appeared directly in front of Inochi with his bow held up. It separated once more into two blades as he slashed downwards on Inochi and Inochi immediately deflected. From the looks of it, Yvon’s style in close combat didn’t change at the very least.

“You found me pretty fast.” Inochi commented. Yvon merely nodded in acknowledgement to the praise as he held his two blades up.

“Close combat or long range.” He offered calmly. “Which do you prefer to face?”
Akarui eyed Tomoyo with only surprise. The Juzo Hosho Captain had just called herself fut as something most women refused to take, and then gave Akarui permission to do the same. As she stared into Tomoyo's eyes, Akarui was at a loss for words. What she saw in the Captains eyes was only sadness.

Akarui let her head fall forward as she got to her feet, blood still flowing steadily from her mouth and falling from her chin. She lifted her head up to look Tomoyo in the eye.

"Now why on earth would I do that?" she asked. Tomoyo raised her brows, taken slightly aback. "You're nothing of the sort. While you may think otherwise, you are very strong and cunning. Yet you seem to care for my safety, regardless of the fact that I am not of the Juzo Hosho..."

Tomoyo opened her mouth to speak, but Akarui cut in. "To be completely honest with you, I am honored to face an opponent such as yourself."

Akarui held up her one blade, watching the light reflect off it's surface. The sun shone bright in this place that she stood, the water reflecting it as though it were a mirror. Tomoyo gripped her shikai tightly, watching Akarui intently. She noticed this, and shot her a smirk.

"Looks like I need to try a bit harder now. I never expected you to end up kicking my ass that easily." With that, Akarui dove into the swirling waters of the lake, pumping with her powerful arms. She kicked back and forth, driving herself into the depths of the water. A shimmering light beckoned her forth, and within a few moments, she felt the grip of her blade grace her fingers once again. Akarui turned her body around, looking at the surface of the water. It shimmered with the light of the sun as it swirled in many circles, crashing against the high cliff-faces.

Once she felt her legs in the right position, she pushed forward as hard as she possibly could, driving herself out of the water within a second. She exploded from beneath the surface, water trailing behind her now soaked clothing. She floated suspended in the air, water flying all around her. Tomoyo could be seen, hiding her face from the massive spray. Akarui held her blades across one another, holding them out in front of her as if to defend herself.

"Bring forth a Reflection, Tagara Kyomen!" she shouted above the waterfalls. Tomoyo watched as the blades shined brightly, emitting their own light and gathering that of the sun. When the light faded, the blades of her swords were glass, reflecting the light each time they moved.

Akarui landed upon her perch, facing Tomoyo completely with her blades held at the ready.

For what seemed like ages, they stood, just facing one another.

Akarui finally broke the silence. "No more holding back. I will admit, I used a shit ton of energy when you caught me off guard before. But no more. I'm finished fooling around, Priestess."

With that, Akarui lunged forward, making it to Tomoyo's perch in one leap. She brought both of her blades around in a wide arc, attempting to slice her midriff. Tomoyo dodged it easily, bringing the butt of her staff up to meet Akarui's chin. she saw it coming in the nick of time and bent backwards to avoid the impact. Tomoyo watched her carefully and matched her movements, bringing the butt down upon Akarui's exposed sternum. It made solid impact, to which Akarui flinched. The crack she had felt just then was not pleasant. But she held steadfast to her posture, unwilling to break it, and lifted her right leg up to meet Tomoyo's shoulder. The Juzo Hosho stumbled back, having lost her balance due to the impact. Akarui then shoved the bludgeon aside, pushed herself to her feet, and flash-stepped directly behind the stunned Tomoyo and delivered a swift but powerful kick to her spine. Tomoyo stumbled forward, but grabbed her staff, swinging it around to strike Akarui on the side of her neck. The strike had enough force to send her flying into the side of the cliff.

Akarui hung on loose rocks, gripping her blades tighter than before. She suddenly shot out of the crater in the wall, letting loose an onslaught of attacks.

"Bakudo #8: Horin!" she shouted. Akarui swung her arm to intercept Tomoyo's staff, pulling it tight. "Bakudo #4: Hainawa!" The flashing tendrils shot from Akarui's fingers, attempting to ensnare Tomoyo's arms. Without much effort, she had managed to evade the Bakudo.

Akarui smirked. "Bakudo #62: Hyapporankan!" The rod of purple energy was gone as fast as it had formed, splitting apart to form multiple rods that sped towards their target.

"Kyosui." Tomoyo muttered. The magical circle appeared once more, deflecting the kido and sending back towards its caster. Akarui gritted her teeth, evading the attack with ease. She flash stepped directly above Tomoyo, holding her hand in front of her. "Bakudo #75: Gochutekkan!"

Five massive iron pillars fell from the sky, crashing down upon Tomoyo, pinning her to her rock. Akarui saw her opportunity and took it." Hado #73: Soren Sokatsui!"

The blue fire crashed down upon the pinned Captain, the resulting explosion was gigantic. The smoke rose to even her height. AS it cleared, Akarui was astonished to see Tomoyo standing upright, unscathed.

A sudden blast of blue fire snapped her out of her daze and forced her to move out of the way of the Hado.

Dammit! She keeps reflecting my Kido... Akarui thought. Maybe I need to get in close.

Akarui appeared behind Tomoyo, holding her had up to her face. Tomoyo immediately flash stepped away from Akarui, who fired a second Hado #88 her way.

"Hiryu Gekizoku Shinten Raiho!" she shouted. The blue cannon of power shot towards Tomoyo with unbelievable force, threatening her safety once again.

"Kyosui." she uttered for the third time. The circle once again absorbed the hado and redirected it back towards it caster, with the same speed and power as before.

"I had really hoped you would be smart enough not to let me use this on you again... Mahojin: Three Layers." Tomoyo spoke. Three circles once again appeared above Akarui and beneath the Hado #88. Akarui grinned.

"Hansha no Iro." she spoke calmly. In that instant, a giant mirror was erected as a defense against the hado. The attack was absorbed completely, and the mirror shone with a bright light.

Akarui uttered the word, and the mirror released a portion of it's pent up power, heading right for Tomoyo, who stood confidently, with Kyosui erected to deflect the attack and save her from harm. As the attack was absorbed, Akarui flash stepped behind Tomoyo with the mirror at her side, and intercepted the attack as it was, again reflected towards her. Tomoyo then turned as Akarui did the most reckless thing Tomoyo had likely ever seen.

She slammed her swords into the mirror, shattering it completely, and releasing all of it's energy.

An explosion of color followed this reckless action, along with the blasts of energy that erupted from every little shard of the glass. Tomoyo, along with Akarui, was caught in the blast that rocked the whole area and caused the waves to swell even beyond the tops of the cliff faces.

Tomoyo emerged from the smoke, coughing and spluttering. "Well that was quite-"

"Stupid, of me? Perhaps."

Tomoyo spun around on her heels, only to come face to face with Akarui's glass shard, and only to be blasted in the face with pure energy. Tomoyo flew back several feet, skidding to a halt on the surface of the water. She felt her face for any sign of injury, and found none.

"Wh...what...?" Tomoyo whispered, baffled. "You just... How is it that I can be uninjured..."

Akarui let the glass shard fall into the lake, her blood falling with it. She had been gripping it as though her life depended upon it, and now, once the effect was activated, it would affect her as well.

"That is relatively easy to explain, Tomoyo. This ability has two parts. Here is the second."

She snapped her fingers, and searing pain erupted in Akarui's wrist, and inside of Tomoyo's ear.
[Acta Sanctorum]

Captain Karyuudo: (He walks onto the moss colored stone, basking in the majestic beauty of this location. Pausing for a brief moment, he glances at different angles, hoping to get a perspective on his current circumstance. He peers into the distance, beyond the seemingly weightless garden, suspended from the sky, and identifies a man, meditating. He begins walking forward, repositioning large flowing streams of flowers and branches, the aroma, both powerful and beautiful. As he slowly approaches the masked stranger, he acknowledges that this is no stranger, not even a harmless civilian.)

???: (His eyes abruptly open, not unlike the coil mechanism on a well-constructed trap. His laurel-colored eyes tear through the opulent foliage, but his expression remains hidden beyond his iron-colored shroud.)

Captain Karyuudo: (Despite the stranger’s secrecy, Karyuudo understands his intentions all too well.) How did you manage to coerce me to this location?

Captain Seinosuke: Coerce? Those are some heavy implications, Captain Karyuudo. I simply remained still and allowed you to make the choice of whether to enter the precipice world and traverse locations.

Captain Karyuudo: Don’t be coy. You somehow relocated my position and here I am, in this unusual place. I suspected more than a trap from your people. I gave you too much credit, that much is clear.

Captain Seinosuke: I’d save your poison for a more worthwhile endeavor, Captain. Your fangs cannot reach me, no matter how close you may be.

Captain Karyuudo: (He stares at the masked stranger with confusion and intrigue before recognizing his attire) We’ve met before. Yes, I do believe we have.

Captain Seinosuke: Your memory is sharp. That’s good.

Captain Karyuudo: Are you trying to goad me into drawing my blade by subtly insulting me?

Captain Seinosuke: My apologies. I intended for my words to be quite explicit.

Captain Karyuudo: (He places his hand on his hilt as he observes his environment)

Captain Seinosuke: Maisō kyūjō.

Captain Karyuudo: What?

Captain Seinosuke: The location, it’s name is Maisō kyūjō. The reishi in this land is particularly dense, enriching the plant-life, allowing it to sprout the most magnificent of foliage. The flowers are said to be some of the most fragrant and beautiful in all the nations. You’d be surprised to learn that we’re technically beneath ground-level.

Captain Karyuudo: Oh, well, that is impressive. I’d like to learn more about Maisō kyūjō, but you will likely find objection to that.

Captain Seinosuke: (He offers no response as he slowly lifts himself from his meditative posture).

Captain Karyuudo: I guess we’re about to get serious…

Captain Seinosuke: I can’t speak for you, but there was never a moment when I wasn’t “serious.” Let’s cease the pleasantries, however. You’re here for a single purpose and that is for me to relieve you as Captain of the 2nd division.

Captain Karyuudo: (He draws his blade, pointing the tip at his opponent as he grips it tightly) Is that so? And how do you propose to do that? I see but one option, that of which involves facing my blade in a violent protest. And here I thought you were nonviolent?

Captain Seinosuke: Violence, unfortunately, is a necessary evil of this world, so one cannot simply avoid it entirely. You’re mistaking my devotion for the principle of non-bloodshed. I will do everything in my power to refrain from taking a life, even if the person is somewhat deserving of it.

Captain Karyuudo: Those are noble principles.

Captain Seinosuke: Don’t labor mistakenly, Captain Karyuudo. I may be apprehensive to strip you of your life, but I will not hesitate to eliminate your threat-level and execute the demands of the council. I have no reservations about crippling you, either physically or spiritually. The manner in which you resist will predicate that outcome.

Captain Karyuudo: …(he scowls at his opponent, remembering the outcome the last time Captain Seinosuke encountered resistance by a captain of the Gotei 13). What you did to Nagaishii…it was despicable.

Captain Seinosuke: What I did to Captain Nagaishii was favorable to the alternative. I was behaving mercifully. You should thank me for sparing your comrade.

Captain Karyuudo: Sparing? No. You simply reduced him to a shell. He now roams the inside of his room, sulking and speaking gibberish as if he had been stripped of his sanity.

Captain Seinosuke: A common side-effect, I assure you. (He shrugs-off Karyuudo’s words with nothing more than a stern glare) My warning was quite clear, but he felt compelled to ignore me. Non-compliance, at any capacity, will result in the same. You will be no exception, Captain Karyuudo. Resist and you will terminated…permanently.

Captain Karyuudo: (He carefully observes his opponent’s cold, unyielding disposition. He understands the resolve of his opponent and retains no doubts that he would deliver swift judgment if he were to be caught off-guard. He cannot help but remain astonished at the quality of Captain Seinosuke’s words, all of which drip heavy with certitude, but more importantly, honor). Very well. I’ll provide you the same respect and defeat you with non-lethal means. Of course…I cannot completely guarantee your survival.

Captain Seinosuke: How unfortunate…

Captain Karyuudo: Come now, you didn’t really expect that much, did you?

Captain Seinosuke: I’m afraid my ambiguity misleads you. I wasn’t speaking in response to guarantees. I was simply commenting on my misfortune of having an opponent so blatantly misinformed on his own capabilities. …You give yourself far too much credit (spoken with a deep, dulled voice).

Captain Karyuudo: (He flash-steps, thrusting his fists at his opponent’s chest. His hand abruptly swoops through the air, without making contact. He turns his head, observing his opponent’s calm posture).

Captain Seinosuke: You’ll require more advanced speed if you hope to best me. Captain of the 2nd division? Hmm (He contemplates his opponent for a moment, before resuming)…you put that title to shame. (He easily dodges a second strike from Captain Karyuudo) I wouldn’t expect a captain of your helm to be so awkward on his toes (He gracefully dodges an additional swing of his blade, landing in the distance).

Captain Karyuudo: I agree. You’re quite swift (delivering a stern gaze).

Captain Seinosuke: I don’t require your compliments, Captain Karyuudo. I simply require your compliance, but you’re too much of a fool to allow me that.

Captain Karyuudo: Ohhhhh…..!!! (He is abruptly halted by strings of energy that have ensnared his body. He goes to swing his blade, but finds that his arms are bound and resisted by these golden threads of energy) You laid a trap for me?

Captain Seinosuke: I felt it necessary to endorse measures that reduce the level of risk to your life. If you comply now, I can assure you absolute survival. (He begins approaching his opponent) I shall deliver the ultimate punishment, fitting of your organization. Trust me, the experience isn’t as painful as you might think. And with some assistance, you can avoid the madness highlighted by Captain Nagaishi. (He stares at him, approaching his position, prepared to strip him of his spirit energy).
last edited Больше года
[Motives and Goals! Reasons for Collision]

Jisano waited, as the presence of the Shinigami Captain got nearer and nearer, before a Senkaimon opened in front of him and a man walked out. This was different - that was plain. He had very, very long white hair, which seemed to be naturally slicked back, but without the slick, it seemed. In addition to this, he carried four blades, instead of one or two. He also had very pale skin.

'Well, I can see that there is someone waiting for me. I presume you are a Captain of the Juzo Hosho and, as such, must be here waiting to ambush me. Or am I incorrect?' the white-haired man said.

Jisano scowled, already the man seemed to have a sense of humor - one that would probably cause Jisano to blow blood vessels at this rate. He decided to keep his calm, it wouldn't help him if he lost his cool now, besides, he would be a fool for falling for his opponent's speech. 'I think not, Shinigami. I have no intention of 'ambushing' you... I can see that you are one of the ones that does not like to cause bloodshed. If that is the case, then you better get used to it, because I have a job to do and I will do it. And, for the record, I don't need to ambush you to win... We simply needed to find a place where we could engage without drawing others into the fight. Innocents need to be protected and infidels need to be punished.'

Shen smiled. 'Yes, you're right. I do not like bloodshed and I would like it if you could find it in your heart to do this a different way, instead of causing the Gotei 13 pain. Is that possible, or am I reasoning with a brute that likes to use force, instead of tact?'

Jisano sighed - this guy was making it difficult for him. 'I am trying to keep my cool here, but you're making it difficult with your warped sense of humour. I already you - I have a job to do and I have to do it - even if I didn't have to, I still would. You see, I believe in justice and you Shinigami have evaded it enough times already. It is time for your judgement, Shinigami Captain.'

'I see. In that case, it appears that I have no choice, do I. So, Juzo Hosho Captain, what is it that the Shinigami have done so wrong to deserve such a fate? You didn't exactly act merciful when you and your comrades stole Nagaishi's reiatsu. Please, elaborate.'

'I really don't see the point. You wouldn't understand. You Shinigami don't seem to get it, do you? You aren't the only Nations out there. You can't go around acting like you are the only ones with Soul Reaping duties and that you should come first out of all of the Nations. You need to learn your place and take your punishment, instead of fighting us and causing your own deaths. You could have avoided the bloodshed completely, but many of you don't seem to realise that you can't avoid it, unless you forgo the fighting. Anyway, I can see that you still don't comprehend my words. It's fine, I didn't expect you to... But, just so you know, this is where the niceties end and where my wrath begins. I'm afraid I don't practice any of the restraint that the others do - I leave my sentiments behind on the battlefield. Are you ready?'

Shen nodded. 'I am ready when you are. Before we begin, however, I have a couple of questions to address to you. First is, what is this place? It is most beautiful. In fact, I would say that I have never seen anywhere quite as beautiful as this in my life.'

Jisano looked around, forgetting about the setting. He recalled that this place, Okeru Seidou, was one of the more beautiful places in this dimension. As he recalled, this place was translated as 'in sanctuary' and the forest surrounding the luscious river valleys was some of the finest anyone would ever see. Jisano wasn't usually one to take the time to appreciate beauty, but this time he almost felt transfixed, as though this was supposed to have a calming effect on him. Jisano shook his head and the fuzzy feelings went away, so he decided to explain. 'This place is known as Okeru Seidou, or 'in sanctuary'... I believe you can understand why it is named thus. Anyway, it is one of the most beautiful places known to any Soul Reaper.'

Shen didn't look around - he seemed to be bathing in the glory of the place. Finally, after a long moment, he turned back to Jisano. 'I see, so this is known as Sanctuary... So, why did you choose this place? Sanctuary is supposed to be a place of peace and relaxation, not war and bloodshed.'

'Because... I wanted my opponent to have his funeral service in a decent location, as is fitting of someone with morals such as yours. It's a pity you aren't smarter, or one of us... You'd make a fine addition to the Juzo Hosho, someone like you. Anyway, please introduce yourself, so I know whom I am about to kill.'

Shen's eyes glinted blue. 'Shen Tsukabashi, Squad Four Captain.'

Jisano smiled back, a chilly smile with cold eyes. 'Pleasure to make your brief acquaintance, Captain. I am Captain Jisano Meibatsu, of the Combat and Torture squad, also known as Squad 10. Anyway, enough of this. It is time. Stop stalling and draw your blade (s), Captain. You've wasted enough of my time already.'

Shen sighed again. 'I suppose it is necessary... I have no choice but to oblige you, Captain Meibatsu.' Then, Shen drew one of his blades and shunpoed swiftly, striking a clean, swift blow at Jisano. Then, in a flash, his sword was back in place, resting in the backpiece made specifically for his four swords. During that quick space of time, Jisano had drawn his Zanpakuto, parried the blow, sidestepped and then turned back to face Shen.

'You are quite fast. I had expected to strike you then, only to find that you managed to draw your blade, block mine and sidestep out of the way, all in one fluid motion. You are good. But, this just the beginning for you. I will show you that the Shinigami will not allow themselves to be over-run by the Juzo Hosho.'

'Bring it on. I haven't even warmed up yet, fool. Stop stalling and fight me!' Then Jisano dodged the anticipated strike, which, again, was a swift blow, that ended up back in the sword sheath. ' You have a strange way of fighting Shinigami. Swift blows are not enough to take me down... You'll have to fight with more tenacity than that.'

Shen grinned, a mocking grin that almost incited rage from Jisano. 'I haven't even started yet, Captain. Watch the blade, carefully now.' Shen drew one of his blades and swung at Jisano, then, in a split second, drew the other, while his first blade was still in motion, the first was dodged but the second was too fast for Jisano to completely avoid and it grazed his shoulder and he fell backwards, putting his hand down and then pushing himself back to his feet.

'Well... I am impressed. That was quite a move, Shinigami. So, it seems that I have gained myself a worthy foe. If that is the case, then it is time to rumble. Come on! Get serious, now.'

Shen merely rolled his eyes and stood his ground. It would be an interesting fight, after all.
last edited Больше года
I know it's not important, but if you consider it, none of the destinations would be in Ukishima Rakuen. We wouldn't bring them to our own nation.
Больше года onix11 said…
So, could this be considered a face palm moment?
I believe that it qualifies as one.
I suppose that is a pretty good point. I'll change it to 'not in Ukishima Rakuen'... I didn't really think about that.
Kyobo's world seemed to be in slow motion. He watched Majo's hand descend towards the chain linking to those that ensnared him. He responded almost out of shear instinct. He pointed his index finger to the chain.

Kyobo: Byakurai

The kido severed the chain so Majo's kido did not flow down the chain to him. Kyobo however did not end the Byakurai however. He used it to cut away most of the chains ensnaring him, leaving his left arm caught by the remaining unbroken ones and blocked an oncoming strike from Majo by grabbing her descending sword arm. He used his superior strength to lift her off the floor and in one brisk movement threw her from him. She landed neatly on her feet and proceeded to advance on him again. Kyobo managed to extract his left arm from the tangle of chains and proceeded to sidestep an oncoming strike from Majo and grabbed her arm a second time but this time he used her oncoming momentum and spun around. Majo's feet left the ground and she was flung like a rag doll, hitting the tree that was once her perch, back first. she shouted out in pain and got to her feet rather sluggishly and uncomfortably.

When she stood straight her back cracked painfully but the pain started to recede. she noticed Kyobo holding his sword in one hand with the blade across his shoulder. She noticed how calm his eyes were, also how relaxed his stance was. It unnerved her how someone could remain so calm during a battle. She charged him down again and leaped to the left if his blade as it came down at tremendous speed, cracking the solid ground and it made impact. She watched him yank the blade out with one arm with apparent ease and replace it on his shoulder and readied himself. Majo shunpoed behind him and tried another strike, but again Kyobo dodged the strike and brought his blade down from his shoulder with one arm. Majo blocked it but barely feeling her arms jar from the vibrations on her blade. Kyobo kicked her back and dashed forward, swinging the blade across aiming at her midriff. Majo was still of balance and could not get out of the way.

When she finally regained her balance she notice Kyobo had halted his blades progress. It stayed still, unwavering at her side. She stepped back out of surprise. Kyobo lifted his blade and placed it back on his shoulder.

Kyobo: (He grabbed his mask and pulled it off, revealing his handsome yet battle scarred face.) My aim is not to kill as yours seems to be, Captain Shin. I want you to surrender. By doing that I can avoid shedding any of your blood. I aim to retain life not take it. Please surrender. For your sake. If this battle continues, I can not be held responsible for what happens to you.

Majo: (She responded simply) I don't care.

Kyobo: (He placed his mask back on) Fine. Therefore I apologise in advance for what will happen to you. Numb the Pain, Masui Heishi.

Kybo's blade changed into a large battle axe. The axe head covered in floral designs. Then, sprouting from the handle came the reiatsu made strands of energy that attached themselves to his arms in the bend in the elbow and a few more into his chest. Majo was surprised to see, despite the obvious size of the axe, Kyobo held it seemingly easy on one hand. His arm easily supporting the blade.

Majo decided to attack him. Firing off a quick byakurai that passed cleanly through Kyobo's left shoulder. While blood sprayed the background, Kyobo did not seem to visibly show any recognition of any pain in his shoulder. He looked at his left shoulder.

Kyobo: (He sighed a little) Now I have got to get this healed up. Yet another scar I am going to have to live with.

Majo ran up to Kyobo and began striking out at him with her blade. Kyobo dodged but a bit more lackadaisically than he would have normally. He used the flat of his axe head to block some of the more dangerous strikes but the others he just stepped out the way and any injuries, while minor that were inflicted to him, he did not seem to react to as if he could not even feel the strikes. He suddenly hit out at her blade, the flat of it making impact and sending her blade flying out of her hand. He swung the axe back the way he came and hit Majo's right side of her body and sent her flying in the opposite direction from her blade.

As she landed, she fired off a shakaho at him. Kyobo blocked it with his axe hea but misjudged the strength of the kido. Having not grounded himself, he travelled backwards some distance, through a wooden pillar of one of the buildings porches and hit the buildings wall. He got back up relatively quickly, again showing no signs of pain.

Majo shunpoed to her blade and as she turned around she found Kyobo in front of her.

Kyobo: Like I said. I can not be held responsible for what happens to you. He brought his axe down......
Inochi's response to Yvon's question was to lunge forward, slashing at his chest viciously.Yvon, slightly shocked by the move, easily dodged it by jumping back a foot. Inochi continued his attack by leaping towards Yvon, spinning in midair to attack Yvon's other side. Yvon blocked with one of his blades, but the force of Inochi's attack pushed him back several yards. He skidded to a stop and charged at Inochi, who was also charging. They collided in an explosion of dirt, sand, and stone. Before it had time to clear, they both exited the cloud of dust, going up in the air. They exchanged blows the entire time, both trying to force each other back.

As they finally stopped their ascent, they both locked blades again. Yvon managed to push Inochi's sword arm away, opening him for an attack. Yvon thrust his sword, intending to pierce Inochi's heart, but Inochi grabbed the blade with his bare hand, stopping the attack in its tracks, but injuring his hand. At the same time, Inochi let go of his Zanpakuto and punched Yvon in the face. Yvon was sent flying and crashing into a nearby building. The building crumbled overtop him, and Inochi took the opportunity to retrieve his sword.

Inochi had just managed to grab hold of his sword when a sound from the right alerted him. He jumped back just in time to dodge one of Yvon's Tekkoudan. He felt rather than heard Yvon appear behind him and spun around as fast as he could to block. He managed to block, but the force of Yvon's strike sent him flying to the ground.

Inochi flipped around to land on his feet and landed hard, creating a large crater. He stood at the ready, preparing for Yvon's next attack.

Yvon appeared behind him, already in mid swing. Inochi spun hard, slamming his blade into Yvon's. Yvon slashed down with his other and Inochi jumped back to avoid it. Yvon pressed forward, aiming for his right shoulder. Inochi parried the blow and slashed down on Yvon's shoulder. Yvon blocked with his other blade, but was knocked back as Inochi managed to slam his knee into his gut. Yvon grunted and dug his feet in, making him only skid back a few feet.

Inochi once again dropped his Zanpakuto and charged forward, aiming a deadly fast series of punches at Yvon. Inochi dodged a upwards slash from Yvon and tried to hit him with an uppercut. Yvon twisted to the left while simultaneously bringing his right foot up to slam into Inochi's side. Inochi managed to block most of the force with his palm, but was still knocked a bit off balance. Taking advantage of this, Yvon stepped forward, thrusting his swords into Inochi's chest, who managed to dodge by quickly flash-stepping away. Yvon followed him, appearing right beside Inochi, again in midstrike.

The swords sliced through thin air as Inochi managed to leap to the side. Inochi leaped forward again and Yvon twisted his blades to slice down on Inochi's shoulder. Inochi slapped the swords with the back of his hand, getting them bruised in the process, and used his other arm to perform an uppercut using his elbow. Yvon grunted and did a backflip as he was knocked back so that his foot would slam into Inochi's chin, knocking him back as well.

Inochi flash-stepped over to his sword and chuckled.

"You're pretty good."

Yvon appeared beside him, rubbing his chin with his wrist to make sure his jaw was okay. As he did, he looked over at Inochi.

"As are you."

Yvon didn't say it out loud, but it was clear by the look in his eyes what he meant. This level of fighting was not going to get him anywhere.

"You're right. Might as well speed things up a bit."

Inochi said as he held his sword limp in his hands.

"Commence, Pa-Ji."

Inochi spoke the release command and a whirlwind of spiritual pressure surrounded him, obscuring Yvon's sight. Yvon remained still, not bothered by it. He had to admit, he was also a little curious as to why the captain was so reluctant to release his sword.

It became apparent as soon as the wind faded, revealing Inochi, who looked roughly the same, except he now held what looked to be a wooden slingshot. It was old looking and looked a little different than most slingshots. Yvon's eye twitched slightly and a bead of sweat rolled down his face.

"Seriously?"

"I suppose so. What? Are you not impressed?"

"Impressed is not the word to describe it, but nevermind."

Inochi frowned. It seemed that he was expecting a better reaction to his zanpakuto release, though Yvon had no idea why. It was funny, in a really sad and embarrassing way.

Inochi raised his slingshot and pulled it taut. As he did, a ball of some sort of reddish liquid appeared. Yvon made no movement at all as Inochi released the slingshot and the ball was sent flying towards Yvon at a speed that it shouldn't be able to go at. As it got closer and closer, Yvon made no move. the instant before it was going to hit, Yvon moved his head to the side and the ball sailed harmlessly by him. It hit another of the support beams for the bridge and exploded violently.

Yvon was shocked by the size of the explosion, but showed no outward sign of it. It seems that Inochi knew what he was thinking though, as he calmly answered the unasked question.

"That liquid is highly volatile. It explodes at the slightest contact. The shot I fired weighed eight pounds. I figured a bigger explosion would make more of an impact."

Yvon ignored the horrible pun.

"Where does it come from?"

"Not sure. My best guess is that it's made by making my own spiritual pressure unstable and changing it's form to a liquid state. My Zanpakuto spirit is not too clear on the details. He says, and I quote, 'it goes boom.'"

Yvon still showed no outward sign of his emotions. Although from what he heard, Inochi's Zanpakuto was alot like its wielder.

"Well no matter. It makes no difference. If that's all you have, then releasing your blade was pointless."

"I wouldn't say that."

Inochi responded as he began firing his slingshot rapidly. Yvon began to use Shunpo to dodge each attack. Yvon appeared behind Inochi and tried to slash him across the midriff. It hit empty space as Inochi dodged with another well timed Shunpo. Inochi appeared next to Yvon and Yvon spun around to attack, but was too slow and Inochi's foot slammed into his side.

"He's faster."

Yvon thought as he was sent flying back. He managed to right himself and land safely on his feet. He didn't have time to rest as he had to jump to the left to avoid another ball of the red liquid.

Yvon formed his bow again and prepared to fire.

"Tooriame!"

Yvon shouted as he fired the arrow, which split into hundreds, just like before. Inochi grunted and began firing his slingshot at an incredible pace, managing to hit each arrow before it got to close. The ensuing explosions threatened to knock the two shinigami back a step or two. Yvon took a step to the left and avoided another shot by Inochi.

"Hmm....if what he said is true and that damned liquid is connected to his spirit energy, then that means it must have a limit or recharge time."

Yvon thought as he waited for Inochi to make his move. That meant that if he could force Inochi to use a large amount of that liquid, he would be defenseless. He smiled.

Inochi sighed heavily and rolled his shoulders.

"This guy is giving me one hell of a workout. I can't wait to see what other tricks Helon has in store for me, though I could do without the painful arrows."

"I thought I already told you it was Yvon."

Yvon said as he appeared a few feet away, Inochi didn't react except to turn towards him. Yvon raised his bow.

"Tooriame."

The usual large amount of arrows all flew towards Inochi, who flash-stepped away to dodge the attack. blasting any that he couldn't avoid. Yvon fired again and Inochi turned and started firing. The explosions were smaller this time so it seemed to be true that he could run out of fuel. He was conserving ammunition.

Yvon fired another Tooriame, then he flash-stepped to a different angle and fired another, then moved to another angle and fired. Yvon kept this pace up until Inochi was being attacked from all sides. He noticed that the size of the explosions had shrunk drastically. He was running out of fuel. Now all he had to do was keep this up for awhile. Inochi may be fast, but nobody can keep up that pace for too long. He would soon be overwhelmed.

A flash of red caught Yvon's eye and he dodged to the left as a stray red ball of energy flew by him, at least, Yvon thought it was stray, the moment it was right beside him, it splattered instead of exploding. He managed to avoid most of it, but he felt his arm and noticed that some of the red liquid had splattered on it. He made a movement to wipe it off, but before he could, it seemed to sink into his skin. Yvon felt his skin after it sunk through, a worried expression on his face.

"What the?"

"Phew. Close one."

Inochi sighed tiredly as he held his forearm. He had let one of the arrows slip by on purpose to get an attack in on Yvon, the arrow had skimmed his arm, not seriously, but still...

"You're alot tougher than I anticipated."

Inochi huffed through his injuries. He stood up and moved his arm a bit.

"As are you. So what is this red stuff doing?"

"Oh, you'll find out soon. In the meantime, let's continue, shall we?"

Inochi made to draw his slingshot again, but in an instant, Yvon was in front of him. Yvon kicked out and Inochi twisted to the side, dodging the kick then responding with one of his own, Yvon dodged the kick and tried to slash Inochi across the chest only to have Inochi block with his slingshot. Inochi tried to respond with another kick, but Yvon was already attacking with his other blade, forcing Inochi to jump back to avoid it.

Yvon appeared behind Inochi and thrust his blade forward, trying to skewer him through the heart again. Inochi flash-stepped away to avoid it. Yvon anticipated exactly where Inochi would appear and held one arm up, palm facing the area Inochi would be. A blue energy formed in his palm.

Inochi appeared and immediately noticed Yvon.

"Yikes!"

"Hado 33 Sokatsui."

Inochi dodged to the side in an attempt to evade the kido and nearly had his head chopped off as Yvon attacked the instant he tried to dodge. He leaped backwards and Yvon made to follow him.

Suddenly, it felt as if Yvon's entire body exploded. Yvon grunted in pain and fell to the ground, hitting it hard. He looked at his body and saw that various parts of his arms, legs and torso, and even one or two areas at the back of his head seemed to have suffered some sort of mini explosion.

"Ugh....so that's what that red stuff was doing."

He spat the words out, blood was coming out of his wounds, but even after all of that, nothing seemed to be serious.

Inochi landed fairly close by.

"Don't worry, the amount on you wasn't enough to cause serious harm to your body, but it still worked out nicely."

"What exactly happened?"

Yvon asked Inochi as he stood up and tested his arms and legs out to make sure he could still fight. He now looked in just as bad of shape as Inochi did.

"You don't need me to explain it to you. It's fairly simple. The explosive liquid seeped into your body and spread throughout your circulatory system. then it exploded."

Inochi explained it in quick sentences as he prepared to fire again.
[Stealth Mode! Yushi's Resolution]

Yushi waited in the shadows. The place he was in was called Heionbuji No Teiense, and translated to mean: 'gardens of peace and tranquility'. It really was a peaceful place, but it was boring and Yushi was starting to grow sleepy waiting for the Shinigami. Presently, he felt an energy moving towards him and he became alert again. The Senkaimon must be close, he thought.

The Senkaimon appeared, just as Captain Seinosuke had explained. And, shortly after, a Shinigami strode out from the gate, which then disappeared. The Shinigami was fairly small and about the same height as Yushi. He had fiery, red hair - that resembled flames on top of his head. He wore the typical Shinigami Haori of a Captain and had a large reiatsu.

'Welcome, Shinigami Captain...' Yushi said, as he stepped out of the shadows.

The Captain looked around in mild interest, then his eyes turned back to his opponent. Blue, they glinted dangerously, as he pulled the goggles over his eyes and grinned at Yushi. 'So, you must be one of those Juzo Hosho Captains I was told about. I assume you wish to duel me?'

'Not really... Honestly, I don't really want to waste my time with inferior fools, such as you. However, I have no choice in the matter... Captains' Meibatsu and Seinosuke have both accencuated the importance of defeating my target. And, the Head-Captain ordered us to, after all. Anyway, it matters not. Draw your blade, so we can begin.'

'Introduce yourself to me, so I may have the pleasure in knowing who it is that I will defeat in battle. You Juzo Hosho think you are superior to everyone else, especially us Shinigami. Why do you have such a problem with us?'

Yushi sighed. 'I am the Captain of Squad 13, Yushi Kenronri. I am a stealth expert. Anyway, as to your misguided philosophy, I suggest that you rethink it. Think on it like this... You Shinigami have disturbed the balance of Soul-Reaping duties everywhere... Because of your inability to cope with the Shirub, and that naive fool, Sosuke Aizen, you have threatened this balance throughout both of our Nations. Don't forget that we saved you from the Shirub... If we hadn't intervened, you would have been destroyed as a Nation. Not only that, but your Nation disobeyed many ancient laws that are meant to be followed. If I recall correctly, Akihiko said that you Shinigami had no idea what the Reiteki Rojin were and whether they were authentic or not. Well... I'm afraid that you misjudged. The Reiteki Rojin are the ultimate law when it comes to Soul Reaping... They decide everything. If you wish to remain a Nation, then you will either give up now, or you will die until the rest get the point. Do you understand me, Shinigami?'

'Yes. Most unfortunately. Now, before I say my last words, I will tell you my name... It is Kizumi Hakashi, Captain of Squad Three. As to what you just said, I disagree with your sentiments. We did nothing wrong... The Shirub were angry because of the faults of our ancestors - it should not be held against us. If this Reiteki Rojin was at all smart, they would allow us to keep our weapons and act as normal. We have defended our Nation, sometimes not so well and we understand that we have made mistakes... Now we only wish to correct those mistakes, and we can't if lose our titles as Soul Reapers. It just isn't fair...'

'It's not about fair, or unfair. It is life. You did the crime, therefore you must do the time. You can't break laws and then plead to be unpunished... It doesn't work like that. When Shinigami broke the laws, were they not imprisoned by the Gotei 13?'

Kizumi raised eyebrow. 'Yes, but what does that have to do with anything?'

'Think about it for a second, Shinigami. You imprisoned Soul Reapers in your own Nation for breaking the rules... I can't imagine the Central 46 officials would have let anybody off, just because they pleaded not to be punished. So, in that case, why is it so wrong for you Shinigami to take the punishment you deserve? You did break laws and you attracted the attention of the Reiteki Rojin... It is over for you now... You either hand over your Zanpakuto to me now and retreat back to the Soul Society, or you fight with me and end up dead. It's really your choice, you know.'

'I choose... To fight. I will not stand by and let this happen to the Shinigami... We are not criminals, but victims of a cruel injustice. Now, fight me, Juzo Hosho guy!'

Yushi smiled, a deadly smile that seemed to spread from cheek-to-cheek wide. 'Very well. Don't say I didn't warn you.' Then Yushi disappeared swiftly, an afterimage forming in the middle of the air, where he had first shunpoed from. Then, he appeared in front of Kizumi, pirouetting to flip fowards, sending a kick at the other man. Kizumi dodged as quickly as he could and drew his blade immediately, using it to knock Yushi's foot backwards.

'You fight well, Captain Kenronri... And you're deadly fast... But, it won't be enough to defeat my resolve!'

Kizumi snarled and slashed at Yushi, who disappeared again, utilising his immense speed. He miscalculated, however, and landed too close to Kizumi, who took his chance to slice into Yushi's arm. It was immaterial, though, and Yushi barely noticed the cut and leaped upwards, bringing his Zanpakuto out and slamming it downwards, trying to berate Kizumi over the head. Kizumi dodged most of the impact, but still took a little on the right side of his head and shoulder. He sidestepped the next attack and made a sweeping blow with his Zanpakuto. Yushi stopped and stared for a moment.

'You know, you're actually quite skilled. I expected to do some damage with that last attack, but it didn't seem to faze you at all. I suppose, you must have some strength of will to take a hit such as that - otherwise, you'd be on the ground. So, you have proved that you are definitely stronger than my Vice-Captain... However, now you need to prove that you can fight me on even grounds.'
Больше года onix11 said…
(The ghost comes forth)

Karyuudo knew he was trapped. He began thinking of ways to break lose of his bindings but he didn't really know much kido that could help in this situation. Then it clicked in his head. "Bakudo #73. Tozansho." The pyramid of energy forms around Karyuudo and cuts his bonds. Allowing hit to free himself from the chains that bound him. He placed his sword back into his sheath. "Well hardly two minutes into the fight and things already went close to south." He quickly had to shunpo out of the pyramid as Akihiko tore through it with his zanpakuto. Karyuudo reappered in front of his opponent and drew his sword out of it's sheath with lightning speed and precision. But it was stopped by Akihiko's own sword. He then quickly pulls back and puts his sword back into his sheath and did another charge Releasing another percsion strike at Akihiko's back. But Akihiko just shunpo's out of the way and over Karyuudo's head and swings straight down. Karyuudo catches the sword with his own but was sent to the ground where he caught himself and made a crater where he landed.

Captain Seinosuke: He just shakes his head. "It's unfortunate. If you were just a couple hundred years older, you could have posed yourself as more of a threat." He shunpos in front of Karyuudo and does a leg sweep. Karyuudo jumps over it but then receives a swift kick to his sternum from the same leg due to Akihiko's momentum of his move which sent Karyuudo flying several meters. "As for now i just need to let you tire yourself."

Captain Karyuudo: He stood up from the ground and wipe the blood from his mouth. "This will be the first time that I've ever been in a battle against a captain before." He sheaths his blade and gets into a battle stance. "I realize i'll have to end this quickly or as you said, i'll become far to fatigued." Karyuudo disappeared and around Akihiko were five versions of Karyuudo. Akihiko just blew all of the after images just to look down and see Karyuudo was less than and inch from making contact.

Back in the Soul society.

A Shingami was running as fast as he could through the squad 2 barracks. He arrived at the lieutenants office and barged in. "Lieutenant Darius!"

Lieutenant Darius: He looks up from his paper work. "What is it Yoshun. I'm very busy at the moment."

Yoshun: "Sir, fith seat Hoshino has gone missing! Nobody can find him anywhere."

Darius: He stands up and shakes his head. "Where the hell did that little fool run off to."

Back in Maisō kyūjō

Captain Seinosuke: Karyuudo was behind Seinosuke facing the opposite direction Akihiko was. A small trickle of blood on his sword that was extended fully out from his body and he was breathing heavily his shoulder then opened up with blood spraying out. He grabbed it to slow the bleeding. On Akihiko's body, there was a small mark on his chest that was bleeding slightly and a light cut on his back that measured no more than five inches in length. Akihiko turned around and swung full force at Karyuudo who blocked the attack but was still sent several feet back sliding acrossed the ground. "So, that's your technique. You use the Iado(sheathed sword technique) and with a quick maneuver you distract your opponent and aim for their Saketsu and Hakusui (Binding chain and soul sleep)." He points his hand outwards. "Bakudo #9 Geki."

Captain Karyuudo: He becomes engulfed in a read light that outlines his body. Thinking to himself. "Damn, not enough energy to break out. I concentrated all of my energy on that last attack and only gave him a couple scratches."

Captain Seinosuke: He still keeps his hands up. "The fact that you tried to take my powers away for trying to deal out punishment has me a little surprised." Keeping a calm complexion. "I'm going to make you understand how below me you are. Hado #32 Okasen." The arc of yellow energy flies straight towards Karyuudo, who understand that this wouldn't kill him, but it would hurt like hell.

Captain Karyuudo: The attack made contact and a large explosion followed by smoke. When the smoke cleared, the image that Akihiko seen next made him tilt his head. In front of Karyuudo was his fifth seat Hoshino. A shingami who looked like he was 12. Blood dripping from where his right arm used to be. He then fell over onto the ground, landing on his back. Karyuudo's eyes went wide and he began to shake. "Hoshino, how did you get here?" Then it came to him. He had given the orders for everyone to stay behind but little Hoshi must have followed him. The kido around him was released and Karyuudo fell to his knees. He crawled to the young shingami and just looked sick. "Hoshino, why did you follow?"

Hoshino: He just kind of laughed and blood came out of his mouth. "Well, I thought you could use back up from your best seated officer." His eyes were glazed and were slowly closing. "Am, i going to die?"

Karyuudo: A feeling he had felt in over a hundred years came back to him. Fear. The fear that this situation could happen again. He decided to lie to his young friend. "No Hoshino, back up will come soon and they'll fix you up. Then we can go for ice cream."

{Play Music}

Hoshino: He smiled with what little energy he had left. "That sounds great. I'd really....like....that...." His eyes slowly closed as his life left his body. Karyuudo had a tear fall down his face. Out of all his squad, Hoshino was the most happy go lucky member he had ever meet. He had some way to make the captain laugh.

Captain Seinosuke: He slowly began to walk up towards the two. "I felt his presence come in, but i was hoping for a moment to where i could have dragged him out and killed him with my blade. But this seems to have been enough to get the point across that no matter what. The shingami will fave the punishment for their crimes.

Captain Karyuudo: He stood up from Hoshino's body, a fire of anger in his eyes. "You....you're going to pay for what you did to him." Karyuudo placed his sword back into his sheath and prepared to attack.

Captain Seinosuke: "That trick won't work again, this time i'm going to sever your limbs and take your power away."

Captain Karyuudo: His reshi quickly builds up and explodes out. "Morph! Yurie!" He pulls his sword out from it's sheath slightly and a bright flash of light erupts from it. Akihiko was parshly blinded from it only to see Karyuudo was gone. He looked all over only to see a young man that looked as though he was in his twenties. His sword was still in it's sheath except for a small part of the blade. In a much more robust voice. "You should have killed me when you had the chance." He clicks the blade shut and blood erupts out of Akihiko's left shoulder.

Captain Seinosuke: He held his shoulder. "Hm, interesting. His zanpakuto seems to have increased his age to a point where he would become more capable of using the blade to it's full potential."

Captain Karyuudo: He already comes back with and upward slash from the side. " Yurie Kiritsukeru!" The blade disappears but Akihiko is able to see it coming and blocks it. The both lock blades for a few seconds. Karyuudo's new found strength allowing him not to be forced back. They both separate and stare at one another. "You have a keen i i'll give you that. Most others would have been his by that.

Captain Seinosuke: Energy glows on his hand but it seemed to shake a bit in Akihiko's hand. He sealed the wound on his shoulder and looked back to Karyuudo. "I think it's a little ironic. I said you would need a couple hundred years more experience before you could match me. And you managed to fill that gap with your shikai."

Captain Karyuudo: He smiles "Ironic or not. This is going to hurt." He resheathes his blade and a pain shoots through Akihiko.

Captain Seinosuke: He falls to one knee and looks up with a questioning look. "I'm not sure how your doing this. I stopped your attack dead in it's tracks."

Captain Karyuudo: He lifts up his scabbard from his belt. "Yurie Kiritsukeru is an attack that utilizes both spiritual and physical strikes. Although you blocked the physical aspect of it. The spiritual part still went through. Sending a shock wave through your reishi and dealing internal damage. Granted the damage isn't as powerful when they hit separately so the affects will be minor."

Captain Seinosuke: He stands up to his fullness. "So, you still have the will to keep going. Even though you know the outcome of our fight?"

Captain Karyuudo: Holds his scabbard out in front of him self with his left hand and places his right hand on the hilt of his sword. "You and I will do the dance of the warrior until one of us is unable to continue. That is the outcome i see in this battle."
Больше года Liquidz-Flamez said…
[Blade of Redemption]

(working on it)
last edited Больше года
Yani and Akumu clashed yet again in the clearing, the metallic clang of their blades echoing throughout the trees that surrounded them. Their blades were locked together, neither able to oush the other back. Akumu's blades grated along Yani's as she drove them up the length of his blade, forcing his hands to collapse back onto his body before spinning and kicking Yani's collapsed arms forcing him back along the ground, rutting it with his feet. Yani shook his arms before charging at her headlong again. Striking quickly and accurately at Akumu who blocked the oncoming attacks almost systematically. Yani suddenly flashed behind her yet again and kicked out sending her forward onto her front. One of Akumu's zanpakuto span off into the trees in front of her. As she heard Yani closing in on her, she grabbed a hand full of the dusty earth that was churned up below their feet and span, throwing the material at Yani's face. The action had the desired affect, Yani's free hand shot up to his eyes and he started rubbing them, trying to remove the offending dust particles. Akumu took this opportunity to find her zanpkauto blade, finding it behind a tree not too far from the battle zone.

By the time she had retrieved it Yani had partially recovered from the dust but his eyes were still watering and he was blinking a lot. Never the less he held his blade at the ready.

Akumu: (She raised her blades in a quite unmotivated fashion) I'm getting really tired of you....What's your name again?

Yani: (His watery eyes scrunched up in anger at her disrespect) It is Yani Kohei, Akumu Shimo. You should learn to remember a person's name. It is disrespectful you know.

Akumu: Oh thank you for telling me again. I tend to forget the names of the weak.

Yani seemed visibly enraged by this outburst and as such he flashed towards Akumu. However down to his impaired vision, he did not notice a quick movement Akumu made with her hand. He was therefore unable to dodge the oncoming onslaught of hado that came his way. He was hit by two shakhahos and as he was flying back in the air, his left shoulder was pieced by a well aimed byakurai.

Yani landed heavily. Blood seeping from his mouth and dripping down his arm and chest from the wound on his shoulder. However what surprised Akumu about this scene was the smile that plastered his face. For some unknown reason this irritated her. She started moving forward and found herself ensnared in a kido rope that had seemingly rose from the earth below her.

Akumu: (Her eyes were wide as she tried struggling out of the rope.) Hainawa. You bastard let me go.

Yani: (He stood up shakily, and spat some blood from his mouth) One good turn deserves another. Is that not how the saying goes. Well in this case, one dirty trick deserves another.

Yani yanked on the kido rope, pulling Akumu towards him and kneed her in the abdomen. He pushed her away and tugged the rope back and repeated the same trick. Akumu coughed hard as she fell to her knees, the air driven from her. Yani dispelled the kido and placed his blade at her neck.

Yani: Now either YOU surrender or you can die now.

Akumu: (She laughed, despite her lack of breath) Don't insult me. (She gripped her blades tightly and swung upwards at Yani) Because I'm never going to surrender to the likes of you!
[Acta Sanctorum: Aria of legend]

Captain Seinosuke: (He looks at his hand, inspecting the entry of his opponent’s attack) To rely on trickery makes you nothing more than a clown, Captain Karyuudo. You don’t want to be described in the annals of history as nothing more than a common fool, do you?

Captain Karyuudo: No tricks, I assure you (He adorns a puzzled expression, as though his opponent were being cryptic).

Captain Seinosuke: You assure me of what, Captain? You assure me that your strength will be enough to thwart my efforts now that you’ve undergone this transformation?

Captain Karyuudo: (He gazes into his opponent’s eyes, finding his tone disconcerting) You have a working understanding of my strength. That is evident by your wounds, most of which are invisible to the eye, but nevertheless there. You may have bested me before my release, but we’re on completely separate levels now. I’ve attained your level and it only required a single word…

Captain Seinosuke: I’ve never before heard a clown speak such truths. It almost compels me to laugh. (He holds his blade forward, staring at Karyuudo) Hold in thralldom, Kiwamete (As he recites his command, his katana undergoes a mitotic process whereby is unleashes an additional blade, which quickly tears itself from the original and forms in his right hand. Each blade takes on a dissimilar shape, the left resembling a Chinese broadsword, accented with rings, scaling the neck of the blade, and the right a long nodachi, retaining the same majestic lotus-colored hilt while its sibling is adorned a white hilt.)

Captain Karyuudo: Impressive. A duel-blade zanpakuto is indeed rare.

Captain Seinosuke: I’m afraid you haven’t begun to experience the rarity of my blade.

Captain Karyuudo: Inner-monologue: What an odd thing to say to your opponent. Everything he says…it’s as though it has purpose. No thought is wasted. What’s worse is the distinction between those blades…I need to be particularly careful. ……….. (His mind is silenced, for but a moment, as his flesh is torn from side. His eyes pulsate, frantically dilating and scanning his right-side, hoping to spot something other than blood, which readily disperses into the air. As if he were in slow motion, he regains his motor-acuity and grips his side tightly, peering to his rear, only to spot a tall-standing Captain Seinosuke). Inner-monologue: What the hell just happened…Even with my hand at my side, he somehow sliced directly across my ribs. With speed and precision like that, he could have dealt a much deadlier blow…(He furrows his brow) That was not meant to kill me. No…it was a warning. He’s pleading with me to back-down. He doesn’t want to fight anymore than I do, otherwise he would have attempted to end me. Albeit, that demonstration is insight into his zanpakuto’s abilities, as it somehow has the capacity to become intangible.

Captain Seinosuke: Kettō no… (He turns and looks at Captain Karyuudo, as he flicks the blood from his nodachi).

Captain Karyuudo: That was well-done. Tell me, who are you…?

Captain Seinosuke: 9th division captain, Akihiko Seinosuke.

Captain Karyuudo: I see… (he says regretfully before unleashing a surge of transparent energy from his blade.)

Captain Seinosuke: (He watches carefully and calmly as the attack approaches, booming with energy and speed. He glances at his opponent before indifferently cleaving the attack vertically with his blade, as if he were swatting at a fly).

Captain Karyuudo: Why do you continue to labor under the belief that your blade is enough to halt my technique? (He quickly sheathes his blade, eager to see his opponent drop to his knees in agony. He continues to watch, but there seems to be no affect. He unsheathes his blade and resheathes it, glaring at Akihiko with profound confusion) ….what happened to Yurie Kiritsukeru! (He stares at his blade peculiarly, puzzled by its disobedience).

Captain Seinosuke: And not even a moment ago, you were singing truths from those lips. Now look at you. You’ve been exposed as the clown you struggle to hide beneath that uniform.

Captain Karyuudo: (His eyes slowly refocus on his opponent, as his lip quivers with embarrassment and irritation) Yurie Kiritsukeru…(he vanishes, leaving several after-images in his wake, hoping to confuse Akihiko. He unleashes his attack, but his efforts are thwarted, once again. He watches as his opponent casually slices through his attack, simultaneously speeding toward him. He leaps backwards, as Akihiko slams his nodachi into the ground, narrowly missing Captain Karyuudo’s foot. He nimbly pivots to the side, but Akihiko’s prowess only improves.)

Captain Seinosuke: (He releases his hold on the nodachi, and allows that hand to catch his broadsword while he lands on his freed hand and pivots his body. He uses the momentum to generate a fluid oscillation, swinging his legs in rotation. He manages to kick his opponent in the chest and face, sending his opponent hurtling backwards, his body twisting away from Akihiko. With Captain Karyuudo’s back turned, he pushes himself off the ground with his hand and clutches his blade, flash-stepping from sight.)

Captain Karyuudo: (His body is thrown, twisting as though he were a rag being rung dry. His face slowly approaches the ground as Akihiko appears to his side. Before his body can collide with the ground he feels his opponent’s blade pierce his flesh, directly above his ankle, on his right leg. The blade passes clean through, halting his moving body like an anchored ship. He twists around and fires a Shakkahō)

Captain Seinosuke: (He pulls his blade from his opponent’s leg and is drove back by the Shakkahō, whispering softly under his breath) …Baitariti no āka (He soars backwards, landing on his hand and flipping himself upwards, cleaving the attack simultaneously before completing a full rotation and landing on his feet).

Captain Karyuudo: (He stands, feeling an insistent throbbing where his opponent has recently pierced his body) …that was an awfully clean shot. You’re beyond skilled with that blade.

Captain Seinosuke: (He stares at his opponent silently, watching his movements carefully)

Captain Karyuudo: I can tell you believe yourself to have the upper-hand, but you’re sorely mistaken. You forgot about my Yurie Kiritsukeru…(he quickly resheathes his blade, watching in despair as Akihiko remains unaffected. His expression is overcome by a soured frown of disappointment. He quizzically stares into his blade, trying to discern why its refuses to work properly).

Captain Seinosuke: It’s quite cumbersome, isn’t it? Not having all the answers at the tip of your fingers…

Captain Karyuudo: Hah…I have other methods.

Captain Seinosuke: I don’t doubt your resourcefulness, but that doesn’t change your transparency. You’re finding the circumstances exceedingly disconcerting, which is prompting you to consider some risky alternatives (He watches as the captain brushes his hand through his hair, glaring through the brush, straight into his eyes).

Captain Karyuudo: (He flash-steps toward his opponent, parrying to the side, before Akihiko can strike him. Unfortunately, his opponent possesses two blades and the speed necessary for making each swing lethal. Karyuudo understands, however, that his opponent desires to subdue him without taking his life, but injuring him is not beyond his scope. He lands on his foot, prompting pain to surge up his calf and thigh. He twists his body, allowing his blade to collide with Akihiko’s broadsword. He immediately withdraws, twisting around so his blade crashes into both of Akihiko’s swords. Their eyes lock before separating.)

Captain Seinosuke: Byakurai…(he fires a massive beam of energy that surges at his opponent, wiping out all plant-life in its wake).

Captain Karyuudo: (He dodges the technique, but is immediately assaulted by Akihiko. Akihiko’s broadsword soars past him as he leans back, avoiding the lethal blade. To his surprise, as he leans backwards, he watches the whole sword soar past him, like a boomerang. He immediately attempts to counter, realizing his opponent’s strategy, but it is too late. Akihiko dives beneath him, sliding his nodachi’s edge across his left ankle, slicing into his flesh, releasing a fountain of blood.)

Captain Seinosuke: (He continues to slide beneath his opponent, using his foot to pivot himself , generating a centripetal spin, allowing him to rise. He flash-steps and clutches his blade, placing distance between the injured captain and himself)

Captain Karyuudo: … Inner-monologue: What level swordsmanship is this? It’s almost second nature, as though his blades are his arms and linked with his mind. I need to renew my strategy… (He leaps around, blood pooling beneath his feet, and fires another shakkaho).

Captain Seinosuke: (He dashes at his opponent, cleaving the technique with ease, before he descends. He begins a series of swipes, requiring swift movements from Karyuudo. He slams his nodachi into Karyuudo’s blade, before spinning his body counter-clockwise, hurtling his broadsword toward his exposed right-side. He retreats to his toes, allowing his body to spin, turning his blades into a deadly, spinning guillotine.)

Captain Karyuudo: Tozanshō! (The pyramidal barrier forms, but is quickly destroyed by a swing of his nodachi. He leaps back…TENRAN!

Captain Seinosuke: (He leaps back, mirroring his opponent’s technique) Tenran. (Their attacks collide, cancelling once another) That’s a draw, I’m afraid.

Captain Karyuudo: (He pants and stumbles as he backs away, though his wounds have discontinued bleeding. He observes his wounds with a brief glances before holding out his blade).

Captain Seinosuke: You’re awfully eager to fight. I almost feel sorry for you…(said in a soft, compassionate tone).

Captain Karyuudo: Don’t…(a tinge of irritation in his voice).

Captain Seinosuke: (He stares at Karyuudo for a moment) I believe the clown has begun to realize jokes are no substitute for a blade. It’s remarkable the noise accompanied by the dismissal of innocence. You said you were my equal earlier, but I strongly recommend you reconsider that belief. You’re far from my equal, that is certain. If you continue to labor over that belief, you will assuredly lose your life.
last edited Больше года
Name: Kie Geißt (Pronounced {KEY-AY GAISST}

Age: 1656 years (Appears to be in her early to mid twenties.)

Sex: Female

Height: 5’10

Weight: 131 lbs

Hair Color: Could be considered an extremely pale blond color, but it’s true color is a more white-ish hue. It can be considered to be Silver, or “Platinum Blonde” as some call it. It is worn half-up and half down more often than not. Her hair is exceedingly long, passing below her lower back.

Eye Color: Her eyes are a deep green.

Position: Captain of The Twelfth Division (13 Court Guard Squads)(Formerly Captain of the Eleventh Division.)

Appearance: Kie, while thin, is a very muscular women. She holds herself tall and with pride. She wears a standard shihakusho top with a long sleeved Haori, wearing only the right sleeve, and around her right upper bicep wears a thin purple wrapping tied in a knot, and the left sleeve is wound behind her back and over her right shoulder so that it does not hinder her while moving. Around her waist is a deep purple sash. Around her neck she wears a deep purple scarf that hangs well past her lower thighs. Her pants are black, form fitting and tucked into silvery white boots. The boots are featureless, aside from missing the sole at the middle, exposing the middle of the black socks she wears, and a separate piece that is worn over the toes.

Personality: She has a tactical mind that is beyond that of even the Kings before her, but also has much knowledge of people, their behavior, and(surprisingly), the technology of the Gotei 13’s 12th Division. She enjoys a life of relative solitude and loneliness. Though she retains strong friendships with those around her, not much is known to them about her personality or who she really is.

Despite the assumptions, along with her cold and quiet, reserved nature, she can be exceedingly kind to anyone whom she chooses, which usually means close friends like Majo and Akarui. But she also possesses deep anger and sadness, and these feelings engulf her life more often than not. Due to her "leadership"(which really just means bottling up her emotions) skills, however, she does not let those feelings get in her way when in a battle. She may be incredibly smart and tactful, but she is a warrior to her very core. She fights with honor and chivalry, only resorting to trickery when she feels it to be her only option.

She can be anything from cold and calculating to warm and welcoming. She prefers to remain alone and make decisions for herself. She actively speaks her mind and shares opinions, but has no problem following orders. When she is angered, she is terrifying, eliciting fear from her enemy's very core. This is why people tend to shy away from her rather than forge a bond.

Zanpakuto: (Split Zanpakuto - each stage of release only has one ability, equalling four total abilities, but two per blade. Both spirits can manifest at one time during Jinzen, but only one can be used at a time when in battle.)

Name(s): Sōtoku and Kōtei(Viceroy and Emperor)
Bankai Name(s): Nise Sōtoku(False King) and Okumen no Kōtei(King of Many Faces)

Release Command: Assume command, Sōtoku. Reclaim your throne, Kōtei.

Sealed Appearance: A normal arming blade strapped to either side of her waist. The Viceroy is a simple sword with a black leather scabbard and a rusted, yet still strong, steel blade and pommel and a slightly curved cross guard(this is strapped to her right side, for use of her left hand). The Emperor is also an arming sword, however stark in contrast to the Voceroy. The Emperor is an arming sword that has a white leather scabbard complete with polished steel at both ends and a black leather strap. The blade is polished and engraved with old runes of an unknown language(this is strapped to the left side of her waist, for use of her right hand).

Shikai Appearance: Upon the release of shikai, Viceroy will be changed into a large and relatively plain, non-reflective halberd with a dark and aged blade atop a long metal shaft with a small sphere at it's end. The blade of the halberd is coated with nicks and scratches and patches of rust. Upon the release of Shikai, Kōtei will be changed into a halberd of similar appearance, although devoid of rust and nicks. The blade is polished and the center is blackened quite a bit. The blade is polished and well kept, and the shaft is wrapped with fine leather.

Shikai Abilities:

Viceroy: The primary ability of Viceroy is to weaken the opponents strikes as well as their defenses. With each strike against the Halberd the opponents strikes are weakened due to the amount of energy coursing through the weapon. This energy will connect with the opponent every time they make contact with the halberd and it will weaken them for a period of time, depending upon how many times they were consecutively struck(either through the weapons blade or though bodily strikes with the shaft or ball of the weapon).

The only specific ability that Sōtoku has is called "Nise Ishi(False Intentions)." This ability allows her to channel the power into her own body and create clones of herself, with which she is able to attack her opponent. She herself cannot attack, and the clones have the same effect as the halberd itself, should they touch their target, although only that particular area in and of itself is weakened.

Emperor: The primary ability of Kōtei is to use the power of the opponent to it's advantage. Each time it is struck the halberd absorbs the power of that strike, and the next one and the next one. With each strike absorbed, the power increases exponentially until the wielder strikes back. This ability can also apply to strikes in which a weapon is not used and also with blocked projectiles such as knives or needles.

The only ability that Kōtei has is called "Sūji de Kena(Variety in Numbers)." This ability splits her body, as well as her consciousness into several parts, creating clones of herself, which will all stand in a large circle around the opponent. Periodically her consciousness will shift from body to body, allowing her to attack with a different clone each time. Each time this happens, the clone will store up the energy from the opponents strikes and then return to it's position in the circle. When the clones become one body, she must immediately use the power in order to strike, otherwise she herself will not be able to contain the power and she risks injuring herself if she does not. The clones have a predisposition to protect themselves even without their consciousness, but they will not absorb power without one.

Bankai Appearance: In order to release Bankai, only one half of the zanpakuto may be wielded at a time. Viceroy is transformed into a shining double-bladed(on both ends) halberd of immense size and weight, all rust removed and every inch of it polished and whitened. The blade is slightly blackened towards the center of the thick. The blade is slightly curved towards the corners and three small holes are spaced evenly apart on either side. The shaft is decorated with many different etchings and engravings. Emperor is transformed into a A long halberd of immense size with the massive, misbalanced blades attached to the shaft off to one side, via clasps. The blades of the halberd are single-edged. The opposite end is a round black ball and the cross-guard that separates the blade from the shaft is a small, narrow diamond. This weapon is unique in that the blade of the halberd can also be physically destroyed and she can create another blade that is made out of white spiritual pressure, which can absorb 50% more power than it would be able to normally. Depending upon which one of them is released, she will exude either black or white spiritual pressure.(Kie's appearance is changed dramatically - she is suddenly donned in a silvery-white suit of form-fitting armor with golden highlights that weave intricate patterns along the surface. This armor is accompanied by a helmet that covers all but her eyes, which glow from within. Her helmet is adorned with black feathers sprouting from the top of the helm. Under the armor, black undergarments can be seen. Around her waist there is a small section of armor attached to a belt and another cloth that hangs over her groin. The cape that dons her back is black and is adorned with white fur at it's edge. This appearance is mainly for Sōtoku, and Kōtei has a small change. In Kōtei's bankai, the feathers are strewn with silver highlights and the cape is white, rather than black, and has black fur at it's end. In Bankai she is given either a black or white horse, which she can summon at will.)
last edited Больше года
Wow. You're really went nuts with the German with this one.
I'm 1/4 german :P I'm also taking German and I had a German student over this past semester. I wanted to do something that was very different from my normal Japanese style kind of thing.
OH, and While I'm at it, any criticisms?
This is an interesting character, Link. Very awesome! :)

@Zord and Onix. I don't suppose that you plan to respond to the posts I put up? Kinda keen to get this fighting going, if you know what I mean. It's kinda dragging a little bit.

@Crazie. I seem to recall that you said something, when we first started Resurgence, about not using certain Juzo Hosho Captains, like Squads 2 and 4, and possibly more, as I notice that 11 and 12 are missing, too. Could you, perhaps, email and let me know what's going on and whether we need any more JUzo Hosho Captains, or not. Thanks, dude. :)
last edited Больше года
If you need someone to make another Juzo Hosho character, keep in mind that I am free to do so without complaint.
[The Fearsome Duelists of Magic and Steel]

The sound of blood spurting filled the air as numerous glass spears sprouted from the surprised Tomoyo. They riddled the side of her neck and face, focused around her ear. Short as these spears were, they were more than long enough to through a human skull and into the brain. The color of red spread through the water below as Tomoyo collapsed into it.

Akarui sighed for a moment in relief but did not let her guard down. She held her blades firmly before her as she approached the priestess’ body in order to confirm whether she woman had survived or not.

“Oh dear…my robes are soaking wet…”

Unsurprisingly, Tomoyo pushed herself out of the water and spread the bottom of her robe wide with one hand, looking down at her wet clothes. The spears that had been embedded in to the side of her body fell into the water harmlessly along with the last beads of blood. Akarui stared in surprise as she noticed the complete lack of wounds in Tomoyo’s body.

“H-How?” Akarui demanded in disbelief. “That should have pierced right into your brain! Why is there not even a single wound?”

“Don’t you realize what my ability fundamentally is?” Tomoyo asked with a sigh as she turned her attention to the baffled captain. “Kido is the power to manipulate the reiryoku to achieve predetermined results, such as barriers or offense attacks. When one mistakenly mixes up the proper application, the spell back fires horribly or nothing happens at all. The same if you purposely try to deviate from the normal spell. Do you know why that is?”

“It’s the fail-safe.” Akarui responded immediately, remembering that lecture she’d received in the shinigami academy oh so long ago. “Kido can have disastrous results on the environment and surroundings if not carefully applied. That’s why they’re called demon arts.”

“Exactly. That is why creating new kido is no easy task. However, Youjutsu can do the calculations to prevent the chaos theory from taking effect. It allows me to freely use foreign spells and deviate original spells without them backfiring. In addition, the magic circles formed can increase the speed and power of spells or redirect them.”

“But that still doesn’t explain—”

Akarui narrowed her eyes as she cut off, the revelation coming to her. She’d seen for herself that Tomoyo could redirect and modify spells. She even claimed to be the head of the Jūzō Hoshō’s kido corps, which meant she was highly accomplished in it. And everyone knew that kido took three different forms—hado, bakudo, and…healing.

“Instantaneous regeneration?”

“It’s not a simple as my tissues reforming themselves in a short time, but that is essentially correct.”

Akarui frowned darkly as Tomoyo readily responded honestly. She’d modified and increased the power of her healing spells to heal any injuries immediately. With that sort of advantage, letting this become a war of attrition would be unwise. Akarui was left with two options: somehow disable Tomoyo’s kido or kill her without giving her the chance to heal. Both seemed like difficult goals.

“Talk about a challenge.” Akarui murmured bitterly. Tomoyo sighed audibly as she heard those words.

“I realize that it seems unfair, but I did not come here to have a fair battle with you. Surrender now and this can still be resolved peacefully.”

“Still saying that, are you?”

Akarui rushed forward and the force of her launch sent waves rippling below her. Akarui swung her sword around viciously at Tomoyo and the woman evaded quickly, vanishing with flash step. Akarui followed with another merciless slash, both of her swords cleaving the air without hesitation. Tomoyo once again vanished and reappeared directly behind her, staff raised.

“Sajo Sabaku!”

Golden chains flew out of the water, showing every intent to latch onto Akarui. Akarui’s swords flashed as she swung them out, slashing through the bakudo spell as she raised one hand in Tomoyo’s direction.

“Hado 54: Haien!”

A purple disc of energy flew at Tomoyo, crossing the short distance between them, but Tomoyo merely swung her staff and the bludgeon end shattered the kido on contact, rendering it harmless. So she could even affect spells that were not her own? She was basically manipulating the reiryoku freely.

Tomoyo thrust her staff forward and the edge glowed as she drew a foreign rune into the air before her in glowing light. Akarui’s eyes widened as a massive replica of the rune she’d drawn appeared beneath her feet. Instantly, Akarui’s movements slowed, as if she were trying to move through a viscous liquid, similar to syrup.

“Sprinkled on the bones of the beast! Sharp tower, red crystal, steel ring. Move and become the wind, stop and become the calm. The sound of warring spears fills the empty castle.”

A single dark storm cloud appeared above Akarui as Tomoyo chanted, raising her staff up above her head once more. Akarui struggled to move out of the way, but she would be far too slow. Several magic circles layered themselves over her, similar to a castle being built toward the heavens. There were at least a dozen circles that could multiply both speed and power.

“Hado 63: Raikohou. Precedence; Tower of Babylon!”

Tomoyo added more toward the end and the lightning cloud darkened ominously as the crackling lightning turned black. A streak of darkness split the sky as it flew down toward the magic circles that would amplify the already powerful spell.

“Hansha no Iro!”

Akarui erected a large mirror to block the descending attack, absorbing the full brunt of the black lightning as the magic circles augmented its power. The wild bolts coming from the main attack was enough to blast away the rune below Akarui that slowed her movements, giving her mobility once more as the attack vanished into the mirror. Akarui breathed a sigh of relief as she staggered for a moment on her feet.

“For you to be able to swallow up the lightning that strikes down the arrogant—I’m impressed.” Tomoyo spoke calmly as she slammed the butt of her staff into the water and it stood erect as she removed her hands from its. Tomoyo held both of her palms up in opposite direction at arm’s length and she chanted under her breath once more. Akarui’s eyes widened as she recognized the incantation and watched as crackling sphere of electricity formed directly before the priestess. The energy it released let heat and light fly and sent ripples through the air and water at the feet. Tomoyo’s mask was illuminated by the light and her scarlet eyes shone bright with a sort of regret.

“That’s hado 88…?” Akarui murmured aloud as she frowned at the strange aberration.

“Bakudo 26: Kyokko.”

Akarui’s eyes widened as everything around her suddenly went black. She still felt the wind and heard the crashing waterfalls around her, but Tomoyo’s presence as well as the attack she held had vanished completely, as if smothered.

“A question, captain.” Tomoyo’s soft voice came through the darkness from all directions, making it impossible to pinpoint her whereabouts. “It is common knowledge that a mirror can reflect light. But can it reflect the absence of such? And if so, is there any way of knowing?”

Akarui gritted her teeth as she prepared to release the energy within her mirror. If anything, it would at least shed some light on her surroundings and perhaps reveal Tomoyo’s location. But before she could utter the command words to do so, she heard a crackling sound from beside her and her eyes swiveled to the side just in time to see the same sphere of electricity that Tomoyo had formed hovering in the air beside her, having appeared out of the darkness.

“Shit—!”

Akarui barely managed the cry before a loud explosion of energy overtook her voice and slammed into her body as the sphere of electricity expanded rapidly like an explosion. The darkness caused by Tomoyo’s kido was stripped away as the light from the blast filled the entire valley. When the light faded away, it showed Akarui in a deep crater formed in the side of one of the towering walls of sediment, her mirror erected before her in last minute protection. Electricity sparked in the ominous silence, having charged the surrounding rocks, water, and even Akarui herself with several volts. Evidently, the attack had been so large scale, Akarui’s mirror could not protect her completely.

“I can definitely see why you’re the leader of your kido corps.” Akarui muttered as she raised her sword up. “Such large scale attacks surpass even captains like me.

“The power to destroy is nothing to be proud of.” Tomoyo sighed miserably as she picked her staff up from the water in front of her. “More can be accomplished by deciding to lay down your arms.”

“And I’ve already told you that’s not going to happen.”

Akarui slammed her hilt into the mirror and it shattered. Tomoyo reacted immediately, raising two fingers as several magic circles appeared between her and Akarui in the shape of a pipeline.

“Sokatsui!”

Blue spiritual energy burst forth from Tomoyo’s fingers and was amplified by the magic circles. The multicolored energy and glass shards that flew from the destroyed mirror shattered a few magic circles before the 33rd hado could reach it, but it was unable to stop the attack itself from flying toward Akarui, who attempted to move, only to find her body still numb from the electricity from the earlier attack.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yvon evaded the liquid that flew at him by flash stepping, moving at an incredible rate as he only stayed in a single spot for no more than a mere moment. At the same time, he fired a long arrow from his lower shaft across his hip, firing his armor piercing ammunition with deadly accuracy. Inochi evaded by vanishing and reappearing in several spots as well as he continued to fire his slingshot, pulling the two into a shootout.

“I admire your audacity for challenging me with ranged attacks even after I declared to you that it is my specialty. The bow has been proven to be better than the slingshot, but will you let that remain the truth?”

Yvon spoke a challenge as Inochi grimaced. One of the Tekkoudan arrows grazed his arm while Yvon continued to evade his attacks. It was clear that Yvon’s speed was still superior to his own even after his boost. Inochi found himself slowly being boxed in by Yvon’s attacks. Soon, one of the arrows would pierce right through his body.

Inochi grimaced as he took shelter behind a metal beam beneath the bridge for a brief moment as he prepared his ammo. He tossed himself to the ground immediately as a Tekkoudan arrow shot through the beam as if it weren’t there and Inochi fired upwards with a controlled amount of force, letting the ammo arc downwards before hitting the bridge above. Yvon didn’t even look up as he knocked a short arrow to his bow and fired it upwards. A shower of arrows slammed into the red liquid and explosions occurred above him without actually reaching him. Inochi jumped from behind the metal beam and fired his slingshot at Yvon before disappearing with flash step once more to evade the tekkoudan that fired at him. Yvon vanished to evade the explosions as well, and the two ran quickly along parallel paths, watching one another as they hurried along the train tracks.

“You’re moving pretty easily for having had your body exploded.” Inochi nodded casually.

“And you’re moving pretty nimbly for having your body riddled with arrows.” Yvon responded calmly as he fired another shower of Tooriame mercilessly. Inochi intercepted it with his own shots and the explosion sent dust and dirt swirling through the air, clouding their vision. Inochi came to a stop as he lost sight of Yvon. Losing sight of your opponent was a dangerous disadvantage when it came to a battle of range. Whoever found the other first would have an instantaneous advantage. Plus…

“Even in a dust cloud, you cannot escape my eyes.”

Inochi grimaced as he threw himself to the ground. He narrowly avoided the Tekkoudan arrow that was meant to snipe him directly between the eyes and the arrow flew off through the dust cloud. Inochi fired his slingshot immediately through the dust cloud, but judging from the explosions far off, it didn’t touch Yvon.

“You’re able to see me through this dust? Talk about unfair…” Inochi muttered in irritation as he attempted to sense Yvon’s presence. Since the dust was a phenomena created by the collision of their two attacks, both of their presences were mixed up in it. Because of this, he could not pinpoint Yvon’s exact location. Consequently, Yvon should not have been able to find him either.

“There are more than two eyes to see with. A sniper must have vision so sharp, a silly thing like visibility means nothing to them.”

Inochi rolled to the side instinctively as he heard the voice, firing his slingshot at the same time. He clicked his tongue as he heard the missed shots once more. This guy really was fast.

Then a shadow loomed in the dust cloud ahead of Inochi. He fired at it immediately and heard a satisfying explosion, but that should not have happened. The red liquid should have seeped into Yvon’s skin, had he been hit.

“One’s two eyes are mere tools for self-deception. Two people can see a single thing but describe it differently. Perspective truly does change everything.”

Yvon’s voice now came from all around Inochi, echoing with a ghostly effect. Inochi’s eyes widened as several Yvon appeared hovering in the air around him in a similar manner to ghosts. Inochi fire his slingshot immediately and explosions rang out as several Yvons disappeared, but more continued to materialize out of the dust cloud.

“It’s useless. You two eyes cannot keep up with me.”

“Clones, eh?” Inochi muttered as he glanced around at them. The dust cloud had finally faded away, revealing the many Yvon’s surrounding him in a ghostly fashion. “They’re really more like afterimages with a somewhat solid form. There was an Arrancar who could do this, as well as a former second squad captain. By using speed so fast that your own image can’t keep up, you leave behind a ‘frame’ of your movement.”

“Deuxieme Vitesse.” The many Yvon’s replied solemnly as they held their bows up and nocked Tooriame arrows to them. “Can you perceive a means of escape from your first-person perspective?”

They released their arrows at once and countless arrows rained on Inochi from all directions, closing in quickly like a wall of steel tipped shafts of wood.
@Exorcist. Nice post, man - very well-written. I was just wondering, because, not only would I like to know exactly which squads it was that we weren't making characters for... If there is an extra space for one, then perhaps someone should definitely make another character. It doesn't really matter who does it, though. XD
You're mistaken. I never barred any squad from having a character, I simply said the duties of those squads, examples being two, four, and eleven, would be different from that of the traditional Gotei 13. Ergo, squad four wouldn't be the "Stealth unit" and fourth wouldn't be "healing." Get it? I was trying to encourage some diversification, that's all. If you truly desire to generate another character, by all means, do. But I caution you, BP, and even silver, not to think too hard on their squad duties. The duties you asserted on your squads, BP, were all derivatives of my divisions, so it kinda looked like all three squads were engaging in similar activities. So, if you make another, don't play off another squads duty or, if I were you, don't give it a distinct responsibility.

Link, you're fine. I was simply making an observation, that's all. Although, I like how you jumped in with the 1/4 German part, that was funny. My family is from Germany, and I lived there for a few years before moving back to the US, so I can appreciate the theme. Although, the majority of people probably won't know how to pronounce the Eszett. lol
last edited Больше года
The German language is certainly far different from my first language of French despite the former relationship between the two nations, so I can hardly even begin to try to understand or pronounce those words XD. At any rate, I figured we'd been keeping those positions open in case anyone suddenly joined and wished to become a Juzo Hosho, though by this point the odds are low. I'll make a character for the eleventh squad.
I managed to find the file and paste it into the Bio. I had the wrong one in her sheet, so now I changed it.

The German language is incredibly difficult to learn, and even more so to pronounce! XD It is hard if you've never heard it spoken before. Don't try too hard to read the German words, as I will put the translation beneath them when I post using Kie.
It's a pretty hard language to learn, but luckily I learned it alongside English.
Yeah. The English language isn't easy to learn either, if you aren't a native speaker.